Bicycle® CMYK Playing Cards (USPCC) now live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Bicycle® CMYK Playing Cards (USPCC) now live on KS

Unread post by badpete69 »

ianeberle

Re: Bicycle® CMYK Playing Cards (USPCC) now live on KS

Unread post by ianeberle »

Hello everyone! I am Ian Eberle, the creator of the CMYK Playing Cards. I'm here to introduce myself, as well as answer any questions or take feedback. I hope everyone is enjoying my project. I have a long way to go in terms of funding, and I can't make these cards a reality on my own.

Thanks for everyone's support so far!
badpete69

Ian... Pierre here. Thanks for stopping by our forums and welcome. Be prepared for some questions and comments hehe and good luck with your project
doobybrain

Unread post by doobybrain »

I think this is off to a good start. I wonder however if the dots in place of traditional suit symbols makes the cards a little less useful. In my opinion playing cards should be instantly recognizable in terms of what card it is and somehow the dots makes that a bit harder.

Keep up the good work!
ianeberle

The dots versus traditional suit symbols was something that I put a lot of thought into. The reason I went with the dots is because the "suits" are the colors of the cards. If I made unique symbols AND the colors of the cards identifiers for the suits, it almost seemed like it was downplaying the fact that the colors are what should be designating the suits. Additionally, I wanted to create this deck to be minimalist, but also functional. I already have one designation for the suits (the color of the cards), so adding another seemed unnecessary. That's why I went with standard dots for all of them. Hope this helps you understand where I was coming from!
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

ianeberle wrote:The dots versus traditional suit symbols was something that I put a lot of thought into. The reason I went with the dots is because the "suits" are the colors of the cards. If I made unique symbols AND the colors of the cards identifiers for the suits, it almost seemed like it was downplaying the fact that the colors are what should be designating the suits. Additionally, I wanted to create this deck to be minimalist, but also functional. I already have one designation for the suits (the color of the cards), so adding another seemed unnecessary. That's why I went with standard dots for all of them. Hope this helps you understand where I was coming from!

But the aces are very similar in color, especially if the lighting wasn't the best. I also would rather have pips over dots.
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

CBJ wrote:I also would rather have pips over dots.
Ditto.
ianeberle

Hmm... Are all of you backers? Would you be more likely to back the project if I updated them to be pips rather than dots? It's something that I can consider if that's what the community is asking for.
badpete69

Yeah i am a backer but pips would secure my pledge hehe
ianeberle

When I was considering doing pips at the beginning of the design process, I was considering doing non-standard pips, such as circle, square, triangle, and diamond. That would still keep these cards unique and it would keep the clean lines that I am going for. What do you guys think?