Striped Playing Cards (soon)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Striped Playing Cards (soon)

Unread post by sinjin7 »

SBurk49 wrote:Dude, I had NO idea you were a cardist. I pinned you for more of a collector for sure. Seeing how passionate you are about certain things made me draw that conclusion. Also, your wording is weird to me. You fear it? Your one of the main collectors on this forum too. At least yours is one of the opinions I usually read on that matter.
I like to dabble with a little bit of cardistry, but by no means do I consider myself to be a cardist - I don't make videos or put out tutorials or anything like that. I enjoy watching the artistry, skill, and creativity of cardistry. I actually got into collecting because of cardistry. I stumbled across my first cardistry video in 2007 and was impressed by what was being done. I noticed that people were using a variety of different decks in their videos and that was when I first saw someone using a Black Tiger deck and I said to myself, "Damn, I need to find out where to get a deck like that", which led me to Ellusionist, which lead me to the world of custom playing cards, which lead me to collecting. But I'm probably not the prototypical collector either since I open and use all my decks, even the rare ones. This is why I go on about stuff like card stock and finish and how that applies to handling, which most strict collectors don't really give a crap about.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

My two cents: this forum is adapting with the times. Cardists 10+ years ago could fan, shuffle and amaze as they pleased with very few options of decks. And by few options I mean compared to today. The burst of custom playing cards has made people more picky about the decks they use and open. Maybe sinjin aside, who is using an Empire deck for card routines? No one- they're holding on to it as a collectors item or selling it on ebay.
My point is there are sooooo many decks in the market today it's hard to keep up. I actually try to flourish when I can but my skills are probably more suited for a party than youtube. I can actually moderately do a good chunk of moves out there (after several tries!) thanks to some great DVDs like the Trilogy etc. But I digress- what I'm trying to say that it's more fun/challening to collect the tons of playing cards out there than performing cardistry, for me anyway. And this site is an invaluable enabler to my adiction.
Mirror

Unread post by Mirror »

vasta41 wrote:My two cents: this forum is adapting with the times. Cardists 10+ years ago could fan, shuffle and amaze as they pleased with very few options of decks. And by few options I mean compared to today. The burst of custom playing cards has made people more picky about the decks they use and open. Maybe sinjin aside, who is using an Empire deck for card routines? No one- they're holding on to it as a collectors item or selling it on ebay.
My point is there are sooooo many decks in the market today it's hard to keep up. I actually try to flourish when I can but my skills are probably more suited for a party than youtube. I can actually moderately do a good chunk of moves out there (after several tries!) thanks to some great DVDs like the Trilogy etc. But I digress- what I'm trying to say that it's more fun/challening to collect the tons of playing cards out there than performing cardistry, for me anyway. And this site is an invaluable enabler to my adiction.
This is very true and I think that because there are so many different decks out there, not all decks can appeal to collectors, cardists and magicians alike. There are a lot of different decks out there and there are more and more every day but still, I think that all these decks have their place within at least one of the above groups. Nowadays, if a deck manages to appeal to cardists and collectors as well as to magicians, then that means the creator has done one hell of a good job. But not all creators manage or even want to do that and with a community that has grown so much in the past years, they don't have to.
Collector

Unread post by Collector »

sinjin7 wrote:... But I'm probably not the prototypical collector either since I open and use all my decks, even the rare ones. This is why I go on about stuff like card stock and finish and how that applies to handling, which most strict collectors don't really give a crap about.
I doubt that there is "the prototypical collector" as some general category. I also open all my decks, even the rare ones. But the reasons are different. And I "don't really give a crap about" their handling. Also I know dozens of people with the same interests. I believe the trend to collect sealed decks is mainly common for modern collectors.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

Collector wrote:
sinjin7 wrote:... But I'm probably not the prototypical collector either since I open and use all my decks, even the rare ones. This is why I go on about stuff like card stock and finish and how that applies to handling, which most strict collectors don't really give a crap about.
I doubt that there is "the prototypical collector" as some general category. I also open all my decks, even the rare ones. But the reasons are different. And I "don't really give a crap about" their handling. Also I know dozens of people with the same interests. I believe the trend to collect sealed decks is mainly common for modern collectors.
I'm just going to say... It's awfully hard to play with the cards if they stay sealed. :lol: May be wrong but I think most people pop their decks and use them. It's my feeling that there is a minority of people who don't intend on using them.
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
Mirror

Unread post by Mirror »

Just leaving this here.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlhR47A ... freload=10[/youtube]
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

:lol: that's hypnotizing.
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Just buy NOCs instead.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

They're different than the ones he sells in the original post. The deck in the video looks like green NOCs with very faint black stripes, not visually enhancing at all.