Tallans Playing cards by Carlos Contreras

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
CContreras
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Tallans Playing cards by Carlos Contreras

Unread post by CContreras »

Hey everybody, Please go checkout my new deck of cards on Kickstarter! Thank you!!
Follow me on IG @crls_conts and TW @CarlosTheftrd

badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Tallans Playing cards by Carlos Contreras

Unread post by badpete69 »

Welcome to the forums Carlos. I added the pics of your decks to your original post. Good luck
CContreras
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

badpete69 wrote:Welcome to the forums Carlos. I added the pics of your decks to your original post. Good luck
Thank you badpete69 !
cherrynukacola

Unread post by cherrynukacola »

I like the back design, though it could use some color.
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

Those are some really small indices.

Edit: Those queens look quite manly.
CContreras
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Make sure to check out the project on Kickstarter!!
Collector

Unread post by Collector »

Rethinking of Theory11’s Monarchs?
CContreras
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Collector wrote:Rethinking of Theory11’s Monarchs?
Some people may say that, but that was casualty, I didn't inted at all to look alike. Was it because of the swords? You won't believe how in love I'm with swords, I know it's weird hahaha!
Thanks for commenting!
Conturbia
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Conturbia »

Yashi wrote:
Edit: Those queens look quite manly.
all queens are beautiful :D stop the impossible beauty standards that permeate playing cards! :D
Collector

CContreras wrote:
Some people may say that, but that was casualty, I didn't inted at all to look alike. Was it because of the swords? You won't believe how in love I'm with swords, I know it's weird hahaha!
Thanks for commenting!
It was because of a lot of details.
CContreras
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Collector wrote:
CContreras wrote:
Thanks for commenting!
Oh, and can I know whats your opinion about the overall deck?
Thank you!
CContreras
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Hey guys, I need to know what is it that you are not liking about the deck. The crowd found it's goi slow, can somebody please tell me.
Thank you
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

CContreras wrote:Hey guys, I need to know what is it that you are not liking about the deck. The crowd found it's goi slow, can somebody please tell me.
Thank you
Your court cards and the tuck box. Your back design is the only thing that is kind of up to standard, and you probably got to promote your deck a little more?
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

CContreras wrote:Hey guys, I need to know what is it that you are not liking about the deck. The crowd found it's goi slow, can somebody please tell me.
Thank you
Well frankly, the court cards look like people hatching out of eggs. :D
CContreras
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

volantangel wrote:
Thank you
Your court cards and the tuck box. Your back design is the only thing that is kind of up to standard, and you probably got to promote your deck a little more?
What's wrong with the court cards?
You have no idea how many people I have asked the share the deck, they see the photo and then they don't even reply. I'm trying to build a community here, but I feel like the people aren't giving me the opportunity.
My deck may don't be the most detailed and I may don't be known in this community, but you are, admit that there are decks that doesn't deserve the get funded, that they have no effort at all put in to them, they are a me Wynn and affordable Jerrys and they don't even do something creative with the faces and they get funded in less than a week.
I just don't think it's fair that someone that literally did a back design in less than a day can get funded while there are tons of decks that deserve to be printed and just because the person who is doing the simple no effort design it's better know, even if he does the ugliest design ever he gets funded.(I'm not talking about my project, I'm kinda of an underground fanatic because people haven't gave me the opportunity.
What do you think I could do to build a community?
Thank you!
CContreras
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

And I really apologize for the grammatical errors, I'm still in the process of dominating the English, I live in Puerto Rico and here we talk Spanish.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Your English is fine, definitely much better than my Spanish. No one is questioning the amount of work you put into this deck, or the passion you have for it. Sometimes making a successful deck is a process, especially if its your very first deck.

You have a good foundation with your back design. I think its a cross between the Pedale deck and the T11 Monarch deck. Your court cards could use some refinement, however. You need to show what the spot cards (numbered cards) look like.

Here are your 2 biggest problems. The tuck box is simply not acceptable. Study the tuck boxes of the Monarch and Pedale decks (because your deck is obviously similar in style to those decks) and other successful Kickstarter playing card projects, and you will see how much more work you need to do if you want to attract collectors. Your current shipping cost will never allow this deck to have a chance. You're charging $12.00 for one deck, plus $9.00 shipping to the U.S. I'm sorry, but not many people will pay $21.00 shipped for one Tallans deck made by the LPCC. I doubt many would pay $21.00 even if this was a USPCC deck. If you've been paying attention, the average cost for a quality USPCC custom deck on Kickstarter is about $12.00 shipped.

If/when your deck fails to fund, don't get discouraged. There's no point in wondering why other inferior Kickstarter decks fund, they have nothing to do with you. You have to develop a thick skin to endure criticism, and have an open mind to take advice on how to improve your deck. Two areas to start with is the tuck design and your pricing. Good luck.
Collector

CContreras wrote:
Collector wrote:
CContreras wrote:
Thanks for commenting!
Oh, and can I know whats your opinion about the overall deck?
Thank you!
Big pips are interesting. All other things don't impress me. You can build a comunity, but you can't force people to like your design.
alvinhy
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by alvinhy »

CContreras wrote:
volantangel wrote:
Thank you
You have no idea how many people I have asked the share the deck, they see the photo and then they don't even reply. I'm trying to build a community here, but I feel like the people aren't giving me the opportunity.
My deck may don't be the most detailed and I may don't be known in this community, but you are, admit that there are decks that doesn't deserve the get funded, that they have no effort at all put in to them, they are a me Wynn and affordable Jerrys and they don't even do something creative with the faces and they get funded in less than a week.
I just don't think it's fair that someone that literally did a back design in less than a day can get funded while there are tons of decks that deserve to be printed and just because the person who is doing the simple no effort design it's better know, even if he does the ugliest design ever he gets funded.(I'm not talking about my project, I'm kinda of an underground fanatic because people haven't gave me the opportunity.
Thank you!
Sometimes you have to learn how to take in criticism. You asked for some feedback and you got feedback.
I understand where you are coming from, but just a reminder: Minimal design is much harder to get right than normal design.

I agree with others where your back design is very good. But that does not reflect in the artwork of the courts and pips.
The tuck box is just a let down of the whole deck.

Maybe put some more time into it and share your progress on social media to build a community.
:)
CContreras
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

alvinhy wrote:
CContreras wrote:
volantangel wrote:
Thank you
Thank you!
Sometimes you have to learn how to take in criticism. You asked for some feedback and you got feedback.
I understand where you are coming from, but just a reminder: Minimal design is much harder to get right than normal design.

I agree with others where your back design is very good. But that does not reflect in the artwork of the courts and pips.
The tuck box is just a let down of the whole deck.

Maybe put some more time into it and share your progress on social media to build a community.
:)
And what do you think I can make to the court cards to improve them?
alvinhy
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by alvinhy »

It just doesn't have the same intricate detailed line work you have on the back of the card.