Bicycle Mayhem Playing Cards deck (KS)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Cardicians
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Bicycle Mayhem Playing Cards deck (KS)

Unread post by Cardicians »

Hey guys, thats cool ill remove the text and put it to a vote:) i think thats fair, thanks for the feedback!

of course lets see if it gets funded first, Im collecting all feedback so i can do all the changes at the same time:)
nECr0MaNCeD
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

Cardicians wrote:Hey guys, thats cool ill remove the text and put it to a vote:) i think thats fair, thanks for the feedback!

of course lets see if it gets funded first, Im collecting all feedback so i can do all the changes at the same time:)
Fair enough. Thanks for considering our feedback. It really means a lot when a designer shows that they care about the collectors.
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
lolo

Unread post by lolo »

Cardicians wrote:Hey guys, thats cool ill remove the text and put it to a vote:) i think thats fair, thanks for the feedback!
Thank you for this ! Just remove the text description ("King of spades" for example) on cards and you make a happy man ;-)

Have you noticed that "mayhem" on front of cards are a bit shifted from the frame. The space from the frame under the first M is greater than the space under the last M... "Mayhem" doesn't seem fit well the frame...
Mayhem.jpg
Mayhem.jpg (50.63 KiB) Viewed 7502 times
Perhaps use the same typo for this mayhem than the one use for back and tuck could improve coherence of the deck...
My collection
The French Touch with english grammatical errors copyrighted by myself
Cardicians
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

thanks lolo will do this is an easy fix,
Cardicians
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Hey Guys, so the backers have spoken , this was a comment "I hate when I pledge for a design, and someone then gets the creator to change what I've already pledged on.
If you change the original design, I guess I'll have to think about cancelling in the hopes that you will eventually release this deck the way it was too. "

in all fairness Iv got close on 500 people all backing the original design, its just not fair to change it now, ill do minor tweaks like lolo's comment .

I am sorry guys and in future i will run the next designs past you first, as you guys do have a keen eye for great decks.

I hope you guys will be willing to help me out going forward.

peace
Mike
lolo

Unread post by lolo »

Cardicians wrote:Hey Guys, so the backers have spoken , this was a comment "I hate when I pledge for a design, and someone then gets the creator to change what I've already pledged on.
If you change the original design, I guess I'll have to think about cancelling in the hopes that you will eventually release this deck the way it was too. "

in all fairness Iv got close on 500 people all backing the original design, its just not fair to change it now, ill do minor tweaks like lolo's comment .
You can try a new design and put it to the vote of your backers... Perhaps they would approve this new design...

But you are the only captain on the "deck" ;-)
My collection
The French Touch with english grammatical errors copyrighted by myself
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Ok. I've commented here in public about the backs of these cards, but I've also sent a private note to the creator asking he consider, at the very least, reversing the orientation of the word "Mayhem" on the backs.

The problem right now is that at the top of the deck, Mayhem is upside-down.

When you play a card game, or otherwise fan your cards, the people in front of you only see the tops of the cards, not the bottom. This means that they will see, at the top of the card, upside-down text. That just doesn't work for me.

It would be like seeing the cherub riding a bicycle upside down. Or the eagles on the Fed 52's with their feet in the air. It just doesn't work.

I understand the idea that "well, lots of people have backed the project as it is, and we don't want to disappoint them by changing now," but this is an error in the design. Nobody is backing the project thinking, "By golly, finally a deck with it's name on it upside down at the top! I sure hope it stays that way!"

Others have commented here about the design being busy, or not wanting to see text on the faces, and clearly, those issues don't bother me quite as much. While I think a little less would be a little more, I still like the design. That's why I backed it.

But I can't get past that upside-down text on the backs. In a world of so many very, very good designs, I'm no longer feeling so hot spending money on a pretty good design with this one obvious error. So, I'm going public:

Cardicians, is there any chance you'll commit to correcting the orientation of the text on your backs? Or even asking your backers what they would prefer? As has been commented before, you are captain on this deck, and I respect that. But as captain of my collection, I'm looking for good design that doesn't have this kind of error so prominent on the backs. What say ye?
This space intentionally left blank.
OnTheGrind

Unread post by OnTheGrind »

rousselle wrote:Ok. I've commented here in public about the backs of these cards, but I've also sent a private note to the creator asking he consider, at the very least, reversing the orientation of the word "Mayhem" on the backs.

When you play a card game, or otherwise fan your cards, the people in front of you only see the tops of the cards, not the bottom. This means that they will see, at the top of the card, upside-down text. That just doesn't work for me.
At first read, I had no idea what you were talking about, but after re-reading it and looking closely at the back, WOW! Can't believe I missed that. Yeah, that is a pretty glaring flaw, and very easy to fix. Just switch the mayhem on the bottom to the top and vice-versa... might cancel my pledge, pretty significant flaw :cry:
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

rousselle wrote:Ok. I've commented here in public about the backs of these cards, but I've also sent a private note to the creator asking he consider, at the very least, reversing the orientation of the word "Mayhem" on the backs.

It would be like seeing the cherub riding a bicycle upside down. Or the eagles on the Fed 52's with their feet in the air. It just doesn't work.

I understand the idea that "well, lots of people have backed the project as it is, and we don't want to disappoint them by changing now," but this is an error in the design. Nobody is backing the project thinking, "By golly, finally a deck with it's name on it upside down at the top! I sure hope it stays that way!"

Others have commented here about the design being busy, or not wanting to see text on the faces, and clearly, those issues don't bother me quite as much. While I think a little less would be a little more, I still like the design. That's why I backed it.

But I can't get past that upside-down text on the backs. In a world of so many very, very good designs, I'm no longer feeling so hot spending money on a pretty good design with this one obvious error. So, I'm going public:

Cardicians, is there any chance you'll commit to correcting the orientation of the text on your backs? Or even asking your backers what they would prefer? As has been commented before, you are captain on this deck, and I respect that. But as captain of my collection, I'm looking for good design that doesn't have this kind of error so prominent on the backs. What say ye?
Very well said! I guess the grey area is what's considered a change. He said he would make "minor tweaks" but not "change" the deck. That's contradicting to me! Flipping the text upside down (back to normal) is a necessary "tweak" IMO.
flyers3003
White Whale: Original Rarebit

Unread post by flyers3003 »

It's especially glaring when you compare the back to the fronts. Every card has text on the front (the name of the card), but the orientation of the text on the fronts is correct - readable at the top, upside down on the bottom. Considering the design of the fronts is this way, it should not be considered a major change to make the backs match, IMO.
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Bicycle Mayhem Playing Cards deck (KS) (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I just made a comment on their project. I'll keep an eye out for a response and send a message if i dont see one by lunch.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
SBurk49
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by SBurk49 »

IMO....

I really dont care. Either way it still looks cool and I'm buying them. Yup.
"Cards are war, in disguise of a sport."
Cardicians
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

hey well spotted, ill be making that change for sure!!
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I would have withheld/withdrawn my pledge just based on the time it took for them to correct something like this.

But, like Sburk49...
SBurk49 wrote:I really dont care. Either way it still looks cool and I'm buying them. Yup.
I don't really care either. Either way I won't be pledging :ugdance:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
AceOfHearts
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

(Bad english below, pls some mod make it proper if is not)
I was wondering - this deck and previous 2 are all x5000. But the first deck is extremely rare (I have checked - only 2 shops in entire planet have it). Let's assume ~x1500 for KS backers, ~50 for personal use and friends of the creator, maybe ~250-500 for those 2 shops... where did the other 2500+ decks go? Any ideas? I hope Steel and this deck to be far more wide spread or it will be the same? I see now Cardicians have Shop in his webpage that is coming soon maybe there we can buy...
Most of the good KS decks are selling everywhere after the campaign is over...
Cbkimble

Re: Bicycle Mayhem Playing Cards deck (KS) (wap)

For those that pledged for these, looks like they're starting shipping today.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

I really liked the look of the tuck and back, but wasn't sure about the red background of the cards and the designs, I sure hope this isn't one I regret.

In looking at the project again I had to do a double take on the jokers, I swear they were playing guitars...I'll just leave this here:

rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Is that Paul Stanley of Kiss? :)
This space intentionally left blank.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

rousselle wrote:Is that Paul Stanley of Kiss? :)
Exactly! Apparently we managed to be part of the problem with expiring my prior image, so I added a new one. Can't unsee!!!
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Got mine today, I really wish they had embossed the tuck. Good addition though, glad I went in on it. Not a top tier deck, but I still quite like it. Definitely filled my quota for this style I think though.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

ecNate wrote:Got mine today, I really wish they had embossed the tuck. Good addition though, glad I went in on it. Not a top tier deck, but I still quite like it. Definitely filled my quota for this style I think though.

pictures?
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

I still haven't gotten anything and seems i'm not the only one. Also seems like quite a few Steel backers are still waiting for decks. Cardicians has really dropped the ball imo and will be losing a lot of backers if they ever bother to launch more decks.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
CostlyAxis

Unread post by CostlyAxis »

I received my deck several weeks back. Probably over a month ago at this point. I didn't back the Steel project, but I did back their prior project which also arrived on time for me as well. Seems like my experience with Cardicians is radically different from some others.

Pardon my terrible fanning skills.
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

So apparently Cardicians are blaming Elite Cards for sabotage. They also claim they weren't getting paid for doing art on the Elite decks or something like that. One has to wonder if that was the case why they bothered to go through Elite for fulfillment at all. I wonder if i'll ever see my Mayhem decks.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
AceOfHearts

Want this deck badly... But with $ going up and up and shipping cost more than deck itself and customs i pray for EU shop !!!
cosmicsecret
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

AceOfHearts wrote:Want this deck badly... But with $ going up and up and shipping cost more than deck itself and customs i pray for EU shop !!!
Oh yes...Euro is very weak right now.
Maybe they sell their overstock to Murphys Magic and we will see them pop up at the online magic shops.
The Gamblers warehouse decks popping up under Murphys Magic - i´m so glad that i can pick up the Steampunk Bandits now for a better price then during the Kickstarter :)
AceOfHearts

Well, Steel deck didn't enter MurphyMagic nor any eu retailer... holding my thumbs for this one
Cbkimble

jerichoholic wrote:So apparently Cardicians are blaming Elite Cards for sabotage. They also claim they weren't getting paid for doing art on the Elite decks or something like that. One has to wonder if that was the case why they bothered to go through Elite for fulfillment at all. I wonder if i'll ever see my Mayhem decks.
Where did you get that information?
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

This deck is now available in blue from Gamblers Warehouse

Bicycle Mayhem (Blue)
https://bit.ly/BicycleMayhemBlue

The link above is for American buyers.
For International order queries contact them at sales@gamblerswarehouse.com

Jay
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Kinda cool for people who like these designs to get them now in different colours when they weren't around for the original releases but most Bicycle decks felt outdated for me even years ago.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.