Black Fontaines now live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 50

Re: Black Fontaines now live on KS

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

Marcus wrote:Well, he did create the first Fontaine decks out of popular demand. You can't blame him for it if he created a design he liked, people wanted it and pledged for it so he could produce it. And you can't really blame him for doing a blue edition when the first was so successful and people wanted another one. And you can't really blame him for doing a black edition if the first two editions were so successful.

He has never claimed these to be some kind of superior work of art, he just wanted them for himself and doing these campaigns not only get him a bunch of these printed for himself for free, but it also results in him earning a few bucks on it at the same time. The Fontaine deck was always meant to be a performance deck, not some kind of project meant to further the evolution of art. The absolute majority of customers are still users more than collectors, and these decks cater to that crowd.

I say congratulations to Zach for building such a successful following over the last few years via his Zlogs, the Insider episodes and the Exposé series. He has worked for it and earned it.
You forgot he is also honest. 1/5000 :oops:
RussellSprouts
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Marcus »

sprouts1115 wrote:
Marcus wrote:Well, he did create the first Fontaine decks out of popular demand. You can't blame him for it if he created a design he liked, people wanted it and pledged for it so he could produce it. And you can't really blame him for doing a blue edition when the first was so successful and people wanted another one. And you can't really blame him for doing a black edition if the first two editions were so successful.

He has never claimed these to be some kind of superior work of art, he just wanted them for himself and doing these campaigns not only get him a bunch of these printed for himself for free, but it also results in him earning a few bucks on it at the same time. The Fontaine deck was always meant to be a performance deck, not some kind of project meant to further the evolution of art. The absolute majority of customers are still users more than collectors, and these decks cater to that crowd.

I say congratulations to Zach for building such a successful following over the last few years via his Zlogs, the Insider episodes and the Exposé series. He has worked for it and earned it.
You forgot he is also honest. 1/5000 :oops:
In all fairness he has been up front about that mistake from the start, it's nothing he's tried covering up. And it's not the first typo on a tuck case we've seen.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.
volantangel
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

If you havent seen this guy's mudslinging antics on the CXX deck, you should. And you should drop whatever pledges you have on this deck. Period.
Lord Nikon
Magician: Yes

Unread post by Lord Nikon »

I must have missed something, what did Zach M. do this time? :(
volantangel wrote:If you havent seen this guy's mudslinging antics on the CXX deck, you should. And you should drop whatever pledges you have on this deck. Period.
volantangel

Lord Nikon wrote:I must have missed something, what did Zach M. do this time? :(
volantangel wrote:If you havent seen this guy's mudslinging antics on the CXX deck, you should. And you should drop whatever pledges you have on this deck. Period.
We'll be your own judge :) This is with reference to the cxx decks that jarek just put on ks.

Would you back someone of this character ? When all there is to this deck is his name ?
image.jpg
Lord Nikon

Unread post by Lord Nikon »

Now that's what I call douchebaggery. :( My son likes/liked both of these guys and uses their videos as a learning tool. I think Zach's age and maturity level are showing through right now and I've seen social media hurt even the most humble of people. He can consider my KS pledging for (3) Bricks reduced to 2 decks of cards for my son and even that money is hard to let go of now. :)
volantangel wrote:
Lord Nikon wrote:I must have missed something, what did Zach M. do this time? :(
We'll be your own judge :) This is with reference to the cxx decks that jarek just put on ks.

Would you back someone of this character ? When all there is to this deck is his name ?
image.jpg
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

Wow, comments like those Zach has made are pretty tough to come back from. There isn't much high road to take anymore there. Pretty rough dude, pretty rough. I'm not backing, nor looking forward to either of their decks myself. Still really don't like to see things like that going on. I think it's better left on the playground while painting rubber cement on his friends fingers for making videos.
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
AceOfHearts

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

I'm 99% sure that post from Zach is reply from previous conversations that we do not know about.
You can't say to someone that he is garbage without knowing him in person? If this is just a simple post expressing feelings well is unbelievable, then that guy is total &@!!**%, maybe someone forced him (provoked him or drunk), i don't see any more post about that from Zach and there are several from Jarek, It's weird.
And somehow i am happy that a hater like Zach is telling him the truth about his deck. And in other hand Jarek is telling the truth about Zach deck.. Ha-ha is funny, I want to see more.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

AceOfHearts wrote:It's hard to believe that tweet of Zach came out of nowhere. I assume It has to be reply from previous conversation or maybe he were drunk. I mean there has to be a strong reason right? If this is just a simple post expressing feelings well is unbelievable, then that guy is total &@!!**%, maybe someone forced him (provoked him), i don't see any more post about that from Zach and there are several from Jarek, It's weird.
Does it really matter? Nothing warrants such a response. And I don't condone Jarek's responses either, they're certainly unnecessary, but they're nowhere near as harsh and cruel as Zach's post. Although this is coming from someone who said everyone could make their own fontaines with an NOC deck and some white-out, so I have no right to judge.

Good thing I don't like either of their decks, makes it easier to not have anything to do with them.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

It's probably a publicity stunt. Are any of these guys known for their outbursts? Seems so out of the blue.
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Marcus »

I'm sure the fact that Jarek 23:34982234 is making money off of ripping off magic creators on his youtube channel played its part in this "conversation".
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

Marcus wrote:I'm sure the fact that Jarek 23:34982234 is making money off of ripping off magic creators on his youtube channel played its part in this "conversation".
Good point. Either way, it shouldn't be happening. Just how I see it anyway, being professional means being professional.
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Eoghann wrote:It's probably a publicity stunt. Are any of these guys known for their outbursts? Seems so out of the blue.
This is nothing new from Zach. Years ago (and I'm talking back in Decknique days) Zach (aka zachmonkey back then) got into it with one of our members, Fletch (aka trashmanf). Many of you know trashmanf as one of the early video card review pioneers with his YouTube channel Review XCM and I still think his video reviews are among the best, even after all these years. So Zach goes and makes this video of himself and his friends in some magic shop and he just goes on and on about how Fletch is a nobody and how little his knowledge of magic is, and how weak his cardistry skills are, etc. Its actually pretty comical because Zach is literally this pimply little young teen trying to be this tough guy on video and he probably had no idea that Fletch is a 6 foot 8 inch giant. This shows Zach hasn't matured on bit and there was a good reason T11 fired him and didn't even give him a send off show even after all the years he did that show for T11.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Ahh, wisdom from days gone by. This definitely sheds more light on the situation. And shows how fresh I am at the scene. :lol:
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Eoghann wrote:Ahh, wisdom from days gone by. This definitely sheds more light on the situation. And shows how fresh I am at the scene. :lol:
Naw, You're not a newbie anymore. You graduated a while back.

@sinjin7 - It seems you always set the record straight. Ugh, do I want to waste my time and look up that tweet.
RussellSprouts
Mirror

Unread post by Mirror »

sprouts1115 wrote:Ugh, do I want to waste my time and look up that tweet.
You should probably just ignore it like I did :)
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

https://twitter.com/zachmonky

It seems you can't comment...
RussellSprouts
volantangel

Eoghann wrote:It's probably a publicity stunt. Are any of these guys known for their outbursts? Seems so out of the blue.
If so, ive only heard people dropping their pledges not increase it, kind of stupid aint it. This aint quite the celebrity scene where any publicity is good publicity..