Spirit Playing Cards By Gamblers Warehouse

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
CostlyAxis

Re: Spirit Playing Cards By Gamblers Warehouse Next Week on

Unread post by CostlyAxis »

rousselle wrote:So, of course, I kept refreshing my latest "Gamblers Warehouse" project to see when their new project went live, but instead, they opened it as a playingcards.net project. Argh!
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who fell for that. Although I got suspicious after about 30 seconds.

And for the project I decided to go a step further than I normally do and got a poker set. I'll get both versions of the deck that way anyhow.
Bikefanatic wrote:I believe the $16 pledge is the EB to the $25 pledge. Also I thought there were going to be gilded decks.
Looks to be a stretch goal at $25,000.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

2 key theme is interesting, but it falls short. If you add 3 crowns, it makes it more interesting. Scroll down 6 pages. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popes
RussellSprouts
Bikefanatic
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

50 EB pledges really aren't that difficult, it's those 10 backer pledges that are. 8-)
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Spirit Playing Cards By Gamblers Warehouse Now live on K

Unread post by badpete69 »

These are live as you certainly already know but added banner on OP
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Haha i missed out on icons eb, but i got in on these ! $16 for a 2 deck pledge with one as a LE, you cant beat that !
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Gamblers Warehouse wrote:Guys we would really need your help in promoting this campaign as much as possible. We are trying to offer what backers really want a perfect deck of cards at a very reasonable price of $6/deck (unbranded version). We want to see this deck with full features including Mettalic inks on cards and tuck enhancements. We will not be setting up any requirements of buying a brick of unbranded to avail a limited version etc but we still hope you guys will understand that we need to cover costs and in the end make something out of it :) So i request you guys to fully support us in this campaign and make it a reality so we can offer the same in future projects as well... Release date 20th January...

Thanks
Eddie
Eoghann wrote:Not bad. So there's no catch? Sorry I'm so skeptical. There's typically some catch to balance things out.
Gamblers Warehouse wrote:There won't be any catch ;)
So I guess there was a catch after all; you had to get an early bird to get the $6 price. Not that I'm complaining, $9 is still a good price, just wanted to point out that the way it was said (written) it sounded (read) like the actual price would be $6.

- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

The way it sounded to me when I asked about shipping, I was expecting a $6 deck plus $3 shipping not a $3 deck with $3 shipping.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cbkimble wrote:The way it sounded to me when I asked about shipping, I was expecting a $6 deck plus $3 shipping not a $3 deck with $3 shipping.
Oh, right. It's the whole shipping thing. I expected all shipping to be separate, but I see now that it isn't.

So I guess it's $9 to ship a deck internationally ($6 plus the $3 for domestic). Which is probably reasonably accurate with the USPS' ever-rising rates, but quite sad when the deck is $6. Seeing shipping rates at 150% of the price of what I'm buying makes me want to reconsider this whole card collecting thing :(
- Tom

Check out my collection

Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

I think they were particularly generous with their EB offerings, 160 of the things is nothing to sneeze at. The uncut EB's are an outstanding value! Gamblers is definitely showing the love with this campaign. I feel the love anyway, and I appreciate it. :)
MagikFingerz wrote:So I guess it's $9 to ship a deck internationally ($6 plus the $3 for domestic). Which is probably reasonably accurate with the USPS' ever-rising rates, but quite sad when the deck is $6. Seeing shipping rates at 150% of the price of what I'm buying makes me want to reconsider this whole card collecting thing :(
That's the suck and downside of shipping one or two product at a time. Might I suggest one of the mail services? Could save you some cash in the long run and allow you to continue card collecting at the rate you want to collect. The downside is you'd have to wait a bit longer to get your product because naturally you would want things to accumulate before shipping out to you to save money. I think it would give you most control while saving on that big international shipping hit.

I wish there was a way we could get international rates down across the KS board. I feel like we're not all in it together when half of us are being tagged with that huge shipping cost. Not an easy problem to solve though and still maintain quality shipping for playing cards. :|
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Gamblers Warehouse »

@ Magic Fingers : The deck itself is $6 and the amount on top is for shipping.
EB deals were significantly lower and we offered around 50 of them so that atleast most f you guys grab those...
The start has been good lets see how soon we can make it to the funding goal... We will be releasing the gilded decks, one of a kind Signature Limited Edition Numbered Box Set, Custom Brick Box & then custom coin...
http://www.playingcards.net Best Store for the Finest and Widest Selection of Playing Cards
AceOfHearts

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

Shipping 12 decks from E site shadow masters = 31.84$
Shipping 12 decks from collectable site, lets say Allure deck = 25$
Shipping 12 decks from this Kickstarter campaign Included for USA but + 30$ more for Int. Something is wrong here or my math sux. Don't want to be rude, just me pointing out... Design and deck is wonderful.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

AceOfHearts wrote:Shipping 12 decks from E site shadow masters = 31.84$
Shipping 12 decks from collectable site, lets say Allure deck = 25$
Shipping 12 decks from this Kickstarter campaign Included for USA but + 30$ more for Int. Something is wrong here or my math sux. Don't want to be rude, just me pointing out... Design and deck is wonderful.
This has been discussed over and over, we (international backers) are paying for our own shipping + shipping for those lucky US backers. It doesn't matter how hard you try, have tried myself, but in the end, if you want it pay the double shipping, or wait until its release and buy then (risking not get it because it may sold out during the campaign).
Cbkimble

MagikFingerz wrote:So I guess it's $9 to ship a deck internationally ($6 plus the $3 for domestic). Which is probably reasonably accurate with the USPS' ever-rising rates, but quite sad when the deck is $6. Seeing shipping rates at 150% of the price of what I'm buying makes me want to reconsider this whole card collecting thing :(
I know for myself personally, I can't ship 1 deck internationally for less than $25 but I'd be willing to bulk ship for anyone for shipping only. I'd only be able to ship in 6 week intervals though.
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

International shipping has high risk as well because US Postal Service does not offer complete tracking services for several countries. Therefore any packages not received have to be resent...
http://www.playingcards.net Best Store for the Finest and Widest Selection of Playing Cards
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Which I'm sure is why some projects charge 'artificially high' for international shipping or just avoid it completely. It has a significant added risk to the project creator. Sucks for those that have to pay more because of it, but it is a reality. If I ever do a project I would just ship to US/Canada because of all this and just take the hate. :(
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Gamblers Warehouse wrote:International shipping has high risk as well because US Postal Service does not offer complete tracking services for several countries. Therefore any packages not received have to be resent...
Let me see if I understood. You charging higher value on KS because on KS there's a risk of the decks not being delivered and we have to pay for that risk + normal shipping + US shipping, but if I buy 12 decks from playingcards.net I'll only pay $25 for shipping, but as far as I can understand the risks are exactely the same, or buying in your site is safer than on KS??! (this is not actually a question, its me being ironic, please forgive)
Creators (you and all others) overcharge international backer on shipping, just admit it, but don't try to make excuses. Even with this new method that KS offers for int. shipping I'm still being charged the same, and the decks price keep rising....

Please do not take it too personal, its a pratice done by all, its up to us, international backers, to decide if we want to keep closing our eyes to this.

And a bottom note to SOME of those US backers, its amusing how comprehensive you are with this practices (always finding excuses for the creators), its almost touching...

And the most important note, congratulations on your successful launch, I backed this one ($24 for 2 decks shipped, was good enough for me).
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

So wait, I should supplement the additional costs and risks to get an item to you? :lol: FFS, get real.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

ecNate wrote:So wait, I should supplement the additional costs and risks to get an item to you? :lol: FFS, get real.
His point was that it costs $25 for international shipping through their website, while it costs $30 on top of domestic shipping on KS (for a brick). The shipping part is the same, ie same risk. Does that sound fair to you?
- Tom

Check out my collection

Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Comparing website to KS isn't fair at all. You pay 10 percent fee to KS and website is under company's own control so have to cover all aspects...
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Cbkimble wrote: I know for myself personally, I can't ship 1 deck internationally for less than $25

Damn. What are you guys using? DHL? :lol:

I ship decks internationally all the time via USPS and the average is about $14 for 1-2 decks.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Eoghann wrote:
Cbkimble wrote: I know for myself personally, I can't ship 1 deck internationally for less than $25

I ship decks internationally all the time via USPS and the average is about $14 for 1-2 decks.
Well, the minimum for Priority International Mail (formerly IPA or International Priority Air) as $23.50 and that's the Small Flat Rate box, limited to six decks (and 2kg or roughly 4.4 pounds). The problem is that it is the same for 1 deck as it is for 6.

Going "First class" you can get under $15 for 1 to 3 decks, but if you add tracking (not even certain that you can any more) you are looking at $17. The major advantage with Priority is the 200# (rating for the heavy cardboard) virtually crush-proof box. Properly packed it is virtually bullet-proof.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Ahh well that's on you fancy folk then. I always ship the most affordable way but never skimp on protection. :lol:
Cbkimble

Eoghann wrote:

Does that include insurance and tracking?
AceOfHearts

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

Mike Ratledge wrote:
Eoghann wrote:

Well, the minimum for Priority International Mail (formerly IPA or International Priority Air) as $23.50 and that's the Small Flat Rate box, limited to six decks (and 2kg or roughly 4.4 pounds). The problem is that it is the same for 1 deck as it is for 6.

Going "First class" you can get under $15 for 1 to 3 decks, but if you add tracking (not even certain that you can any more) you are looking at $17. The major advantage with Priority is the 200# (rating for the heavy cardboard) virtually crush-proof box. Properly packed it is virtually bullet-proof.
It's strange how Hopc and Collectable offers 12 decks Priority for ~25$...
Hopc 26.75$
Collectable 23.95$
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

You can get 12 decks (and more) into a priority mail flat rate bubble envelope which ships for the same cost as the small flat rate box. The issue is that deck protection is lessened.
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Gamblers Warehouse wrote:Comparing website to KS isn't fair at all. You pay 10 percent fee to KS and website is under company's own control so have to cover all aspects...
10% is $3. Where's the rest of the difference? Admit it, you're just charging more.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

DelMagic wrote:You can get 12 decks (and more) into a priority mail flat rate bubble envelope which ships for the same cost as the small flat rate box. The issue is that deck protection is lessened.
I'll be checking into that. Do you think one of those Uline.com indestructible boxes would work in a bubble envelope? I thought it had to ¾ of an inch or less?
RussellSprouts
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Thank You guys!! Spirit got funded tonight... We still have 3 more weeks for this project to end. We have already planned really cool stretch goals. The first one being the gilded spirit decks.100 of each color to be produced. We will keep 12 each for our store and sell 88 gold & 88 silver...
We will announce a day and time for the release once we hit $25k.
decibelhz

Unread post by decibelhz »

Eoghann wrote:

Aren't there additional costs that we're not considering here such as someone's time to get the orders together and pack them into the boxes and getting the paperwork in order for hundreds of orders? That's probably not free unless you have lots of unemployed friends. I agree that international shipping prices are high and I hate them. I buy quite a few things from overseas and it's usually in the $20-$30 range and I've closed many a shopping carts because of it but I also understand that someone's time is also valuable and should count for something so if I really want it, I'll eat it and hit the pay button.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Gamblers Warehouse wrote:Thank You guys!! Spirit got funded tonight... We still have 3 more weeks for this project to end. We have already planned really cool stretch goals. The first one being the gilded spirit decks.100 of each color to be produced. We will keep 12 each for our store and sell 88 gold & 88 silver...
We will announce a day and time for the release once we hit $25k.
I want those gilded decks. On a side note, when will the pre ordered Red Grid 2.0 will be released?
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586