Heroes live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Heroes live on KS

Unread post by badpete69 »

Short post as I am in my car
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Heroes live on KS

Unread post by ecNate »

Love the theme and simply amazing sketches, but the problem is that's all they are. Sketches thrown onto cards. It doesn't look finished, I prefer when they are brought into digital editor, cleaned up and worked into the card. Good luck, but I'll have to pass.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

Off his Kickstarter: http://m-heroes.com/lod.htm Looks like he is making some new Magic the Gathering game mixed in with some Dungeons & Dragons character classes....

I'm confused who is doing the project?
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-12-17 17.31.56.png
Screenshot 2014-12-17 17.31.56.png (29.17 KiB) Viewed 1947 times
RussellSprouts
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

sprouts1115 wrote:I'm confused who is doing the project?
I'm sure he's just using a friend as a 'sponsor' since I don't believe projects are allowed to be formally run through Kickstarter from Russia.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

badpete69 wrote:Short post as I am in my car
Don't tell me you're actually posting stuff while driving...? :shock:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

MagikFingerz wrote:
badpete69 wrote:Short post as I am in my car
Don't tell me you're actually posting stuff while driving...? :shock:
Yes and i hold the steering wheel in my mouth..... hehehe Nah was in car waiting for my kids to come out of school.. linking pics is a pain on a smartphone
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

ecNate wrote:
sprouts1115 wrote:I'm confused who is doing the project?
I'm sure he's just using a friend as a 'sponsor' since I don't believe projects are allowed to be formally run through Kickstarter from Russia.
Hi - my name is Mike and i SEO Company "Market of Heroes " yes - i undrestand your issue.
Anna is producer of our company - and i don`t see any problems in that - if my friend could help me.
For now we are solve the problem about country - but i think it all will be ok.
Write your suggestions i will be glad - you respond to them
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Privyet, Mike, and welcome aboard!

I realize that your first language is not English, but if you're patient and take the advice and thoughts that you read here as being well intentioned, you may find some useful ideas for making your deck more appealing to the playing card enthusiasts who tend to back projects like yours.

Best of success to you! Удачи!
This space intentionally left blank.
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

About ideas - we are working on this - but if you give me some advise - i`ll be glad)
you can find me here - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004136830611" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i would be glad to talk with each other.
nECr0MaNCeD
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

I really like the art but alarm bells are ringing loudly for me on this one. The creator has never backed a project and the funding goal is low. $7000 for the cards and a LOT of addons/fluff items. Even if these aren't USPCC I am afraid she has miscalculated shipping. Alien Ink was enough burn to last me a lifetime. Pass for me.
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

"I really like the art but alarm bells are ringing loudly for me on this one. The creator has never backed a project and the funding goal is low. $7000 for the cards and a LOT of addons/fluff items. Even if these aren't USPCC I am afraid she has miscalculated shipping. Alien Ink was enough burn to last me a lifetime. Pass for me."

Believe we will do all to make our project successful - I will add my money to shipping - only to everyone happy, very important to me - to trust me - because we are preparing another series, and more yet .... I see that people like our pictures - and I am pleased - to see it - for this reason - I will do everything - so you got your reward - no problem.
HudsonDesign
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by HudsonDesign »

I was going to back it but it says the hope it will be printed by the USPCC.

If they don't know where its even going to be printed yet I'm concerned about everything else being organized. It might be the OCD in me but I like all my ducks lined up before I do anything. I can't back someone who is not organized enough to know who is even printing it prior to launch.

Shame, it is pretty. And that's usually enough for me to at least get one for the self. :(
nECr0MaNCeD
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

Mike wrote:"I really like the art but alarm bells are ringing loudly for me on this one. The creator has never backed a project and the funding goal is low. $7000 for the cards and a LOT of addons/fluff items. Even if these aren't USPCC I am afraid she has miscalculated shipping. Alien Ink was enough burn to last me a lifetime. Pass for me."

Believe we will do all to make our project successful - I will add my money to shipping - only to everyone happy, very important to me - to trust me - because we are preparing another series, and more yet .... I see that people like our pictures - and I am pleased - to see it - for this reason - I will do everything - so you got your reward - no problem.

I don't doubt your intentions, honesty or sincerity, just the planning. Even using EPCC or LPCC for the cards, $7,000 is not going to leave you much, if anything for shipping. Once you include the many other items it looks like a sure thing that you will fall short. There have been many others that had the best intentions but poor planning that have left backers waiting months and over a year and some never shipped at all.

The art is great. My suggestion is to cancel this project and do some more research. Ask here. There are plenty of folks here with the knowledge, experience and willingness to help. Either way I wish you the best of luck.
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
HudsonDesign
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

nECr0MaNCeD is spot on. I have intentionally set a high goal with the Perspective deck to be Uber safe and have free decks as options for giving away free as stretch goals as that way I can reward backers and can afford to do so. I spent months contacting all three major printers and others. I even had discussions with a company about purchasing equipment to print here in Australia. Then the same with fulfillment companies.

I found that even at $15,000 printing two decks would possibly not leave much if any money left after fulfillment. (something that Rose also found with her Science Deck, and that was only one, but printed with USPCC so it was a premium already, her advice helped me to really look at the numbers, something i'm a little OCD about) I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the USPCC (even if they do lower their minimum to 1000 decks which I read somewhere was possibly happening) would not even print you the two decks at 1000 each for $7000. My initial quote from them for one deck was between $7000-$8000 USD (was minimum 2500 decks) so two (if even possible at a lower quantity now) would be at least that amount as well.

On top of that Lawrence Sullivan let me know as of January 1st LPCC would be increasing their prices as well.

So here, with 2 decks, dice, 2 different coins, t-shirts.......

I can't see $7000 being anywhere near enough. Twice that would still be short IMHO.

To big a risk for me, especially as I said, coins and dice not designed, quoted or costed. Deck printer not quoted, costed or locked in. I think if this breaks its funding level and doesn't go much past it, you could be in real trouble financially to manage to fulfill this.
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

I don`t see any problems to print in LPCC - we write that sum, that we need.
HudsonDesign
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Sorry I was working of you printing with USPCC as that's what it says your trying to do on the KS page.

I would love to see the quotes you have received though from all the production and fulfillment companies that you are using if that's the "sum you need" to be able to cover the cost of the project. Because if you are able to print 2 decks and get all the T shirts, Dice, coins etc made then ship them all out for $7000, I must be overpaying on my quotes.
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

We have our own printing house, where we can print all these products - some of the things - coins and chips - are still in development
you do not understand - we are doing this project - to attract and motivate people, and not stupidly earn $ 500 on the difference relations, - I see that people like our arts - so we are going to do a sequel.
only cards we want to print under the famous brand
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

@Mike - I took a second look at your cards. Your video is under 2 mins and I see Anna is a member of your team. https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/p ... 4_high.mp4 Sex sells I guess.

I noticed your new back of card. Can't say that I like it. It's "1-way" and has big bold text. It's kind of a basic mistake.
Screenshot 2015-01-01 00.34.18.png
Screenshot 2015-01-01 00.34.18.png (418.01 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
What really concerns me are the corner badges and border. Your indices are much further inside the card. Yes, your deck is an art deck, but now your cards are less functional. How many less cards can you get in your hand now?
Screenshot 2015-01-01 00.22.21.png
Screenshot 2015-01-01 00.22.21.png (23.43 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
On your dark side, I don't know what to make of this. What suit is it?
Screenshot 2015-01-01 00.22.50.png
Screenshot 2015-01-01 00.22.50.png (14.25 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
YOu got a lot of red flags Mike. I would not touch your project with a 10 foot pole and you seem kind of deceptive, but of course that's only my opinion. You can anyways prove me wrong.
RussellSprouts
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

sprouts1115 wrote:I see Anna is a member of your team. https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/p ... 4_high.mp4 Sex sells I guess.
Seriously sprouts, that's coming off as quite sexist. I'm fairly certain it has much more to do with her being the only one in the US, also listed as 'producer' for the company, and there is nothing provocative about that video. :roll: Although I can understand your assumption since we haven't seen her here at all and seems at the moment to just be a figure head.

sprouts1115 wrote:I noticed your new back of card. Can't say that I like it. It's "1-way" and has big bold text. It's kind of a basic mistake.
Somewhat agree with this, but while it's not the worst 'mistake' it has the potential to be a fairly easy fix.

sprouts1115 wrote:What really concerns me are the corner badges and border. Your indices are much further inside the card. Yes, your deck is an art deck, but now your cards are less functional. How many less cards can you get in your hand now?

Being an art deck perhaps not as critical, but this does limit the audience who might buy and could be fixed, although it might be tricky to do so without impacting the 'art' side.

sprouts1115 wrote:On your dark side, I don't know what to make of this. What suit is it?
Even for an art deck this should be considered to be corrected.
sprouts1115 wrote:YOu got a lot of red flags Mike. I would not touch your project with a 10 foot pole and you seem kind of deceptive, but of course that's only my opinion. You can anyways prove me wrong.
It could be much of the apparent deception has more to do with novice in Kickstarter and more likely 2nd language problems, but no way of knowing.

My hang up is still the artwork as it was placed on the cards. They are great sketches, but I don't care for art that is just pencil sketches. The rework on the back helped with some of that, as would possibly coloring, but to me it all still just looks too hand made. It gives off the feeling of unfinished. Still great, but just not my style and since this is more unique I'm guessing many others will feel the same and drag down the potential for funding. Making progress though! I'll be watching and reconsider later.
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

ecNate wrote:
sprouts1115 wrote:I see Anna is a member of your team. https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/p ... 4_high.mp4 Sex sells I guess.
Seriously sprouts, that's coming off as quite sexist. I'm fairly certain it has much more to do with her being the only one in the US, also listed as 'producer' for the company, and there is nothing provocative about that video. :roll: Although I can understand your assumption since we haven't seen her here at all and seems at the moment to just be a figure head.
Yup, it's pretty much not necessary but then it made it through my sprouts filter the first time...

I had a look at this KS and there are far too many warning flags for me to want to back.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

@Strag - I didn't know I have a sprouts filter. Interesting! Do you happen to know when Sprouts Mating Season is over with?

Language barrier or not, His deck is a less functional deck now...
RussellSprouts
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

I may be the only one, but i'm not really a huge fan of having black and white faces in one deck, it would be much better if the one deck had white faces and the other black faces instead of mixing them up like that.

And what happened to the back design? It went from a decent 1 way back design to not so good 1 way back design, the original was much better imo.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

@Mike - Looks like you proved me wrong and you are a Kickstarter staff pick. You have improved your video. You are now in it. YOu changed the indices, but your old ones are still in the video. That's ok nobody will spot that.

It seems like your cards and chips are all being make in house? No mention of a manufacture. Your art is fine,but I can't wait to see the reviews of the quality of your deck. I like a deck with one card having boobs. :o :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Screenshot 2015-01-13 21.17.16.png
Screenshot 2015-01-13 21.17.16.png (391.55 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
RussellSprouts
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Update today, looking better from what I can see. I was interested at first, but didn't care for the early unfinished look. They have kept improving things though, I think this might be a winner depending on actual details.

jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Heroes Archangel Live

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but they are live on Kickstarter with another Heroes deck.

Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32