Explore Playing Cards - KS Active

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
th4mo
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Explore Playing Cards - KS Active

Unread post by th4mo »

Keep it Sizzlin'!
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Explore Playing Cards - KS Active

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I hope it relaunches. I liked the concept and the simpli-city (pun intended).
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

I like it too - but I think there is an awful lot of people out there saying "What about... London/LA/Stokholm/Rome/Athens/Etc/Etc"

Mind you it opens a up a world (ba dum bum) of follow up decks...
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

They're going to have to do something about the price if the ever get funded.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

I just discovered this one on KS and was sad to see I missed it, but since it didn't fund I'm hoping it will be tried again with lower cost/goal.

Although, based on this update almost 2 months ago and the website and facebook haven't changed I'm not so confident.
Hi backers,

I just want to send a quick end-of-campaign update. I can't say enough thank you-s to everyone who has supported and pledged during the campaign. Your support means a lot to me... Well, as you know, the project funding is unsuccessful but that's not the end for EXPLORE, as mentioned on the previous update.

I'm working to get EXPLORE relaunched, be it through Kickstarter or some other means. The only thing I can promise now is that something is in progress. Details are to be confirmed.

I'll be setting up a mailing list on Cardazine's website within the next week. If you want to keep in touch and stay updated with any future activities of EXPLORE's, signing up to the mailing list will be a great way of doing it. The other, would be to follow our Facebook page.

That's it for now!

-Harris
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

He needs to study the pricing on decks that have successfully funded on KS. It's really hard to get masses of pledgers when your deck starts at 15 bucks and up, especially with the finery coming out on KS these days- mighty fine decks out there for 10-12 bucks shipped.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

I ran across this again and decided to ask about progress on a relaunch. Heard back today that it's in re-development and plans a re-launch soon. Hopefully lower prices for those concerned about that, but I didn't ask.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Relaunched, please update OP.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/28 ... ay-imagine

I JUST missed out on those really sweet EBs, grrr. The prices are reasonable, just note they are in AU$, EB is under $10 US$ and regular just over $12 with shipping to US.

MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I liked this the first time, and I still do, but there are also still room for improvement.

Two-way back design this time, but it's sadly made one-way by the corner elements. Also the simple frame around the nice detailed centerpiece seems quite lazy.

The tuck not being colored is also a let-down for me, it would look a lot better with the more vibrant colors that are characteristic for the rest of the deck IMO.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Rose
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Rose »

I like this deck, had trouble finding it under "product design" in KS
MagikFingerz wrote: The tuck not being colored is also a let-down for me, it would look a lot better with the more vibrant colors that are characteristic for the rest of the deck IMO.
I really liked the original tuck box better with more color.
Overall still a very cool deck.
StanKindLee
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by StanKindLee »

The creator needs to put the words "playing cards" somewhere on the project page (beside in an image), so that the project actually shows up in a KS search for the term "playing cards".
-- $tanley
Flame Fractal deck - http://freakiebeat.com/index.php/flame- ... -in-spades" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Animation of the Flame Fractal deck - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Kq0BA8w9w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rose
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Rose »

StanKindLee wrote:The creator needs to put the words "playing cards" somewhere on the project page (beside in an image), so that the project actually shows up in a KS search for the term "playing cards".
Yes, exactly!
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Rose wrote:
StanKindLee wrote:The creator needs to put the words "playing cards" somewhere on the project page (beside in an image), so that the project actually shows up in a KS search for the term "playing cards".
Yes, exactly!

Agree, that's exactly what I posted on PCF and on the project's comments page earlier. I LOVE this deck though and I think I'll end up with an uncut as well, despite being out of even future wall space... :(

EDIT - I also fully agree with the tuck/back needs more color again which I also listed as a comment. I just really hope it makes it this time around.
venomatic

Unread post by venomatic »

charming deck!
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

Finally, these have relaunched. Quite sad about the change in the color of the tuck though.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

MagikFingerz wrote:I liked this the first time, and I still do, but there are also still room for improvement.

Two-way back design this time, but it's sadly made one-way by the corner elements. Also the simple frame around the nice detailed centerpiece seems quite lazy.

The tuck not being colored is also a let-down for me, it would look a lot better with the more vibrant colors that are characteristic for the rest of the deck IMO.
Have to agree with you, but this deck is basically an art deck. "1-way" courts and pips with a "1-way" back. He can do what ever he wants because it's an art deck. It would look lot better if the back was "2-way". If you think about it when you're playing with his cards in your opponents hand you're going to see a bunch of "upside-down" hearts and diamonds. That's going to look bad. The quick fix would be to use his circle elements in his original back. Maybe he could make them slightly bigger and make them look like little earths. That would look cool and it goes with his theme. Now if he made the little earths have some color it would look even better.

Does he talk on the forums? He seems to listen. I like his Jokers; Very simple and minimalistic, but I don't think he knows the red Joker is dominate.
RussellSprouts
cardazine

Unread post by cardazine »

Thanks for all your comments. My apologies, I have been a lurker in the forum without replying. I have added the word "playing cards" to the project title to help with search results.

On the back design front, we have just released a vote http://www.cardazine.com/vote to determine direction of the back design. A follow up vote will be released after finalising the back design to ensure colour theme remains consistent across the deck.

If you haven't already, visit our Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/cardazine) and Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/cardazine) to preview individual card artworks.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

EB single deck pledge opening up in 3...2...1...

I'll be moving to the uncut/deck package instead of add on simply to make my life easier for survey time and as a tip. If somebody wants the single EB be on the lookout in the next 15 min.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

ecNate wrote:EB single deck pledge opening up in 3...2...1...

I'll be moving to the uncut/deck package instead of add on simply to make my life easier for survey time and as a tip. If somebody wants the single EB be on the lookout in the next 15 min.
Thanks! Just nabbed it :) This isn't really my style of deck but the artwork is great so $9.80 is worth it to me.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

If the cards/pictures were two-way I would've jumped.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Pixel Initiative
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by Pixel Initiative »

I've just backed this one. I love it but I am suuuuper disappointed about the Tuck Box change. It is so much better with the colour, What can we do to get you to revert? Would you not be interested in providing a survey to possibly change to this older version. I'm sure you will find overwhelming majority would rather have the colour. It celebrates the beautiful cards you have made so much more closely.

I am really passionate about this deck so I feel the need to twist your arm, but of course its your choice....
Stacey Jay Kelly

Kickstarter Fishing For COmpliments Playing Card Deck. New Launch, limited print run.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My site:
http://www.pixelinitiative.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pixel Initiative
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by Pixel Initiative »

Hi, also, is there any reason why you have not listed these under the playing card category on Kickstarter, doesn't this limit your chances of specific playing card collectors finding you when they filter for playing cards? These are actually filtered under product design...

I would not of found your deck if it were not for UC as I am not in the habbit of filtering games in general... Hmmm.
Stacey Jay Kelly

Kickstarter Fishing For COmpliments Playing Card Deck. New Launch, limited print run.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My site:
http://www.pixelinitiative.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Pixel Initiative wrote:Hi, also, is there any reason why you have not listed these under the playing card category on Kickstarter, doesn't this limit your chances of specific playing card collectors finding you when they filter for playing cards? These are actually filtered under product design...

I would not of found your deck if it were not for UC as I am not in the habbit of filtering games in general... Hmmm.
Nice catch Pixel. You're becoming a little shark. Now you are giving advice. I have the agree with you. It's probably best to be in "Playing Cards"
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-12-29 18.39.05.png
Screenshot 2014-12-29 18.39.05.png (9.32 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
RussellSprouts
cardazine

Unread post by cardazine »

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that Explore campaign on Kickstarter is finishing in 4 days. If you haven't already, visit the project page https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/28 ... ay-imagine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Since last posted, the back design has been updated to two way; and tuck case colours have been re-introduced.

Thanks to everyone who's backed the project!

Harris
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Received my uncut and deck today. The uncut came in a nice cardboard tube with styrofoam to protect the deck inside, which was great, but the ends of the tube were just crimped and left the inside exposed. Luckily my delivery person placed nicely in the door and other than minor dings on the edge of the uncut they were largely OK. It was tricky to get out of the tube though and I could see potential for issues with those tube ends during delivery, but hopefully all will be OK.

I LOVE this theme and can't wait to get it on the wall. Such a simple design, but it works.

Added to PCDB
https://playingcarddb.com/dbdeck?id=3056
https://playingcarddb.com/dbdeck?id=3057

sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Interesting art deck. Noticed it kind of hard to read the Spades and Clubs.
RussellSprouts