Scarlett Tally-Ho - Kings Wild Project

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Cbkimble
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Scarlett Tally-Ho - Kings Wild Project (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I think he took them out as they opened up. He lost 4 or 5 backers in the last 24 hours.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: Scarlett Tally-Ho - Kings Wild Project

Unread post by Marcus »

All were snagged up during the very last minute. No wonder, this was a highly limited run and it's Jackson.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.
Cbkimble

He had 491-493 backers yesterday. He ended with 489.
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

Someone on FB asked why he has X number of backers when there were only less than X slots. It's because people can back the project but choose no reward, most likely to get project updates. So, he may not have been actively removing the slots. There might have many more backers than slots to begin with.
Cbkimble

He didn't have the $1 option and I saw with my own eyes that A1 had 134 slots yesterday and now only has 133.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Whats the point of removing tiers ? To make it look more sold out ?

Whatever happened i think its a non-issue, its just one or two tiers that went a little wonky right ?
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 15

Unread post by rjtomlinson1977 »

For Titanic I had the numbers set up a specific way due to the numbers that lived and died. I had to adjust numbers when people wanted to add-on something that wasn't available as a pledge tier.
Barclay Mountains Co.
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

Received my shipping notice today for these.
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

DelMagic wrote:Received my shipping notice today for these.
Same here, can't wait :)
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

PlayingCardz wrote: Same here, can't wait :)
Just out of curiosity, did you get the notification from Jackson or from JP Playing Cards?
The UK and EU orders were supposed to be shipped by JP Playing cards!
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

sms69x wrote:
PlayingCardz wrote: Same here, can't wait :)
Just out of curiosity, did you get the notification from Jackson or from JP Playing Cards?
The UK and EU orders were supposed to be shipped by JP Playing cards!
From Shipstation, so I think that was from Jackson.
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
Gu357

Unread post by Gu357 »

Hi,

I would love to know if the deck will be available at any online store (http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/http://kings-wild-project.myshopify.com//..)?

-E-
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Gu357 wrote:Hi,

I would love to know if the deck will be available at any online store (http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/http://kings-wild-project.myshopify.com//..)?

-E-
We will have a few, but when I mean a few, I mean a few !
ccralleo

Unread post by ccralleo »

Anyone have any of these decks fore sale PLEASE let me know. I have every deck Jackson has ever made except these ones!!! I want em all! :D
ryansworld4
Decks Owned: 133

Unread post by ryansworld4 »

Yes me as well, I missed out on these, I would love to add one of these decks to my collection
SpecialK

Unread post by SpecialK »

Got my gilded in!

ImageUntitled

Slightly annoyed that they're not consecutive numbers. Oh well.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

K, if you want to trade your out-of-sequence numbered decks for my in-sequence numbered decks, I'll be more than happy to trade. Of course, mine aren't gilded, and yours are, but really, what's a little gilding between friends?

PS: I cracked open a display deck (I haven't done so yet with one of my "collectors" decks, but I believe I will, soon), and... wow. These are the best metallic inks I've seen on a USPCC deck, and Jackson's design puts them to amazingly good effect. I wish I could capture just how radiant these are in the light, and how they totally change (especially the backs) when you move them under the light. I love the effect.

And the courts! I didn't notice at first that there were two different metallic gold colors on the courts, but they make for a very captivating appearance.

Here's a tip of the proverbial cap to Jackson for an excellent design, an excellent finished product, and delivering on time, as promised. Well done, sir.
This space intentionally left blank.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Is it just me that I see no type of metallic inks anywhere or are they in the gilded version? The scarlet red on the courts really do pop but I see no shininess on them or the backs.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
SpecialK

Will have to open a display deck later tonight. I got a few extra to actually play with - very excited about that. Will see if I can take a pics as well.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

:lol: pretty sure I forgot to add on a display deck. We'll see once the package comes in.
Anyone got an extra display deck they can hook me up with just in case? We can trade stuff. :)
ccralleo

Unread post by ccralleo »

Houston... I have a problem... I NEED a Scarlett tally-Ho Legacy Edition!!!!
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Dan I might have an extra display deck. But because I have the legacy edition my stuff has not quite shipped yet
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Thank you for the offer PR. We'll keep in touch. ;)
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Bikefanatic wrote:Is it just me that I see no type of metallic inks anywhere or are they in the gilded version? The scarlet red on the courts really do pop but I see no shininess on them or the backs.
I did not order the gilded versions, and I see plenty of shiny. It's not the same shiny you'd expect from foil, but it's still shiny. YMMV, I guess.
This space intentionally left blank.
th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

rousselle wrote:K, if you want to trade your out-of-sequence numbered decks for my in-sequence numbered decks, I'll be more than happy to trade. Of course, mine aren't gilded, and yours are, but really, what's a little gilding between friends?

PS: I cracked open a display deck (I haven't done so yet with one of my "collectors" decks, but I believe I will, soon), and... wow. These are the best metallic inks I've seen on a USPCC deck, and Jackson's design puts them to amazingly good effect. I wish I could capture just how radiant these are in the light, and how they totally change (especially the backs) when you move them under the light. I love the effect.

And the courts! I didn't notice at first that there were two different metallic gold colors on the courts, but they make for a very captivating appearance.

Here's a tip of the proverbial cap to Jackson for an excellent design, an excellent finished product, and delivering on time, as promised. Well done, sir.
rousselle wrote:I did not order the gilded versions, and I see plenty of shiny. It's not the same shiny you'd expect from foil, but it's still shiny.
I see it too, and I concur with all of the above. Beautiful work, as we all knew it would be from Jackson.

I was slightly perturbed by the out of sequence numbering as well, though i freely admit that there is no actual reason to be. :lol:
The only reason I can think of that this would happen is that USPCC must shove all the decks into the boxes out of order as well? That must be a real pain in the ass for the people receiving the decks. If I had placed the order myself, and paid extra for numbered decks, I would expect them to arrive bundled in order. And... I guess I would be wrong..??? :? :lol:
Keep it Sizzlin'!
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

I had griped in a different thread about receiving some numbered decks that weren't in sequence (grates on my OCD and in other fields sequential numbers increases value), in fact I don't recall ever receiving sequential decks unless it was specifically offered, but long story short the project manager said exactly that. They're received out of order from USPCC, probably due to however they're grabbed off the line and put into bricks / gross.

Really looking forward to my Scarletts, and I wonder how much the first Legacy edition is going to go for on the secondary market?
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
White Whale: Hermes 2 Deck Set
Decks Owned: 78623

Unread post by JacksonRobinson »

I'd figure I'd chime in here about the numbers. It's pretty much impossible to promise or to deliver sequential numbers to every backer, and if I can't be 100% sure I can deliver to every backer than its a no go. Because I have the custom numbered seals USPCC can print numbered seals so I have to outsource them and then send them in for USPCC to hand apply the seals. Because they are hand applied you would be surprised how many decks are lost and tossed. On top of that the decks come to me jumbled completely out of order. With the missing decks there will eventually be a backer who gets a broken number strain. I can totally understand how it may bug people but there is really no flip side that I have enough faith in at this point to be able to promise dealing out sequential numbers, thats why I never promise or advert it in my projects.
SpecialK

No worries Jackson - I wouldn't expect them to come sequentially unless you promised it, or I paid extra for it. That said, I'm still slightly annoyed :D

Side note - we should list #s so we can trade and get sequential decks!! All in all, gorgeous cards.
th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

JacksonRobinson wrote:I'd figure I'd chime in here about the numbers. It's pretty much impossible to promise or to deliver sequential numbers to every backer, and if I can't be 100% sure I can deliver to every backer than its a no go. Because I have the custom numbered seals USPCC can print numbered seals so I have to outsource them and then send them in for USPCC to hand apply the seals. Because they are hand applied you would be surprised how many decks are lost and tossed. On top of that the decks come to me jumbled completely out of order. With the missing decks there will eventually be a backer who gets a broken number strain. I can totally understand how it may bug people but there is really no flip side that I have enough faith in at this point to be able to promise dealing out sequential numbers, thats why I never promise or advert it in my projects.

There's really no reason that I can see for this to be an issue, but isn't it weird how people (myself included) still take notice of it... :lol:

Thanks for the explanation Jackson, and beautiful cards yet again! :D
Keep it Sizzlin'!
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
White Whale: Hermes 2 Deck Set
Decks Owned: 78623

Unread post by JacksonRobinson »

I'm really trying not to be a jerk and or dbag in any way, but could we move all the talk about the obviously ridiculous and stupid ebay auctions to another thread? I don't care if they are doing it, just would rather it not muddle up legit convo about the deck. Thanks guys. I would rather not give them any more traffic. LOL I should start selling on ebay! ><