Bicycle Redcore Live on KS by Collectable

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
AceOfHearts
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 50

Bicycle Redcore Live on KS by Collectable

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

An almost hypnotizing Bicycle Deck by Collectable Playing Cards
A limited run of not more than 4000 decks.
At first glance I like them, especially the back design, reminds me of the meridian. But court cards look too monochrome for my taste. And I think the final product won't look exactly as that, maybe darker..
And the int shipping. On their site 25$ for a brick int., on KS page free domestic and still you have to pay 35$ for shipping outside USA for brick, this is unacceptable.

jerichoholic
Player: Yes
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Re: Bicycle Redcore Live on KS by Collectable

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Ah you beat me to posting this.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

At least it should fund and ship quickly, but....

sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

There is nothing wrong with this deck. Even with the black mass in the corner of the back of card looks good in the fan. No mistakes that I see...
RussellSprouts
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

sprouts1115 wrote:There is nothing wrong with this deck. Even with the black mass in the corner of the back of card looks good in the fan. No mistakes that I see...
Not my cup of tea but I can see how some would like it for sure.
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

For some reason the phrase, "Open the pod bay doors please, Hal." Is all that comes to mind. Looks like a standard deck art was used but just the outline then HAL plopped in the center of each card.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

chach wrote:For some reason the phrase, "Open the pod bay doors please, Hal." Is all that comes to mind. Looks like a standard deck art was used but just the outline then HAL plopped in the center of each card.
Yeah, people really should refrain from evoking the image of Hal.

<Pause for crickets chirping...>

That said, I think that they may be extrapolating from the cool circular effect we saw recently with decks like the Encarded Signature Decks and GW's Occults. Seems to me that it works okay here, too, without being too derivative. I'm going to star this one for now, but will likely end up pledging for a couple. I'm generally backing off on black decks, but this might make the cut.
This space intentionally left blank.
th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

rousselle wrote:
chach wrote:For some reason the phrase, "Open the pod bay doors please, Hal." Is all that comes to mind. Looks like a standard deck art was used but just the outline then HAL plopped in the center of each card.
Yeah, people really should refrain from evoking the image of Hal.

That said, I think that they may be extrapolating from the cool circular effect we saw recently with decks like the Encarded Signature Decks and GW's Occults. Seems to me that it works okay here, too, without being too derivative. I'm going to star this one for now, but will likely end up pledging for a couple. I'm generally backing off on black decks, but this might make the cut.
I suppose you would like this one, Rouselle... ;) but this does absolutely nothing for me but make me scratch my head... :? wtf? :lol:
Keep it Sizzlin'!
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Bicycle Redcore Live on KS by Collectable (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I'm quickly losing interest in alternate color decks, especially black. Its just too difficult to read them so they end up being just shelf decks.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
wahl0108
Decks Owned: 121

Unread post by wahl0108 »

I wish it were easier to differentiate between the courts because the indices blend in and I'm not really feeling the jokers. Perhaps they should have one that's just the core, no eye, and the other the core exploding or something.
Romans VIII.XXXVII-XXXIX

ISO:
Boss Deck
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

wahl0108 wrote:I wish it were easier to differentiate between the courts because the indices blend in and I'm not really feeling the jokers. Perhaps they should have one that's just the core, no eye, and the other the core exploding or something.
I agree with you.
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
Strag
White Whale: None

Unread post by Strag »

AceOfHearts wrote: And the int shipping. On their site 25$ for a brick int., on KS page free domestic and still you have to pay 35$ for shipping outside USA for brick, this is unacceptable.
More attention should be paid to this! Absolutely disgusting, CPC goes on the ever-growing list of scumbag sellers who get none of my business. It's just pure and simple money grab of International backers.
ashe

Unread post by ashe »

it's an 'interesting' concept of a deck this one... feels like they just put a red dot in the middle of all cards. LOL
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

One of the things I find most interesting about CPC's kickstarter campaigns is they're rarely for the whole needed to produce the deck. Often just a fraction of the cost. While on one hand it can be seen as, hey cool they're going to make this no matter what. On the other hand it' can be seen as, Even if this does poorly reflecting no one wants it they're producing it.

Wouldn't a full cost KS success or failure reflect a more clear demand for the deck, showing if they should refine a deck more or it's good to go as is? I wonder if this deck in particular will cross the $10,000 marker. They haven't done that with any of their designs lately, even though there has been a few two deck campaigns. The last CPC designed deck to break 10k was the starlight campaign which offered two other decks as add-ons. Sure maybe Essence does it, it's again two decks though.

Maybe it's just me, but most of the decks they're campaigning don't seem to warrant the premium price. This deck included. If it was an 808 offering at $8 bucks I wouldn't pick it up, but I find myself with an EB for $9 because it's a step in the right direction, away from left field. Been questioning my decision to support the deck. :|
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
Strag
White Whale: None

Unread post by Strag »

Fes wrote:One of the things I find most interesting about CPC's kickstarter campaigns is they're rarely for the whole needed to produce the deck. Often just a fraction of the cost. While on one hand it can be seen as, hey cool they're going to make this no matter what. On the other hand it' can be seen as, Even if this does poorly reflecting no one wants it they're producing it.

Wouldn't a full cost KS success or failure reflect a more clear demand for the deck, showing if they should refine a deck more or it's good to go as is? I wonder if this deck in particular will cross the $10,000 marker. They haven't done that with any of their designs lately, even though there has been a few two deck campaigns. The last CPC designed deck to break 10k was the starlight campaign which offered two other decks as add-ons. Sure maybe Essence does it, it's again two decks though.

Maybe it's just me, but most of the decks they're campaigning don't seem to warrant the premium price. This deck included. If it was an 808 offering at $8 bucks I wouldn't pick it up, but I find myself with an EB for $9 because it's a step in the right direction, away from left field. Been questioning my decision to support the deck. :|
Yup you seem to hit the nail on the head. Most companies pre-Kickstarter were selling "standard" decks in the $5-6 price range. Post KS the stnadard prcicing has risen from $10 to $12 and in some cases more. Basically CPC is getting a crap load of pre-orders which they sell to mostly fund the deck, and then going forward have decks at cost which they can then sell on through their store, creating an in-house brand. Because they have the capital, they don't need to fund the full amount. Most KS fund an amount equal to a 2500 deck run, but in now way do they actually sell 2500 decks DURING the KS... the remaining inventorythen becomes "proift" (obviously minus overheads, running costs and shipping).

I understand the CPC model and don't have an issue with it, I just don't happen to like most of their designs. I own perhaps 3-4 decks of CPC.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

rousselle wrote: Yeah, people really should refrain from evoking the image of Hal.

Maybe it's more like this?
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-12-03 17.16.18.png
Screenshot 2014-12-03 17.16.18.png (383.61 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
RussellSprouts
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

These are now available from the Collectable PLaying Cards website

http://www.collectableplayingcards.com/ ... 47666.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com