UUSI Classic! 6th deck

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
markjanderson
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: UUSI Classic! 6th deck - Now Live on KS

Unread post by markjanderson »

I think somebody else asked that in the comments section, but Uusi replied back saying that they wouldn't be able to do that since their own stock was too low.
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

vasta41 wrote:Since this is my 1st UUsi campaign, does anyone know if he usually lets you add on any of his other decks at the end?
Usually not since they don't use backerkit. They do have some decks available on their website, but most of their stuff is sold out and you'll have to seek them out on the secondary market.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
bamabenz

Unread post by bamabenz »

They did offer ONE collector's box that included all their past decks.
It was taken about 5 seconds after the campaign went live.

/bama
'Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you; if you don't bet you can't win.'
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

bamabenz wrote:They did offer ONE collector's box that included all their past decks.

/bama
I saw that it was taken, and then I saw it available again a few minutes later, as if someone switched tiers. Or maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me... :?
bamabenz

Sher wrote:
bamabenz wrote:They did offer ONE collector's box that included all their past decks.

/bama
I saw that it was taken, and then I saw it available again a few minutes later, as if someone switched tiers. Or maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me... :?
I think it was your eyes, as I was on the campaign page for over an hour reading and pledging, reading and pledging and never saw it come-up as available again.

/bama
'Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you; if you don't bet you can't win.'
Sher

Unread post by Sher »

Ah, probably. I was aiming for the cypress brick box and clicked on the friends of the family tier thinking that was the wooden brick box, but did a double take when I noticed the price. Lol.

Congrats on getting that Blue Blood Gilded deck, btw. Look at it this way - the friends of the family box is available for sale on the Uusi website (albeit more expensive and minus the decks), and you can locate the other decks from various resellers, but there is only one Blue Blood Gilded deck.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

Yea your eyes were playing tricks on you. I was there like Bama for a couple hours, including hitting refresh just in case. Didn't spring free at all, someone has a death grip on it and who can blame them? I check it several times a day, and when I get up in the middle of the night too. Intentionally drink too much water before bed, so I'm sure to wake to go check. :lol:
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
bamabenz

The framed classic uncut is still available. I bought the framed pagan uncut; if I hadn't I would have pledged for this one. The frame is really a work of art. Numbered 1/1 on the back. Its on the wall overlooking my dining/card room.

On the wall over my desk is a self-framed Blue Blood uncut. I lucked out and found it on eBay this January.

I admit that I am a bit Uusi crazy. But at least I diversify...the rest of my walls have Fed 52 uncuts.

My wife is very understanding.

/bama
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

bamabenz wrote:The framed classic uncut is still available. I bought the framed pagan uncut; if I hadn't I would have pledged for this one. The frame is really a work of art. Numbered 1/1 on the back. Its on the wall overlooking my dining/card room.

On the wall over my desk is a self-framed Blue Blood uncut. I lucked out and found it on eBay this January.

I admit that I am a bit Uusi crazy. But at least I diversify...the rest of my walls have Fed 52 uncuts.

/bama
Hehe that makes 2 of us that have a blue blood uncut 8-)
UtterFool

Unread post by UtterFool »

volantangel wrote:
bamabenz wrote:The framed classic uncut is still available. I bought the framed pagan uncut; if I hadn't I would have pledged for this one. The frame is really a work of art. Numbered 1/1 on the back. Its on the wall overlooking my dining/card room.

/bama
Hehe that makes 2 of us that have a blue blood uncut 8-)
Make that three.
I have uncuts of each deck but not every variant.
For some reason I didn't pick up the royal optik red or the hot cakes pink.
Probably a budget issue at the time. Who can remember
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

/bama
Wow very nice. I'm going to make a play for another room to display some uncuts, since I am currently restricted to my office. Waiting for the perfect timing. I've got a plan. :twisted:
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
Sher

Unread post by Sher »

Apologies for no warning, but I dropped my Cypress Brick Box pledge, so it's now up for grabs!
snsdmonkey

Unread post by snsdmonkey »

For once I have been rewarded for staying up late for no reason! :D
SpecialK

Unread post by SpecialK »

Man...they added a new tier!! Missed it. Now will be watching like a hawk.
Sher

Unread post by Sher »

I wish they'd announce the release time first, so everyone gets a fair shot at the tier. I've already pledged for a Gilded deck, so missing the two deck container wasn't such a bummer, but this is the second time I've woken up to an Uusi update and freaked out a bit for a moment cuz they released a limited item while I was asleep (first time were the Gilded pagan decks, which thankfully I was able to nab). It's not the timing of the release, but the way it's sort of out of the blue. If it had been announced, at least I'd know to stay up.
Pixel Initiative
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by Pixel Initiative »

This is a really nice deck, great work.
Stacey Jay Kelly

Kickstarter Fishing For COmpliments Playing Card Deck. New Launch, limited print run.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My site:
http://www.pixelinitiative.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ashe

Unread post by ashe »

Sher wrote:I wish they'd announce the release time first, so everyone gets a fair shot at the tier. I've already pledged for a Gilded deck, so missing the two deck container wasn't such a bummer, but this is the second time I've woken up to an Uusi update and freaked out a bit for a moment cuz they released a limited item while I was asleep (first time were the Gilded pagan decks, which thankfully I was able to nab). It's not the timing of the release, but the way it's sort of out of the blue. If it had been announced, at least I'd know to stay up.
i 2nd this
runit

Unread post by runit »

I'm really into the Classic Gilded set. The way that these would be made and the materials that would be used as gild would be very much worth every penny.

I would be unhesistantly and willing to pay for these because I really like it, and not because I am afraid to miss out.

It is just that I missed out too. Wish they would've made more slots to the Gilded Set tier.
bamabenz

ashe wrote:
Sher wrote:I wish they'd announce the release time first, so everyone gets a fair shot at the tier. I've already pledged for a Gilded deck, so missing the two deck container wasn't such a bummer, but this is the second time I've woken up to an Uusi update and freaked out a bit for a moment cuz they released a limited item while I was asleep (first time were the Gilded pagan decks, which thankfully I was able to nab). It's not the timing of the release, but the way it's sort of out of the blue. If it had been announced, at least I'd know to stay up.
i 2nd this
Tell me about it. 7AM Sunday morning pacific time -- yikes!

I think Uusi is unique in that they craft their own special items. Peter Dunham is hand-gilding the decks and hand-crafting the wood pieces. Most of the wood pieces are available on their site, albeit at higher prices.

I chose to be in denial. This won't be their last card campaign. Just keep repeating that. This won't be their last card campaign. This won't be their last card campaign. There's no place like home.

/bama
snsdmonkey

Unread post by snsdmonkey »

bamabenz wrote:
ashe wrote:
i 2nd this
Tell me about it. 7AM Sunday morning pacific time -- yikes!

/bama
I like this actually. It doesn't just cater for American backers but everyone around the world. I'm sure any future releases by Uusi in this campaign will be just as random so everyone has a chance.
Sher

Unread post by Sher »

I don't think random releases mean that everyone has a chance. I think it limits people's chances because only the people who are awake at the time of the release have a chance.

And even if release dates are only convenient for people in a specific time zone, at least everyone else is aware and can choose whether or not to wait for that release time (convenient or not). Most release times are inconvenient for me, but I don't mind as long as I know when it is.
volantangel

Sadly the last time i checked with them, they insisted that this would be their last PLAYING CARD project, but it seems like they just might do something else in a similar genre, no prizes for guessing !
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

volantangel wrote:Sadly the last time i checked with them, they insisted that this would be their last PLAYING CARD project
I don't know about that, the very end of their video for the Uusi Classic deck makes me think this might not be the end (or maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part). The only thing I know for sure is that the Classic is the end of their 6 deck series. As they mentioned before, making this series was very time consuming and its no wonder that they may want to take a break from custom playing cards.

My hope is that after going back to their actual day jobs, that some day in the future they get the itch again and find inspiration to put out another series of custom playing cards. My collection is growing past 1,500 decks, and Uusi is among the select few designers that are at the top of my collection. In my humble opinion, nobody executes better fully custom court cards than Peter and Linnea. And certainly no one runs a tighter KS campaign with as much class and grace as Uusi. I sincerely hope that the Uusi Classic deck is simply the end of a chapter, but not the end of the book.
volantangel

sinjin7 wrote:
volantangel wrote:Sadly the last time i checked with them, they insisted that this would be their last PLAYING CARD project
I don't know about that, the very end of their video for the Uusi Classic deck makes me think this might not be the end (or maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part). The only thing I know for sure is that the Classic is the end of their 6 deck series. As they mentioned before, making this series was very time consuming and its no wonder that they may want to take a break from custom playing cards.

My hope is that after going back to their actual day jobs, that some day in the future they get the itch again and find inspiration to put out another series of custom playing cards. My collection is growing past 1,500 decks, and Uusi is among the select few designers that are at the top of my collection. In my humble opinion, nobody executes better fully custom court cards than Peter and Linnea. And certainly no one runs a tighter KS campaign with as much class and grace as Uusi. I sincerely hope that the Uusi Classic deck is simply the end of a chapter, but not the end of the book.
I am with you brother, i hope that there would never be an end to the UUSI decks!
UtterFool

I agree that it will be sad to see them exit the card design "scene".
But they had a plan and seem to be sticking with it.
They have given us 6 unique decks that still somehow are tied together.
I would love to see them do more , but at the same time I don't want them to do additional decks just for the sake of doing additional decks.

Not to say that they would put out forced work if they did continue doing decks.
These two ... three? have a well rounded art and design company. I don't believe they are depending on card decks for their income so their designs don't have to be forced and won't stagnate.

This is one of the things I feel may be happening to Jackson a bit recently. He built his career up around playing cards. He now has to produce at a certain level to maintain. Not to say he isn't putting out good works still. It just doesn't feel like it has the same risk or impact that his earlier stuff did.

Any way
To sum up.

I would be happy either way if Uusi continues to make decks or not. I wish them the best
UtterFool

I got one of the classics with the two gilded decks.
So I am dropping my silver gilded deck now if anyone wants to pick it up
SuicideKing

Unread post by SuicideKing »

I missed "The classic" second chance... even if I can't go any faster! But I jumped on a gilded gold! :)
SpecialK

Unread post by SpecialK »

I managed to snag a classic. I plan on dropping a 2 deck cypress box. If anyone wants, let me know - otherwise will drop around 4 central.
runit

Unread post by runit »

If anyone, by chance, wanted to drop The Classic Set, please do PM me and we can work something out. Can't believe it was gone in an instant.
bom26970

Unread post by bom26970 »

If anyone wants to drop The Classic or the gold gilded deck please let me know, willing to pay extra