Impressions Playing Cards - MPC (live on KS)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Cbkimble
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 363

Impressions Playing Cards - MPC (live on KS)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

MPC has created a new deck of playing cards using a new raised deck technology. These look pretty nice, IMO, and with only a $5000 CAD goal, I don't see it having a problem funding.

Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Re: Impressions Playing Cards - MPC (live on KS)

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I'm impressed with these decks, I'm in for a Standard one. A uncut sheet of the Court deck would look great.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

Half Mixed Brick. Free Worldwide Shipping. About $57 USD shipped overseas for 6 decks, delivered in November. Have to support this. The cards look interesting and playable. Win all around.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Cool, interesting concept! Glad to see MPC stepping up their game.
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

Went for the Ultimate tier. I'm planning on making another account to pledge for another brick. I hope these will not disappoint.
StanKindLee
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by StanKindLee »

The numbers just don't add up... frankly, I as a potential domestic buyer in no way wants to supplement the shipping fees of International buyers.

I do kinda like the decks - I might jump on the 3 + uncut for $45... if I were International I definitely would (and hope I get the decks/uncut since I'm still questioning the ability to deliver).
-- $tanley
Flame Fractal deck - http://freakiebeat.com/index.php/flame- ... -in-spades" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Animation of the Flame Fractal deck - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Kq0BA8w9w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

Interesting, and i havent clicked on it to check the details but I can't see them being a long lasting deck. I'd think with the ink raised that much it would end up chipping, cracking or wearing off. I just can't see it standing up to a few hundred riffle shuffles. Unless did they emboss the cards in which case, wouldn't you be able to tell what it is from the back? Also, how thick will the deck be? I have a braille deck that's nearly twice the thickness of a regular deck and it has standard height braille indices.

Again, interesting idea and I like the design but I just don't know about it.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
ddorn

Unread post by ddorn »

Totally unique concept. In for 1 of each.

They show these are already in production, so no long waits is good!

They did say something about playability in the write-up, so they are at least thinking about it. I can see the decks being a bit thick, as well. Would need to consider adding a custom card clip to the campaign, I'd think.
nECr0MaNCeD
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

StanKindLee wrote:The numbers just don't add up... frankly, I as a potential domestic buyer in no way wants to supplement the shipping fees of International buyers.

I do kinda like the decks - I might jump on the 3 + uncut for $45... if I were International I definitely would (and hope I get the decks/uncut since I'm still questioning the ability to deliver).

If they are being printed in China, wouldn't shipping be higher to the US than the EU and Asia?
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
StanKindLee
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Printed in China does not mean shipped from China. I got my decks produced in China, but I fulfilled my KS campaign from the US. Plus, if they were being shipped from the Asia, EU, etc., shipping free to the US would kill 'em cost wise since the largest KS audience is in the US.
-- $tanley
Flame Fractal deck - http://freakiebeat.com/index.php/flame- ... -in-spades" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Animation of the Flame Fractal deck - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Kq0BA8w9w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

StanKindLee wrote:Printed in China does not mean shipped from China. I got my decks produced in China, but I fulfilled my KS campaign from the US. Plus, if they were being shipped from the Asia, EU, etc., shipping free to the US would kill 'em cost wise since the largest KS audience is in the US.
What is probably happening is that there will be two different fulfillment centers, one in hk (where the cards are printed) and one in the US. Whilst the hk fulfillment center might have a higher per shipment cost esp for the EU, there isnt the sea freight cost, so there is something for them to work with. Plus being the actual supplier, their cost is much lower than a contact printing, so they have even more leeway to do this.

Im definitely in, jsut need to study what exactly do i want !
StanKindLee
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

volantangel wrote:What is probably happening is that there will be two different fulfillment centers, one in hk (where the cards are printed) and one in the US.
Now this makes since, and makes free shipping globally doable.
-- $tanley
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

StanKindLee wrote:
volantangel wrote:What is probably happening is that there will be two different fulfillment centers, one in hk (where the cards are printed) and one in the US.
Now this makes since, and makes free shipping globally doable.
Well.. Let's just say I've done research, and you might see this coming on CL soon, whilst not "free" shipping, pretty sure we can get reduced shipping rates
StanKindLee
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Yeah - "free" is a marketing term which has nothing to do with reality... the postman is getting paid & it is the buyer's money doing the paying.

The project is already funded, and me thinks it will get a bunch more pledges before it ends... it obviously is pushing the right buttons. I'll jump in before it ends, but since the tier I'm interested in is not limited, no need to commit now.
-- $tanley
nECr0MaNCeD
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

StanKindLee wrote:Yeah - "free" is a marketing term which has nothing to do with reality...
Very true. My Grandfather told me once that free means you haven't gotten the bill yet.
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
Maddest Hammer
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Maddest Hammer »

A better line might be "shipping is built into the price" But that doesn't sound as good as free, not to mention there would probably be a reverse of all the international customers complaining about shipping, by which the domestic customers would complain about having to pay a higher price, to ensure shipping is covered to the farthest reaches of the earth.
As it is the actual company printing these, and not a customer they are trying to rake over the coals (USPCC and their "external tuck provider"), then they probably don't want a huge margin per deck.
will kidnap and torture your boss for a dollar...
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

chach wrote:Also, how thick will the deck be? I have a braille deck that's nearly twice the thickness of a regular deck and it has standard height braille indices.

Again, interesting idea and I like the design but I just don't know about it.
I thought the same thing. My display cases (http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=5255" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) only fit a regular-sized deck. And If I buy these, I want to be able to display them. Either way, I LOVE the innovation on this deck!
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

As already mentioned, I don't have very high expectations for how this deck will handle, nor expect the deck to be durable enough for actual extended use without chipping or wearing down. This is basically a novelty deck suitable primarily for just collectability purposes. I never thought I would ever pay $13.00 per deck for a Chinese produced MPC deck, but the raised printing tech is intriguing and I wonder if they will be able to maintain sufficient quality control to insure the printing will align perfectly under the raised portions of the card.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

So I always get confused by this and I'm sorry to bring it up here if this isn't the right spot but for whatever reason, I like the Stealth and Court decks the best but there's no pledge option for those two. So I pledged for the Court deck but if I "add-on" $13 more, how do I specify that I want the Stealth deck? Do I do that after the campagin when I fill out the bakerits or whatever?
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

I'm sure you'll be able to specify in the survey and/or backerkit. A lot of projects do that post funding.
Cbkimble

vasta41 wrote:So I always get confused by this and I'm sorry to bring it up here if this isn't the right spot but for whatever reason, I like the Stealth and Court decks the best but there's no pledge option for those two. So I pledged for the Court deck but if I "add-on" $13 more, how do I specify that I want the Stealth deck? Do I do that after the campagin when I fill out the bakerits or whatever?
What I like to do is. Once I pledge, I click on the project from my backer history and at the bottom I click on add note. That way you can keep up with what your add-ons without messaging the project creator every time. That is, of course, unless the creator specifies to contact for a LE.

To answer your question Vasta, you'll be able to specify what you added after the project successfully funds. Whether that be KS survey, backerkit, or pledge manager.
SpecialK

Unread post by SpecialK »

Really liking these - in for mixed brick. Even if novelty and not playable, cool enough to give out to friends and family.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Cbkimble wrote:
vasta41 wrote:So I always get confused by this and I'm sorry to bring it up here if this isn't the right spot but for whatever reason, I like the Stealth and Court decks the best but there's no pledge option for those two. So I pledged for the Court deck but if I "add-on" $13 more, how do I specify that I want the Stealth deck? Do I do that after the campagin when I fill out the bakerits or whatever?
What I like to do is. Once I pledge, I click on the project from my backer history and at the bottom I click on add note. That way you can keep up with what your add-ons without messaging the project creator every time. That is, of course, unless the creator specifies to contact for a LE.

To answer your question Vasta, you'll be able to specify what you added after the project successfully funds. Whether that be KS survey, backerkit, or pledge manager.
Will do. Thanks for the advice- I think I'll do that from now on!
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

If this deck isn't that playable, it'll still be enjoyable to hold and browse through the cards. I wonder how the uncuts will be delivered.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Cbkimble

Bikefanatic wrote:If this deck isn't that playable, it'll still be enjoyable to hold and browse through the cards. I wonder how the uncuts will be delivered.
I ordered all 3 uncuts on the first campaign and they we're all shipped in the same tube.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

New stretch goal: Phantom Ed. Deck (posted from KS update)-
We're 20 days into the project and with 20 days to go. It's a coincidence that it is today that we are going to release a new deck here. We've received many requests for a new stretch goal which we have seriously been working around the clock to achieve. So without further delay, we present to you the all new Impressions Phantom Edition by MPC playing cards. (The tuck box is being produced as we speak but we wanted to release this ASAP. When I get the sample in my hands, I will take a photo and post an update again.)
Why the Phantom Edition? Well since we have made a black colored deck, the logical way to go is to make a white colored deck next. We printed many samples with different shades of white/cream to find one that stands out most. The final edition looks amazing and we think it's a brilliant addition to our impressions range. We're making the Phantom deck available as an add-on for $13. Uncut sheets for the Phantom Edition are a limited edition and will not be released again. Below are some photos.
nesuferit

Unread post by nesuferit »

At this point a new pledge level including the new deck & uncut is desirable IMO.
Cbkimble

nesuferit wrote:At this point a new pledge level including the new deck & uncut is desirable IMO.
I agree. From what was said in the comments, they're looking at more tiers including the new deck and uncut.
nesuferit

Unread post by nesuferit »

New pledge level open including 3 decks of each type and 4 uncuts.
KS iPhone app does not update the pledge levels, at least in my case having pledged already I had to go through manage pledge butttom....
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

volantangel wrote:
StanKindLee wrote:Printed in China does not mean shipped from China. I got my decks produced in China, but I fulfilled my KS campaign from the US. Plus, if they were being shipped from the Asia, EU, etc., shipping free to the US would kill 'em cost wise since the largest KS audience is in the US.
What is probably happening is that there will be two different fulfillment centers, one in hk (where the cards are printed) and one in the US. Whilst the hk fulfillment center might have a higher per shipment cost esp for the EU, there isnt the sea freight cost, so there is something for them to work with. Plus being the actual supplier, their cost is much lower than a contact printing, so they have even more leeway to do this.

Im definitely in, jsut need to study what exactly do i want !
Actually, they do even one better: they ship direct from Hong Kong, California and Vancouver (I think - might be other, but in Canada), so basically all three are on an equal footing or close enough. Originally the "North American" office was in Canada, but now it's in Riverside CA as I recall, but they still have offices in Canada also. I'm sure they still eat a bit of the freight overseas, but it's surely a whole lot closer than anyone can do from the postal service here.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.