Gnostic Playing cards by LPCC

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Godzillian

Re: Gnostic Playing cards by LPCC

Unread post by Godzillian »

Here's the CARC links to the decks...

Red
Blue
Black/Gold
All 3 Bundle

$13.75 per deck, or $39 for all 3. For EPCC decks, wtf man, wtf. These are way too expensive for standard courts + pips. The tuckbox might be worth it, I don't know yet. I haven't seen this IRL yet, so we'll see if these are worth the moola.
chach
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

Godzillian wrote:Here's the CARC links to the decks...

Red
Blue
Black/Gold
All 3 Bundle

$13.75 per deck, or $39 for all 3. For EPCC decks, wtf man, wtf.

Cool. Thanks for looking out.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Godzillian

I should also mention that in the description, the Red decks are numbered out of 1000.
Conjuring Arts wrote: The complete set at a discount and postpaid in the US!

The new and elaborate Gnostic deck features an elegant motif designed with the mystery performer in mind. The design is both classical and mystical and features many built in secrets.

Featuring one of the most elaborate boxes of all time with an extravagant display of foil throughout the inside of the box, in addition to the creative and eye opening use of metallic inks. Only a very few of each color were produced and we are very pleased to offer the only US supply.

This convenient and discounted collection features all three colors: Black/Gold, Blue, and the EXCLUSIVE Red edition (each deck is numbered out of 1000)!
Can anyone confirm if the Red decks are limited to 1000, or if CARC's just making it seem more limited than it really is?
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

Why are they so cryptic about showing the art? I emailed Legends to about posting some more pictures, but didn't receive a reply. Just seeing the Ace of Spades and a Joker isn't enough.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

TGunitedcardists wrote:Why are they so cryptic about showing the art? I emailed Legends to about posting some more pictures, but didn't receive a reply. Just seeing the Ace of Spades and a Joker isn't enough.

More often than not, because the courts are standard with a basic color swap. I think it was in one of their websites that the reason for standard courts was for magic purposes or something like that. Don't remember the exact wording.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Did anyone buy through StuartPalm? I ordered last week before going on vacation and have not seen a shipping confirmation or anything
decibelhz
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by decibelhz »

I ordered the duo pack from Legends and even though the shipping was from Hong Kong I received my decks yesterday which was surprising as it was in transit for less than a week. I really like this deck overall. The tuck looks great and is of a really solid heavy stock. The cards themselves feel really great too.
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Since you have the deck in hand, does it come with standard courts and pips or are they custom? Actually, I don't even know why I'm asking, these are way over-priced and I won't contribute to this ridiculous pricing of decks made in Taiwan/China that are supposed to be less expensive to make.
bamabenz

Unread post by bamabenz »

badpete69 wrote:Did anyone buy through StuartPalm? I ordered last week before going on vacation and have not seen a shipping confirmation or anything
Notice left yesterday, picked-up them up at the post office this morning.
'Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you; if you don't bet you can't win.'
bamabenz

Unread post by bamabenz »

sinjin7 wrote:Since you have the deck in hand, does it come with standard courts and pips or are they custom? Actually, I don't even know why I'm asking, these are way over-priced and I won't contribute to this ridiculous pricing of decks made in Taiwan/China that are supposed to be less expensive to make.
Almost standard courts. Some of the faces of the courts have been changed. The jokers are custom, as is the AoS.

The backs of the blue deck are nice. Lousy cut job on mine, very unbalanced. Not really acceptable on a deck that costs $13.50 a deck.
The backs of the orange deck are sort of drab. A disappointment.
The blue tuck is also drab, but the orange tuck really shines. Both tucks have foil on the inside. Its nice. And they have been made with the heaviest paper. Solid.

/bama
'Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you; if you don't bet you can't win.'
decibelhz

Unread post by decibelhz »

I took some photos. the first 4 pics were taken with an iPhone. the last 4 pics of the tuck were taken with a wayyyyy more expensive professional camera so the pics look a billion times better. The gold tuck is very, very nice in my opinion.I haven't opened the blue deck.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10534349 ... maTDv8WjGg
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Thanks for the pics! I agree that tuck is stunning. I like the jokers and the ace, but it's sad to see the rest of the deck not get that wonderful treatment. But as he said it's intended for magic hence the standard courts. I'm not a magician so I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.
Kdklown

Unread post by Kdklown »

Eoghann wrote:I'm not a magician so I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.
While I don't consider myself a magician, I do dabble, A Lot. The general consensus is that decks that magicians use should be easily identifiable to the layperson. You would not want to to have your participant trying to decipher what card they are looking at and/or fawning over some excellent artwork thus "burning" your moves during a necessary sleight. Hope this sheds a little light on the matter.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Definitely does, thanks a lot for the clarification. Definitely makes sense. :)
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

decibelhz wrote:I took some photos. the first 4 pics were taken with an iPhone. the last 4 pics of the tuck were taken with a wayyyyy more expensive professional camera so the pics look a billion times better. The gold tuck is very, very nice in my opinion.I haven't opened the blue deck.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10534349 ... maTDv8WjGg
I like the jokers and like the tuck case, but the King of Spades and Jack of Hearts make it at insta-non buy for me. Different strokes. Thanks.
Godzillian

Gnostic Trilogy is out on Conjuring Arts

$38.99 + shipping for all 3, $13.75 + shipping each.
badpete69

Unread post by badpete69 »

Just needed the red deck so picked up one
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

No brick deals, pass.
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

badpete69 wrote:Just needed the red deck so picked up one
Yep, these got caught up in the dock strike in LA and delayed several weeks. $13.75 is reasonable for the Limited Edition red Gnostic. Why can't everyone else sell for that price?

Add shipping, call it $15. . No complaints. I got a split brick of blue and gold from Lawrence about a month ago, so I grabbed a half dozen to round them out. Less than $90 with shipping. Nothing terribly special about the deck itself, very nice twin foiled tucks that are almost too nice for a standard deck.

This goes back to my argument about collecting old Bike decks' you get an Ace of Spades, Joker(s) maybe and a back that is different - and maybe the tuck box, that is all. The rest of the cards in almost every case can't be told from any other deck except by looking at the back. That's why I have gone more into the European countries, they just made better and different decks. Nobody can day a Dondorf deck is "standaed" because - for the most part - they didn't make any. There are a very few, but compare the 1920's Piatnik, Dondorf and Grimaud decks to ours. There's no contest.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

In for a set of three.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

I jumped the gun and bought the first two when they became available. Doh.

But I have to complete the set right. Added a silver bike to ease the shipping sting a little (but not much lol)
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Gnostic Playing cards by LPCC (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

Pair of reds and a brick of silver bikes for me.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

I like these decks but just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on them. So much better stuff going on (Mana) and coming up (Black Venexiana) I just didn't see the value. Very nice tucks, the rest just comes up short. Beauty lies in the eyes, and all that.
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

CARC has these listed now.

http://conjuringarts.org/2014/07/coming ... stic-trio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Godzillian

DelMagic wrote:CARC has these listed now.

http://conjuringarts.org/2014/07/coming ... stic-trio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Already beat you to it bud XP your link has more info though.
Godzillian wrote:Gnostic Trilogy is out on Conjuring Arts

$38.99 + shipping for all 3, $13.75 + shipping each.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Widdee wrote:I like these decks but just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on them. So much better stuff going on (Mana) and coming up (Black Venexiana) I just didn't see the value. Very nice tucks, the rest just comes up short. Beauty lies in the eyes, and all that.
I agree with you, these just didn't cut it. I noticed the changes in a few court faces but it needs more than that.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Widdee wrote:I like these decks but just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on them. So much better stuff going on (Mana) and coming up (Black Venexiana) I just didn't see the value. Very nice tucks, the rest just comes up short. Beauty lies in the eyes, and all that.
Same here. If the tuck makes up more than 50% of the selling points of a deck, I just don't bother because I know I'll regret the purchase the moment I get them and take them out of the box.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
StuartPalm
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by StuartPalm »

Also available at http://www.stuartpalm.com/shop2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Enjoy!
StuartPalm
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by StuartPalm »

This is funny to read this thread for the first time. Just a note on all the questions about pricing. First, I don’t think legends is a “cheaper” printing options but I do think it’s higher quality than anywhere else I’ve looked. But the decision to go with them was because Lawrence is a friend and I live in HK. As for the comment that they aren’t a fully customised deck, as they are readers each card is individually designed, and there are a lot of little secrets in there. I made this deck first for myself so the focus wasn’t sales. The focus was to have a deck that I could give to client and to regularly perform with that did what I wanted it to do for my work. We printed a limited number, I think a thousand of each colour. at this point they are very rare. I have a brick and a half of the gold left and my own supply of the blue as I use those more often. But I only have two red decks myself even.

Some day I might do a second edition of this more focused on sale and if I do that I’ll look at pricing it differently.

I hope all of you who did find this deck have enjoyed it. I still have some of the first ones I opened and they have stayed in good shape so I’m pretty happy about it’s longevity.

New projects coming soon!
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

StuartPalm wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:20 pm I hope all of you who did find this deck have enjoyed it. I still have some of the first ones I opened and they have stayed in good shape so I’m pretty happy about it’s longevity.

New projects coming soon!
Still have bricks of them. Some of my all time favorites. :)
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.