Mana - Platinum/Gold/"Sybil" - SHIPPING

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Mana - Platinum/Gold/"Sybil" EPCC Now Live (KS)

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Eoghann wrote:We're a fickle bunch.

I still don't see the logic behind "it's ok he has a $20 limited because he is also offering an unlimited version". The way things look, people could care less for the Sybil.
I was indifferent with the Sybil deck until he upgraded the tuck, now I'm pretty excited about it. I think having a more cost effective unlimited version in conjunction with a limited version makes a huge difference. If the price of the limited is too high, or the numbers produced too low, than at least you still have a shot at getting a deck with the unlimited version (provided they're priced reasonably).

The cost of the limited Reserve decks are $20 CAD, or $18.32 USD, but that includes shipping. So if we take the King$ Wild model for shipping, it's $14.32 + $4.00 shipping. In comparison, Brendan's Hive deck is $22.00 ($18.00 + $4.00 shipping), plus obviously no chance for Early Birds and no significant discount for buying in quantity. So while the limited Mana Reserve decks are not cheap, at least they're not outrageously priced like we've seen with the stuff on Deck$tarter or King$Wild Funded.
ddorn

Unread post by ddorn »

I've never bought a brick (still new to collecting). I have a hard time justifying a whole dozen decks just to pick up a limited. Granted, the limited Gold is quite attractive. I need to think about it for a bit...

FYI, there are still a few left of the Brick option.
Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

I really, like really really, like the Gold design - it only puts me 'over' all these limited editions even more.... if these were unlimited (and reasonably priced) I'd be interested in more than one brick....
sinjin7 wrote:I was indifferent with the Sybil deck until he upgraded the tuck, now I'm pretty excited about it. I think having a more cost effective unlimited version in conjunction with a limited version makes a huge difference. If the price of the limited is too high, or the numbers produced too low, than at least you still have a shot at getting a deck with the unlimited version (provided they're priced reasonably).
I guess Sybil=Livida. In which case I completely agree - until the tuck change I was completely "I suppose I'll get one or two", but that nice tuck has made a huge difference. I guess that makes me a good Theory11 customer :-)

That said, I'm a little concerned how much the actual Livida product will look like those mockups. (... and how good the EPCC output will actually be - despite all the hype/promotion I've seen here, I still haven't compared one favourably with a USPCC deck...)
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

sinjin7 wrote:
Eoghann wrote:We're a fickle bunch.

I still don't see the logic behind "it's ok he has a $20 limited because he is also offering an unlimited version". The way things look, people could care less for the Sybil.
I was indifferent with the Sybil deck until he upgraded the tuck, now I'm pretty excited about it. I think having a more cost effective unlimited version in conjunction with a limited version makes a huge difference. If the price of the limited is too high, or the numbers produced too low, than at least you still have a shot at getting a deck with the unlimited version (provided they're priced reasonably).

The cost of the limited Reserve decks are $20 CAD, or $18.32 USD, but that includes shipping. So if we take the King$ Wild model for shipping, it's $14.32 + $4.00 shipping. In comparison, Brendan's Hive deck is $22.00 ($18.00 + $4.00 shipping), plus obviously no chance for Early Birds and no significant discount for buying in quantity. So while the limited Mana Reserve decks are not cheap, at least they're not outrageously priced like we've seen with the stuff on Deck$tarter or King$Wild Funded.
To be honest, this is the first time I've _really_ seen someone pass along the cost savings for having them made by Expert PCC. Even the Gnostics that were made by Legends are pricey, frankly. I can't say anything about making money, but then again, I work on a 5% margin and anyone knows that's razor thin.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Mike Ratledge wrote: I can't say anything about making money, but then again, I work on a 5% margin and anyone knows that's razor thin.
That's not what margin means and in any case, it may be a struggle.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Strag wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote: I can't say anything about making money, but then again, I work on a 5% margin and anyone knows that's razor thin.
That's not what margin means and in any case, it may be a struggle.
Speaking in layman's terms so everybody else understands, Chris. It's a 5% fee, not profit, perfectly aware.
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
SuicideKing

Unread post by SuicideKing »

I just jumped on a RS3! So happy I have to tell everyone...! :D :D :D
Wilko
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by Wilko »

Joe going back and checking. I've pledged but haven't got both the platinum & gold ltd decks. That's what I'd like to get in on!
Just saw there was a pledge level that was available for 1 set, went in, changed my pledge but I'd didn't complete. Someone else must of got in on it just before me!!
I'll keep checking back. Hopefully I'll be able to snag a set before it's done.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

There will be 100 sets funded in a separate campaign starting on the 8th.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Wilko
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by Wilko »

Mike, is that right? There is going to be 100 sets released on 8th September?
Hope so.
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon

Unread post by chach »

Wilko wrote:Mike, is that right? There is going to be 100 sets released on 8th September?
Hope so.
IIRC It will be a separate campaign for the Signature Series Set. One each of the 3 decks signed and numbered w/ a certificate or something like that. It was in one of the updates a while back. Releasing in a separate campaign so as to avoid the clusterduck that occurs when trying to keep track of everything when releasing a limited edition during an ongoing campaign. E.G. Fed 52 Black reserve decks and more recently Golden Spike decks.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
StanKindLee
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Mana - Platinum/Gold/"Sybil" EPCC Now Live (KS) (wap)

Unread post by StanKindLee »

This project has moved very little since the limited edition decks were all grabbed up. If it weren't for the buy a brick & get a limited deck free, I'm not sure this project would be moving any further forward at all.
-- $tanley
Flame Fractal deck - http://freakiebeat.com/index.php/flame- ... -in-spades" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Animation of the Flame Fractal deck - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Kq0BA8w9w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mana - Platinum/Gold/"Sybil" EPCC Now Live (KS) (wap)

StanKindLee wrote:This project has moved very little since the limited edition decks were all grabbed up. If it weren't for the buy a brick & get a limited deck free, I'm not sure this project would be moving any further forward at all.
Yep, I agree. Erik and I talked about doing some artist-signed LE decks, but he has been consumed trying to fix where some idiot has taken almost 30 pairs of the reserve decks - one person with more than 17 accounts - he has found so far. It's not been publicly announced, but that's up to Erik how he handles it. My suggestion was to announce when they would be added back to that one available tiers (if he adds them) but be aware that they would go like chum in a slick on a shark tank. Even 30 pairs would be a good thing, even if he has to go refund those transactions, which there is no easy way to do on KS nor can you just ask an admin-level person to help - they don't respond.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

SpecialK

Unread post by SpecialK »

What's the issue with someone getting 30 pairs? Crowd funded, all pairs spoken for. Wouldn't really create momentum would it? 30 pairs re-released and spoken for again...momentum gone?
StanKindLee
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by StanKindLee »

Kinda explains how ALL of the EB limited pairs of decks were gone in less than 30 seconds... not only do they have multiple accounts, they have learned how to game KS to get their bids in first.
-- $tanley
Flame Fractal deck - http://freakiebeat.com/index.php/flame- ... -in-spades" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Animation of the Flame Fractal deck - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Kq0BA8w9w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SuicideKing

Unread post by SuicideKing »

One RS3 available right now! Not mine... I keep it! :D
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

SpecialK wrote:What's the issue with someone getting 30 pairs? Crowd funded, all pairs spoken for. Wouldn't really create momentum would it? 30 pairs re-released and spoken for again...momentum gone?
Honestly, I think it's great that Eric takes measures against such behavior, that tells me that he's not just in it to sell the decks and take our money. Even more so if Stan is right and the guy took all or most of the EB's, that's just not cool.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
SpecialK

MagikFingerz wrote:
SpecialK wrote:What's the issue with someone getting 30 pairs? Crowd funded, all pairs spoken for. Wouldn't really create momentum would it? 30 pairs re-released and spoken for again...momentum gone?
Honestly, I think it's great that Eric takes measures against such behavior, that tells me that he's not just in it to sell the decks and take our money. Even more so if Stan is right and the guy took all or most of the EB's, that's just not cool.
Agree it's not cool...but, that's what it is right now. No limits on accounts, etc. I'm glad Eric is trying to do something, but it seems like it's within the rules. Sucks, but oh well.
chach

Unread post by chach »

StanKindLee wrote:Kinda explains how ALL of the EB limited pairs of decks were gone in less than 30 seconds... not only do they have multiple accounts, they have learned how to game KS to get their bids in first.
Yup, would be rather easy to write a script to process the transaction for all his accounts. After that you just wait til the project launches to enter the final variables like location and which pledge(s) to select then press the big red go button. I'm really surprised that you don't have to enter a "captcha" type of verification to help against such a thing when pledging.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

chach wrote:
StanKindLee wrote:Kinda explains how ALL of the EB limited pairs of decks were gone in less than 30 seconds... not only do they have multiple accounts, they have learned how to game KS to get their bids in first.
Yup, would be rather easy to write a script to process the transaction for all his accounts. After that you just wait til the project launches to enter the final variables like location and which pledge(s) to select then press the big red go button. I'm really surprised that you don't have to enter a "captcha" type of verification to help against such a thing when pledging.
One of those graphic type the word or numbers in bit, that may help a lot. They should definitely do that. Would slow down the pledge system a little bit, specially for me cause I usually have to hit the give me a new image button a couple times to make out what the photo thing is trying to say. :lol: I'd happily deal with it though. :)

From the KS perspective though, what do they care? As long as the guy pays, they're making money anyway. :|
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
chach

Unread post by chach »

Yeah that squiggly usually incomprehensible thing is a captcha. Believe it's the company that created them.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh, I didn't say it would change the momentum. This went stale over a week ago because people were like rabid dogs and bought them all. He's found 3 more users that account for almost 75 pairs total.

Still not a whole lot, but it's 150 more decks of the Reserve versions that he has available right now. I'd push 5 pair up about once every couple of hours in various time zones to give everybody a decent shot at it. There's also those 100 pair he's doing starting 8-September. We knew that early on: if we put everything up for sale to start it will be over in 5 days. We staggered it pretty much, and even with the changed tuck for Livida/standard and new prices, it's still about as sold as people want it. Those 150 decks plus 200 more are still to be sold, though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him put all of that in the new project he's doing starting on the 8th and just let the chum hit the shark tank. Whoever gets there first with their payments gets those decks. There's really no way to make it fair, somebody is always going to be ticked they didn't 'win', and this isn't a contest, it's crowd funding a set of three related decks. Erik knows more for the next campaign, but it's been a learning process for both of us.

Those 75 or so pairs plus the 100 "special dry sealed" pairs with hand signed and numbered CoA's and all that will be instant sell-outs, we know that. It's why the project is going to be set to 5 days. That's one thing I don't understand about CrowdFunding software: all of them should let you end your campaign early if you're already funded - without messing it up permanently. I'll have to get that done, eh?
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

Mike Ratledge wrote: That's one thing I don't understand about CrowdFunding software: all of them should let you end your campaign early if you're already funded - without messing it up permanently. I'll have to get that done, eh?
Ending early just because it's funded wouldn't make sense unless it's a sell out for a limited special situation. Those would only be very few and far between so why would anyone waste time trying to enable an "end now cause it's funded" button? The goal always seems to be get as much funding as possible.

I think the five day limit is alright on KS. Many people pledge without thinking and drop their pledges a couple days later. Something I notice a lot when browsing the kicktraq listings. Also lets people who actually want the product to snatch up the ones dropped by the overzealous. Not to mention a sold out campaign incites a certain amount of lusting after said product. Like a missed campaign, people want to get in on the next one and try to keep an eye out, do web searches to see if they can acquire an earlier something from the designer. I imagine Venexiana Gold inspired a lot of hunting for Venexiana decks because it was sold out so quickly for example. Things like that happen fairly frequently.
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
JSELS
Decks Owned: 22

Unread post by JSELS »

Another thing to consider when collecting funds early is the fact that some people pledge when they haven't got the money to fund it yet.
SpecialK

3 users and 75 decks?!! Wow..someone really wants the Mana decks.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

SpecialK wrote:3 users and 75 decks?!! Wow..someone really wants to make money on the aftermarket.
Fixed that for you :roll:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

Mike Ratledge wrote:CrowdFunding software: all of them should let you end your campaign early if you're already funded - without messing it up permanently. I'll have to get that done, eh?
I completely disagree for several reasons.

1. Sometimes people have to cancel their pledges for financial reasons and to take that ability away is wrong.

2. Some people pledge without having the money yet. They won't have the funds till the payday closest to the end date. Stopping a project early could cost more in overdraft fees.

3. Some people wait till the last 48 hours to see if they can afford to pledge. Ending early, you lose those pledges.

If it's a project like veneciana gold where there is only a LE deck, then ending when all decks are pledged for can still cause issues.

The only feasible way to choose to end a project early would be to ask all pledgers and have a unanimous vote to end early.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

MagikFingerz wrote:
SpecialK wrote:3 users and 75 decks?!! Wow..someone really wants to make money on the aftermarket.
Fixed that for you :roll:
HAHA tom you are simply brilliant at times.
Cbkimble wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote:CrowdFunding software: all of them should let you end your campaign early if you're already funded - without messing it up permanently. I'll have to get that done, eh?
I completely disagree for several reasons.

1. Sometimes people have to cancel their pledges for financial reasons and to take that ability away is wrong.

2. Some people pledge without having the money yet. They won't have the funds till the payday closest to the end date. Stopping a project early could cost more in overdraft fees.

3. Some people wait till the last 48 hours to see if they can afford to pledge. Ending early, you lose those pledges.

If it's a project like veneciana gold where there is only a LE deck, then ending when all decks are pledged for can still cause issues.

The only feasible way to choose to end a project early would be to ask all pledgers and have a unanimous vote to end early.
I agree, it would pose more problems than solve them. Even with the voting im still in disagreement over the fact that more people could possibly join in in the last couple of days. Perhaps a shortening of the deadline could be made possible (although im still not quite in agreement with it), say from 2 weeks down to a week if the creator feels the project is stagnating, but there should be a minimum amount of days it can be shortened to say maybe a week, so that everyone gets more than enough headsup.
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

I agree with Cbkimble and Kai. I don't favor the ending early feature.
Slavich

Unread post by Slavich »

Someone dropped RS6 tier so I upgraded and dropped my RS4 tier. Go grab it if you want and quick enough :)