Virtuoso - Spring/Summer 2014 Deck

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Norbie
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 8

Virtuoso - Spring/Summer 2014 Deck

Unread post by Norbie »

I did a search and all I could find on the forums are the "Gold Virts" forum, but nothing on the Spring/Summer 2014 release.

Did I miss this somewhere? Otherwise I'll post a few words about this deck in this forum here.

P.S. Man ....... My English can be terrible. Sorry.
One Deck at a Time.... One Deck at a Time... One Deck at a Time...
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Virtuoso - Spring/Summer 2014 Deck

Unread post by badpete69 »

No that release occurred in the past few weeks.. I think i was getting 5 emails a day about it. It is the same deck that came out last year but now available to all. I can dig up an email or 2 on it. I know they were running low on supply. Again this is the same deck that came out at the beginning of the year blue and orange. That release was private

EDIT: Norbie I remember having a thread on the blue and orange decks but I cannot find it now. I found the original thread on the black and red. I remember also people complaining that they never got their download links from Virtuoso on that blue and orange deck. feel free to use this thread if you want to discuss it
Mirror
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by Mirror »

I received my decks a few days ago and I'm really happy with them. Only complaint is that they could be a bit stiffer but they're still really good. Also, the borders are VERY thin. I had no problem with the downloads, I received them a day after payment.
AceOfHearts
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

Can someone please explain why the hell shipping from Singapur to USA is so cheap compared to EU... its even FREE shipping for 12 decks and we need to pay 23$ for EU ... no f**king way.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

AceOfHearts wrote:Can someone please explain why the hell shipping from Singapur to USA is so cheap compared to EU... its even FREE shipping for 12 decks and we need to pay 23$ for EU ... no f**king way.
The orders to the us is probably shipped out from US itself
cosmicsecret
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

got mine from the public release 2 days ago.
i have to admit - i really like them in terms of design and how they handle.
a fully custom deck, well some of the court cards do have the same face/style just mirrored but thats not a big deal since
its made for the art of cardistry.

As mirror has pointed out, the borders are very very thin.The first edition (black,white,red) had much thicker borders.
Since this is a USPCC deck,the regristration is a bit off.Not much but you will notice it once you riffle through the pack.

Now to sum it up : The deck is fully custom,no bling bling card box rather really simple,the card stock & finish which is used is a good combo.
I thought about ordering a brick now,since i bought only 2 the first time to check if i really like them or not.
But i will probably go for only 3 more decks.

PS: for us European customers, the value on the outside of the envelope was declared without shipping price incl. :)
Mirror

Unread post by Mirror »

AceOfHearts wrote:Can someone please explain why the hell shipping from Singapur to USA is so cheap compared to EU... its even FREE shipping for 12 decks and we need to pay 23$ for EU ... no f**king way.
I think they ship most decks from the US. I received mine from "Virtuoso Shipping, Ohio" and I'm in Germany. Also I have to say that the prices are really fair. If I remember correctly, I got my 5 decks for around 55€ including shipping. That's half the price some resellers offer at the moment.
AceOfHearts
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

Didn you pay taxes? You have local shop in germany that you can buy each for 13.99 - 5 will bring you free shipping and Free deck or trick., no custom taxes and faster delivery and if anything is wrong u can always return them. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Btw i think this deck is overhyped... that thing with preorders... marketing strategy to double the orders.. so many emails we have little in stock hurry hurry, grab one before they are gone.. and yet they are still selling them...
PS: for us European customers, the value on the outside of the envelope was declared without shipping price incl.
That's how should be really... E type only amount of the order exc shipping unlike some other shops like Collectable/MagicTrickStore... .