Theory11 - 4 New Decks In August

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
jerichoholic
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Theory11 - 4 New Decks In August

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Don't know much other than this response from the Theory11 forums by Jonathan Bayme.

"No immediate plans to reprint the Red or Silver, but maybe in the future. Aside from those, though...

FOUR new playing cards in the works for release in the next four weeks. Big things coming soon!"

Personally I think it's a bit much and I don't know if I want to pay shipping 4 separate times!
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Re: Theory11 - 4 New Decks In August

Unread post by Sher »

That depends if they run out quickly. You might be able to wait until all four are released an order them together.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Will be interesting to see if they come up with some exciting stuff given the quality and innovation coming out of KS. They are capable of greatness, but if we get the typical cool tuck and fancy ace but standard everything else it will be a letdown.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

T11 has definitely had a quiet year as compared to the rest, i hope they have been refining their design skills and not pump out mediocre decks like E.
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

Interesting. Was just thinking the other day that their offerings seem to be slimming down a bit. Wonder if at least one will be another charity deck of some sorts.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Aussie888

Unread post by Aussie888 »

jerichoholic wrote:Don't know much other than this response from the Theory11 forums by Jonathan Bayme.

"No immediate plans to reprint the Red or Silver, but maybe in the future. Aside from those, though...

FOUR new playing cards in the works for release in the next four weeks. Big things coming soon!"

Personally I think it's a bit much and I don't know if I want to pay shipping 4 separate times!
Full decks or just four cards?
JokerzGamez
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by JokerzGamez »

Im already predicting that one of them will be Monarchs related. As much as I like Monarchs, unless they produce a super redesign of the Monarchs (like JR and the KWP Tallys), I probably wont be interested.
"First rule of magic: always be the smartest guy in the room"

- Jesse Eisenberg, Now You See Me
Mirror

Unread post by Mirror »

JokerzGamez wrote:Im already predicting that one of them will be Monarchs related. As much as I like Monarchs, unless they produce a super redesign of the Monarchs (like JR and the KWP Tallys), I probably wont be interested.
Maybe not Monarchs but with 4 new releases I'm pretty sure one will be a recolor of something they already did. Still, for me that's a pretty nice announcement.
AceOfHearts
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

One of the decks will be recolor of Rebels i have private info about that lol. The thing about cool box and standart cards is becouse most people like it... If you see Elite decks like one million, excelence.. the money is there...
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

AceOfHearts wrote:One of the decks will be recolor of Rebels i have private info about that lol. The thing about cool box and standart cards is becouse most people like it... If you see Elite decks like one million, excelence.. the money is there...
Indeed. The vast majority prefer traditional with a nice back and pretty tuck.

I've had a feeling they were due for some releases - i'd imagine at least 2 of them should be new decks.
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I know- a new Madison line, available in 4 different colors.
volantangel

vasta41 wrote:I know- a new Madison line, available in 4 different colors.
Oh goodness that's the last thing I want to see..
Mirror

Unread post by Mirror »

JPMiddleton wrote: Indeed. The vast majority prefer traditional with a nice back and pretty tuck.
Me, for example :)
vasta41 wrote:I know- a new Madison line, available in 4 different colors.
He's with E now, so probably not.
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

JPMiddleton wrote:
AceOfHearts wrote:One of the decks will be recolor of Rebels i have private info about that lol. The thing about cool box and standart cards is becouse most people like it... If you see Elite decks like one million, excelence.. the money is there...
I don't know about that, I think the vast majority just haven't had enough great options for fully custom decks before. With the influx of great decks produced on Kickstarter now, I think we're seeing a trend where people want full customization including courts and pips in addition to a nice back and pretty tuck, instead of minimal customization of only the back, AoS, and Jokers.

I'll take Uusi or Jackson any day over any of the semi-custom offerings from T11.
Mirror

Unread post by Mirror »

sinjin7 wrote:
JPMiddleton wrote:
I don't know about that, I think the vast majority just haven't had enough great options for fully custom decks before. With the influx of great decks produced on Kickstarter now, I think we're seeing a trend where people want full customization including courts and pips in addition to a nice back and pretty tuck, instead of minimal customization of only the back, AoS, and Jokers.

I'll take Uusi or Jackson any day over any of the semi-custom offerings from T11.
I would change "people" into "collectors" and then I'd agree to your statement.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

sinjin7 wrote:
JPMiddleton wrote:

There's a flip side to that coin though. Due to the influx of great decks on KS (and an influx of decks in general), not all decks need to be fully customized. The way I see it is since there are plenty of decks in the market that every once in a while, it's okay for a deck to "go old school" and stick to the old standard courts. Some might not but I equate it to cars- there are plenty of new cars out there but take a look at the Dodge Charger or Chevy Camaro. They've got all the nice things modern cars have nowadays but Dodge and Chevy went back to their roots instead of starting completely from scratch. And much like playing cards, I'm sure some people would rather them start anew and others love the "old school" designs.
Mirror

Unread post by Mirror »

vasta41 wrote:There's a flip side to that coin though. Due to the influx of great decks on KS (and an influx of decks in general), not all decks need to be fully customized. The way I see it is since there are plenty of decks in the market that every once in a while, it's okay for a deck to "go old school" and stick to the old standard courts. Some might not but I equate it to cars- there are plenty of new cars out there but take a look at the Dodge Charger or Chevy Camaro. They've got all the nice things modern cars have nowadays but Dodge and Chevy went back to their roots instead of starting completely from scratch. And much like playing cards, I'm sure some people would rather them start anew and others love the "old school" designs.
pretty much hits the nail on the head.
chach

Unread post by chach »

Mirror wrote:
JokerzGamez wrote:Im already predicting that one of them will be Monarchs related. As much as I like Monarchs, unless they produce a super redesign of the Monarchs (like JR and the KWP Tallys), I probably wont be interested.
Maybe not Monarchs but with 4 new releases I'm pretty sure one will be a recolor of something they already did. Still, for me that's a pretty nice announcement.
I'd be willing to bet on a recoloring if the Medallions deck. Would look good in white IMO

Also hoping the rebels recolor is true, I really like that deck, one of my favs. Looking at their site, both red & white monarchs are sold out so I wouldn't put it past them to do another version since that is pretty much their staple deck. But this is all conjecture, hope we find out for sure soon.
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

sinjin7 wrote:
JPMiddleton wrote:

PerhapS, but I'm going purely off sales (and demand) through our store. So my opinion is based on what we see on a daily basis rather than what I "feel". I'm sure you're probably right about more people wanting full custom- but it is still the case that the majority of sales are "traditional" courts with a custom tuck and box.
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

sinjin7 wrote:

Of course much of it depends on how people use their cards. Some may prefer the standard courts for sheer readability, but I ain't one of those. I want full customization and you are 100% correct Sinjin, the bar has been set much higher in the past year or so and I for one find standard courts about as interesting as watching paint dry. That said, I totally respect those who like them and understand their reasons for doing so.
volantangel

Widdee wrote:
sinjin7 wrote:

Of course much of it depends on how people use their cards. Some may prefer the standard courts for sheer readability, but I ain't one of those. I want full customization and you are 100% correct Sinjin, the bar has been set much higher in the past year or so and I for one find standard courts about as interesting as watching paint dry. That said, I totally respect those who like them and understand their reasons for doing so.
Indeed, i have given some friends (not collectors) customized decks like vaudeville more than a year back, and even until now, they pull it out for the games over the regular decks of cards. And honestly you can see they care for those decks much more than usual, hence them lasting that much longer
chach

4 New Releases Coming From Theory 11

Unread post by chach »

Thought there was a thread already but couldnt find it. Anyhow, a posting to their Instagram account the other day teaser "8/31 Four releases. One day. Celebrating seven years."

No other details I know of but here's a the pic they released.
Attachments
2014-08-24 13.13.33.png
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: 4 New Releases Coming From Theory 11

Unread post by Marcus »

Most likely a deck connected to Steve Cohen somehow. No word yet on whether it'll be a regular release (i.e. decks for purchase) or if they're only included (Hollingworth/Bucks). I doubt they'd overtly tease the cards like this if they weren't going to sell them on their own though.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Re: 4 New Releases Coming From Theory 11

Unread post by CBJ »

Can a mod merge this with the original thread

http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic ... t11#p58361" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
badpete69

Unread post by badpete69 »

Your wish is my command oh great Bicycle guru
volantangel

badpete69 wrote:Your wish is my command oh great Bicycle guru
Hmm not sure if that is wise, there might be more than one deck in the 4 releases, but we will see..
badpete69

Volant... The thread merged was identical to this one so there was no need to have 2 different threads... Unless I am not undertanding your comment
volantangel

im saying perhaps its better to have a standalone thread for the deck in the picture, but i guess that can wait until its nearer to the release
badpete69

Yes i agree that once each deck is out we can have separate thread on them. When I read chach post I read that he was saying 4 decks are coming soon on 8/31 and that he remembered seeing a thread on it...that's why I put it here

anyway it's all good either way
cosmicsecret
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

New picture has been released :
From Facebook