Bee Coterie Playing Cards by Zenneth Kok

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Zenneth
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Bee Coterie Playing Cards by Zenneth Kok

Unread post by Zenneth »

Hi everyone,

Here's an important update:

1) First of all, we have sold 50% of the Coterie Bee stock, a big thank you to everyone.

2) As you may know that all the Coterie Bee decks are currently shipping from Hong Kong, and deadline for X'mas order is the first week of December.
Therefore, if you haven't ordered yet and would like to receive Coterie Bee decks before X'mas, please make sure you place an order within the next three weeks.

Thanks,
Zenneth
Coterie1902.com
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

Hi guys,

I got my coterie decks today, I opened one deck to play with before I put the other decks for sale on my shop.

Well it is a VERY high quality decks, very snappy cards, that's bee premium stock for sure.

Fan looks awesome, amazing ribbons, ...

I won't speak about the box, it speaks for itself.

I don't care if you buy them from the coterie website, through my shop or anywhere else, but go get them, you won't be disappointed.

Cheers.

PS : Zenneth did not bribe me for this post, I even had to pay retail price to carry the decks, this guy does not bargain ^^ But he did not lie about the quality of this deck, so I had to give my opnion about it :)
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Forgot to add this picture, here it is ;
Attachments
IMG_1792.JPG
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

I'll second all of those thoughts - we bought it at retail too as we had so many enquiries about it.

So, so impressed - amazing quality and the box is beautiful. The box they were delivered in and the bookmarks were a nice touch too.
PlayingCardz wrote:Hi guys,

I got my coterie decks today, I opened one deck to play with before I put the other decks for sale on my shop.

Well it is a VERY high quality decks, very snappy cards, that's bee premium stock for sure.

I don't care if you buy them from the coterie website, through my shop or anywhere else, but go get them, you won't be disappointed.

Cheers.

PS : Zenneth did not bribe me for this post, I even had to pay retail price to carry the decks, this guy does not bargain ^^ But he did not lie about the quality of this deck, so I had to give my opnion about it :)
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
Wildereachday

Unread post by Wildereachday »

I've seen some photos that would indicate that there will be a silver version as well. Is this correct?
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

there is no silver version... but there soon may be
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

In the current deck, there is a double backer with the gold back on one side and the silver back pn the other. Pretty sweet!
Wildereachday

Unread post by Wildereachday »

Sweet! I would love to see a full silver deck made :)
lumpyliew

Unread post by lumpyliew »

PlayingCardz wrote:In the current deck, there is a double backer with the gold back on one side and the silver back pn the other. Pretty sweet!
Silver Back ! that means there will be a silver one coming up :)
Don't Worry , Be Happy Cheers!
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

I ordered and paid for my coterie deck back on 10/31 but it does not show as shipped?? anyone else did not receive their decks yet
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Hey Zenneth, can you provide us an update? Your previous comments indicated all orders should have gone out by now... mine is still showing as "Processing"... and my order was placed back on 11/03
cosmicsecret
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

badpete69 wrote:I ordered and paid for my coterie deck back on 10/31 but it does not show as shipped?? anyone else did not receive their decks yet
Neither are my displayed as shipped but thats for all people,the system isnt properly working.
Just email Coterie ( you can find their email at the website) that you want your tracking number for your Order Nr. XX
They send me my tracking number within some hours and guess what i have to pick it up my order at my post office tommorrow.
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

MJF wrote:Hey Zenneth, can you provide us an update? Your previous comments indicated all orders should have gone out by now... mine is still showing as "Processing"... and my order was placed back on 11/03
I'm pretty sure he or someone else said on their Facebook page that even if it still said 'processing' that as long as it was before the date mentioned it would have gone out. Our order stills says processing but we have it.
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Cool, thanks guys!
Zenneth
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Zenneth »

JPMiddleton wrote:
MJF wrote:Hey Zenneth, can you provide us an update? Your previous comments indicated all orders should have gone out by now... mine is still showing as "Processing"... and my order was placed back on 11/03
I'm pretty sure he or someone else said on their Facebook page that even if it still said 'processing' that as long as it was before the date mentioned it would have gone out. Our order stills says processing but we have it.
That's right, if your order status shows "Processing", it's actually shipped, otherwise it will be "Pending", we are hoping to update the system as soon as possible and making it easier for customers to keep track of their orders.

All orders are all shipped out from Hong Kong on Registered Airmail, even if you only order 1 deck you would still have a tracking number.

If you think about it, Coterie Bee is actually very reasonably priced, few days ago I ordered 3 decks from a US retailer, international shipping charge to Hong Kong is 26 USD,
this is more or less the same amount for all international order and for all US retailers too.

However, Coterie Bee 3 decks package is 39USD with registered international airmail fee included, obviously we don't profit from shipping and packing at all.
Coterie1902.com
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Zenneth wrote:If you think about it, Coterie Bee is actually very reasonably priced, few days ago I ordered 3 decks from a US retailer, international shipping charge to Hong Kong is 26 USD,
this is more or less the same amount for all international order and for all US retailers too.
That's not true. Most of the ebay sellers and similar ones (pokerstud, BMPokerWorld etc) ship using First Class Flat Rate Envelopes which cost less than $20 even with a small handling fee added. And just recently I ordered 8 decks from Ellusionist (who usually overcharge on international shipping in my experience) where shipping was $18.50.

Though I can appreciate it is a more reliable method of shipping than for example first class usps shipping (no tracking).

May I ask which US retailer you were referring to?
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Zenneth
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Zenneth »

PlayingCardz wrote:Hi guys,

Cheers.

I hope you are not too disappointed about the "No Bargain" bit, as much as I would like to work with overseas disbutors, but just like I have explained in my previous posts, we still haven't reached on an agreeable solution with USPCC on their compensation to us. Actually, we did, but just a few hours ago, again they say the compensation item is out of inventory. I can't explain the details, but it's very difficult for us to provide further discount for higher quatity orders before USPCC gave us the real and finalised solution.

Though, by now, even if we could reach on a finalised solution, discount will probably only apply to gross level orders.
Coterie1902.com
Zenneth
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Zenneth »

MagikFingerz wrote:
Zenneth wrote:If you think about it, Coterie Bee is actually very reasonably priced, few days ago I ordered 3 decks from a US retailer, international shipping charge to Hong Kong is 26 USD,
That's not true. Most of the ebay sellers and similar ones (pokerstud, BMPokerWorld etc) ship using First Class Flat Rate Envelopes which cost less than $20 even with a small handling fee added. And just recently I ordered 8 decks from Ellusionist (who usually overcharge on international shipping in my experience) where shipping was $18.50.

Though I can appreciate it is a more reliable method of shipping than for example first class usps shipping (no tracking).

May I ask which US retailer you were referring to?
Tom,

Coterie Bee at 3 decks level already uses a mailing box which provides much more protection than envelopes(therefore more heavy too), also, it costs more to have the mail registered.
If you ship airmail packages from US (with tracking number), I am sure shipping fee will be much more different from the current charges.
Hope this makes sense to you.

Zenneth
Coterie1902.com
Zenneth
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Zenneth »

PlayingCardz wrote:In the current deck, there is a double backer with the gold back on one side and the silver back pn the other. Pretty sweet!
Yup, there is a double backer which shows the silver edition Coterie Bee back, though I can't guarantee when it's gonna happen,
there are quite some customers would like to see the white borderless verson of Coterie Bee too, though this is even more less likely to be available in the near future.
(Sorry, white border is too important to card magicians)

It's probably too early to say now, but I have 3 major concepts when designing the Coterie Bee decks, the first is "Membership" as we see it now...

I think it's more important to express these concepts first than simply making color variants of Coterie Bee.
Coterie1902.com
cosmicsecret

Received mine today.
The envelope was damaged during transit and a plastic cover has been applied by DHL to prevent further damage.
So CBJ wasnt the only one who had no luck during transit,but the decks are in perfect condition :)
I was surprised to see only $3,40 in post stamps on the envelope.
I paid $13 a deck incl shipping. So my thought was that the shipping would be around $5 a deck.
So actually its $1.90 for one deck shipping and $11.10 for the deck if my math is correct.
The envelope is nice no doubt but if i can save lets say $3 on shipping when the decks are send in regular envelopes....well i would go for the savings.
Attachments
Envelope and Poststamps
Envelope and Poststamps
Picture of the Plastic Cover
Picture of the Plastic Cover
2 of the COTERIE1902 Bee Decks
2 of the COTERIE1902 Bee Decks
lumpyliew

If its shipping from Hong Kong , i wonder why havent i receive them as I guess im the first few to place an order . I'm from Singapore btw :)
Zenneth
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Zenneth »

cosmicsecret wrote:Received mine today.
The envelope was damaged during transit and a plastic cover has been applied by DHL to prevent further damage.
So CBJ wasnt the only one who had no luck during transit,but the decks are in perfect condition :)
I paid $13 a deck incl shipping. So my thought was that the shipping would be around $5 a deck.
So actually its $1.90 for one deck shipping and $11.10 for the deck if my math is correct.
The envelope is nice no doubt but if i can save lets say $3 on shipping when the decks are send in regular envelopes....well i would go for the savings.
Shipping in your case is $43HKD ($5.8 USD according to paypal rate).

Anyway, instead concerning about the price, I should really stress the value it carries.

Though, the value of Coterie Bee is probably higher to magicians than to collectors or cardistry practioners.

I always include gaff cards in the decks that I designed, same with Coterie Bee, other than the double backer, it also comes with a one of a kind gaff: the King of Hearts gaff card.

There are quite a few ways to use this card.

Next week, we will be releasing videos of two applications for the King of Hearts Gaff Card, I believe card magicians will then find the Coterie Bee a truly value for money deck.
Coterie1902.com
cosmicsecret

Zenneth wrote:
cosmicsecret wrote:Received mine today.
Shipping in your case is $43HKD ($5.8 USD according to paypal rate).

Anyway, instead concerning about the price, I should really stress the value it carries.

Though, the value of Coterie Bee is probably higher to magicians than to collectors or cardistry practioners.

I always include gaff cards in the decks that I designed, same with Coterie Bee, other than the double backer, it also comes with a one of a kind gaff: the King of Hearts gaff card.

There are quite a few ways to use this card.

Next week, we will be releasing videos of two applications for the King of Hearts Gaff Card, I believe card magicians will then find the Coterie Bee a truly value for money deck.
I know some effects you can do with this gaff but i´m curious what you have to offer :)
will those videos be tutorials and do they cost us something?
Zenneth
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Zenneth »

Hi cosmicsecret,

The first application is alternated handling of an existing routine, the alternation is not big enough to be considered as a variation, also, it's not exactly what the King of Hearts Gaff card primarily designed for.
Therefore, we will not explain it, but we will point out the source for you to locate this item.

The second application is a tutorial.

We will send you the video link by email so that you can watch these videos online and you will not be charged for watching these two videos.

Thanks,

Zenneth
Coterie1902.com
lumpyliew

Zenneth wrote:Hi cosmicsecret,

The first application is alternated handling of an existing routine, the alternation is not big enough to be considered as a variation, also, it's not exactly what the King of Hearts Gaff card primarily designed for.
Therefore, we will not explain it, but we will point out the source for you to locate this item.

The second application is a tutorial.

We will send you the video link by email so that you can watch these videos online and you will not be charged for watching these two videos.

Thanks,

Zenneth
Wow ! Thanks then ! Zenneth are you currently in Singapore and can you check if my Order 228 has been shipped ... It has been quite some time ...
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Got my tracking number...should be here soon
Zenneth
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Zenneth »

Hi lumpyliew,

I'm from Hong Kong.

If your order number is 228, then you are definitely not among the first few to order.

Coterie has a Chinese retail platform, products were being available at the same time as Coterie1902.com was launched.

So if your order number is 228 at Coterie1902.com, that means it's most likely 400ish of the overall orders of Coterie.

However, all orders were shipped already, I can ask my colleague to send you the tracking number tomorrow so that you will know the shipping status.

Hope this helps,

Zenneth
Coterie1902.com
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Hey Zenneth,

My order is #260 ... if you can also please send me my shipping tracking information that would be much appreciated.

Can you also provide a little detail on the discrepancy of the decks with and without the gold seals? Have they all been distributed? Are they going to be released at a later time... how's that work?

Thanks
MJF
K-mart

Unread post by K-mart »

Hi Zenneth, my order is no. 31, but for some reason the order still says its processing when I check its status. Is it some glitch or has the page just not been updated yet?
alric

Unread post by alric »

Zenneth wrote:
JPMiddleton wrote:
That's right, if your order status shows "Processing", it's actually shipped, otherwise it will be "Pending", we are hoping to update the system as soon as possible and making it easier for customers to keep track of their orders.
It helps to read the thread before asking questions, you might find the answer on your own......