The Game is On! Sherlock Holmes Based Playing Cards (KS)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
supcomtabz

Re: The Game is On! Sherlock Holmes Based Playing Cards (KS)

Unread post by supcomtabz »

We're also offering card cases!
Attachments
20140602_150436 (1).jpg
20140602_150436 (1).jpg (110.81 KiB) Viewed 588 times
snsdmonkey

Unread post by snsdmonkey »

Just got cancelled. I wonder what they come back with now...
supcomtabz

We'll be back! We're working on our next kid's book first and then we'll relaunch with some new goals and pricing. :)
Strag
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

supcomtabz wrote:We'll be back! We're working on our next kid's book first and then we'll relaunch with some new goals and pricing. :)
Highyl suggest you rethink strategy. This is really not a deck that's going to have more than niche appeal until you do something very different with the courts and let us see what the back looks like. You are missing out on the cardistry and magician market for sure and most collectors won't go for an "art" deck like you have done. Your other option would be to go for a much smaller goal with a different printer in which case you will likely get to 8-10K and still be profitiable for the niche audience who won't care that it's not USPCC or EPCC.
supcomtabz

Hi Strag,

We're actually thinking of that plan. Originally this was supposed to be the add-on deck with Shane's deck being first. So Mindy and I are Kickstarting our next kid's book (this is our third together). Then we'll be back with this deck probably in conjunction with a different deck (like I wanted to do in the first place with the other deck being the first offering and this being a fun addition). We're also probably going to do a lower price point for the cartoon deck because the folks who liked that art are more of the "why would a deck cost $12" variety.
Strag
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

supcomtabz wrote:Hi Strag,

We're actually thinking of that plan. Originally this was supposed to be the add-on deck with Shane's deck being first. So Mindy and I are Kickstarting our next kid's book (this is our third together). Then we'll be back with this deck probably in conjunction with a different deck (like I wanted to do in the first place with the other deck being the first offering and this being a fun addition). We're also probably going to do a lower price point for the cartoon deck because the folks who liked that art are more of the "why would a deck cost $12" variety.
Certainly seems like the right strategy, especially given Shane's installed base of fans as an artists. I know I was far more interested in his deck.
supcomtabz

Yeah, the main audience for Mindy's deck are the fans of the BBC Sherlock and they were a bit sticker shocked. With Ad Magic we can offer those decks a bit cheaper, my friend also just used a different printer and his cards had a lot of snap to them. So I'm going to see what the printer was.

It was also good to cancel and relaunch later. They just upheld the court ruling about Sherlock Holmes (the character) being in public domain in the US and part of the concern when I launched was the whole copyright issue.

All that said, it probably won't relaunch until after we fulfill my book Kickstarter. I hate when KS creators launch things before they give me the last thing I got.