Bicycle Golden Spike by Jody Eklund -- Now live

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.

What name should be used on the Ace of Diamonds?

A. Chinese
7%
B. Celestials
24%
C. Chinese Labor
7%
D. No Title
62%

Total votes: 45

jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 50

Re: Bicycle Golden Spike by Jody Eklund -- Coming Soon

Unread post by jodyeklund »

SBurk49 wrote:
jodyeklund wrote:I need your help! There is less than a week left for the launch and I want to make sure that there isn't anything I am missing. I have been poring over everything for the past month, so I am pretty close to the action and I might miss something. I am providing you all a link to my Kickstarter page before the launch next Monday to catch anything that will be a problem before I launch. Please let me know any issues you might see so I can take care of them before next Monday. Thank you for your help.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/91 ... n=06c81691" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Hurry up and LAUNCH ALREADY!!! :lol:

Oh and tell me exactly when you do so I can get an EB duo.

Unless its possible to call dibs...

Wait...

Is that possible?

Can I call dibs?!?!? :o :ugdance:
Believe me, I am READY TO GO! I want monday to be here today.

Here is the thing, I want to give the best opportunities to my previous backers and those who are my loyal supporters. All I'm saying is, become a backer and you will get insider info. Those who have been following my progress on Facebook are also getting insider information. So go to http://www.facebook.com/fluentinplayingcards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and get some insider news. Make sure you like the page :)
Yashi
Player: Yes

Unread post by Yashi »

Wait! What's "Mountain Time"? And the facebook link you posted is a broken link because of the .com you placed at the end.
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Yashi wrote:Wait! What's "Mountain Time"? And the facebook link you posted is a broken link because of the .com you placed at the end.
Mountain Daylight Savings Time (MDT). I live in Colorado.
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

jodyeklund wrote:
Yashi wrote:Wait! What's "Mountain Time"? And the facebook link you posted is a broken link because of the .com you placed at the end.
Mountain Daylight Savings Time (MDT). I live in Colorado.
Ohhh got it! And I liked your facebook page so I'm sort of in the loop now. :)
IAmTheChin
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by IAmTheChin »

Good luck Jody! A lot of people including myself have been looking forward to this deck for a while now :)
Manage Your Collections with
http://www.Portfolio52.com

Every collection starts somewhere. Start your saga. Start with Seasons.
http://www.SeasonsPlayingCards.com
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say thank you for all your help for the past few months. You guys are awesome! I can't believe it's finally here. I can't tell you how much I worked on this project. I have learned a great deal from you guys. The biggest lesson I have learned is, backers are alway right ;) so look for an update for the final change on the aces.

My goal is to hear you guys say how proud you are to hold these decks in your hands. And you should be, because you helped mold this project. Three phases left, funding, producing, and finally shipping. Here we go!
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Bicycle Golden Spike by Jody Eklund -- Now live

Unread post by badpete69 »

Live 1 hour early. Like Mike, Jody can't tell time hehehe

Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Jumped in for a 2+2 Early bird.
ivan

Unread post by ivan »

Been waiting for this!! Thank God I didn't have to wait one more hour.. lol

Kardify's interview with Jody on his design background, the design evolution of the Golden Spike deck, the playing card community and his thoughts Kickstarter.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Having not yet received any signed decks from previous KS projects, how are these usually signed? Since I will 'ruin' mine and open them I sure hope it's not signed on the plastic wrap because then that loses the signature. Just wondering what is typical.

Questions for Jody - with THIS project, will the signed decks be shrink wrapped and then signed on top or will you remove the wrap to sign? Can I put a comment in to make sure you sign on the tuck itself instead of wrap?

Oddly when the initial designs first came out I was all about the Bicycle version, but with the recent changes the gold is the one that has my eye. Running out of room fast so have to limit myself to just one of them.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Since both the USPCC and LPCC decks are unlimited, what is the point of numbering the LPCC decks? After the first 10 decks or so, numbered decks in an unlimited series are just gimmicky. In future print runs, are you really going to start numbering those decks from where you stopped in the first run?

I get that you're trying to add bells and whistles to the less expensive LPCC deck to justify the price, but numbering an unlimited deck doesn't add to the collectability in my opinion. If I got deck that's labeled #176 out of 1,000, that #176 gives me context. If I get deck just numbered #176 in an unlimited run, so what? Unless the number 176 has any intrinsic value to me, no one else cares.

I would suggest just numbering the KS run to differentiate it from the other unlimited runs, and say you're just numbering the first x number of KS decks only.
Godzillian

Unread post by Godzillian »

sinjin7 wrote:Since both the USPCC and LPCC decks are unlimited, what is the point of numbering the LPCC decks? After the first 10 decks or so, numbered decks in an unlimited series are just gimmicky. In future print runs, are you really going to start numbering those decks from where you stopped in the first run?

I get that you're trying to add bells and whistles to the less expensive LPCC deck to justify the price, but numbering an unlimited deck doesn't add to the collectability in my opinion. If I got deck that's labeled #176 out of 1,000, that #176 gives me context. If I get deck just numbered #176 in an unlimited run, so what? Unless the number 176 has any intrinsic value to me, no one else cares.

I would suggest just numbering the KS run to differentiate it from the other unlimited runs, and say you're just numbering the first x number of KS decks only.
This gets a +1 from me. 100% agree with sinjin7's proposed change - numbering only the first x number of KS decks only.

Another question for Jody:
Will the signed Gold Brick have all 12 decks signed? I'm assuming yes, because it wouldn't make sense to only sign the brick box, haha. If yes, I may upgrade my pledge from a EB brick to an EB signed brick...
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

sinjin7 wrote:Since both the USPCC and LPCC decks are unlimited, what is the point of numbering the LPCC decks? After the first 10 decks or so, numbered decks in an unlimited series are just gimmicky. In future print runs, are you really going to start numbering those decks from where you stopped in the first run?

Sinjin7- you are totally right. I didn't catch that before launch. I think by at least numbering the 1st 1000 decks will make it collectable. I will put that in the comments for now and explain it in my first update. Thanks Sinjin7!
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Great, missed all the early birds :( If anyone is switching pledge levels and opening a 1+1 or 2+2, let me know!
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

MagikFingerz wrote:Great, missed all the early birds :( If anyone is switching pledge levels and opening a 1+1 or 2+2, let me know!
Indeed ! I'm lining up behind tom !
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

Damn sorry guys, I let go a 2+2 offer earlier, wish I saw your messages before :(
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I missed the EBs too! It's not that $12 per deck is unreasonable for this deck but UUG! Is $12 the new $10? This is becoming an expensive hobby!
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

PlayingCardz wrote:Damn sorry guys, I let go a 2+2 offer earlier, wish I saw your messages before :(
I saw it but i lost it due to lag.
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Godzillian wrote:

This gets a +1 from me. 100% agree with sinjin7's proposed change - numbering only the first x number of KS decks only.

Will the signed Gold Brick have all 12 decks signed? I'm assuming yes, because it wouldn't make sense to only sign the brick box, haha. If yes, I may upgrade my pledge from a EB brick to an EB signed brick...
I will give everyone my answer to the numbering of the Gold edition deck this evening when I send out the "Day 1" update.

Godzillian- Yesssss, all will be signed.
Godzillian

jodyeklund wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

I will give everyone my answer to the numbering of the Gold edition deck this evening when I send out the "Day 1" update.

Godzillian- Yesssss, all will be signed.
Wooo, upgraded my pledge :)
SuicideKing

Unread post by SuicideKing »

I missed the 2+2 EB. Normally, I'm not sad about that, but in this project, not only regular 2+2 is $8 more (fair enough) but the shipping is $7 more (really, this does not make any sense for me!).
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

jodyeklund wrote: I am launching it on Monday morning, June 30th at 10am (Mountain Time). The International rewards will just be for all my international backers and gives a discounted shipping price. I will be limiting the backers on these, but I will be opening these up at different times throughout the campaign.
Jody: Any chance we can get a head's up on the next time you'll open up some more of the INT EB's?
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

MagikFingerz wrote:
jodyeklund wrote: I am launching it on Monday morning, June 30th at 10am (Mountain Time). The International rewards will just be for all my international backers and gives a discounted shipping price. I will be limiting the backers on these, but I will be opening these up at different times throughout the campaign.
Jody: Any chance we can get a head's up on the next time you'll open up some more of the INT EB's?
Ok, I'm opening the $40 EB right now. I am increasing the limit to 50 backers instead of 40. Go get it while it's still there.
Godzillian

Jody, is it possible to have a pledge reward where it's a mixed brick, but the 6 Golden Editions are signed? Or could we just request it using the EB Signed Golden brick pledge?
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Godzillian wrote:Jody, is it possible to have a pledge reward where it's a mixed brick, but the 6 Golden Editions are signed? Or could we just request it using the EB Signed Golden brick pledge?
I think the Signed Split brick is a good idea. I put it up there for $130 with a limit to 10 backers.
Godzillian

jodyeklund wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Jody, is it possible to have a pledge reward where it's a mixed brick, but the 6 Golden Editions are signed? Or could we just request it using the EB Signed Golden brick pledge?
I think the Signed Split brick is a good idea. I put it up there for $130 with a limit to 10 backers.
Sweet, thanks for listening. I'll still stick to my Signed brick though. Will probably add more decks before the KS is done - this deck looks great. Hope this makes it. Good luck Jody!
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by RandyButterfield »

Backed. Great job Jody! Gorgeously designed Decks!
I especially like that you didn't overhype anything, and just let the work speak for itself.

Thanks, Randy
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

I'm in for the double - it;s a great looking deck :)
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Bicycle Golden Spike by Jody Eklund -- Now live (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

Thanks for opening some more slots Jody. I jumped on the $40 EB.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind not getting any EB (anymore). I think of the extra $2-$4 to slightly boost funding toward a deck you really want made. These are my 3rd anticipating decks.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586