Muertos - Day of the Dead Playing Cards (KS)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Godzillian

Re: Muertos - Day of the Dead Playing Cards (KS)

Unread post by Godzillian »

Sher wrote:The 60k stretch goal has been reached, which gives each backer that pledged 3 or more night decks a free mourning gold deck.
Ah crap, I might actually have to pledge for this. The Mourning Deck looks too good :\ I held off because while the design is nice, the color scheme wasn't doing it for me... but I'm a sucker for White + Gold.
wahl0108
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 121

Unread post by wahl0108 »

I'm about to give up my early bird 2 deck if anyone wants to jump in and snag it
Romans VIII.XXXVII-XXXIX

ISO:
Boss Deck
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Godzillian wrote:
Ah crap, I might actually have to pledge for this. The Mourning Deck looks too good :\ I held off because while the design is nice, the color scheme wasn't doing it for me... but I'm a sucker for White + Gold.
Jumoed for three of the blacks once I started liking the courts, but the white really is hot damn sharp. I've changed my KS buying strategy from jumping in on bricks to buying less early on (typically getting in on LEs and early birds) and picking up anything extra on Backerkit. Add-on prices are the same and gives me more time to see how I feel about the choices.
snsdmonkey

Unread post by snsdmonkey »

I wonder if he will think of something else for add-ons...still a long way to go in the campaign.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Godzillian wrote:
Sher wrote:The 60k stretch goal has been reached, which gives each backer that pledged 3 or more night decks a free mourning gold deck.
I did pretty much the same thing on this one: waited to see how it went and then did the 3-deck pledge tier. Just in case everybody isn't aware, now that there is more than 1 deck in the project any existing pledge can be broken up into two pieces, some of the original and some of the white deck, for example. Because of them making that $60,000 stretch goal I'm going to end up getting two of each deck for that 3-deck price. I really wasn't that sold on the original, but with 2+2 (I *really* like the white deck) I'm good!
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

Mike Ratledge wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
I did pretty much the same thing on this one: waited to see how it went and then did the 3-deck pledge tier. Just in case everybody isn't aware, now that there is more than 1 deck in the project any existing pledge can be broken up into two pieces, some of the original and some of the white deck, for example. Because of them making that $60,000 stretch goal I'm going to end up getting two of each deck for that 3-deck price. I really wasn't that sold on the original, but with 2+2 (I *really* like the white deck) I'm good!
Very tempted to go for that 3 deck tier. That's a really good deal. Just holding out because I'm anticipating on putting more money into Heretic. I'll get at least one of the mourning gold deck, though. I'm a sucker for white + gold, too. The aurum white gold/laser cut decks are my absolute favorite (white pearlescent tuck box is absolutely gorgeous), the white artisans are lovely, and I'm highly anticipating the Origins Grail Edition.
supcomtabz

Unread post by supcomtabz »

That three deck tier was genius. SO tempting.
Stockholm17
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 130

Unread post by Stockholm17 »

hi,

those numbers are not normal, I mean, good for Steve. But I wonder what happened and how. Looks like he went viral/exposed somewhere. Spikes like those happens when someone goes viral.
Check this campaign for example: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/kungfu ... hart-daily" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
quiet silent start, then viral kaboom for 2 days, and then free fall. 6m views on youtube for the trailer.

I wrote to Steve a few days ago for a normal cross promotion, but no reply.
I like the deck, the white version is my fav :) and I'm a backer as well... but I'd like to see more communication and feedback. 1800+ backers and very few comments.

:)
SBurk49
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by SBurk49 »

I had to back em. I cant really afford it... but i had to. I need clinical help.
"Cards are war, in disguise of a sport."
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

I wasn't in the mood to back this one, but, since he is offering one Mouring Golde deck and one coin, for backers with 3 or more decks, I have to back it... Oh God please help me (read give me money!!!)...
Norbie
Decks Owned: 8

Unread post by Norbie »

SBurk49 wrote:I had to back em. I cant really afford it... but i had to. I need clinical help.
I hear you brother, but I can't since I spent a small fortune (small fortune for ME) on the latest Uusi KickStarter. The more I look at the deck the more I want it. But I don't see myself getting them unless I miss out on Heretic Riserva deck.
One Deck at a Time.... One Deck at a Time... One Deck at a Time...
snsdmonkey

Good gracious me, this is starting to overshadow the Dia de Los Muertos. Really well designed and I'm proud to say I backed from the start :)
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

snsdmonkey wrote:Good gracious me, this is starting to overshadow the Dia de Los Muertos. Really well designed and I'm proud to say I backed from the start :)
I wasn't nuts about it when it hit but it has grown on me to the point that I'm excited about it- and the third deck. Didn't vote on either,liked them all.
snsdmonkey

Widdee wrote:
snsdmonkey wrote:Good gracious me, this is starting to overshadow the Dia de Los Muertos. Really well designed and I'm proud to say I backed from the start :)
I wasn't nuts about it when it hit but it has grown on me to the point that I'm excited about it- and the third deck. Didn't vote on either,liked them all.
Liked them all as well! :ugdance:
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I didn't pledge at all but might hop in the last minute because of the 3rd deck. I would vote for #1 or have #3 in second.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
TLZ1979

Unread post by TLZ1979 »

latest update, is that he has released all 3 decks.

So now there are 5 decks available. but he isn't sure on whether the new 3 decks will be done by USPCC or EPCC yet, and that decision will be made by how many people back the new 3 decks, as they are supposedly going to be limited quantities.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

TLZ1979 wrote:latest update, is that he has released all 3 decks.

So now there are 5 decks available. but he isn't sure on whether the new 3 decks will be done by USPCC or EPCC yet, and that decision will be made by how many people back the new 3 decks, as they are supposedly going to be limited quantities.
Huge huge mistake here, im gonna try and contact him and try to limit the damage.
lolo

Unread post by lolo »

As collector, I "want" every decks of a project. 2 decks is good. 3 decks, why not ! 5 decks is (now) to much for me. I can't afford it. I have unpledged.
My collection
The French Touch with english grammatical errors copyrighted by myself
steveminty
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by steveminty »

volantangel wrote:

Huge huge mistake here, im gonna try and contact him and try to limit the damage.
Hi guys! Kai was awesome enough to hit me up about the situation and give me his wisdom on the matter and I can safely say we are all good. We talked a lot about strategies and plans and everything is indeed in order. Some cool new things are coming for the last few days so stay tuned! Thanks for all the support!
lolo wrote:

As collector, I "want" every decks of a project. 2 decks is good. 3 decks, why not ! 5 decks is (now) to much for me. I can't afford it. I have unpledged.
It's okay Lolo! Sorry for overwhelming you with the 5 choices. I couldn't help it, I really do like all of the colors I worked on. I'll try to keep it to fewer decks on a future project! Thank you once again.
lolo

Unread post by lolo »

steveminty wrote:It's okay Lolo! Sorry for overwhelming you with the 5 choices. I couldn't help it, I really do like all of the colors I worked on. I'll try to keep it to fewer decks on a future project! Thank you once again.
Decks really look great. You can be proud of them ;-).

You have started your project with one deck and announced another one by a strech goal. Your project was looking as a two decks project (maximum). You add 3 other deck after. it's too much (for me). I have not anticipated this.

IMHO, you should have done a project in which you said all the color variations since the start (like Ornate white edition wich has annonced all the decks at the start).
My collection
The French Touch with english grammatical errors copyrighted by myself
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

steveminty wrote:
volantangel wrote:

Hi guys! Kai was awesome enough to hit me up about the situation and give me his wisdom on the matter and I can safely say we are all good. We talked a lot about strategies and plans and everything is indeed in order. Some cool new things are coming for the last few days so stay tuned! Thanks for all the support!
I worked out some stuff with steve, gave him alot more to think about, hopefully it would make things work out for him :D
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, as much as I hate so many decks from one project - at least these are all distinct, and not just tuck swaps like Scott's Vikings decks were. I suppose it's a personal preference, but since he's well over $100,000 at this point it's hard to argue success here, he's already proven that part.
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
SBurk49
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by SBurk49 »

I was wondering how he was going to do that. I HATED that the Love deck won. I was hoping for Sun deck or Celebrate deck.

But I agree that 5 is too many. Should've stuck with 2 and then did another campaign for the other 3. Woulda hit 60k EASY.
"Cards are war, in disguise of a sport."
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

Mike Ratledge wrote:Well, as much as I hate so many decks from one project - at least these are all distinct, and not just tuck swaps like Scott's Vikings decks were. I suppose it's a personal preference, but since he's well over $100,000 at this point it's hard to argue success here, he's already proven that part.
Yeah, I think he's made enough to produce 5 different decks. I just hope he's got the logistics of it all down, especially since he's got some add-ons, too. Albino Dragon made half a million with their Name of the Wind campaign, but as their blog shows, a majority of it went into producing all the rewards and they didn't make as much of a profit as most people think they did.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

This is a win for everyone since you get to pick and choose from 5 decks. Since the new 3 are only Kickstarter, I can imagine how Ebay prices will be. :o
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

I don't know if everyone catch this, so I think it is good to post here
Update #19 wrote: Important! I may be going with EPCC to produce these 3 due to the fact that USPCC has higher mininums. I'll be sure to keep you in the loop!
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

If he goes with EPCC and lowers the price, I may pledge.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Cbkimble wrote:If he goes with EPCC and lowers the price, I may pledge.
Same here, but I'm not hopeful. They never lower the price :(
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

MagikFingerz wrote:
Cbkimble wrote:If he goes with EPCC and lowers the price, I may pledge.
Same here, but I'm not hopeful. They never lower the price :(
The thing about using Expert to produce them is because of the minimum required by USPCC, not anything about the price. I wouldn't get my hopes up that those 3 special decks will go down in price...
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

I was really tempted in Pokemon "gotta have em all" kind of way. But then I realised that I didn't REALLY lilke the deck enough to pledge beyond the black and white decks.
I might pitch up to the 3 deck pledge to get the free one. Killer for me was the inablity to swap the specials out in the multiple deck pledge. If you could I'd be a shoe-in for all 5.