Zenith -- by Encarded

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Sher
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 100

Re: Zenith -- by Encarded

Unread post by Sher »

Honestly Paul, I think you're doing an awesome job getting these orders out, considering all the stuff you're juggling at the same time. We're all just impatient because we want these gorgeous decks in our hands so badly, but if I really think about it, not a lot of time has passed between the pre-orders and shipment. Thanks for trying to get these out so quickly. We really appreciate it! :)
SuicideKing
Player: Yes

Unread post by SuicideKing »

Encarded wrote: I'm spending as many hours a day as I can, juggling between work, my wife and kids, and sleeping. :)
Sleeping is not mandatory. Just kidding, of course! You are doing a wonderful job with that super quick shipping. Thanks! :)

Of course, I can't wait to get my decks!
nECr0MaNCeD
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

Sher wrote:Honestly Paul, I think you're doing an awesome job getting these orders out, considering all the stuff you're juggling at the same time. We're all just impatient because we want these gorgeous decks in our hands so badly, but if I really think about it, not a lot of time has passed between the pre-orders and shipment. Thanks for trying to get these out so quickly. We really appreciate it! :)
Goes ditto for me. My two orders went out and are scheduled to be here Friday. I guess Paul missed my request to combine them but no worries. As long as I get them I'm not gonna be picky.
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
Norbie
Decks Owned: 8

Unread post by Norbie »

Sher wrote:Honestly Paul, I think you're doing an awesome job getting these orders out, considering all the stuff you're juggling at the same time. We're all just impatient because we want these gorgeous decks in our hands so badly, but if I really think about it, not a lot of time has passed between the pre-orders and shipment. Thanks for trying to get these out so quickly. We really appreciate it! :)
Yeah..... just wanna add a +1 to this one too.
One Deck at a Time.... One Deck at a Time... One Deck at a Time...
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

I played around a bit until I finally got the effect I wanted to show the other day. People for some reason are saying "holographic" foil, which it isn't, and I'm fairly certain Paul hasn't used that term. It's called 'prismatic' (or refractive) alignment (and yes, I like "rainbow effect" better, also):
Attachments
20140507_201511-1.jpg
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Got my second batch of four in today and true to his word no scolding from Paul. Waiting for that special moment to open one, Cuba Libre in hand, gal to share it with, and for Zenith some Zeppelin on the box.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Shipping noticed ! Now the international waiting time..
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

volantangel wrote:Shipping noticed ! Now the international waiting time..
They say the intensity of the prismatic foil intensifies the longer you wait. ;)
volantangel

Widdee wrote:
volantangel wrote:Shipping noticed ! Now the international waiting time..
They say the intensity of the prismatic foil intensifies the longer you wait. ;)
I think its going to be like opening up a box of diamonds then :drool: :drool:
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Just received mine today. Suh-weeeeet.

I opened one up, and the design is every bit as awesome in real life as expected.

The cards themselves do need to be broken in (they don't fan all that well out of the box), but I look forward to spending some time with them and bringing out the best they can be.

There is something kind of poignant about having a deck that responds favorably to being used.

(Not that I'd object to them fanning great out of the box, either. Heh.)

PS: Paul, thanks for the great design, for all you do for the community, and for being classy.
This space intentionally left blank.
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

My first four decks just arrived!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Pictures don't do this deck justice. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
PhotoGrid_1399536842888_1.jpg
Maddest Hammer
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Maddest Hammer »

:shock: :drool: :drool: :drool: My post office opens in an hour. Hopefully, they will have the package slip done and in my mailbox :D
will kidnap and torture your boss for a dollar...
Maddest Hammer
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Maddest Hammer »

They're here, and in my grubby mitts! Who needs a pack jacket when you use stock that Paul used. That stuff is TOUGH! The cards were a little hard to get out the first time, and yes, a little tricky getting back in with the flap on the bottom, but just hold your mouth right, slide a few of the front cards all the way down first, and violá, in they go. Cards are nice and stiff, and better "grab" than USPCC (those things are slicker than snot anymore), and really just look great. And the tuck is just beautiful. Incredible as always, Paul! Your use of foil is just amazing. Thank you, sir :D
Attachments
Zenith.jpeg
will kidnap and torture your boss for a dollar...
Wilko
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by Wilko »

Sweet. These look better every time I see them.
Just had my shipping notice so hopefully they'll be here in the next week or two.
Can not wait to see these.
Norbie
Decks Owned: 8

Unread post by Norbie »

Maddest Hammer wrote:
... And the tuck is just beautiful. Incredible as always, Paul! Your use of foil is just amazing...

It's a great feeling to get great decks in your hands, mine are on their way to Australia.

Your quote above also is something that others have also said so I'm not just picking on you. :) When I started collecting playing cards earlier this year I couldn't understand why all of you put such a high significance on the tuck boxes. I mean, your collecting "cards" are you not; not the box that they come in!

It's decks like these (BOTH cards and tuck) that have turned my opinion on this stance.
One Deck at a Time.... One Deck at a Time... One Deck at a Time...
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

Glad to hear you are enjoying them, and for those that don't have them yet I hope they get there quickly! I packed them in those tough little boxes so I expect they'll arrive in perfect shape.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
nECr0MaNCeD

Encarded wrote:Glad to hear you are enjoying them, and for those that don't have them yet I hope they get there quickly! I packed them in those tough little boxes so I expect they'll arrive in perfect shape.

Thanks Paul. Your effort getting these out has been nothing short of perfect. Kudos to you sir.

BTW I checked USPS tracking 10 minutes ago and they showed as leaving Tampa with a Friday delivery. 5 minutes ago my Daughter brings me two boxes from Encarded. Sweet. I'll fore-go the pics as everyone has seen them and with far better photographers than I.
rpelberg

Unread post by rpelberg »

Received Mine today, look amazing. I also want to say that the shipping is excellent and very secure. One thing that I noticed with my 3 decks is that they all have what appears to be a very small chip in the foil on one of the solid rings found on the side with the numbered sticker. It isn't a big deal but I was curious if anyone else noticed this on theirs. Anyway amazing cards Paul, great work.
Attachments
photo-8.JPG
snsdmonkey

Unread post by snsdmonkey »

Norbie wrote:
Maddest Hammer wrote:
... And the tuck is just beautiful. Incredible as always, Paul! Your use of foil is just amazing...

It's a great feeling to get great decks in your hands, mine are on their way to Australia.

Your quote above also is something that others have also said so I'm not just picking on you. :) When I started collecting playing cards earlier this year I couldn't understand why all of you put such a high significance on the tuck boxes. I mean, your collecting "cards" are you not; not the box that they come in!

It's decks like these (BOTH cards and tuck) that have turned my opinion on this stance.
Haha we're in the same boat Norbie, can't wait!
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

Any mass production carries a chance of small flaws, but I will say that I got 1000 decks and all were totally good enough to sell, which I can't quite say for me last decks...

No "factory seconds" this time around. :)
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
nECr0MaNCeD

Encarded wrote:No "factory seconds" this time around. :)
Another spike through the heart. :cry:
wahl0108
Decks Owned: 121

Unread post by wahl0108 »

nECr0MaNCeD wrote:

I'm sure someone on here would be willing to work something out with you. I only got two, one for myself and one for my boyfriend otherwise I would :oops:
Romans VIII.XXXVII-XXXIX

ISO:
Boss Deck
nECr0MaNCeD

wahl0108 wrote:
nECr0MaNCeD wrote:

I'm sure someone on here would be willing to work something out with you. I only got two, one for myself and one for my boyfriend otherwise I would :oops:
No worries Brigid. I got three. I was just being my usual loony self. Now where did I put those meds..... :ugthink:
shadowkat

Unread post by shadowkat »

I actually opened one of my decks to play around with, and as I was putting them back in the box, tragedy occurred! The bottom flap on the box really dinged one of my cards pretty badly (hopefully my porper clip will return it to almost new) :cry: I actually had the same problem with the Prime Noir, but since that box is a top loader and has a bit of wiggle room it is a bit easier. That bottom flap claimed more victims before I noticed. The side closing flap allowed me to notice something was amiss right away. Any advice on an easy return to the box? Thank you.
shadowkat

Unread post by shadowkat »

Maddest Hammer wrote:They're here, and in my grubby mitts! Who needs a pack jacket when you use stock that Paul used. That stuff is TOUGH! The cards were a little hard to get out the first time, and yes, a little tricky getting back in with the flap on the bottom, but just hold your mouth right, slide a few of the front cards all the way down first, and violá, in they go.
I didn't read your post before putting my cards back in and apparently didn't hold my mouth right! :lol: I will try that method Maddest Hammer. Thanks.
volantangel

shadowkat wrote:I actually opened one of my decks to play around with, and as I was putting them back in the box, tragedy occurred! The bottom flap on the box really dinged one of my cards pretty badly (hopefully my porper clip will return it to almost new) :cry: I actually had the same problem with the Prime Noir, but since that box is a top loader and has a bit of wiggle room it is a bit easier. That bottom flap claimed more victims before I noticed. The side closing flap allowed me to notice something was amiss right away. Any advice on an easy return to the box? Thank you.
Thanks shadow ill take note when mine arrive. I wonder if we are the few thats gonna open a deck :lol:
wahl0108
Decks Owned: 121

Unread post by wahl0108 »

nECr0MaNCeD wrote:No worries Brigid. I got three. I was just being my usual loony self. Now where did I put those meds..... :ugthink:

Glad to hear! :D
Romans VIII.XXXVII-XXXIX

ISO:
Boss Deck
DragonSoul

Unread post by DragonSoul »

O.K. it looks like I'm going to be in the minority here. I got my cards yesterday and was not as impressed with the quality of EPCC as I was hoping to be. Don't get me wrong, the tuck is beautiful. Although, I was hating the side opening at first it did get easier to open and close. No, it's the cards themselves. While they look great, I do not like the way they feel. Just like the Kraken Rum cards I got recently, they leave an odd feeling residue on my fingers. I don't know who made the Kraken cards but, I had never encountered that on any deck before and now here it is again. They also have an unpleasant, albeit not overpowering, chemical smell that I do not like either. Sorry, they may be attempting to give USPCC a run for the money but, I won't be rushing out to buy lots of these. Especially, not at the $20 price range. :(
UtterFool

Unread post by UtterFool »

DragonSoul wrote:No, it's the cards themselves. While they look great, I do not like the way they feel. Just like the Kraken Rum cards I got recently, they leave an odd feeling residue on my fingers. I don't know who made the Kraken cards but, I had never encountered that on any deck before and now here it is again :(
Mr. Soul

Have you changed hand soaps recently?
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Regarding the chemical smell... it's definitely there, and I defnitely do not like it, but I'm glad that it's nowhere near as powerful out of the box as it was with Legends v1 and the black Legends. Luckily, that smell goes away with time and use.
This space intentionally left blank.