Bicycle Double Black (KS)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Bikefanatic
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 333

Re: Bicycle Double Black (KS)

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I could understand if a person likes the deck but not the box so the "Limited Edition" tuck could be an alternate. Other than that, I won't give it.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

OK FOUR DIFFERENT TUCK CASES OF THE SAME DECK IS JUST RIDICULOUS. TWO DIFFERENT LE THAT ARE 80% IDENTICAL ?!

I'm thinking of dropping my pledge just because of this bs.
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

MagikFingerz wrote:
vjose32 wrote: So basically they took your art without your permission and you're ok with that? And btw pass. There is no reason to have 4 different boxes with the same deck especially 2 limited ones that are nearly identical. Can anyone say cash grab?
They bought the art from him. Please don't be so quick to pass judgement, Victor.
If it weren't for you guys I'd have never have known they were being produced and neither would gambler's warehouse know about me. They didn't know who I was and Im very excited to be working with them.

This comment makes it sound otherwise. Sounds like he didn't know they weren't being produced.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

vjose32 wrote:
MagikFingerz wrote:
vjose32 wrote: So basically they took your art without your permission and you're ok with that? And btw pass. There is no reason to have 4 different boxes with the same deck especially 2 limited ones that are nearly identical. Can anyone say cash grab?
They bought the art from him. Please don't be so quick to pass judgement, Victor.
If it weren't for you guys I'd have never have known they were being produced and neither would gambler's warehouse know about me. They didn't know who I was and Im very excited to be working with them.

This comment makes it sound otherwise. Sounds like he didn't know they weren't being produced.
I didn't say "I think they bought the art". They bought the art. Jeez, try to think before you post accusations and rumors. For once :roll:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
volantangel

vjose32 wrote:
MagikFingerz wrote:

He did the artwork for a design firm, the firm then sold the rights to the image to gamblers, so yes he indirectly sold the artwork to gamblers
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

volantangel wrote:
vjose32 wrote:
MagikFingerz wrote:

He did the artwork for a design firm, the firm then sold the rights to the image to gamblers, so yes he indirectly sold the artwork to gamblers
Ok thanks for clarifying that. I wasn't trying to make accusations, and I apologize if that's what it sounded like, I was simply quoting what the guy posted which sounded like he had no idea they had his art, what does that sound like to you?
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

vjose32 wrote: Ok thanks for clarifying that. I wasn't trying to make accusations, I was simply quoting what the guy posted which sounded like he had no idea they had his art, what does that sound like to you?
It sounds like someone who didn't get their art stolen and used without their consent. If they did, they wouldn't be as cheerful as him. Logic is funny like that.
- Tom

Check out my collection

vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

No not stolen but it still sounds like he had no idea they were using his art. Who is this supposed third party that sold the art?
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Gamblers Warehouse »

Circle City Cards
http://www.playingcards.net Best Store for the Finest and Widest Selection of Playing Cards
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

Oh ok
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

You seriously gotta knock it off with the uninformed accusations Victor.
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

Eoghann wrote:You seriously gotta knock it off with the uninformed accusations Victor.
My apologies, I misunderstood/misinterpreted the designers comment, I didn't mean anything by it, just questioned it is all, geez.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

vjose32 wrote:
Eoghann wrote:You seriously gotta knock it off with the uninformed accusations Victor.
My apologies, I misunderstood/misinterpreted the designers comment, I didn't mean anything by it, just questioned it is all, geez.
It's not the questioning, it's the way you ask them. Next time try to ask questions without making assumptions. Like instead of this:
vjose32 wrote:So basically they took your art without your permission and you're ok with that?
...you could have just asked "Jonny, what's your connection to Gambler's Warehouse? How did they acquire your artwork?"
- Tom

Check out my collection

Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

vjose32 wrote:
I mean in general. Can't have people flat out calling designers/other users thieves, scammers or any other type of name calling. There are much better ways to go about expressing such concerns or ideas.

And that goes for everybody, including staff.
volantangel

OK BACK TO THE TOPIC ! WHY IS THERE A NEED FOR 4 DIFFERENT TUCK CASES FOR THIS DECK ?
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

There is no need.
Jonnypowpow
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by Jonnypowpow »

Sorry for the misunderstanding. What's been stated previously by others previously is true.
I'll just TL/DR it for you:
I built the art originally for Circle City Cards who the sold the rights after I was paid (without my knowledge which is their right) to Gambler's Warehouse who then contacted me to involve me in finishing and refining the deck I think majorly based on the reactions they were getting from their kickstarter page and from the invaluable info they got from you guys.
Eoghann wrote:Definitely sold on the court cards. The tuck and back need some work.
I do see it from the collector stand point and know springing for four different boxes seems a little rough however, I personally think its pretty awesome when a company offers multiple options based on feedback their own fans have asked for. I really think thats what they are trying to provide for you guys and I really applaud their efforts to try to meet the everyone's demands.

The truth of the matter is GW didn't have to involve me at all in the project but did contact me and have been completely fair and forthcoming and just straight up rad in all their dealings with me and I am very impressed by their company and employees as a whole. I feel they have really gone out of their way to try to bring you what you guys are asking for and I hope you guys can appreciate the amount of time work and energy that has gone into this project. I am super grateful to everyone who has backed the project and made it a success. It's really exciting to me to see you guys respond the way you have to the work I've done and know this community can truly be a great resource and inspiration. Thanks again to all who've pledged, supported or provided feedback in any way.
Don Boyer

Unread post by Don Boyer »

It is nice to have that variety. It's also important for collectors to remember they're not obligated in any way to buy every single different tuck box variant. It's better that you control your hobby rather than the other way around.

BTW: I do like the design.
VP/Dir. of Club Forum/Chair Diamond Awards Cmte., 52 Plus Joker Club - http://52plusjoker.org/
Proprietor, Don Boyer Magic - http://donboyermagic.com/
The Deck Tailor, a division of Don Boyer Magic - Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Sharps - http://www.thedecktailor.com/
volantangel

I sure as hell am not buying any of those LE decks. Theres definitely no need to have two different version of the LE decks, this is clearly a way to boost their sales with a "new" product, people saying otherwise are simply delusional.

This trend of bringing out LE decks in the late stages of the campaign to bring numbers up simply doesnt give me a good impression about the creators. Is there a justification for the LE decks ? What is special that makes it more premium than the regular deck to justify that price increase? Extra foil ? Extra embossing ? Different tuck paper? Special case ? Paper wrapped ?

Honestly looking through the comments, i have not seen one person asking for a different tuck case. Could there be some through Pms ? Sure, but its definitely not a public opinion.

Looking at the takings from the last 2 days, which is approx $2000, or about 150 decks at $14 a pop. Dont think these are going as well as they had expected.

Ps. This has clearly nothing to do with the design, but i dont like the new design of the LE tuckcase, it just seems forced.
Don Boyer

Unread post by Don Boyer »

volantangel wrote:I sure as hell am not buying any of those LE decks. Theres definitely no need to have two different version of the LE decks, this is clearly a way to boost their sales with a "new" product, people saying otherwise are simply delusional.

This trend of bringing out LE decks in the late stages of the campaign to bring numbers up simply doesnt give me a good impression about the creators. Is there a justification for the LE decks ? What is special that makes it more premium than the regular deck to justify that price increase? Extra foil ? Extra embossing ? Different tuck paper? Special case ? Paper wrapped ?

Honestly looking through the comments, i have not seen one person asking for a different tuck case. Could there be some through Pms ? Sure, but its definitely not a public opinion.

Looking at the takings from the last 2 days, which is approx $2000, or about 150 decks at $14 a pop. Dont think these are going as well as they had expected.

Ps. This has clearly nothing to do with the design, but i dont like the new design of the LE tuckcase, it just seems forced.
No one should ever buy into that whole "gotta get 'em all" mentality - it's what drives the creations of these special editions in the first place. If we as collectors just put the brakes on and said "No, I don't want to buy the same deck in umpteen different boxes," maybe, finally, designers would stop making them. But even if they never stop, so what? Just buy what you want - what you REALLY want, and not what you think you HAVE to get.

I love a good deck as much as the next guy, but the multiple-versions thing is just too much. Don't buy into it! You're not buying these as some kind of investment - at the least, you really shouldn't be. Get just enough to make you happy, or really, what the hell's the point of the whole hobby?
VP/Dir. of Club Forum/Chair Diamond Awards Cmte., 52 Plus Joker Club - http://52plusjoker.org/
Proprietor, Don Boyer Magic - http://donboyermagic.com/
The Deck Tailor, a division of Don Boyer Magic - Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Sharps - http://www.thedecktailor.com/
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

As good as the Unlimited Black Federal 52 Reserve tuck looks, I just can't buy. The Plunder deck of the Steampunk Pirates should've been the normal deck. I wasn't interested in the Dia Los Muertos LE tuck or White Allure's Gold tuck. People should buy whatever they want but you have people that wanna be in competition or just have to have everything. That's fine if they can afford it.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Don Boyer wrote:No one should ever buy into that whole "gotta get 'em all" mentality - it's what drives the creations of these special editions in the first place. If we as collectors just put the brakes on and said "No, I don't want to buy the same deck in umpteen different boxes," maybe, finally, designers would stop making them. But even if they never stop, so what? Just buy what you want - what you REALLY want, and not what you think you HAVE to get.

I love a good deck as much as the next guy, but the multiple-versions thing is just too much. Don't buy into it! You're not buying these as some kind of investment - at the least, you really shouldn't be. Get just enough to make you happy, or really, what the hell's the point of the whole hobby?
I couldn't agree more, but - with the announcement from HOPC that they are coming out with multiple colors of their wonderful NOC v3 decks, I am certain we're going to see people that "have to have them". Why? We'll never know, and they won't either.

Does anybody know what NOC stands for? Apparently they don't, because I asked and nobody there has a clue. Maybe it's "Never One Color"? Let's see - there are already about 12 or 14 varieties of the NOC decks, and we're going to add another 5 or 6? Puh-lease...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

I believe NOC stands for nothing only color.
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

(volantangel): Costs do go high when there are only 500 tucks produced instead of 2500. Plus seals as well.
Secondly we have so many personal messages demanding such decks and who appreciated as well. If you want we could list them here but that a time wastage. Also for your information Limited versions are almost sold out just 100 approx of each left.
Kickstarter is not the only platform where they are sold. Gamblers Warehouse has a lot of wholesale customers who have pre-booked them already.
If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Regards
Eddie
http://www.playingcards.net Best Store for the Finest and Widest Selection of Playing Cards
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

We are resellers of playing cards and we know that collectors do take decks with slight variations in which they are really interested. I will quote a new one being released by Misc. Goods Playing Cards and the difference is only the color change to Green. You guys have already seen White, Black & Red.
But still we have to buy all those versions as we know that our customers would be searching for them & there is demand.
volantangel

Retailers sure have the advantage when playing the KS game, nothing inherently wrong with that. I simply dont see a justification for two different LE decks that are almost identical at first glance, but to each of his own.
TLZ1979

Unread post by TLZ1979 »

also seems to make the 1000 limited unbranded deck pretty pointless as well. As why buy that when you can buy 1 of each of the 2 x 500's decks.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Gamblers Warehouse wrote:We are resellers of playing cards and we know that collectors do take decks with slight variations in which they are really interested. I will quote a new one being released by Misc. Goods Playing Cards and the difference is only the color change to Green. You guys have already seen White, Black & Red.
But still we have to buy all those versions as we know that our customers would be searching for them & there is demand.
Eddie, these aren't just color changes, but we (UC as a whole) are just tired of things like the HOPC NOC v3 deck recolors "coming soon". To each their own as always. One thing for certain: you are never going to please everybody, that's just the way it is when you have such a divergent group of people that includes magicians, cardists and card collectors - in certain aspects they all want different things or at least want certain aspects to be different at least. I know that Johnny has enjoyed the exposure with the Double Black decks and I think it's pretty much universal that we are hoping that GW _does_ offer a version of the original full-color courts that we had already seen some time ago. I'm also pretty sure that people here that supported 4PM Designs' "Legends Decks" are happy that GW picked those up as well!

As this project comes to an end we're looking forward to whatever comes next and hope that you will give us a chance to help make that next project better before you launch. It's always better to get some guidance and pointers here before the project starts because of that same thing: the diversified membership that touches on all aspects of playing cards including all combinations of those three major group: magicians, cardists and collectors.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

I am confused... Perhaps the fever...
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Coming Soon...
Attachments
f31bdde04eb481387b19cad773eee318_large.png
f31bdde04eb481387b19cad773eee318_large.png (297.89 KiB) Viewed 947 times