Hi, it's great to be here!

Where are you from and what are your interests?
Don Boyer
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Hi, it's great to be here!

Unread post by Don Boyer »

Hey, United Cardists,

I'm new to here but hopefully many of you with "dual citizenship" are familiar with me over at the Discourse, where I'm the head administrator. Mike Ratledge has visited our forum on many occasions and I felt it was time to do likewise.

A little about me - I live in New York, I've been collecting cards (and performing magic) for close to three-and-a-half years now. After having a terrible divorce, I now have a lovely wife for nearly two years, and we met about three years ago. I'm also in a unique position for me - stepfather to two boys, one a college grad working in film and living independently, the other working through his freshman high school year and living with us.

I enjoy movies ranging from action-packed blockbusters to foreign thrillers to thought-provoking independent features. I'm a big solitaire player, enjoy the occasional video game (PS3 and iOS being the platforms of choice) and have a collection I estimate to have 1,700-1,800 decks - a fact my wife is less than thrilled with but tolerates because we love each other so much! I like to read, but rarely seem to have enough time to do so, and I work once a month as a volunteer at a hospital in Brooklyn, performing magic for children in the pediatric unit and the pediatric emergency room.

The volunteer work is very rewarding, especially when I can do something like distract a child from the pain they're in or make them less nervous about being in what they see as such a strange and scary place. It's the kind of work you couldn't pay me for, because the work itself is just too rewarding as it is.

Favorite TV shows currently on the air would include NCIS, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Orphan Black, Intelligence, the Big Bang Theory and the Walking Dead. I really enjoyed Breaking Bad and want to get caught up on Fargo while it's still new.

Any questions? I'm happy to answer.
VP/Dir. of Club Forum/Chair Diamond Awards Cmte., 52 Plus Joker Club - http://52plusjoker.org/
Proprietor, Don Boyer Magic - http://donboyermagic.com/
The Deck Tailor, a division of Don Boyer Magic - Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Sharps - http://www.thedecktailor.com/
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Hi, it's great to be here!

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Good to see you here, Don!

Haven't been over at the PCF in a while, I trust everything is going well still?
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Welcome, Don! I really appreciate you dropping by and hope that it continues going forward. We all have a lot of common interests, obviously, and putting our collective heads together can only benefit us all in the long run. I am headed to bed for now, but I will write more in the morning when I get up and going. I am off until Wednesday now that I have my four 10's in. Talk soon!
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Don Boyer

Unread post by Don Boyer »

MagikFingerz wrote:Good to see you here, Don!

Haven't been over at the PCF in a while, I trust everything is going well still?
Pretty well. In fact, we just started a deck design contest sponsored by Expert PCC - winner gets his deck printed and receives three gross, free of charge. I made a topic for it here.

Mike: sounds good, looking forward to hearing from you.
VP/Dir. of Club Forum/Chair Diamond Awards Cmte., 52 Plus Joker Club - http://52plusjoker.org/
Proprietor, Don Boyer Magic - http://donboyermagic.com/
The Deck Tailor, a division of Don Boyer Magic - Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Sharps - http://www.thedecktailor.com/
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Excellent! I'm headed out to visit my dad's mountain house because it's his 85th birthday and we're having a little surprise party with mostly family, so I'm going to be out of the loop today until at least 8 or 9 tonight, but I'll check in some time this evening after we get out of the family fiasco...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
lolo

Unread post by lolo »

Welcome !
My collection
The French Touch with english grammatical errors copyrighted by myself
ivan

Unread post by ivan »

Welcome Don!

:D