Bicycle Porcelain

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Bicycle Porcelain

Unread post by CBJ »

This deck is now on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bicycle-Porcela ... 417ec77389" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Re: Bicycle Porcelain

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Though the back is a one way, it looks acceptable either way you look at it. It might be a standard deck with blue colored courts but seems like the spades could be navy.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

If nothing else, it looks like it would be a nice fanning deck. Not much else, but there's not exactly an abundance of fanning decks :roll:

Hopefully they'll be sold somewhere else, $20 for one deck + shipping is too much.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

The link I posted the decks are $10
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

But look at the shipping Jason $18 a deck total

EDIT: Plus when the horse deck came out and a few other they were like $14 overseas and I jumped on them just to see the same deck made available at $6 on Bicycle website. I am going to wait a bit for this one
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Does Bicycle tend to do these region exclusives often? I don't know that many.

In any case, I'll wait as well. I like these. I can appreciate the beauty of a one way back and how you can make up to four fans out of a well placed art.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

badpete69 wrote:But look at the shipping Jason $18 a deck total

EDIT: Plus when the horse deck came out and a few other they were like $14 overseas and I jumped on them just to see the same deck made available at $6 on Bicycle website. I am going to wait a bit for this one
Gotten screwed the same way, Badpete. Really like the deck but will join you other guys in waiting to see whether Bicycle releases it here.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I like this theme. Very interesting. Almost as if it's another Transducer deck edition. I wish the back were two-way. And as much I'd like to see custom courts, I have no idea what they could be. Custom pips might have been cool too.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

vasta41 wrote:I like this theme. Very interesting. Almost as if it's another Transducer deck edition. I wish the back were two-way. And as much I'd like to see custom courts, I have no idea what they could be. Custom pips might have been cool too.
Yes Vasta, I don't understand how a artist or company can come up with such a beautiful tuck and back and turn their back on like stylized courts, pips, aces and jokers. It's like putting a Mercedes body on a rusted truck chassis. Kickstartr has spoiled us, but in a damn good way.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Widdee wrote:
vasta41 wrote:I like this theme. Very interesting. Almost as if it's another Transducer deck edition. I wish the back were two-way. And as much I'd like to see custom courts, I have no idea what they could be. Custom pips might have been cool too.
Yes Vasta, I don't understand how a artist or company can come up with such a beautiful tuck and back and turn their back on like stylized courts, pips, aces and jokers. It's like putting a Mercedes body on a rusted truck chassis. Kickstartr has spoiled us, but in a damn good way.
Since they have standard jokers, I'm sure this is another official deck (that's early on ebay like War Horse was). In which case, I can understand it perfectly. It's still a missed opportunity for USPCC though, but they've saved money on artwork before and they'll do it again :roll:
- Tom

Check out my collection

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

MagikFingerz wrote:
Widdee wrote:
Since they have standard jokers, I'm sure this is another official deck (that's early on ebay like War Horse was). In which case, I can understand it perfectly. It's still a missed opportunity for USPCC though, but they've saved money on artwork before and they'll do it again :roll:
I agree with you guys but the way I look at it it this: They're mostly Club 808 decks but the USPCC is finally starting to adopt some decks with custom courts and embossing and foil on their tucks. I feel like in the future the bar will be set so high that the USPCC will have no choice but to do all these things. Just think- a mere 2-3 years ago custom courts and things like metalic ink were considered a luxury. Now they're expected and practically standard.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

vasta41 wrote: I agree with you guys but the way I look at it it this: They're mostly Club 808 decks but the USPCC is finally starting to adopt some decks with custom courts and embossing and foil on their tucks. I feel like in the future the bar will be set so high that the USPCC will have no choice but to do all these things. Just think- a mere 2-3 years ago custom courts and things like metalic ink were considered a luxury. Now they're expected and practically standard.
You're right, times are a-changin' and USPCC has made some great decks through Club 808 in the recent past. Add in Jackson pushing them to break new boundaries and I'd say the future is looking bright. I'm just saying there won't ever be a time when USPCC only releases fully custom decks, and we can't expect them to do that either. The courts are USPCC-standard after all, so they themselves won't stop using them unless they get a new set of courts to replace them (and if they do, it won't take long for us to get bored with them as well).
- Tom

Check out my collection

badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Hey guys

As I had posted in the "hey..." thread, when i first bought this deck last month from Asia, along with other decks, my package got inspected by US customs and they opened my Porcelain deck to find .. yes you got it cards. I have since purchased another one and it made it ok this time. I have not seen this deck readily available and if someone is interested in buying my opened deck ( cards unused of course) you can have it for $8 shipping included in the US. Just PM me

EDIT: Deck is sold thank you
doobybrain

Unread post by doobybrain »

These were harder to track down than I expected which is a shame because I actually think these are some of the better Bicycle-branded decks to be released in the last year or so.
Attachments
IMG_6841.jpg
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

doobybrain wrote:These were harder to track down than I expected which is a shame because I actually think these are some of the better Bicycle-branded decks to be released in the last year or so.

Great pic!!!
Thanks for posting Herman.

Jay
CBJ

shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

If anyone else (in the US) is interested in the Porcelain deck, I have some extras that I can sell at 11 each plus shipping (USPS)...just PM me
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

Can you help me?

I had the original deck dated in 2014 with the blue background in the back. In PF52 it is cataloged as "China" version and the year is 2014.

I was looking for the "USA" version (with the background in white) after seeing it in Portfolio52 too released (according PF52) in 2015. It had the white background (in the back) and I got it today. Nevertheless, my deck has 2017 in the bottom so I wonder if there is another print run I have lost.

Could anyone confirm me if the 2015 edition really exists and, if anyone has one of those to sell/trade?

Thanks
flyers3003
White Whale: Original Rarebit

Unread post by flyers3003 »

max wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:07 pm
Could anyone confirm me if the 2015 edition really exists and, if anyone has one of those to sell/trade?

Thanks
Can confirm they exist as I have one in my hands in the picture
IMG_1627.jpg
IMG_1629.jpg

I don't have extras but they are on ebay?:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bicycle-Porcel ... SwLVZVxSn4