Sherlock Holmes Decks by Jackson Robinson; Shipping complete

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Eoghann
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: New Sherlock Holmes Deck by Jackson Robinson

Unread post by Eoghann »

Will you be able to tell the gilded apart from the other LE without opening them?
What's funny is that most likely who's gonna buy it is the type who won't open it due to it's rarity. So gilded edges or not, won't matter.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Eoghann wrote:Will you be able to tell the gilded apart from the other LE without opening them?
What's funny is that most likely who's gonna buy it is the type who won't open it due to it's rarity. So gilded edges or not, won't matter.
You collectors are crazy! :D :D :D
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
White Whale: Hermes 2 Deck Set
Decks Owned: 78623

Unread post by JacksonRobinson »

You will totally be able to tell the difference, the ungilded Bakerstreets will have a metallic gold seal that is numbered xxx/856ish and say Limited Edition Bakerstreet

The gilded versions will have xxx/144 and say BakerStreet Gold Edition.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

JacksonRobinson wrote:You will totally be able to tell the difference, the ungilded Bakerstreets will have a metallic gold seal that is numbered xxx/856ish and say Limited Edition Bakerstreet

The gilded versions will have xxx/144 and say BakerStreet Gold Edition.
I do want one of those xxx/144 decks because they are different from the rest... even if it would say 1/1444 or 1/14400 (like some other limited editions I have) I would like to have one... Because I supposed to have the whole collection of those decks, and I am a serious and crazy collector of sealed different tuck cases. That's MY problem and MY frustration. Nothing to do with you
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Lotrek wrote:
Eoghann wrote:Will you be able to tell the gilded apart from the other LE without opening them?
Now Lotrek, if you had a ultra-rare stamp would you put it on an envelope and mail it to yourself just so you could see what it looked like canceled? ;)
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Widdee wrote:
Lotrek wrote:
Now Lotrek, if you had a ultra-rare stamp would you put it on an envelope and mail it to yourself just so you could see what it looked like canceled? ;)
YES,YES,YES!!! That would be soooo crazy thing to do! :D :D :D

But if I owned a very rare deck whose rarity was inside the box, no question, I would open it. ;)
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Widdee wrote: Now Lotrek, if you had a ultra-rare stamp would you put it on an envelope and mail it to yourself just so you could see what it looked like canceled? ;)
Pretty sure that's the plot to Brewster's Millions ;)
DukeBoy
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

nope it is Charade’s plot.
10-4 over and out
Sher

Unread post by Sher »

JacksonRobinson wrote:I'm not going to print extra for a buffer as that would defeat the purpose of the rarity I will just refund your money.
Does this mean that if I get a BakerStreet LE Edition that's damaged in the mail, I won't be able to get a replacement, only a refund?
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Sher143 wrote:
JacksonRobinson wrote:I'm not going to print extra for a buffer as that would defeat the purpose of the rarity I will just refund your money.
Does this mean that if I get a BakerStreet LE Edition that's damaged in the mail, I won't be able to get a replacement, only a refund?
Here were the options given for the Fed 52 Black LE backers who got damaged decks:
Damaged LE Black Reserve Notes

If you are a backer that received a damaged Limited Edition Unbranded Black Reserve Note, these are your options. Just to repeat, this is only for backers who received a damaged Limited Edition Unbranded Black Reserve Note.

If you are a backer who received a damaged LE Unbranded Black Reserve Note Deck you have two options. As you know only 1000 of these deck were produced. During the project 996 were sold and while the reminding 4 decks, are for myself as a keepsake of what the Federal 52 project has meant to me. Because of this reason, no exchanges can be made as there is no surplus inventory of the Black LE Reserve Notes. I am truly sorry if you received a damaged Black LE.

Option A: You may keep the deck "as is" and file a claim with the USPS for the damages of the $40 pledge. I will also send you ONE complimentary deck of your choice: either the White Reserve Note or Silver Certificate, Branded or Unbranded.

Option B: You may return the damaged deck back and receive a full 100% refund for both the deck and any shipping you incurred returning it.
I did a count up earlier of the amount of Baker Street LE decks and it was right around the 850ish range (got lost in the UC reboot and I'm not going to do the math again). In this case I agree with Jackson's position, not much else can be done (of course, awesome packaging is important on these high-ticket items).

I will not be one of the ones getting a "gilded" deck. Gotta stop somewhere and that's the point for me. I'm sure there are enough people out there who will snap them up but I won't be one of them.
Sher

Unread post by Sher »

Thanks for the info Strag! I really hope the packaging will be better this time, since there seemed to be quite a number of damaged LE Black Reserve Notes during the previous campaign. I read somewhere that the percentage wasnt actually that much based on who filed a claim or something, but I was constantly watching eBay for them and I often came across dented ones (people with damaged ones were probably more likely to sell than those who got mine condition ones, but my point is that there were still quite a number, and I don't think everyone opted to claim or exchange since damaged ones still sold for around $65-$100). With the switch over to the new Kings Wild fulfillment, there will probably be less damaged decks. I think the refund or complimentary deck is fair, but I know I'd still be disappointed because I'd be looking forward to an undamaged LE item.
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Sher143 wrote:Thanks for the info Strag! I really hope the packaging will be better this time, since there seemed to be quite a number of damaged LE Black Reserve Notes during the previous campaign. I read somewhere that the percentage wasnt actually that much based on who filed a claim or something, but I was constantly watching eBay for them and I often came across dented ones (people with damaged ones were probably more likely to sell than those who got mine condition ones, but my point is that there were still quite a number, and I don't think everyone opted to claim or exchange since damaged ones still sold for around $65-$100). With the switch over to the new Kings Wild fulfillment, there will probably be less damaged decks. I think the refund or complimentary deck is fair, but I know I'd still be disappointed because I'd be looking forward to an undamaged LE item.
I agree, luckily as an international backer by the time mine shipped they had sorted the packaging issues. I still got a weird sort of rarity... mine were actually hand numbered (numbers 16 & 17). Apparently there were issues with the holographic stickers on the low numbers and so a small amount (probably <20) were hand numbered. So seems like mine are super-rare :lol: .
Sher

Unread post by Sher »

Strag wrote:
Sher143 wrote:Thanks for the info Strag! I really hope the packaging will be better this time, since there seemed to be quite a number of damaged LE Black Reserve Notes during the previous campaign. I read somewhere that the percentage wasnt actually that much based on who filed a claim or something, but I was constantly watching eBay for them and I often came across dented ones (people with damaged ones were probably more likely to sell than those who got mint condition ones, but my point is that there were still quite a number, and I don't think everyone opted to claim or exchange since damaged ones still sold for around $65-$100). With the switch over to the new Kings Wild fulfillment, there will probably be less damaged decks. I think the refund or complimentary deck is fair, but I know I'd still be disappointed because I'd be looking forward to an undamaged LE item.
I agree, luckily as an international backer by the time mine shipped they had sorted the packaging issues. I still got a weird sort of rarity... mine were actually hand numbered (numbers 16 & 17). Apparently there were issues with the holographic stickers on the low numbers and so a small amount (probably <20) were hand numbered. So seems like mine are super-rare :lol: .
I consider myself semi-international. Lol. Mine probably ship along with all the other domestic orders, because I live in the U.S., but it's takes much longer than domestic orders because once it gets to Hawaii, there's a 5-7 day wait before it gets to this little island in the Pacific. Not so bad, but yeah, there's a chance shipping issues won't be fixed before mine is shipped out.

Oh, that's really lucky! :D
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

I'm still waiting for my order to arrive (from Federal 52 part II)! I'm a little afraid, as I already contacted Jackson but still no answer!
montecarlojoe

Coming to my home town: http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2 ... heme-park/

I believe this will also act as a museum as it will house a significant proportion of the Richard Lancelyn bequest http://www.conandoylecollection.co.uk/ which was probably the larges private Conan Doyle collections. (I think they still look for further material donations too)
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
White Whale: Hermes 2 Deck Set
Decks Owned: 78623

Unread post by JacksonRobinson »

In response to everyones comments and critiques I have chosen to NOT proceed with creating a short limited run of Gold Gilded Edged Baker Street Editions. The print run will remain at the originally intended 1000 decks and all those wishing to own the complete series will do so.

Thanks as always for you comments, they are always taken into consideration.
Sher

Unread post by Sher »

JacksonRobinson wrote:In response to everyones comments and critiques I have chosen to NOT proceed with creating a short limited run of Gold Gilded Edged Baker Street Editions. The print run will remain at the originally intended 1000 decks and all those wishing to own the complete series will do so.

Hi Jackson, thanks for taking backers' comments into consideration. I just want you to know that I believe you thought of the gilded decks with good intent. I know some people are upset because they thought that pledging for the LE decks would give them the best of the best, and that the gilded decks devalued the original LE decks, but I'm sure that wasn't your intention and you were just interested in getting an even better product available to us. I'm looking forward to receiving my Sherlock decks. :)

EDIT: fixed a grammatical error (you're vs. your; I swear I know the difference - I blame my phone's autocorrect).
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

JacksonRobinson wrote:In response to everyones comments and critiques I have chosen to NOT proceed with creating a short limited run of Gold Gilded Edged Baker Street Editions. The print run will remain at the originally intended 1000 decks and all those wishing to own the complete series will do so.

Speaking as someone who wasn't really bothered either way; I think that's very big of you, Jackson. Nobody can please everyone all the time, but you seem to be doing your best at every opportunity. I'm sure you'll gather a very dedicated following that way.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Personally I am tired of the whiners and their value/devalue arguments. I for one was looking forward to the gilded decks. In the end Jackson should be able to do what he wants with any of his projects without having people complain they can't afford everything or can't get the said items etc etc.

We have other creators that have done much more limited gilded decks like UUSI on Pagan, I do not remember any outrage. Paul has very limited decks with laser etched tuck boxes etc etc . It's all great. Not everyone can get everything but imagine for one second if Jackson did 500 gilded decks.. I bet they would sell out in under one hour. Why limit your business and potential??

Anyway enough said hehe. It is what it is You cannot please everyone and that will always be true
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

There has been a mistake in the Moriarty Edition decks, where some of the names are incorrectly labels (look at the picture). Jackson has offered the option of refunds to those who would not like to have the decks due to the error. Im unsure about this one, what do you guys think ?

montecarlojoe

It is what it is - I've chosen not to take a refund. He's done what he can to make things right, but the deck is still happening. What if there were a corrected second edition down the road (we know Jackson has the rights for the next 5 years) - this could turn out to be quite the curio.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

I'm keeping it as well. Really it affects mostly those who open the decks. I suggested reprinting just the affected cards with EPCC or something. But the crew said that would be too costly and most likely not match the rest of the deck.

I remember some decks did something like that in the past. Was it the oblivion deck?
mmiikk

Unread post by mmiikk »

i believe it was the queen from the altruism deck that was replaced individually
volantangel

This is how I feel, copied from the KS comments:

"I dont like how some of the comments indicate that the error is actually a good thing, and it makes the deck more valuable. Honestly the seals on the decks, would indicate that these are from the KS campaign, since it is already individually number, the error does not make it more valuable in any way. In the world of antique books, typically theres no indication of a first edition book, and these known errors are what distinguishes the book from a later printing and hence the increase in value. This is not a result of the error itself, I hope that the people will start to see this fact. The error however regrettable, is an error, and is not a positive.

I do agree with Jackson's actions of providing refunds to those who are unhappy with the error, which i feel is a good starting point. However most would see this as a one time chance of getting the deck, hence we suck up the error and go with it. What i feel Jackson should do is to go the extra mile, do a little more than just providing the option for a refund, throw in a coin or a dice or an extra deck as an apology for the error, heck i think most would be happy with a extra set of stickers. Afterall we did pay for a product expecting perfection."

I think more than 90% will keep their pledges, myself included.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Those would probably be the scalpers. Already rubbing their hands thinking about how valuable the deck can be. What's silly is that right now it's a misprinted deck, plain and simple. It would only have high monetary value if Jackson were to reprint the deck.
volantangel

Eoghann wrote:Those would probably be the scalpers. Already rubbing their hands thinking about how valuable the deck can be. What's silly is that right now it's a misprinted deck, plain and simple. It would only have high monetary value if Jackson were to reprint the deck.
Not really, they would be more valuable if only a couple were misprinted (like misprinted money), not the whole batch being misprint. Haha honestly this misprinted version = v1, non-misprinted version (if happening) = v2. Hardly rare if every other deck is "misprinted" right ?
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Yeah I guess. That's not gonna stop people from selling the "rare! Misprint edition!" on eBay I bet. Defies logic but some poor sap will definitely fall for it.
samurai007

Unread post by samurai007 »

Like many/most/all(?), I'm keeping the deck and not asking for a refund. There will likely never be another printing, so I'll take it as it is, flaws and all. The only way I'd ask for a refund is if the deck were functionally unusable ("Oops, every card in the deck was printed as a Hearts suit!"). But if that were the case, I'd hope and expect USPCC to fix that free of charge, since it becomes unplayable as a deck of cards.
volantangel

Eoghann wrote:Yeah I guess. That's not gonna stop people from selling the "rare! Misprint edition!" on eBay I bet. Defies logic but some poor sap will definitely fall for it.
Hahah i dont even think that was something cooked up by Jackson or his team, some bloke just thought he had just broken the bank with this "windfall", and couldnt feel luckier. I just feel appalled by some of the comments.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

It's absolutely an honest mistake. Shit happens. I can relate, I work in a sign company and we work for huge corporations like Yankees and Mets who swamp us with jobs. We have the design team and production team required to proofread all jobs, yet sometimes catch the error after everything has been installed or the customer points it out. Whoops.