Ellusionist Cyber-Monday

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Firthetic
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: Ellusionist Cyber-Monday

Unread post by Firthetic »

Grr... I'm just sore I missed out on the three free Artifice decks for the Gaff System sale. Oh well! :(
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Firthetic wrote:Grr... I'm just sore I missed out on the three free Artifice decks for the Gaff System sale. Oh well! :(
If you haven't already bought the Gaff System, you can still order it and get those extra decks. The deal has been extended through to 9am tomorrow, if I understand their Facebook posts correctly.

To be fair (and I am NOT an E apologist), they *did* release new decks this season... they just released them a week or two before Black Friday (Purple LTD, White LTD if you bought a $35 DVD, and their new gaff deck). Okay, granted, that's two re-colors and a gaff deck, so nothing really "new" for the cardists who don't do magic, but I'll note that the Legends V2 and the Black JAQKs are also re-colors.

That said...

How do they get caught off guard by their web site crashing every single time they start up the hype-machine for big sales or new releases? How does that happen? I am very, very familiar with the technical work that goes on behind the scenes at e-railers. I have worked for both the largest online retailer in the world as well as a small web shop that sells only one product, and only on the web. When your livelihood is your web site... there's no good reason for this kind of thing to keep happening. I know it's not easy work, believe me, but I simply cannot understand why it happens every single time they run this exercise.
This space intentionally left blank.
Firthetic

rousselle wrote:
Firthetic wrote:Grr... I'm just sore I missed out on the three free Artifice decks for the Gaff System sale. Oh well! :(
If you haven't already bought the Gaff System, you can still order it and get those extra decks. The deal has been extended through to 9am tomorrow, if I understand their Facebook posts correctly.
Many thanks for the info Rousselle, but I placed my order for a few Gaffs last Friday so I guess I missed out on 18 free decks. The shipping to Singapore would've been a killer with the added weight though so it's kind of a mixed blessing. :|
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

|| CYBER MONDAY DEALS EXTENDED || Due to the problems experienced with congestion today, we have extended all our Cyber Monday Deals until 11:59pm EST Tuesday, December 3rd (Midnight). If you're unable to check out currently, we suggest you try coming back at another time when the number of people on the site has dropped to a manageable level.

Yes - poorly planned. As always. They had errors when they started their holiday giveaway - and there wasn't even a deal. They are just horribly incompetent.
Nevermind that NO ONE has had their Gaff System shipped ("slow truck"). But only those from tonight and tomorrow will get the three decks thrown in.
I'd suggest everyone with a Gaff in their order simply cancel it and re-order. (Especially if there's a dozen Madison decks in those held orders!)
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Firthetic wrote:Many thanks for the info Rousselle, but I placed my order for a few Gaffs last Friday so I guess I missed out on 18 free decks. The shipping to Singapore would've been a killer with the added weight though so it's kind of a mixed blessing. :|
Ouch!

Sorry to hear that you missed the give-away. Yeah, a mixed blessing, I'm sure, but still. That's a drag.

As hikeeba mentions above, maybe you want to consider canceling and re-placing your order? It's not like it has shipped yet...
This space intentionally left blank.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

I tried following the action, or lack thereof, on Facebook and it was a disaster from the start.

Rousselle, you make several very good points. I quit messing with FB after about an hour and wondered why the hell they weren't just using their website. As for the recolored decks, why not save them for a Black Friday or Cyber Monday release to add some spice and excitement to their sale? The Ltds are covered up by the releases this weekend. Makes no sense.
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

hikeeba wrote:|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #8 || 30% OFF ALL COINS until Midnight tonight. Artifact and 1902 Half Dollars from just $4.90. Artifact Copper Dollars for a mere $8.40 each (save 3.69 per coin). Restock for your coin magic with these deals - today only. http://elusn.st/FlashCoins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #9 || Get 25% off the SHIFT Self Bending KEY - was $99 down to just $74.25. We’ve only got 50 at this price - and this deal ends at midnight tonight… probably. http://elusn.st/KeyedOff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AceOfHearts wrote:Someone explain please in some more details for people who are not very familiar of what this is exacly, what i mean is.. when you join after this above what else you get every month some free stuff? Does include Free international shipping? What stuff they send? Same question for USPCC Club 808... only for USA or international too?
Lessee - last year with the Black Club they sent a surprise early deck of Rounders with a letter signed by Daniel Madison, there was a free (you pay shipping) Gold Arcane uncut, they did a free Red Arcane with any order...
So, you get a one-day heads up on stuff, 3 downloads, buy a couple more Black Artifice (@ $18) & stuff like above. And a box. Mine ripped. But it has retained it's box-like form.
Except Black members didn't get a one day heads up on the flash sale. And other sales as well (I was lucky if I ever got more than 3-4 hours heads-up).

There was also a "get a free deck with purchase of an uncut" deal in which I was able to get a White Ghost, but in general... the worst purchase I made in 2012.
samwisethegray
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by samwisethegray »

It upsets and saddens me that they posted the gold arcane deal for $5 when it was freaking 2 in the morning here in California. I was on there all day yesterday waiting for them to post the deals and waiting to see when they were going to post the next 4 deals after their servers stopped sucking. Jake said in the comments that they would post them in the morning, NOT 5 am EST!!!! Its like they almost did that so early so only international people would buy them cause they are going to be the only ones awake at that time, and squeeze their shipping profits out of them. I couldn't believe that after I checked their FB at 7am PST, they posted that deal 5 hours ago. Why wouldn't they wait for their US customers to be awake? I dont understand......

I dont want to sound arrogant, or entitled, cause I am not, but I just do not know why they did this. Make people wait on the tip of their toes all night yesterday for no reason, and then they just push a deal out randomly in the middle of the night.
cosmicsecret
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

Well the deal was for $25 not $5 - just for people who dont know that he had a typo ;-)
And dont cry so much....there were plenty enough US people hammering the servers and facebook.
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

samwisethegray wrote:It upsets and saddens me that they posted the gold arcane deal for $5 when it was freaking 2 in the morning here in California. I was on there all day yesterday waiting for them to post the deals and waiting to see when they were going to post the next 4 deals after their servers stopped sucking. Jake said in the comments that they would post them in the morning, NOT 5 am EST!!!! Its like they almost did that so early so only international people would buy them cause they are going to be the only ones awake at that time, and squeeze their shipping profits out of them. I couldn't believe that after I checked their FB at 7am PST, they posted that deal 5 hours ago. Why wouldn't they wait for their US customers to be awake? I dont understand......

I dont want to sound arrogant, or entitled, cause I am not, but I just do not know why they did this. Make people wait on the tip of their toes all night yesterday for no reason, and then they just push a deal out randomly in the middle of the night.
LOL I guarantee you International people were not up for that one. Do you have any idea how much they (over) charge for shipping one deck? Believe me, the LAST thing that Ellusionist is is overly friendly to international buyers. Aside from Mike with his shipper savings program, no one really even takes us into consideration.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

cosmicsecret wrote:Well the deal was for $25 not $5 - just for people who dont know that he had a typo ;-)
And dont cry so much....there were plenty enough US people hammering the servers and facebook.
Best deal of the event IMO if you're strictly a card person, unfortunately the server was locked up and couldn't get any.
Firthetic

Strag wrote:
samwisethegray wrote:It upsets and saddens me that they posted the gold arcane deal for $5 when it was freaking 2 in the morning here in California. I was on there all day yesterday waiting for them to post the deals and waiting to see when they were going to post the next 4 deals after their servers stopped sucking. Jake said in the comments that they would post them in the morning, NOT 5 am EST!!!! Its like they almost did that so early so only international people would buy them cause they are going to be the only ones awake at that time, and squeeze their shipping profits out of them. I couldn't believe that after I checked their FB at 7am PST, they posted that deal 5 hours ago. Why wouldn't they wait for their US customers to be awake? I dont understand......

LOL I guarantee you International people were not up for that one. Do you have any idea how much they (over) charge for shipping one deck? Believe me, the LAST thing that Ellusionist is is overly friendly to international buyers. Aside from Mike with his shipper savings program, no one really even takes us into consideration.
I was up for that one, actually! I saw the Facebook update and got two in my cart, but kept getting a 500 error message. Just not my lucky day today.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

That's exactly what I got Firthetic. I had other products in my cart but dumped them. Had enough of that crap.
samwisethegray
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by samwisethegray »

Firthetic wrote:
Strag wrote:

I was up for that one, actually! I saw the Facebook update and got two in my cart, but kept getting a 500 error message. Just not my lucky day today.
Damn that sucks, that would of been the deal to get. So close!

Anyone here able to get through and order these?
BiggerDee

Unread post by BiggerDee »

It sounds like maybe 3 people were actually able to buy anything! I've read very few successful checkout reports.
cosmicsecret

|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #12 || From the small box of remaining Red Artifice Uncut Sheets left in our warehouse, we managed to put 50 aside and reduced them down to just $25 each. That’s a saving of over a massive 70% Off the regular price of these sheets of our Limited Edition Red Artifice deck. http://elusn.st/25MustBeATypo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Another amusing "lie" from Ellisionist.. you can currently buy White Ltd. for $25ea., however the page one where you can purchase them from says;
The White LTD is available in special promotions only. You can get one FREE this week when you pick up the newly released 'Lock, Stock and Riot DVD by Peter McKinnon' or when you purchase 12 Purple LTD decks.
So, is it for sale, or only as part of a special promotion?
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Strag wrote:Another amusing "lie" from Ellisionist.. you can currently buy White Ltd. for $25ea., however the page one where you can purchase them from says;
The White LTD is available in special promotions only. You can get one FREE this week when you pick up the newly released 'Lock, Stock and Riot DVD by Peter McKinnon' or when you purchase 12 Purple LTD decks.
So, is it for sale, or only as part of a special promotion?
I think they're calling the sale a special promotion. I added 12 purple LTDs to my cart AND the DVD but it didn't populate the White LTD... The DVD did however pop a "free" red LTD in my cart. All in all, not too bad.
cosmicsecret

Strag is right - the international shipping prices at E have been raised big times!
They charge you $47 to ship a brick of cards to Germany. Thats $20 more then others do.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

samwisethegray wrote:
Damn that sucks, that would of been the deal to get. So close!

Anyone here able to get through and order these?
They announced on Facebook they were embarrassed that so many people couldn't get through and they are extending the sale.

Then in the comments section they say that unfortunately the Gold Arcanes have long since been sold. What a joke!
BiggerDee

Unread post by BiggerDee »

They are extending the sale for the items that they still have in stock but the reason that they still have those in stock because so few people are interested in them.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Bingo BiggerDee! You nailed it.
Wildereachday

Unread post by Wildereachday »

Just saw this on their website, not sure if they made it public.

http://www.ellusionist.com/white-ltd-li ... cards.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$25 White LTD decks.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Limited to 144 - max 12 per person.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

BiggerDee wrote:It sounds like maybe 3 people were actually able to buy anything! I've read very few successful checkout reports.
Same even late last night. It took me 30 minutes and 3 tries to check out with 3 items in my cart. As soon as I did I tried to look at my order and I got an error saying that the server was down (again)...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

I got mine. 8-)
No matter where you go... there you are :|
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Sharpie wrote:I got mine. 8-)
They redeemed themselves to a degree, but damn they need to reconsider how they do this next time.
ivan

Unread post by ivan »

For those who wants to get their hand on the White LTDs.

Secret Deal for $25 to make up for the Gold Arcanes.

http://www.ellusionist.com/white-ltd-li ... cards.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

ivan wrote:For those who wants to get their hand on the White LTDs.

http://www.ellusionist.com/white-ltd-li ... cards.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'd rather have the gold arcanes. :|
No matter where you go... there you are :|
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Sharpie wrote:
ivan wrote:For those who wants to get their hand on the White LTDs.

http://www.ellusionist.com/white-ltd-li ... cards.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
I'd rather have the gold arcanes. :|
True, I skipped the $25 White LTD decks, but I couldn't resist getting a couple of Red Artifice uncuts the night before for the same price, plus I had a $7.50 discount using point and a 10% discount code, which means I actually paid just over $23 including shipping.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.