Clipped Wings - funded! on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: Clipped Wings

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

I need this deck immediatly ... that's not possible ? Oh cr*p :(
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
Strag
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Emmanuel wrote:Sharpie, I'm aiming for January/February :)

On your own or still through HOPC? I love your work and would rather more of my money went direct to you, plus I'm still not happy with them and the fact they reprinted your deck but did nothing to make it clear that it was a reprint, especially when it says "Ltd Artists Edition" on the tuck.
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Emmanuel »

Strag wrote: On your own or still through HOPC? I love your work and would rather more of my money went direct to you, plus I'm still not happy with them and the fact they reprinted your deck but did nothing to make it clear that it was a reprint, especially when it says "Ltd Artists Edition" on the tuck.
This deck will be on my own. It was originally a HOPC deck and it was supposed to be released in the early summer of this year, but multiple delays and other issues behind-the-scenes led me to end the agreement I had with them. I'll always be grateful for HOPC producing Curator, but it was time for me to manage things on my own.
cosmicsecret
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

samwisethegray wrote:
cosmicsecret wrote:
Sharpie wrote:
cosmicsecret wrote:Ive got got a uncut with your name on it sharpie,dont worry ;)
A Curator Uncut? :D
Or
A Clipped Wings Uncut? :D

Notice how either one would make me equally happy. ;)

S
A curator uncut sheet of course!
8-)

You don't happen to have any more of those beauties lying around do you?? =]
Sorry, i own only 2 and one of them is already framed on my wall waiting for the clipped wings uncut to hang next to it :)
Its like having 55 small art prints in one frame....yeah i stop now spraying salt into your wounds :P
Well, to be honest i have never seen one pop up on ebay or elsewhere for sale on the internet....so i guess its very rare that someone will
part with his one :ugeek:
samwisethegray
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by samwisethegray »

You don't happen to have any more of those beauties lying around do you?? =]
Sorry, i own only 2 and one of them is already framed on my wall waiting for the clipped wings uncut to hang next to it :)
Its like having 55 small art prints in one frame....yeah i stop now spraying salt into your wounds :P
Well, to be honest i have never seen one pop up on ebay or elsewhere for sale on the internet....so i guess its very rare that someone will
part with his one :ugeek:
Yeah, I have checked around and cannot find it anywhere. Enjoy yours!
UtterFool

Unread post by UtterFool »

You may not be able to get an actual uncut sheet anymore, but Emanuel sells prints of the cards together. Framed they look just like an uncut sheet and it has the bonus of being signed by the creator.
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

UtterFool wrote:You may not be able to get an actual uncut sheet anymore, but Emanuel sells prints of the cards together. Framed they look just like an uncut sheet and it has the bonus of being signed by the creator.
The duece, you say! Is this true, Emmanuel? :shock:
No matter where you go... there you are :|
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Sharpie wrote:
UtterFool wrote:You may not be able to get an actual uncut sheet anymore, but Emanuel sells prints of the cards together. Framed they look just like an uncut sheet and it has the bonus of being signed by the creator.
The duece, you say! Is this true, Emmanuel? :shock:
It's true! I've been offering one-sheet prints ever since I started having art shows. The prints have a matte finish, and they have slightly smaller dimensions than actual uncut sheets since they don't have the border of CMYK marks. The prints pictured here are from my Bridgewater, MA show, and the size of the frames are 28" x 22"

I'll include actual uncut sheets and the one-sheet prints as pledge rewards in the Kickstarter campaign.

Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Emmanuel wrote:
Strag wrote: On your own or still through HOPC? I love your work and would rather more of my money went direct to you, plus I'm still not happy with them and the fact they reprinted your deck but did nothing to make it clear that it was a reprint, especially when it says "Ltd Artists Edition" on the tuck.
This deck will be on my own. It was originally a HOPC deck and it was supposed to be released in the early summer of this year, but multiple delays and other issues behind-the-scenes led me to end the agreement I had with them. I'll always be grateful for HOPC producing Curator, but it was time for me to manage things on my own.
SO glad to hear this! Can't wait!
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Hi Mike, are the posts from Dec. 5 to Dec. 21 in this thread permanently gone?

Anywho, here are photos of the hardcover Collector's Art Book that will be a part of the Clipped Wings campaign. The campaign video will be filmed this coming weekend.

charlie81dbz

Unread post by charlie81dbz »

Emmanuel, that book looks so beautiful! I'm really hoping your project launches in late Feb, I'm so broke right now with everything already launched... :( I really hope I'm able to get half a brick of this deck (at least!) and an uncut if I can swing it. So glad it's getting close though! :D Now how about Sawdust? XD

As for the posts that were lost, I think they are gone for good unless Dan has any more magic left. To my understanding the backup they used to restore the site was from Dec 21st, so that's why everything after is no more. :\ It's a bummer, but I'm still glad it's back now.

charlie :)
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Looking REALLY nice, Emmanuel! Count me in for a couple of bricks and uncuts at least... You going to jump soon? UC2014 is likely to go Monday (10-Fed-2014 to 12-Mar-2014) right after "Requiem" decks is done.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, Emmanuel, I didn't see the first part of the original message again until after I had sent my first response above. I am certain at this point that those messages that were posted between 21-December-2013 and when we crashed due to non-payment on 19-January-2014 are gone, we have absolutely no way to recover those. In the future we are unable to lose more than 24 hours posts at most, likely average of 12 hours - if it's ever used. I don't think we will need to, but I'm ready if we do - 3 ways, daily backups by cPanel to the server itself, daily backups by CodeGuard to the 'cloud' where it can be restored with one click. I also weekly store a remote copy on my laptop and transfer that to my 2TB NAS.
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon

Unread post by chach »

Dear God I can't wait for this deck!! You're definitely going to make me go broke Emmanuel!

Hell, in the next month and half we have Origins & Requiem finishing up, UC 2014, Clipped Wings (I assume), Jackson's Army deck and possibly the other KW deck, The Hive (don't remember when that one is released though and too lazy to look it up right now.) And I'm sure I missed a few other bad ass decks.

Yep, going broke. Again.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

This is the first project where I would want to get the art book. Pretty sure no matter what you list up for offer I'll want at least one of each. Moar!
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Thank you everybody! I'm pushing my release to March since the campaign video still has to be filmed this weekend, and I don't know how long it'll take the editor to work on it. Also, I've been in touch with other deck designers and there would have been at least 4 deck campaigns launching in February alone.

I'm really pleased with how the art book turned out, and I'm wondering if I should include a Curator art book as part of the campaign as well (I'm already planning to have Curator prints as part of the Clipped Wings campaign). Would that be of any interest to anybody?
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Emmanuel wrote:Thank you everybody! I'm pushing my release to March since the campaign video still has to be filmed this weekend, and I don't know how long it'll take the editor to work on it. Also, I've been in touch with other deck designers and there would have been at least 4 deck campaigns launching in February alone.

I'm really pleased with how the art book turned out, and I'm wondering if I should include a Curator art book as part of the campaign as well (I'm already planning to have Curator prints as part of the Clipped Wings campaign). Would that be of any interest to anybody?
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

I should stop looking at the pictures you post. It just makes the wait more agonizing.
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Emmanuel wrote:I'm really pleased with how the art book turned out, and I'm wondering if I should include a Curator art book as part of the campaign as well (I'm already planning to have Curator prints as part of the Clipped Wings campaign). Would that be of any interest to anybody?
Yes yes, 1000 times yes!
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Emmanuel wrote:Thank you everybody! I'm pushing my release to March since the campaign video still has to be filmed this weekend, and I don't know how long it'll take the editor to work on it. Also, I've been in touch with other deck designers and there would have been at least 4 deck campaigns launching in February alone.

Oh, "but of course!", Emmanuel! I think a lot of us will be...
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

DukeBoy
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

Thanks for the push my wallet will need to cool off.
10-4 over and out
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

DukeBoy wrote:

One of my newer "plastic payment cards" (TM - Mike Ratledge) came with no raised name or numbers. I guess it looks pre-used, more-or-less like the others that went through the holiday season: Thankgiving Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and all those when each was burned at least once during that extended weekend.

I'm going to be paying off credit cards for another six months, I don't normally carry a balance. When you're looking at only 4 more payments on your mortgage, things start to look a little different! "Come on, June 1st!"... :P
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

DukeBoy wrote:

Haha, you're welcome!

So filming has wrapped up this weekend on the campaign video. It's simply a waiting game while the video is in the editor's hands. Here's a pic of some of the framed originals used in the video.

YoYoSpin

Re: Clipped Wings - planned for March 2014 on KS

Unread post by YoYoSpin »

Very attractive designs. I'm really looking forward to this deck release.
best regards,
Ed D.
DukeBoy
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

Mike Ratledge wrote:One of my newer "plastic payment cards" (TM - Mike Ratledge) came with no raised name or numbers. I guess it looks pre-used, more-or-less like the others that went through the holiday season: Thankgiving Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and all those when each was burned at least once during that extended weekend.

I'm going to be paying off credit cards for another six months, I don't normally carry a balance. When you're looking at only 4 more payments on your mortgage, things start to look a little different! "Come on, June 1st!"... :P
A few years ago once I paid off my "plastic payment cards" I trashed them. I have one for life or death issue but have not had to use it, knock on cyber wood.
10-4 over and out
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

DukeBoy wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote:One of my newer "plastic payment cards" (TM - Mike Ratledge) came with no raised name or numbers. I guess it looks pre-used, more-or-less like the others that went through the holiday season: Thankgiving Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and all those when each was burned at least once during that extended weekend.

A few years ago once I paid off my "plastic payment cards" I trashed them. I have one for life or death issue but have not had to use it, knock on cyber wood.
You know I did the same thing, but I decided there was no reason to cut them up when I was done. I have a bit more cavalier attitude about it now that my mortgage is almost paid: here in less than 4 months I'll be free of a 29-year albatross of $1600+ per month. That will free up $20,000 per year for other things. "Other things" will be paying down the pastique again for 3 or 4 months. Oh, well - it looks good!
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

craftspell

Unread post by craftspell »

I'm looking for this to say the least! Also looking forward to your Sawdust deck!
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Emmanual, do you have a target date yet? I know you said likely in March, but . . . ??
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Mike Ratledge wrote:Emmanual, do you have a target date yet? I know you said likely in March, but . . . ??
Not yet, it all depends on when the videographer is finished editing the campaign video. Everything's been filmed though.

What I do know is that the launch won't be on March 15, the launch date of Jackson's Army deck. No way I'm going head to head with him, haha.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Emmanuel wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote:Emmanual, do you have a target date yet? I know you said likely in March, but . . . ??
Not yet, it all depends on when the videographer is finished editing the campaign video. Everything's been filmed though.

What I do know is that the launch won't be on March 15, the launch date of Jackson's Army deck. No way I'm going head to head with him, haha.
No, not the best day for anyone to pick to launch a campaign, that's for certain. It's also the day before "Grotesque" project wraps up, so I'll still be on full watch. Next month I'm on the 2PM-midnight shift, starting on the Wednesday the 5th (I work "4-10's" Wednesdays through Saturdays every week. The shift 'rolls' forward, every four or five weeks I advance to the next shift, for example in April I'll be on 'swings' (polite term for 'graveyard') from 10PM to 8AM every night.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<