Theory 11 - Medallions

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Strag
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Re: Theory 11 - Medallions

Unread post by Strag »

Andrei Jikh wrote:
sinjin7 wrote: Shouldn't Andrei Jikh be here hyping the crap out of these? :roll:
Of course! They rock, try them, awesome metallic ink on the cards. Shouldn't you be pooping on everything theory11 does? Oh wait... :lol:

Always the same 3 or 4 dudes, you guys should start a club and then make a deck, would love to see it! Based on the Hate-Oh-Hate stock. I couldn't resist! :lol:
It's responses like this from the representative of the company that make me want to never purchase from T11 again.
Andrei Jikh

Unread post by Andrei Jikh »

Strag wrote:It's responses like this from the representative of the company that make me want to never purchase from T11 again.
Trust me, it's posts like yours that remind me why I left in the first place. I'm not here to be your representative. Completely separate platform. I'm here to shed light on things behind the scenes and be a part of a community that despite being negative, still has potential I feel. It's how many got their start, and some still find value in. That said, I like to retain the right to have an opinion outside of the company and be a human being, thanks. Why do I only speak of theory11? Because it's what concerns me and what I currently work on, and if and when there are (currently none) conversations outside of product development such as cardistry advice, performing, or anything else of topic that I love participating in, I'll be the first to jump in. As of now, this is the most active forum with the others slowly dying off. It's sad to see that, considering I was a huge fan of forums and the concept of communicating and working as a team to drive us forward. Playing cards used to be the tools we used, they were secondary, now it's the reverse. I'm still here though, with topics that concern me.

Sinjin, I said more or less exactly that, with the "game changing" deck to be hopefully released before end of the year in Expose. You may not watch it, that's fine, but perhaps ask questions first, then shoot later.
SavageJ

Unread post by SavageJ »

Andrei,

I don't post much but I do read the forum and comments, which I enjoy quite a bit.

I have a marketing background, specifically in the online realm. I would like to make a suggestion to you (and others) and I hope you take it for what it is worth.

- Don't criticize your customers in an online format (remember your comments are being cataloged online and searchable)
- Even if they are being irrational don't respond in a negative or combative manner
- You should encourage debate or discussion on your product
- Remember you are a representative of "the company", even if you feel you are expression your personal viewpoints
- This representation which you convey can have a negative or a positive affect on perception people have on the company
- Customer frustrations are not an attack on you as a person and should not be taken personally
- These frustration should be valuable insight into a market segment you may not be targeting correctly or under-servicing

All in all it just doesn't look right that a Theory 11 Representative is jawing with playing card forum members. I do hope you continue to provide updates and meaningful content because this is a place where I get those updates from "industry insiders".

But don't drive users away or yourself by reacting to or seeking a reaction, the outcome will be less than desirable.

To end I am excited to see the new Medallions and Jaqks I think they both looks like great decks!
Andrei Jikh

If that's what the community wants, I'll be more than happy to pull back personally and keep it strictly business. Onwards and upwards. Thanks for the suggestion!
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

I hope this means I no longer get to read the back and fourths betwixt sinjin and Andre, I look forward to those precious moments.
Andrei Jikh

walrus wrote:I hope this means I no longer get to read the back and fourths betwixt sinjin and Andre, I look forward to those precious moments.
Haha, likewise!
SavageJ

Unread post by SavageJ »

I want you to keep posting and visiting as much as you can! I enjoy the interaction you bring to the community, minus the other stuff.

Is there another deck release this year? :D
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

Andrei Jikh wrote:
walrus wrote:I hope this means I no longer get to read the back and fourths betwixt sinjin and Andre, I look forward to those precious moments.
Haha, likewise!
Sorry Andrei, I wrote that wrong but I think you figured it out anyway. That tuck on your new deck looks great. It's right up my alley as I only open a third of my decks. I hope I didn't screw this thread up by saying something positive.
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

walrus wrote:I hope I didn't screw this thread up by saying something positive.
When have you ever screwed up a thread. :|
No matter where you go... there you are :|
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

Sharpie wrote:
walrus wrote:I hope I didn't screw this thread up by saying something positive.
When have you ever screwed up a thread. :|

And more importantly, when did you ever get anything right? :lol:

Thanks!
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Okay, so since I have only joined the forums here somewhat recently, I'm still catching up on what's what. What is "Expose", and how will we find out about this new, game-changing deck via it?

Thanks!
This space intentionally left blank.
Firthetic

Unread post by Firthetic »

rousselle wrote:Okay, so since I have only joined the forums here somewhat recently, I'm still catching up on what's what. What is "Expose", and how will we find out about this new, game-changing deck via it?

Thanks!
It's their weekly news video: http://media.theory11.com/tag:Expose
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Don't worry, my tusked and whiskered friend, I understood exactly what you meant. I'm not going anywhere, and believe it or not, I hope Andrei sticks around as well.

Speaking of Andrei, I stand corrected then, the Medallion deck isn't your alleged game changing deck. I will still wait for it to eventually come out and hold my opinion until then. Seriously, do you really think I tune into the Expose? Given that I don't fall into T11's target demographic of teenaged boys, I'm not paying attention to that.

I agree that the forum for cardistry is dying, I miss the Decknique days and videos of people sharing their skills. But this particular forum is focused on all thing related to playing cards, and T11 is not the only player in the game. There are amazing decks being produced by other companies and even on Kickstarter. Why don't I ever see you comment and contribute on threads on Jackson Robinson's decks, or Uusi's decks, or Encarded's decks, or Randy Butterfield's decks? I did see that you posted on Dale Mathis' amazing 3d deck, but he's a friend of yours and you were featured in his video selling his product on KS, so that really doesn't count. You keep saying you're not here as a T11 rep, but as an individual eager to have meaningful discussions on cardistry, but that's hard to believe given that well over 90% of your post count is solely on T11 products. Given the new rules on advertising Mike instituted on these forums, you may want to diversify your post content on thing other than T11...
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Andrei Jikh wrote:
Strag wrote:It's responses like this from the representative of the company that make me want to never purchase from T11 again.
Trust me, it's posts like yours that remind me why I left in the first place. I'm not here to be your representative. Completely separate platform. I'm here to shed light on things behind the scenes and be a part of a community that despite being negative, still has potential I feel. It's how many got their start, and some still find value in. That said, I like to retain the right to have an opinion outside of the company and be a human being, thanks. Why do I only speak of theory11? Because it's what concerns me and what I currently work on, and if and when there are (currently none) conversations outside of product development such as cardistry advice, performing, or anything else of topic that I love participating in, I'll be the first to jump in. As of now, this is the most active forum with the others slowly dying off. It's sad to see that, considering I was a huge fan of forums and the concept of communicating and working as a team to drive us forward. Playing cards used to be the tools we used, they were secondary, now it's the reverse. I'm still here though, with topics that concern me.

Sinjin, I said more or less exactly that, with the "game changing" deck to be hopefully released before end of the year in Expose. You may not watch it, that's fine, but perhaps ask questions first, then shoot later.
If you want the right to have a personal opinion, then the "tag" under your name to the left should be different (i.e. it shouldn't say "verified seller"). I work for a company that widely uses forums like these to get valuable customer feedback. If you choose to respond as if that feedback isn't valuable unless it's complimentary to your company and/or products, well then you don't understand the true value.

I spent well into the 4 figures on playing cards last year. I am a discerning customer with high expectations but I reward my vendors with loyalty, oftentimes paying more as long as I know I will get good service and support. Having someone "slamming" me in a public forum, well yeah I want to have nothing further to do with a company who treats their customers this way.
BLACKWHITE

Unread post by BLACKWHITE »

I think Andrei is dealing with haters like Jesus would do... :)

I myself would deal with it like Jon Stewart... You know... :mrgreen:

So Andrei, I don't expect from you saying how other decks are sweet... I just want good work, and so far I'm not disappointed.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Medallions a very nice deck? Definitely, classy. A game changer? No, that's hype. Will I buy it? Hell yeah, already have.
samurai007

Unread post by samurai007 »

Widdee wrote:Medallions a very nice deck? Definitely, classy. A game changer? No, that's hype. Will I buy it? Hell yeah, already have.
Another deck is the supposed "game changer", not Medallions, but the confusion is to be expected when you announce a "game-changing deck release" and your next release is Medallions. They should have waited on the game changer announcement until just before the deck is announced, not a deck or 2 ahead. But I understand, they must be excited for it, it happens.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

samurai007 wrote:
Widdee wrote:Medallions a very nice deck? Definitely, classy. A game changer? No, that's hype. Will I buy it? Hell yeah, already have.
Another deck is the supposed "game changer", not Medallions, but the confusion is to be expected when you announce a "game-changing deck release" and your next release is Medallions. They should have waited on the game changer announcement until just before the deck is announced, not a deck or 2 ahead. But I understand, they must be excited for it, it happens.
I obviously can't keep up with the hype, Samurai!
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

How do we know it's a deck?
Nothing says so in the video. :?
No matter where you go... there you are :|
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Heads up, Medallions just hit my mailbox.
venomatic

Unread post by venomatic »

a pretty nice and classy deck, imo :>
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

venomatic wrote:a pretty nice and classy deck, imo :>
The tuck paper and graphics are awesome, cards are nice finish, the courts didn't turn me off- the colors looked better than I thought but the funky faces are a bit too modern for the classic look of the deck. That's my only criticism, all in all a very sweet deck.
venomatic

Unread post by venomatic »

hey Widdee, where did u get ur avatar pic? :]

personally, I kinda like the faces (or at least, I can get used to them within time). In any event, I'd argue this is T11's finest deck (a bold statement since this is also my first T11 purchase) but I'm interested if anyone thinks otherwise (the Monarchs perhaps?)
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

venomatic wrote:hey Widdee, where did u get ur avatar pic? :]

personally, I kinda like the faces (or at least, I can get used to them within time). In any event, I'd argue this is T11's finest deck (a bold statement since this is also my first T11 purchase) but I'm interested if anyone thinks otherwise (the Monarchs perhaps?)
I uh, urr, um... stole it off the internet!have no idea who illustrated it but it's fun.

I think, from an artistic standpoint, which is the reason I buy cards, this is their best but totally agree the Monarchs are way on up there. This is IMO their best artistic effort, the Monarchs the classiest.

Was comparing them to the Artisans today and they're so close it would be hard to pick a winner, each has some things better than the other.

What do you think?
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

For anyone interested a new V2 of the Medallions is now available with some color modifications and new embossing on the tuck.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Wonder what the difference is. Going by the pictures it seems the back is the same brown and a lighter silvery tan compared to the v1. The embossing is definitely a lot nicer.