Ellusionist Cyber-Monday

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
DelMagic

Ellusionist Cyber-Monday

Unread post by DelMagic »

Unbelievable Cyber Monday Deals

Set Your Alarm - Cyber Monday Deals begin in 3 Hours

Facebook Flash Frenzy Deals
Join us from 4pm - 7pm EST on Facebook

For the first time ever, we're holding a Facebook Flash Frenzy Sale. A new deal every 15 minutes between 4pm and 7pm EST posted only on Facebook.

Some deals will only be available for 15 minutes, others are a limited release and two or three will send you scrambling to check out in time. Up to 70% Off our most desired magic, rare not-for-sale items up for grabs and even a long unavailable (and always asked for) blast from the past makes a return.

It all begins on Facebook in just under 3 hours time. We'll see you there...

| Ellusionist on Facebook |

Got some unique content for the ezine? Reach us at;
jake@Ellusionist.com | Ellusionist.com LLC
866 244 2426 | P.O. Box 11623, San Rafael CA

Click Here to Unsubscribe
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Ellusionist Cyber-Monday

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

DelMagic wrote:rare not-for-sale items up for grabs and even a long unavailable (and always asked for) blast from the past makes a return.
What the hell does this mean? "Not-for-sale" items WILL be for sale? Or will they only be "free" gifts?

And that last part reeks of another "guess what we found in our warehouse..." :roll:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

I'm curious about the Facebook only sale. I am not on Facebook and have no desire to join.

My guess is that the tech support necessary to do this on their own website it far greater than running it off of facebook. I suppose most of their target demographic is on Facebook, but it seems odd to limit your sales that way.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

DelMagic wrote:I'm curious about the Facebook only sale. I am not on Facebook and have no desire to join.

My guess is that the tech support necessary to do this on their own website it far greater than running it off of facebook. I suppose most of their target demographic is on Facebook, but it seems odd to limit your sales that way.
Definitely limiting. Why would you not want a full public sale? I thought they were in the business to sell cards. Lots of cards.
samwisethegray
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by samwisethegray »

yeah, why dont they just update their home page or start a new page with all the flash deals on it. Weird.
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

samwisethegray wrote:yeah, why dont they just update their home page or start a new page with all the flash deals on it. Weird.
And this, to further f*ck over their International "customers".
We will NOT be able to combine shipping on separate orders, so plan purchases accordingly.
sqratch

Unread post by sqratch »

I don't have a Facebook account either. O well looks like I will save money.
alric

Unread post by alric »

This is bullshit. I'm not going to hang out on Facebook for half the day just for the priviledge of duking it out with others just for the off-chance of getting a rare deck that probably isn't even that rare. This is a horrible concept. I think most of us have jobs and lives and don't have the time to be checking Facebook every 15 minutes.
cosmicsecret
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

so far the coins are on sale for $4.90
http://www.ellusionist.com/1902-antique ... coins.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

cosmicsecret wrote:so far the coins are on sale for $4.90
http://www.ellusionist.com/1902-antique ... coins.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's a lot more but their server crashed and there's nothing posted on FB yet aside from their empty promises. Pathetic and a way to treat to customer like crap.
samwisethegray

and a select few playing cards are on sale
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #1 || With Brad away from the office - we're making up our own prices! We're moving out our Unbeatable SHIFT: Self-Bending Fork at just $129! SAVE A MASSIVE $70! But you'll need to HURRY - Just 50 Forks have been put aside for this incredible deal - pick it up now! http://elusn.st/ShiftIt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yawn.
samwisethegray

Strag wrote:
|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #1 || With Brad away from the office - we're making up our own prices! We're moving out our Unbeatable SHIFT: Self-Bending Fork at just $129! SAVE A MASSIVE $70! But you'll need to HURRY - Just 50 Forks have been put aside for this incredible deal - pick it up now! http://elusn.st/ShiftIt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yawn.
Double Yawn
cosmicsecret
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

The price was actually very good!
:!:
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

cosmicsecret wrote:The price was actually very good!
:!:
Yes, but it also shows how little these guys know about marketing and fulfilling and exceeding customer expectations. They had TONS of people refreshing their site and then side "oh wait, no please close our site and don't buy anything except what we put on sale" and then put something on sale that has a rather limited appeal.
|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #2 || We plunged the depths of our archive to find just 25 Ultragaff Bundles - all 3 DVDs and the Ultragaff Deck. These are the last bundles we have, with USPCC unable to print the Ultragaff Deck again - and they’ve been out of stock for over a year. Pick up all 3 DVDs and the deck by Danny Garcia and Wayne Houchin for just $65. http://elusn.st/GaffedUp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #3 || The ‘GHOSTLY FORCES’ Over $320 of Magic all for just $150. 5 DVDs (Army of 52, King Rising, Guerrilla Guide to Loops 1 - 3) plus a Ghost Gaff Deck, Ghost Invisible Deck, Ghost Card Clip, 2 Bicycle Ghost Decks, Loops, a Trick Sharpie AND our SHIFT SELF BENDING PAPERCLIP. That’s a massive Box of Magic for an itty bitty price. We’ve only got 25 of these made up - so get them before they’re gone. http://elusn.st/Ghostly" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sqratch

Unread post by sqratch »

Awesome. can you keep posting them??????
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #4 || Ok - let’s kick off our playing card deals… We’re giving you both a deal - and a Free Limited Deck. Get an Extra 15% off All Madison decks. That means Rounders and Dealers from just $4.90 each… Not enough for you? Buy a Brick of them - and we’ll add a Deck of Scarlet Dealers to your order as well. BOOM! This deal ends at Midnight - so if you can’t check out right away - you can go have a cup of tea... or juice, whatever... http://elusn.st/AllMadison" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #5 || BONUS LTD DECKS! When you purchase any of our Brand New DVD Singles (A Single Needle, Angle Z or Lock, Stock & Riot) we’ll include a FREE RED LTD DECK. Buy 2 DVDs - get 2 Decks. Buy All 3…you get the gist. http://elusn.st/NewDVDLTD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #6 || THE SITE! That's right - we're selling the whole. slow "500 Internal Server Error" site. We'll be using the funds to purchase a proper site that can handle the load. Buy today!! (GOOD TIL MIDNITE!)

EDIT: Whoops, real deal #6 just posted:

|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #6 || One of our all-time best-selling decks, our Bicycle Shadow Masters capture attention whenever they're brought out. Described as 'the deck Sin City would have' - check out the deal we're doing on these… http://elusn.st/ShadowDeal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Or we could just tell you they’re 40% Off until Midnight)
ivan

Unread post by ivan »

Lol... Does deal #6 comes with the Red Arcades?
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

|| BONUS DEAL #1 || Black Club Year 1- Not a Black Club Member Yet? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Save 25% TODAY ONLY (Until Midnight) when you join - Was $147 - Now just $110.25. That Includes 3 Free Downloads of your choice, the Black Club Welcome Kit - including HALO Fibre Optik Wristband and Black Club Deck, Access to the Black Club Store, site-wide 5% Discount, 24 Hours presale on all products and so much more... As they say here on Facebook ‘It pays to belong to the Black Club’. htttp://elusn.st/ClubCyberDeal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who is this mysterious "they"? 'Cause I hear "they" say a lot of crazy sh..tuff....
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

sqratch wrote:Awesome. can you keep posting them??????
Sorry, I was on a late night concall (it's late here) and honestly I got fed up with the crap so... not me but looks like someone else has.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #7 || Get 30% OFF Our Colossal Close Up Mat.Rubber-backed, with a double-thick, flocked grey surface - a massive 30 inches in Size. We’ve got 10 of these mats moving out at just $125 each - save $55! http://elusn.st/SaveMat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

|| BONUS DEAL #2 || Pick up the Gaff System today - and we’ll throw in the matching regular decks FREE. That’s a Blue 2nd Edition, Green 2nd Edition and Artifice Tundra - yours free. Save $20.95! http://elusn.st/GaffandArtifice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

|| BONUS DEAL #3 || Explain to us how to make our site work and we'll throw in a FREE SULTAN REPUBLIC! (Not the Treasury, just the Republic. #2. The #2 Republic. One FREE, but you have to pick up the shipping, which is currently $147.35 for overseas. Who are we kidding? We have no idea how much shipping is because our site is down. Which is why we need Eddie Van Halen to join Wyld Stallyns!)
AceOfHearts
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

hikeeba wrote:|| BONUS DEAL #1 || Black Club Year 1- Not a Black Club Member Yet? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Save 25% TODAY ONLY (Until Midnight) when you join - Was $147 - Now just $110.25. That Includes 3 Free Downloads of your choice, the Black Club Welcome Kit - including HALO Fibre Optik Wristband and Black Club Deck, Access to the Black Club Store, site-wide 5% Discount, 24 Hours presale on all products and so much more... As they say here on Facebook ‘It pays to belong to the Black Club’. htttp://elusn.st/ClubCyberDeal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who is this mysterious "they"? 'Cause I hear "they" say a lot of crazy sh..tuff....
Someone explain please in some more details for people who are not very familiar of what this is exacly, what i mean is.. when you join after this above what else you get every month some free stuff? Does include Free international shipping? What stuff they send? Same question for USPCC Club 808... only for USA or international too?
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #8 || 30% OFF ALL COINS until Midnight tonight. Artifact and 1902 Half Dollars from just $4.90. Artifact Copper Dollars for a mere $8.40 each (save 3.69 per coin). Restock for your coin magic with these deals - today only. http://elusn.st/FlashCoins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

|| FLASH FRENZY DEAL #9 || Get 25% off the SHIFT Self Bending KEY - was $99 down to just $74.25. We’ve only got 50 at this price - and this deal ends at midnight tonight… probably. http://elusn.st/KeyedOff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AceOfHearts wrote:Someone explain please in some more details for people who are not very familiar of what this is exacly, what i mean is.. when you join after this above what else you get every month some free stuff? Does include Free international shipping? What stuff they send? Same question for USPCC Club 808... only for USA or international too?
Lessee - last year with the Black Club they sent a surprise early deck of Rounders with a letter signed by Daniel Madison, there was a free (you pay shipping) Gold Arcane uncut, they did a free Red Arcane with any order...
So, you get a one-day heads up on stuff, 3 downloads, buy a couple more Black Artifice (@ $18) & stuff like above. And a box. Mine ripped. But it has retained it's box-like form.
AceOfHearts
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

Thanks, so i would pass, shipping price to europe is crazy... well actually today i ordered stuff and got not so high shipping.. But i know E takes like 20$ for themselfs(compared to usps).. crazy tax for handling.. and we pay 20% on that damn customs.. but i'm happy with my deals (sale) today... I hope you guys got luck too.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

So I'm under the impression that E uses only 1 server. You think they could splurge on a few more or hire some third-party techs to help them out with some of that extra international shipping money they pocket. This happens every time they have a "sale for the ages." Well I say their discounted prices plus the time and aggravation is NOT worth the sale price. Ever. At all.
sqratch

Unread post by sqratch »

Cyber Monday DDOS attack. Lmao.
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

FYI, if you haven't been following the comments on the FB posts:
Brian - sadly, we are cloud-based - and maxxed out via our host. We're upgrading to an even larger system on another host in January due to the problems we've had with them coping with the number of connections.
-Jake
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Haven't seen anything I can't live without yet. Reckon those Black Legends, Black JAQKs and Medallions spoiled me.
BiggerDee

Unread post by BiggerDee »

Ellusiinist's whole cyber Monday promotion has been nothing short of an Epic Fail. They are asking for IP addresses and letting 10 people shop and then get off of their site. They didn't plan at all, and should have postponed this until their site could handle more than 10 at once. I'm an IT Admin and saw early that this was a waste of time, and they were going to waste our time. Theis will severely damage their reputation, and has driven many, many customers away, many for good, I'm sure. Check out all of the FB comments.

If your site is broken 99% of the time! and sucks the other 1%, then POSTPONE YOUR EVENT, don't trudge through it and alienate everyone.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

BiggerDee wrote:Ellusiinist's whole cyber Monday promotion has been nothing short of an Epic Fail. They are asking for IP addresses and letting 10 people shop and then get off of their site. They didn't plan at all, and should have postponed this until their site could handle more than 10 at once. I'm an IT Admin and saw early that this was a waste of time, and they were going to waste our time. Theis will severely damage their reputation, and has driven many, many customers away, many for good, I'm sure. Check out all of the FB comments.

If your site is broken 99% of the time! and sucks the other 1%, then POSTPONE YOUR EVENT, don't trudge through it and alienate everyone.
Couldn't agree more BiggerDee and on top of that there's not a damn thing new and exciting. Those Madisons have been worked over like a French whore. Give CARC and Theory 11 credit, they had new decks to get customers excited and kept things simple- here it is, come and get it.