Theory 11 - Medallions

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Firthetic
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Theory 11 - Medallions

Unread post by Firthetic »

From their Facebook page: "MEDALLIONS. One of FOUR releases. Black Friday at 11:00am EST."
samwisethegray
Decks Owned: 300

Re: Theory 11 - Medallions

Unread post by samwisethegray »

Their tuck boxes are always so nice. They are so well detailed and embossed in the right places, if you know what I mean 8-) :lol:
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Shit i wasnt expecting this. Wallets almost empty :shock: :shock: Also i hear that this is going to be full custom, cant wait to see more =D
ivan

Unread post by ivan »

This one actually looks good. Might get on it if it's custom faces and courts.

Yup... my wallet is taking a beating..!
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

Wallet? What wallet? ... I had to sell mine. :|
No matter where you go... there you are :|
ivan

Unread post by ivan »

Lol.. already? What you gonna do when the white limited edition medallions come out??
JokerzGamez
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by JokerzGamez »

Artisans + Rarebits, very interesting...
"First rule of magic: always be the smartest guy in the room"

- Jesse Eisenberg, Now You See Me
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I wish T11 would just design and make tuck boxes for other playing card designers/manufacturers like E, Jackson Robinson, Uusi, etc... However, if the Medallions deck is a fully customized deck with custom courts and pips, then T11 is finally taking a step in the right direction. Shouldn't Andrei Jikh be here hyping the crap out of these? :roll:
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Finally, something I'm very excited about for Black Friday! That tuck is awesome.
volantangel

Got this from FB, well not quite the full custom i was looking for, the faces look distorted, especially the king. Looks wayy to similar to the artisans imo.

My wallet heaves a great sigh of relief.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Yeah, those "custom" courts are extremely underwhelming.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
volantangel

Id rather they just leave the court's original faces, and give them the new clothes if they were to go down this route.
sqratch

Unread post by sqratch »

MagikFingerz wrote:Yeah, those "custom" courts are extremely underwhelming.
I had high hopes for the courts. What a let down.
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

I do like them, i have seen way worst courts!
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
volantangel

PlayingCardz wrote:I do like them, i have seen way worst courts!
Hur hur hur, VORTEX DECK = worst courts ever, followed by the new bruce lee deck hur hur hur
doobybrain

Unread post by doobybrain »

Wanted to share this in case some of you don't get the Theory11 emails (and these Theory11 decks are separated into different threads).

But if you want 15% off your entire order from Theory11, enter "BLACKFRIDAY" at checkout. Only valid for 12 hours starting about the time of this thread.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

These are another T11 disappointment to me. The backs are simply more detailed Tally Ho Circle Backs, and it uses the same design everywhere. It's nice, but really boring. And the courts can't be called "custom" by my standards, more like "retouched standards" - at the same level as recolored.
- Tom

Check out my collection

sqratch

Unread post by sqratch »

I agree magik. The only reason I bought an is because they will loot great displayed on my shelf. The tuck is nice.
venomatic

Unread post by venomatic »

are you guys drunk or something? I think they are gorgeous :mrgreen:

Granted, the face on the king of spades looks kinda weird, but I think the queen looks fine. If anything, the faces and those center discs (I mean, medallions) don't bother me as much as those in McKenzie's Empire deck. In my humble opinion, I think the Medallions are better than the (similar?) Artisans, and maybe the Monarchs(?).

This marks my first T11 order :D (well actually, this is a side order to my planned purchase of some Black JAQKs). And so, I burn another hole in my wallet T_T
Andrei Jikh

Unread post by Andrei Jikh »

sinjin7 wrote: Shouldn't Andrei Jikh be here hyping the crap out of these? :roll:
Of course! They rock, try them, awesome metallic ink on the cards. Shouldn't you be pooping on everything theory11 does? Oh wait... :lol:

Always the same 3 or 4 dudes, you guys should start a club and then make a deck, would love to see it! Based on the Hate-Oh-Hate stock. I couldn't resist! :lol:
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Well... I think this is a great deck! Awesome box, great back, nice courts (only the faces look a bit odd)!
I went to theory11 especially for this decks, but of course, had to buy a couple of black jaqks....
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

sms69x wrote:Well... I think this is a great deck! Awesome box, great back, nice courts (only the faces look a bit odd)!
I went to theory11 especially for this decks, but of course, had to buy a couple of black jaqks....
Pretty much agree with all about the courts but the rest of the deck really is a knock out. Looking forward to unwrapping one.
volantangel

Widdee wrote:
sms69x wrote:Well... I think this is a great deck! Awesome box, great back, nice courts (only the faces look a bit odd)!
Pretty much agree with all about the courts but the rest of the deck really is a knock out. Looking forward to unwrapping one.
It feels like an ugly woman with a really hot bod, just cover the face and shag the hell out of it.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

volantangel wrote:It feels like an ugly woman with a really hot bod, just cover the face and shag the hell out of it.
Seriously? LOL...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Andrei Jikh wrote:
sinjin7 wrote: Shouldn't Andrei Jikh be here hyping the crap out of these? :roll:
Of course! They rock, try them, awesome metallic ink on the cards. Shouldn't you be pooping on everything theory11 does? Oh wait... :lol:

Always the same 3 or 4 dudes, you guys should start a club and then make a deck, would love to see it! Based on the Hate-Oh-Hate stock. I couldn't resist! :lol:
Right on cue. I'm surprised you came back here. I thought you pouted and picked up your toys and left the sandbox for good after the last time. You're always telling us to start a club, I think you secretly want to join! :lol: I don't poop on EVERYTHING T11 does, I've always maintained Theory Dozen Minus One knows how to make awesome tuck boxes. Its just that you guys behave in so many ways that are poop-worthy.

If its any consolation, T11 won the Best Black Friday promotion contest by virtue of being the lesser of all the evil promotions that were out there. Now that I think about it, Bicycle Club 808 won. Wait a minute, Sharpie beat you, too! Hey man, T11 wins the bronze medal, kinda like the color of your Medallions deck, so its appropriate and all good.

Speaking of poop-worthy, is the Medallion deck the deck that you promised would be "game changing"? It is, isn't it? Don't get me wrong, it has a beautiful tuck box (as usual for T11), but it makes me think that if the Artisan deck had sex with the Monarch deck, the Medallion deck would be their illegitimate love child. Two good looking parents, you'll probably get a good looking kid. But "game changing"? As they say in NFL Live, "C'mon, Man!!!" Please pardon me for feeling that the "game" has not, in fact, been "changed", its just more of the same. I'm sure everyone (not just the 3 or 4 dudes in our club) will agree that overhype and false advertising is definitely poop-worthy.

Listen man, If you came here and said the following instead:

"Hey guys, Andrei here again. I just want to give you a heads up on a new deck Theory11 will be releasing on Black Friday. We're calling it the Medallion deck. If you loved the Monarch and Artisan decks, you'll love the Medallion deck as well. Its going to have an awesome tuck box consistent with T11's high standards, and we're even going to customize the court cards a bit more than just the usual re-coloring of the courts. We've heard your requests for more customization and we listened because we want to give you the most bang for your buck as valued customers with a truly attractive fully custom deck. I hope you'll be as excited about the Medallion deck as I am telling you about it!"

I could've respected that. Its honest and not over the top. But instead, you said, "Our next release is going to be a game changer though - you heard it here first. Can't say what it is but...." That is just unnecessary hype that will do nothing but piss us off when we get the deck in our hands and realize no game has been changed. You just set up a perfectly fine deck for failure.
volantangel

sinjin7 wrote:
Andrei Jikh wrote:

Right on cue. I'm surprised you came back here. I thought you pouted and picked up your toys and left the sandbox for good after the last time. You're always telling us to start a club, I think you secretly want to join! :lol: I don't poop on EVERYTHING T11 does, I've always maintained Theory Dozen Minus One knows how to make awesome tuck boxes. Its just that you guys behave in so many ways that are poop-worthy.

If its any consolation, T11 won the Best Black Friday promotion contest by virtue of being the lesser of all the evil promotions that were out there. Now that I think about it, Bicycle Club 808 won. Wait a minute, Sharpie beat you, too! Hey man, T11 wins the bronze medal, kinda like the color of your Medallions deck, so its appropriate and all good.

Speaking of poop-worthy, is the Medallion deck the deck that you promised would be "game changing"? It is, isn't it? Don't get me wrong, it has a beautiful tuck box (as usual for T11), but it makes me think that if the Artisan deck had sex with the Monarch deck, the Medallion deck would be their illegitimate love child. Two good looking parents, you'll probably get a good looking kid. But "game changing"? As they say in NFL Live, "C'mon, Man!!!" Please pardon me for feeling that the "game" has not, in fact, been "changed", its just more of the same. I'm sure everyone (not just the 3 or 4 dudes in our club) will agree that overhype and false advertising is definitely poop-worthy.

Listen man, If you came here and said the following instead:

"Hey guys, Andrei here again. I just want to give you a heads up on a new deck Theory11 will be releasing on Black Friday. We're calling it the Medallion deck. If you loved the Monarch and Artisan decks, you'll love the Medallion deck as well. Its going to have an awesome tuck box consistent with T11's high standards, and we're even going to customize the court cards a bit more than just the usual re-coloring of the courts. We've heard your requests for more customization and we listened because we want to give you the most bang for your buck as valued customers with a truly attractive fully custom deck. I hope you'll be as excited about the Medallion deck as I am telling you about it!"

I could've respected that. Its honest and not over the top. But instead, you said, "Our next release is going to be a game changer though - you heard it here first. Can't say what it is but...." That is just unnecessary hype that will do nothing but piss us off when we get the deck in our hands and realize no game has been changed. You just set up a perfectly fine deck for failure.
Totally agree, especially the last two paragraphs, having a little humble pie isn't always a bad thing :)
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

They should change the colors on the courts, they look like Gaurdian courts.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
BLACKWHITE

Unread post by BLACKWHITE »

sinjin7 you are wrong!

Watch Expose from 9th minute... none of these - new decks was that promised "Game Changer"... they got delay with "that" deck...

So wait a bit with that "throwing stones"*... :)

* "throwing stones" - other name for "wave of hate" :mrgreen:
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

BLACKWHITE wrote:sinjin7 you are wrong!

Watch Expose from 9th minute... none of these - new decks was that promised "Game Changer"... they got delay with "that" deck...

So wait a bit with that "throwing stones"*... :)

* "throwing stones" - other name for "wave of hate" :mrgreen:
Sinjin was referring to a post Andrei made on this very forum a while back.

Here.
- Tom

Check out my collection

BLACKWHITE

Unread post by BLACKWHITE »

I know what Andrei has promised...
Give him credit and wait for "that" deck!
After that anyone can start complain... "boring- they looks like playing cards...", "only 54 cards...", "they are made from paper..." ;)