Purple LTD. by Peter McKinnon / Ellusionist

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Purple LTD. by Peter McKinnon / Ellusionist

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Encarded wrote:So they printed 5000 of the LTD white deck, but currently you can only get it if you buy a brick of Purple. Doing some basic maths, let's say they printed 15,000 of the Purple, which I think would be a very reasonable amount for one of the larger card producers to do.

15,000 / 12 = 1,250.

So if every customer bought 12 purple (and you know that is utterly impractical to assume), that would still mean there would be nearly 4,000 of the White LTD still sitting around. I wouldn't kill yourselves to get one right now fellas, they will be for sale on their own soon enough.
I wouldn't be so sure. I think the Black Ghost V1's was also a 5k print run, and they kept using them for promotions for as long as they could.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

It's worth mentionning that if you want multiple white decks, you have to place multiple orders.
E must have USPS shares or something ...
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

It's like they are trying to produce limited decks for every new product releases.

How many did came out this year?
-Red Arcane
-White LTD
-Scarlet Rounders
-Blue Rounders
-Scarlet Dealers
I think it's too much limited decks.
And all of them are just color variations.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Oh my goddd !! I absolutely love what is happening!!! This white LTD deck is awesome !! Kudos to E for doing this !!! This deck means so much to me !!

It means that theres one less website to go to on black Friday. Thanks for helping me save some money.
vmagic

Unread post by vmagic »

MagikFingerz wrote:
Encarded wrote:So they printed 5000 of the LTD white deck, but currently you can only get it if you buy a brick of Purple. Doing some basic maths, let's say they printed 15,000 of the Purple, which I think would be a very reasonable amount for one of the larger card producers to do.

15,000 / 12 = 1,250.

So if every customer bought 12 purple (and you know that is utterly impractical to assume), that would still mean there would be nearly 4,000 of the White LTD still sitting around. I wouldn't kill yourselves to get one right now fellas, they will be for sale on their own soon enough.
I wouldn't be so sure. I think the Black Ghost V1's was also a 5k print run, and they kept using them for promotions for as long as they could.
And according to E, they also printed 5000 of the original Red LTDs and they never sold those.
vmagic

Unread post by vmagic »

PlayingCardz wrote:It's worth mentionning that if you want multiple white decks, you have to place multiple orders.
Yeah I guess that sucks for resellers. Although if you buy the dvd and a brick you can get 2 decks free.
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

vmagic wrote:
PlayingCardz wrote:It's worth mentionning that if you want multiple white decks, you have to place multiple orders.
And if you place separate orders, they won't combine your shipping costs. :|
I'm gonna wait for the market on this one. Maybe trade for it.

S
No matter where you go... there you are :|
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Mirror wrote:I really want the white deck... but why would I buy a brick of purple LTDs? I'll just hope that some resellers will have them for a decent price. You know, since there are 5000 of them and all that.
This is the way to go. I'd rather pick one up one on EBay than get stuck with a brick of purple, and with 5k available they'll be out there.
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

Yeah, I don't buy bricks. I don't sell cards I either get a couple of them for the collection or a couple for magic. At least E makes it easy to pass on these for some of us. I refuse to buy things I don't need to obtain one deck.
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

walrus wrote:Yeah, I don't buy bricks. I don't sell cards I either get a couple of them for the collection or a couple for magic. At least E makes it easy to pass on these for some of us. I refuse to buy things I don't need to obtain one deck.
A lesson I wish you had taught me earlier, O great white-tusk-ed one. :(
No matter where you go... there you are :|
AceOfHearts
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

walrus wrote:Yeah, I don't buy bricks. I don't sell cards I either get a couple of them for the collection or a couple for magic. At least E makes it easy to pass on these for some of us. I refuse to buy things I don't need to obtain one deck.
Why paying much for 1 single deck, when you can buy 12 purple and sell them for 3$ each or smth and get the "rare" deck "free". That way you will end up having the deck now and most likely cheaper than buying it after weeks for price you dont even know..
Plus you gain points from Ellusionist, plus you can buy some other stuff from E.
Logic says buy it now, from E.
Damn myself.. why telling people to buy from them, when they refused to make me gift when i was only one who pointed the big blunder they made after promotion of the black decks - all of them except black arcane was fixed price of 7$ with no discount... sry for my english, learned it from... movies xD

And yeah.. don't hate Ellusionist for doing this... This is bissness after all. it's the way to sell decks - if they say hey give 15$ ( for this deck and is yours - probably it will sell out very quick and:
1. Many people would not end having the deck...
2. E won't gain much and this deck may be sold for more on ebay -
3. E will still have many other decks in stock left...
If they say hey buy it now only the deck 80$:
Few will buy it...
What do you prefer?
To buy a deck and pay for shipping, or to buy 5 decks with free shipping same price both.. Ofc buying more decks with free shipping, well this is the same. Better buy 12 purple to get this free. And you can always sell them at any time.

And i agree , we need more decks that are not only colour change.
Mirror

Unread post by Mirror »

AceOfHearts wrote: To buy a deck and pay for shipping, or to buy 5 decks with free shipping same price both.. Ofc buying more decks with free shipping, well this is the same. Better buy 12 purple to get this free. And you can always sell them at any time.
I get your point but I don't think that it is normal to expect from your costumers that they resell the decks they HAD to buy to get one deck for free.
JokerzGamez

Unread post by JokerzGamez »

Tbh, after this, Im only staying with Ellusionist for the rest of the Origins series.

OK, the purple LTDs are an interesting colour change. But 11.5 months of 2013 and only about 4 brand new 'custom' decks, with the rest all being colour changes and "limited" brick offers?

All Im saying is bye bye Ellusionist.
"First rule of magic: always be the smartest guy in the room"

- Jesse Eisenberg, Now You See Me
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

JokerzGamez wrote: OK, the purple LTDs are an interesting colour change.
Not when it's preceded by red and blue :roll:

And that this deck is actually called LIMITED (abbreviated) just makes this so much more ridiculous. Red limited LTD, Blue unlimited LTD, Purple unlimited LTD, White limited LTD... Anyone sick of the word yet?
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
wwpierce

Unread post by wwpierce »

Limited... I actually looked it up in Webster's Dictionary. Kind of comical really.. There are 3 definitions. Two of which I think apply to what we see everyday:

1) confined within limits (Example: Only a limited number of collectors will be allowed to own these cards)

2) lacking breadth and originality (Example: D&D, etc)
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

MagikFingerz wrote:
Not when it's preceded by red and blue :roll:

And that this deck is actually called LIMITED (abbreviated) just makes this so much more ridiculous. Red limited LTD, Blue unlimited LTD, Purple unlimited LTD, White limited LTD... Anyone sick of the word yet?
All I can figure is they finally ran out of red decks and needed a new carrot on a stick.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

AceOfHearts wrote:
Why paying much for 1 single deck, when you can buy 12 purple and sell them for 3$ each or smth and get the "rare" deck "free". That way you will end up having the deck now and most likely cheaper than buying it after weeks for price you dont even know..
Plus you gain points from Ellusionist, plus you can buy some other stuff from E.
Logic says buy it now, from E.
Damn myself.. why telling people to buy from them, when they refused to make me gift when i was only one who pointed the big blunder they made after promotion of the black decks - all of them except black arcane was fixed price of 7$ with no discount... sry for my english, learned it from... movies xD

And yeah.. don't hate Ellusionist for doing this... This is bissness after all. it's the way to sell decks - if they say hey give 15$ ( for this deck and is yours - probably it will sell out very quick and:
1. Many people would not end having the deck...
2. E won't gain much and this deck may be sold for more on ebay -
3. E will still have many other decks in stock left...
If they say hey buy it now only the deck 80$:
Few will buy it...
What do you prefer?
To buy a deck and pay for shipping, or to buy 5 decks with free shipping same price both.. Ofc buying more decks with free shipping, well this is the same. Better buy 12 purple to get this free. And you can always sell them at any time.

And i agree , we need more decks that are not only colour change.

I guess it depends on what your time is worth. By the time you sell all those purple decks (time and effort, especially if you have to go through all the motions on eBay) it may be easier just to shuck out the dough for the white deck.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Re: New Ellusionist Deck *No Name Yet*

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

montecarlojoe wrote:I just want your extra time, and your, huh, pips!
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Anyone want the Lock Stock and Riot DVD by Peter Mckinnon before I list it on Ebay let me know It should arrive in a few days
JokerzGamez

Unread post by JokerzGamez »

MagikFingerz wrote:
Anyone sick of the word yet?
If they keep branding decks as 'limited' and 'unlimited', they might as well just make one of every deck and throw them at collectors.

Sounds like a deck collectors version of the Hunger Games. :mrgreen:
"First rule of magic: always be the smartest guy in the room"

- Jesse Eisenberg, Now You See Me