Chaos by Thirdway Industries

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
kevork
Collector: Yes
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Chaos by Thirdway Industries

Unread post by kevork »

Fenrir
White Whale: No 17 Crown
Decks Owned: 475

Re: Chaos by Thirdway Industries

Unread post by Fenrir »

I like what I’ve seen of these so far.
Honeybee
White Whale: Hardcover S17 Anthology
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

I wouldn't be surprised if I have completed my TWI collection - I like my decks but I am not sure I need any more of the same style. Backs are pretty important to me and I don't find them to be Gio's strength. Maybe a Gio collaboration would re-energize me
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
JazzBaloo

Unread post by JazzBaloo »

It reminds me of the Joker and Thief Reserve. 1 foiled deck with 5 colors to choose from. The design is a bit whacky and so it stands out as unique, especially with the bright neon colors chosen.
Evilgamer

Unread post by Evilgamer »

Starts the 27th.

He’s leaning pretty hard into the “chaotic” theme, which may rub some people wrong.

Like not being able to choose the tuck color for the standard edition.
JazzBaloo

Evilgamer wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:12 pm Starts the 27th.

He’s leaning pretty hard into the “chaotic” theme, which may rub some people wrong.

That does not sound like a good idea to me. I saw there will be 2000 decks split up into many variations. I think I counted 7 or 8 different colors in one of the pictures.
Evilgamer

JazzBaloo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:59 pm

That does not sound like a good idea to me. I saw there will be 2000 decks split up into many variations. I think I counted 7 or 8 different colors in one of the pictures.
8 if Im interpreting something on the patreon post correctly yes (Gio wont say how directly many there are).

Thats way too many duplicate card decks for me to buy into (only the tuck changes), I'll have to settle for 1 normal and 1 of the deluxe decks.
JazzBaloo

Evilgamer wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:49 pm
JazzBaloo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:59 pm

8 if Im interpreting something on the patreon post correctly yes (Gio wont say how directly many there are).

Thats way too many duplicate card decks for me to buy into (only the tuck changes), I'll have to settle for 1 normal and 1 of the deluxe decks.
Is this a strategy to force people into buying the higher tiers to get all the versions? I may be sitting this one out.
Evilgamer

JazzBaloo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:58 pm
Is this a strategy to force people into buying the higher tiers to get all the versions? I may be sitting this one out.
I think that answer would depend how many high tiers there end up being, he doesn't usually have that many total slots available.

HIs answer is more that setting up 8 individual pledges for each tuck would make for a messy campaign and fulfillment.

Again there are NO difference in the cards, only the tucks, hes already confirmed that.
JazzBaloo

Evilgamer wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:19 pm
JazzBaloo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:58 pm
I think that answer would depend how many high tiers there end up being, he doesn't usually have that many total slots available.

HIs answer is more that setting up 8 individual pledges for each tuck would make for a messy campaign and fulfillment.

Again there are NO difference in the cards, only the tucks, hes already confirmed that.
Why do you keep saying only the cards are different? People care about the tuck case too.
manu

Unread post by manu »

I’m strangely excited for this one. Something about the color combinations is very pleasing
laitostarr777
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

manu wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:06 pm I’m strangely excited for this one. Something about the color combinations is very pleasing
Although, you CAN’t get whatever color you are after, UNLESS you are willing to blow your vault for that one bundle that can get each of one
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
manu

Unread post by manu »

I’m not after any particular one, I just like the variety. I’ll probably get 2 or 3 and be happy with whatever I get.

Edit: also, the cat on the back doesn’t hurt.

Edit 2: on second inspection, the card at the bottom of the microsite is not the back. It must be one of the extra cards.
Evilgamer

JazzBaloo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:34 pm
Why do you keep saying only the cards are different? People care about the tuck case too.
/shrug and thats fine, we don't have to be attracted by the same thing, Im here for the cards, most decks you could send in a white box with sharpie with the name and artist and I would be fine but I have nothing against tuckists.

If it was 3-4 decks I'd probably do it because I do like to collect his decks but at 8 thats an $ investment in duplicate decks Im not really happy with.

I think a lot more people would be up in arms if it was like the kingstar mystery decks where they WERE different decks, thats why I keep saying it.
JazzBaloo

Evilgamer wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:02 am
JazzBaloo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:34 pm
/shrug and thats fine, we don't have to be attracted by the same thing, Im here for the cards, most decks you could send in a white box with sharpie with the name and artist and I would be fine but I have nothing against tuckists.

If it was 3-4 decks I'd probably do it because I do like to collect his decks but at 8 thats an $ investment in duplicate decks Im not really happy with.

I think a lot more people would be up in arms if it was like the kingstar mystery decks where they WERE different decks, thats why I keep saying it.
Didn’t say anything about tuckists but if someone cares about the tuck as well then ok call it that. I thought the card backs would have diff foil that matched each tuck color, no? I think if someone was concerned with getting all the variants (not that big of a deal for me), I would call that person a completionists and not a tuckist.
felicityk

Unread post by felicityk »

I'll buy the smallest bundle that gets me one of the Pandemonium decks. If that includes more than one Bestiary deck, I'll keep the color scheme I like best.

I have freed myself from wanting multiple color variants when only the back and tuck are different. If it's only the tuck, that's even less of a draw for me.

Lately I've been hearing a lot of the phrase, "commit to the bit". Gio commits to the bit.
Find me on Portfolio 52PinterestKickstarter (backing) • eBay (selling)
JazzBaloo

felicityk wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:50 pm I'll buy the smallest bundle that gets me one of the Pandemonium decks. If that includes more than one Bestiary deck, I'll keep the color scheme I like best.

I have freed myself from wanting multiple color variants when only the back and tuck are different. If it's only the tuck, that's even less of a draw for me.

Lately I've been hearing a lot of the phrase, "commit to the bit". Gio commits to the bit.
Your collecting preferences are fairly common. Many collectors will not care to buy another deck if the only difference is a color change. Many collectors will make sure to get all the diff colors. To each their own. When you say commit to the bit, you mean the Chaos? It will be interesting to see how the campaign goes. On one hand it is sort of like buying mystery decks and is a really diff take for a Gio ks and on the other hand it is sort of a risky proposal to ask anyone to lose some control and make a kind of blind purchase... especially now when the market is iffy. I have no doubts it will get funded but to what degree. This may also be a good strategy to avoid leftover decks if it works.
KingfisherZero

Unread post by KingfisherZero »

I think the "random color" thing is a lot of fun - albeit potentially annoying for the completionists in the crowd. I happen to fall in that camp I'm afraid.

But it feels a little bit like Unbroken-lite. Shouldn't be intended to be a deck where everyone feels compelled to go after every version. Not that it will stop some people.

I would agree - "Gio committing to the bit" is the way I would put it too. I like that phrasing. It fits the Chaos theme. Hopefully more people view it as a fun thing rather than an over-done chase. If TWI wasn't on my completionist-creator list, I'd probably go after the same as felicity. One or two decks and perhaps the Pandemonium.
AKA "The Card Guy"

Subscribe for deck reviews galore! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Y-CG ... 7GFXMmULWA

IG: @TheCardGuyYT
Honeybee
White Whale: Hardcover S17 Anthology

Unread post by Honeybee »

To "commit to the bit" means to fully embrace and dedicate oneself to the execution of a creative idea, character, or scene, no matter how absurd or challenging it may seem, with unwavering conviction and sincerity.

(for others who did not know)
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
JazzBaloo

KingfisherZero wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:05 pm I think the "random color" thing is a lot of fun - albeit potentially annoying for the completionists in the crowd. I happen to fall in that camp I'm afraid.

But it feels a little bit like Unbroken-lite. Shouldn't be intended to be a deck where everyone feels compelled to go after every version. Not that it will stop some people.

I would agree - "Gio committing to the bit" is the way I would put it too. I like that phrasing. It fits the Chaos theme. Hopefully more people view it as a fun thing rather than an over-done chase. If TWI wasn't on my completionist-creator list, I'd probably go after the same as felicity. One or two decks and perhaps the Pandemonium.
What happens to the completionist who was willing to buy 3 or 4 but not 8-10? That is not me but I can picture a scenario where someone would get 0 if they can't get all of them. I think it's fun too cause it's different and if people don't like it then that is their perogative.
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Well, 3 foils are being used for the front, so it all depends on how many combinations B&N and Gio went with, unless they also committed to the bit and will do random combinations that add up to the total print run. It would be too time consuming I'd imagine to do too many variants.
JazzBaloo

kevork wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:16 pm Well, 3 foils are being used for the front, so it all depends on how many combinations B&N and Gio went with, unless they also committed to the bit and will do random combinations that add up to the total print run. It would be too time consuming I'd imagine to do too many variants.
It looks like 8 different tuck boxes to me. How many do you see?
Attachments
Screenshot_20240922_182211_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240922_182211_Chrome.jpg
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Ah, I'll stick to just one then. What's this stuff about Bestiary and Pandemonium? I thought this is just one deck with multiple tuck variants.
Adamthinks
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

kevork wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:46 pm Ah, I'll stick to just one then. What's this stuff about Bestiary and Pandemonium? I thought this is just one deck with multiple tuck variants.
Pandemonium is the holographic gilded version.
JazzBaloo

Adamthinks wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:06 pm
kevork wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:46 pm Ah, I'll stick to just one then. What's this stuff about Bestiary and Pandemonium? I thought this is just one deck with multiple tuck variants.
Pandemonium is the holographic gilded version.
Is the artwork for the Pandemonium and Beastiery versions the same?
KingfisherZero

Unread post by KingfisherZero »

JazzBaloo wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:00 pm
KingfisherZero wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:05 pm I think the "random color" thing is a lot of fun - albeit potentially annoying for the completionists in the crowd. I happen to fall in that camp I'm afraid.

What happens to the completionist who was willing to buy 3 or 4 but not 8-10? That is not me but I can picture a scenario where someone would get 0 if they can't get all of them. I think it's fun too cause it's different and if people don't like it then that is their perogative.
Oh for sure. It's a risky (if interesting) play here. Being a completionist always seems to come to a moment or two that try your commitment to THAT particular bit. :lol:
AKA "The Card Guy"

Subscribe for deck reviews galore! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Y-CG ... 7GFXMmULWA

IG: @TheCardGuyYT
Fenrir

Unread post by Fenrir »

I like 7/8 of these. I will grab one and hope I don't end up with the fluorescent pink as it is my least favourite. I do like the limited edition tuck the best but might be too pricey for me to acquire.
JazzBaloo

Fenrir wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:29 am I like 7/8 of these. I will grab one and hope I don't end up with the fluorescent pink as it is my least favourite. I do like the limited edition tuck the best but might be too pricey for me to acquire.
There is now a 75% chance you will get the pink one 😉, but seriously, do let UC know which one you got cause Murphy's Law can be strangley amusing at times. I am not in any way wishing the pink one against you. The shocking odds of it happening is where most of the interest waits. Is there a fav standard version you'd like so that we can be amazed by those odds if you get it?
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Gio posted the pink version on Instagram, saying it's his favorite. I chuckled when I saw that shortly after seeing your post, Fenrir.
Fenrir

Unread post by Fenrir »

I will definitely let everyone know. Maybe I will like the pink more in person. Remains to be seen.

I am curious if that version with the white and holo will have different cards or if it is just a tuck swap.