PARKS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
JuFiN
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

PARKS

Unread post by JuFiN »

This is a kickstarter for a board game but it also includes a deck of cards (USPCC printed) that can be ordered on its own, figured I would share as not everyone here follows the boardgame kickstarter world as much as I do and many would thus miss it.

Attachments
559d8cecddc98974894831508e5e4820_original.jpg
559d8cecddc98974894831508e5e4820_original.jpg (72.3 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
6f7b8fecae2acb1b87cfa37c5c69c107_original.jpg
6f7b8fecae2acb1b87cfa37c5c69c107_original.jpg (61.6 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
theCapraAegagrus

Re: PARKS

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

The court cards just don't work. EASY PASS.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
macstrat

Re: PARKS (wap)

Unread post by macstrat »

I love the idea as a deck. I agree the courts dont work, but after seeing the game I understand why. I would love to purchase a post card set separately instead of $80 per print. I'll have to thing about this one...
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: PARKS (wap)

Unread post by shermjack »

macstrat wrote:I love the idea as a deck. I agree the courts dont work, but after seeing the game I understand why. I would love to purchase a post card set separately instead of $80 per print. I'll have to thing about this one...
You can get really nice National Park post cards from Robert Decker, who has done many Kickstarters for his amazing National Park Posters here...he actually studied under Ansel Adams when he was 19! I love the old style he portrays! :D

https://www.national-park-posters.com/p ... postcards/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

$12 shipped for a fully customized USPCC deck? I'm in! I was hesitant at first since I normally don't like decks that simply convey media that should NOT be on playing cards but this is a little more thoughtful and well done than that. Plus I read somewhere that the US' best contribution to the world is their national parks. I think. Who knows. Either way I like this deck.

EDIT: I just read the paragraph about the deck more carfuly and found something pretty cool that makes the deck even more worth it:
Our love of board games all started with a standard deck of cards—so when Fifty-Nine Parks brought up the prospect of doing playing cards as well, we jumped at the opportunity! Each face-card will house a park for a total of 12 Parks in the deck. In this set you’ll find: Acadia, Arches, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Great Smoky, Joshua Tree, Mount Rainier, Olympic, Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone, Yosemite, and Zion. The deck will be made with the United States Playing Card Company on premium card stock featuring sustainable forest paper and vegetable-based and metallic inks.
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

Received my board game and deck of cards. The tuck has a classy, embossed foil T11 feel, and the metallic gold ink design on the forest green back really pops. The only metallic ink on the face side is on the AS. Overall a very nice deck. For anyone interested, the components in the game are some of the best I've seen and marry together for a real national park experience.
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
Cardileigh
White Whale: Golden Oath
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Cardileigh »

I got just the cards and was really impressed with the card back and the tuck! I knew the face cards were gonna be poster style national park art and think they came out nicely, though I do prefer something resembling face cards.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

There is another campaign for Parks: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ke ... s-memories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like an expansion pack BUT there seems to be another brown edition of the playing cards based off this picture:
...However it does not appear as though you can pledge just for the deck alone (like you could last time). I wonder how to get it (without having to pledge for the Parks expansion pack)?
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Paul, I just sent him a message to see if he will create a new tier for just the deck...let’s see.

EDIT: This is the response I got...

Thanks for reaching out and for your support of the original campaign. Those decks we've moved to our pledge manager for after the campaign. You can pledge at a dollar to gain access there, or wait and you'll be able to order from our webstore shortly after the campaign has fulfilled, probably at a better shipping rate.

Please note that the original deck is 18 on their site (same price as AoP) plus shipping of 9 :shock: , while on KS it would be 15 plus shipping...I think getting it on KS would be cheaper to be honest.

daddobrendt
White Whale: NetEnt Deck
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by daddobrendt »

shermjack wrote:Paul, I just sent him a message to see if he will create a new tier for just the deck...let’s see.

Thanks for reaching out and for your support of the original campaign. Those decks we've moved to our pledge manager for after the campaign. You can pledge at a dollar to gain access there, or wait and you'll be able to order from our webstore shortly after the campaign has fulfilled, probably at a better shipping rate.

Please note that the original deck is 18 on their site (same price as AoP) plus shipping of 9 :shock: , while on KS it would be 15 plus shipping...I think getting it on KS would be cheaper to be honest.
Unless they change it, flat shipping for any pledge on the campaign is $11... even the pledge manager.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Brendt00 wrote:
shermjack wrote:Paul, I just sent him a message to see if he will create a new tier for just the deck...let’s see.

Unless they change it, flat shipping for any pledge on the campaign is $11... even the pledge manager.
:shock: Thanks, Brendt. Looks like I'll wait until the end of the year when AoP has a sale and pick them up with other decks. :?

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

shermjack wrote:
Brendt00 wrote:

:shock: Thanks, Brendt. Looks like I'll wait until the end of the year when AoP has a sale and pick them up with other decks. :?
I was thinking the same thing, assuming they aren't $18 by the time the Buck's sell them.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

vasta41 wrote:
shermjack wrote:
Brendt00 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, assuming they aren't $18 by the time the Buck's sell them.
The Bucks will sell them for 18 like the ones they have now, but there will be opportunities to get it for around 12 along with a bunch of their other decks in a bundle.

Honeybee
White Whale: Hardcover S17 Anthology
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

Bump

I was interested in this deck and did a little surfing and amongst my finds came across this
Is this an American joke that I am not privy to
NOVEMBER

https://59parks.net/
Attachments
59 parks.JPG
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Well, I wouldn't call it a joke but there is some sarcasm, which I believe is an American invention. They're not literally hiking until November but I would believe the shop is closed until then (for some other reason).
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

cousin of “gone fishing”
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Honeybee

It actually served a good purpose for I listened to what I often preach - sometimes a theme is much better suited (no pun intended) to a book format and much to my delight I found Amazon Australia had it at a fantastic price so it is on the way with free shipping.
The book has the posters for all the parks not just a dozen on the Court cards

The other thing is that the Card Guy was right that the card backs and the courts style did not really gel even though they are both beautiful
His review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSSpNgD7ipk
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
Honeybee

I highly recommend the book. A beautiful hardcover for <$24us

https://www.amazon.com/Art-National-Par ... 328&sr=8-1