Schmierblatt Playing Cards by Rumble59

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Räpylätassu
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Schmierblatt Playing Cards by Rumble59

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

Get ready, Schmiere fans! A swarm of dangerous figures shaped like a poker hand is coming, now. You can see from 100 feet away that you better don't mess with any of these characters: greasy guys without fear of real fights - with only one goal in mind: power! And be aware of the both sexy and feared molls that are anything but only for decoration. Schmiere ravens to gaze at, to gather, to fear and to play poker with.
Fantastic poker hand with ravens in a 20s gangster style by Schmiere.
The four notorious gangs of NYC were made true legends with marked cards, corrupt cops and dirty deals: The Throat Cutters from New Jersey love the color red - a downfall for every victim that had the favor to meet their razors. The Shamrock gang members from Five-Points don't set their hand tools as they can manage to build a weapon from any material. From Hell's Kitchen: the Crazy Knifers who always bring their Switchblades to every gunfight without ever regretting it. And then there is the Gnocci Familia from Bowery that is taking their family crest very serious: The crossed guns have sparked off the bonfire several times.

The poker deck consists of 52 cards and 2 jokers. An additional ace is included - in case you need the proverbial ace in the hole. And a sweet little gift: a coupon card. The poker cards are printed on high-quality cardboard, have a regular competition size and were manufactured by no other than the popular playing cards company Bicycle Cards from the USA. They are the most widely used played cards in the world and can be found on all poker tables - from most expensive tables in Vegas to the most neglected and shabbiest ones at the nearby backyard.
Poker is one of the best-known card games and is convincing enough because of its competition potential. Anyway, it's easy for newcomers to learn - especially as a parlor game, together with beer and chips. In the USA it nearly became sports just like Bowling. Even if there are many different poker cards, Bicycle decks are one of the most popular ones. Collectors will find what they desire and because of many different designs, there will be something for everyone: golden decorations, precious artworks and very cool printings.
Schmierblatt is convincing because of its detailed design and its lovingly elaborations of all Schmiere ravens characters. Get to know each gang member step by step and journey into the shady world of power, violence and intrigues.
The Schmiere Poker cards Schmierblatt at a glance:

52 card deck including 2 jokers
1 additional ace
1 additional coupon card
Sealed
Material: cardboard
Manufactured by Bicycle Cards, USA

Schmiere by Rumble59 offers a big range of pomades and accessories. The poker game Schmierblatt isn't only great for poker friends but even awesome for Schmiere gathers and Rumble59 fans.
BUY FROM HERE for 7,90 € per deck. Worldwide shipping, haven't checked the rates yet.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
STLBluesNut

Re: Schmierblatt Playing Cards

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

the characters are fun and it isnt too bad of a price. ultimately not for me but a pretty cool deck.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Schmierblatt Playing Cards by Rumble59

Unread post by vasta41 »

I'm utterly shocked that USPCC would print this deck with all the guns and knives. I thought they trying to be all PC and shit? Mystifying.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

They did war themed decks in the past so I guess guns and knives aren't a big problem for an US company.

Cool find @Roope. A great deck but the weathered look and the card back plus the banners make me pass on those.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Honeybee
White Whale: Hardcover S17 Anthology
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

I agree about the average backs and the weathering
Weathering rarely piques my interest
Do designers equate weathering with retro or something?
I don't buy old grungy looking decks so why would I want a new one that looks like that?
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

I guess so. You see it mostly on vintage themed decks like Western decks and alike.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
GandalfPC
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

vasta41 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:24 pm I'm utterly shocked that USPCC would print this deck with all the guns and knives. I thought they trying to be all PC and shit? Mystifying.

No, not PC - they are happy to try to take all comers for business like an advertiser would, with a line that certainly includes both war and hunting that they won’t give up easily

I do like the tuck art on this one, cards didn’t take it far enough for me to grab them, but works for me in general

As for weathered look - I have been disappointed in the past with the “in the hands” experience of a deck with that look
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net