The Groundskeeper by Wyrmwood (Produced by the Gentleman Wake, ill. Dan Greta)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
laitostarr777
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Re: The Groundskeeper by Wyrmwood (Produced by the Gentleman Wake, ill. Dan Greta)

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

rousselle wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:37 pm I'm sorry for your loss, Omar.

As for the obscene taxes and shipping charges, I'll remind anyone who has forgotten that His Gentlemanliness is not fulfilling this project, Wyrmwood is. That doesn't take the sting out of anything, I'm simply reminding y'all that if you feel burned, the Wyrms are the folks to talk to about it. IMHO. YMMV.
Yes, currently I am emailing Wyrmwood to know what the HECK is going on regarding my very absurd duties tax value… I AM JUST getting the cards, not their fancy schmanzy wood stuffs
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
Honeybee
White Whale: Hardcover S17 Anthology
Decks Owned: 200

Re: The Groundskeeper by Wyrmwood (Produced by the Gentleman Wake, ill. Dan Greta)

Unread post by Honeybee »

Drewser wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:52 am I love the try-hard, die-hards that feel the need to speak for playing card creators especially when there has been a wrong doing and the people involved have acknowledged it.
You need to read your posts before you hit submit
Where do you get off calling posters try-hards - you would know jack$#!% about 99.9% of other posters
Here is an idea for you - you don't have to share/post everything you think
Good luck Omar, this guy thinks card creators are bad guys
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Drewser wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:52 am I love the try-hard, die-hards that feel the need to speak for playing card creators especially when there has been a wrong doing and the people involved have acknowledged it.
I'm not backing this project at all and have only ever backed a single TGW project and that was more because of the designs by Lotrek.

From the sidelines and as someone who has been on this forum for over 10 years; yeah you are being negative and way out of line.

People who are in grief often can and will say things "in the moment" because of all the feels. You are putting your own opinion on someone and then stating it as fact.

I think this project has been handled incredibly poorly, I said early on I didn't trust the principles and CEO of Wyrmwood based on past actions and I think that has been borne out, sadly. If you want to have anger and vitriol point it towards Wyrmwood. Pointing it toward other users on this forum seems an exercise in futility and just you lashing out.

We have a (mostly) great community here, let's try to keep it that way.
Disenchanted_11

Unread post by Disenchanted_11 »

This thing blew out of proportion.. I don't think they can accomodate my query for now. I'm fine with $29 shipping for 1 card and 3 coins, no tax as it should be - it's the most expensive shipping yet that I'm gonna have to pay. It's $16 for 1 deck but $29 for 3 coins (with or without the deck) so I figured okay it's the minimum I can get for a certain weight treshhold.

But I would suggest they take a step back, and implement the EU friendly shipping no matter how hard it takes. As a developer myself, I really don't understand how/why they couldn't get it right. Okay maybe they got a half-baked dev team that manages their website, it's understandable as they are really not an IT business. But now is a code red situation, damage limitation. No one should really pay the absurd shipping and taxes until they get it right.
Drewser

Unread post by Drewser »

Honeybee wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:18 am
You need to read your posts before you hit submit
Where do you get off calling posters try-hards - you would know jack$#!% about 99.9% of other posters
Here is an idea for you - you don't have to share/post everything you think
Good luck Omar, this guy thinks card creators are bad guys
No Sir, I think you're a bad dude. Take your own advice please.
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

I’m furious with wyrmwood for this. In the aftermath of wyrmwood’s issues last spring I maintained a healthy wait and see approach. I was loyal to the work and stood by my word and the contract. I initially took the job at a much lower pay rate than what I would have gotten for producing these decks for my own business. Why? Because I perceived a lot of fringe benefits to the relationship. For one thing name recognition and exposure to a new audience. I have come to lament the choice. Because the last thing I wanted was to harm the reputation of what I’ve built. I am only able to keep the business alive on the support of my loyal and steadfast supporters. TGW is nothing without them. I’m sorry that so many of you feel taken advantage of. It’s unacceptable. Because of this, barring wyrmwood making amends, I’m planning to terminate my involvement with wyrmwood past the fruition of the corrupted campaign which is where my contract culminates. This means the cancellation of two decks that were in predevelopment.
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

I should mention. The decks may still happen. But likely without any involvement from me.
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

You are acting like a child. Grow up kid. Though perhaps I'm just feeding a troll here.
Drewser

Unread post by Drewser »

Adamthinks wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:54 am

You are acting like a child. Grow up kid. Though perhaps I'm just feeding a troll here.
You're a meatball that can't stand to hear an opinion other than your own. If you want to tell me to be quiet or call me insensitive or rude or say I'm acting like a troll or a child, then I will fire back. You don't scare me clown. You should go read all the angry comments from the ks again. Tell the people there they need to grow up. Good luck.
GandalfPC
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Drewser wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:42 am If he can think I'm being insensitive and formulate his opinion around that then I can think it's manipulative and come to conclusions that support it. We are all entitled to our opinions..... at least.

We are all entitled to our opinions indeed - we just shouldn’t pretend to ourselves they are facts.

As for your conclusion that GW brought up his cat to manipulate I would ask this - do you really think that would in any way benefit him? Don’t you think he is smart enough to understand that the manipulation that would achieve would last a day or three at most and leave him in the same spot - having sullied the moment of his cats passing for nothing. I frankly think you are just being callous.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Drewser

Unread post by Drewser »

GandalfPC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:26 am
Drewser wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:42 am If he can think I'm being insensitive and formulate his opinion around that then I can think it's manipulative and come to conclusions that support it. We are all entitled to our opinions..... at least.

We are all entitled to our opinions indeed - we just shouldn’t pretend to ourselves they are facts.
Pretend? Okay buddy. I'm just pretending while you're dropping knowledge and facts.... sure. Go sell your ideas to someone else. You can pretend to be giving an unbiased, holier than thou opinion but I don't see you responding to anyone else but me. Lame bro. You can do better.
GandalfPC

I’m only half talking to you - the rest is to the public at large reading your comments.

And yes I can do better - but I am going to continue to go easy on you.

In case you are wondering where the line was you crossed, it was when you decided that you knew what GW was thinking.

Drewser

Unread post by Drewser »

GandalfPC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:36 am I’m only half talking to you - the rest is to the public at large reading your comments.

Frankly I don't buy it. Thanks for the useful input to help ease the community. Thank you for going easy on me. You're a real mensch.
GandalfPC

It’s a good thing I’m not trying to sell you anything, nor do I require snide thanks - I do my job for free here.

Drewser

Unread post by Drewser »

GandalfPC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:36 am I’m only half talking to you - the rest is to the public at large reading your comments.

In case you are wondering where the line was you crossed, it was when you decided that you knew what GW was thinking.
I don't claim to have super natural wizard abilities of mind reading but I can call it a duck when I see it. It's not all sunshine and rainbows like it is in fantasy land.
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Drewser wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:40 am

Frankly I don't buy it. Thanks for the useful input to help ease the community. Thank you for going easy on me. You're a real mensch.
You seem dead set on pissing off just about everyone on this forum, including the mod with the most tolerance I have ever seen on a forum.

You've earned yourself a block from me, troll elsewhere "dude".

Reminder to everyone else, you can block a user's posts from being seen by you by clicking on their name and selecting "add foe".
GandalfPC

Drewser wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:44 am I don't claim to have super natural wizard abilities of mind reading but I can call it a duck when I see it. It's not all sunshine and rainbows like it is in fantasy land.

This is what I am seeing - that you refuse to wear rose colored glasses, and I’m with you on that - but there really isn’t any need to go replacing them an over abundance of negativity either.

Around here we strongly enforce innocent until proven guilty, to the limits of our own human frailties.

PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

This campaign is so shit that it's tearing UC apart?

LEGEND.
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
Drewser

Unread post by Drewser »

Strag wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:46 am
Drewser wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:40 am

You seem dead set on pissing off just about everyone on this forum, including the mod with the most tolerance I have ever seen on a forum.

You've earned yourself a block from me, troll elsewhere "dude".

Reminder to everyone else, you can block a user's posts from being seen by you by clicking on their name and selecting "add foe".
I don't care if I'm part of a boys club echo chamber. If having a different opinion and speaking up for myself when attacked is pissing people off then so be it. Mob mentality doesn't deter me. You can keep the status quo by marching in line if you want to but I speak out when I see something unjust.
GandalfPC

Sir Toddalot
White Whale: Delirium Signature Edition

Unread post by Sir Toddalot »

I’m sorry this campaign hasn’t gone well, I’m a big fan of your work TGW, and I hope the negativity around this campaign doesn’t affect your desire to keep make amazing cards and engaging here on UC! I’m lucky enough to be in the US and didn’t have to high of extra costs, but it is disappointing seeing how Wyrmwood is handling fulfillment. Hopefully they can learn from this campaign and make changes for the Corrupted campaign. I don’t think any reasonable people are blaming you for Wyrmwoods failures. Keep producing great decks, I’m really looking forward to the Beetlebacks campaign!

And to no one in particular, it’s perfectly fine to have and voice opinions, but you can do that without being a d!ck.
“An open mind is like to an open wound, vulnerable to poison. Liable to fester. Apt to give its owner only pain.”

-Sand Dan Glokta, The First Law
Drewser

Unread post by Drewser »

GandalfPC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:53 am
Drewser wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:44 am I don't claim to have super natural wizard abilities of mind reading but I can call it a duck when I see it. It's not all sunshine and rainbows like it is in fantasy land.

This is what I am seeing - that you refuse to wear rose colored glasses, and I’m with you on that - but there really isn’t any need to go replacing them an over abundance of negativity either.

Around here we strongly enforce innocent until proven guilty, to the limits of our own human frailties.
I read a bunch of platitudes of certainty from you that deflect from the real problem. Sure we would all agree that in the court of public opinion that one should retain their rights.... all rights, not just the happy feeling compassionate ones. You can label me overly negative for my opinions but I will respect yours until you have given me reason to question them.
GandalfPC

The real problem is not where the conversation turned, as we took a trip down “guess what’s in someone’s heart”

The real problem is that the WW campaign that GW had provided decks for has some issues with extra charges - and that needs to be sorted out as best it can, leaving reputations where they deserve at the end of it.

Is it GW’s fault - no - is it his problem - unquestionably. Where does the line get drawn when we or he decides how much of fixing it is his responsibility is up for fair debate.

On a side note, we do not refer to it as a Boys Club - we refer to it as Civilization

Drewser

Unread post by Drewser »

Sir Toddalot wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:03 am I’m sorry this campaign hasn’t gone well, I’m a big fan of your work TGW, and I hope the negativity around this campaign doesn’t affect your desire to keep make amazing cards and engaging here on UC! I’m lucky enough to be in the US and didn’t have to high of extra costs, but it is disappointing seeing how Wyrmwood is handling fulfillment. Hopefully they can learn from this campaign and make changes for the Corrupted campaign. I don’t think any reasonable people are blaming you for Wyrmwoods failures. Keep producing great decks, I’m really looking forward to the Beetlebacks campaign!

And to no one in particular, it’s perfectly fine to have and voice opinions, but you can do that without being a d!ck.
To noone in particular? Haha. I agree whole heartedly with what you said although it's pretty clear which band wagon you're on. I didn't say it was all his fault. I'm sorry that any unsavoury things I have said don't fall into your reasonable person category. If you have something to say to me then be a man and say it instead of your attempt to passive aggressively ostracize me more.
GandalfPC

I think we should just put a pin in the personal attacks. They will get you banned here for a few weeks or forever, fast.

Tone down the fistacuffs - this thread is about the campaign and I think that topic has plenty to be discussed more important than who has the bigger punchline.

Drewser

Unread post by Drewser »

GandalfPC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:18 am I think we should just put a pin in the personal attacks. They will get you banned here for a few weeks or forever, fast.

Tone down the fistacuffs - this thread is about the campaign and I think that topic has plenty to be discussed more important than who has the bigger punchline.
Yes and it's not about having the last word either or standing on a higher moral ground. You can perceive my replies as attacks or defenses. I don't bow to anyone that wishes to keep me under their thumb with insults or threats.
Fenrir
White Whale: No 17 Crown
Decks Owned: 475

Unread post by Fenrir »

It’s unfortunate to see the issues with this campaign, regardless of how you feel about WW or TGW. That being said, I wonder if this is going to have a negative impact on The Corrupted. I imagine the wooden items will still be popular for the WW diehard fans but I’m curious how this will impact the playing cards community in terms of support.

I’ve been waiting for The Corrupted ever since Omar teased it but I have to say I’m worried. I would almost rather pass on the KS, have Omar obtain some stock and sell it directly on his website. I assume that’s not happening but at the moment that’s my preferred route.
GandalfPC

Drewser wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:23 am Yes and it's not about having the last word either or standing on a higher moral ground. You can perceive my replies as attacks or defenses. I don't bow to anyone that wishes to keep me under their thumb with insults or threats.

That’s fine - and I won’t reply to your next comment so you can have the last word if you wish, but I do feel that the job of moderation has been accomplished, and that it was called for - nothing more - no hard feelings, just trying to keep UC from being X

I will further add that we need people here who refuse to be under thumbs and tow lines - they balance out the flower children nicely. I personally like to waft between the two positions as the wind blows me.

But do try to be nice about it - no reason this place needs to be like everywhere else in the world.

hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Drewser wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:15 am You're a meatball that can't stand to hear an opinion other than your own. If you want to tell me to be quiet or call me insensitive or rude or say I'm acting like a troll or a child, then I will fire back. You don't scare me clown. You should go read all the angry comments from the ks again. Tell the people there they need to grow up. Good luck.
Drewser wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:39 amNo Sir, I think you're a bad dude. Take your own advice please.
MOD NOTE: These are personal attacks and I am banning you

(I hope this is okay, everyone!)
GandalfPC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:27 am I will further add that we need people here who refuse to be under thumbs and tow lines - they balance out the flower children nicely. I personally like to waft between the two positions as the wind blows me.
Sorry Gandalf!

If anyone has comments on this (or anything else, as always), my PMs are open :)
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
GandalfPC

Regarding the campaign issues I see WW as being the bigger company, the one who ran the campaign and the one that made the screw ups, so I do see it as WW’s responsibility to fix - they just left GW out on the plank at the moment and thats no fairer than anyone who got screwed with extra charges.