Maidens by Joker and the Thief

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Adamthinks
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 500

Re: Maidens by Joker and the Thief

Unread post by Adamthinks »

Harvonsgard wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:03 pm Oh smurf that. Cold foil means LPCC... I'm out. Glad I have enough OGs. Call me again when we're talking hot foil.
If it's cold foil, I'd think it'd be much more likely to be Cartamundi.
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

What grinds my gears is they are trying to imply they are printing money, when in the end you will likely only get cards.

“Since the old ones can fetch a price so can the new ones” - as a matter of fact they imply the new ones can fetch a higher price than the old do.

Over the last two years 10 have sold on ebay - one went for 110 and blew the curve a bit - mostly they went for 40 to 60 bucks - plenty lower, few higher.

As for Harvonsgard’s statement - there have been some real cold foil horror shows, and should they be one of those they won’t be worth the paper they are printed on - but of course we can invest as much money as we desire without fear, as J&T will surely include a certificate of its $80 value we can use to convert it to cash.

——————-

I went and checked out all J&T ebay sales over last 2 years - 11 decks went for over 50 dollars, out of 245 auctions

Chance of this deck going for over 80 would be suspect.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Adamthinks wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:20 pm If it's cold foil, I'd think it'd be much more likely to be Cartamundi.
Cartamundi is the most expensive manufacturer and seeing that all foil decks from the American boys (Like TXI, fontaines, ...) come from China, I doubt James goes with Cartamundi. Which doesn't matter for me anyways though since I dislike Cartamundi cards even more than LPCC. The only guy who makes me buy Cartamundi cards is Lorenzo and I hate him for that 😂.
GandalfPC wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:59 pm “Since the old ones can fetch a price so can the new ones” - as a matter of fact they imply the new ones can fetch a higher price than the old do.
I think you're misinterpreting in this case. Knowing James the line is more meant as a, "Don't be a dummy, don't buy aftermarket."
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
manu

Unread post by manu »

Kickstarter is live
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

really on the fence with these. i like them, just not sure if i $21 or $26 like them without shipping.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

No info on printer in the campaign or did I miss it on the campaign page?
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
rorschach

Unread post by rorschach »

The original is fantastic, and I would not doubt for a second that the second will be just as if not better quality, but the shipping is abysmal. $18AUD for a single deck to Canada (and most of the world). By contrast, I just paid shy of $7AUD for shipping a 3 deck + extras set from the current TWI campaign. I've been a loyal supporter of J&T since inception, but whomever the shipping partner, it has caused me to stop backing the last few campaigns and just picking them up second hand for much cheaper shipping, or not at all.
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

Am I correct that the add-on for a deck is $32, gilded deck $52? That seems extreme. While the a reward level of one each is $56 and seems more reasonable.
GandalfPC
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

I noticed the gilded, and the huge price tag on getting a standard and gilded pair - and dropped out. Just turned off.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Fenrir
White Whale: No 17 Crown
Decks Owned: 475

Unread post by Fenrir »

The pricing is high. I was originally in for a gilded but went with just a few regular versions.

I wish there were uncut sheets but James said it wouldn’t happen.