Oaknut Green Edition

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Reylek
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes

Oaknut Green Edition

Unread post by Reylek »

Hi folks. Penguin are excited to announce our second deck of 2023. Only 20 days into the year, we're starting off strong!

The new deck is a Green edition of our Oaknut deck. You may remember the original 2-deck Brown Oaknut set, which was the debut of our UltraLux Finish & AquaFlow Coating, presented at the 52+J convention in 2021.

The deck has a sweet green paper tuck box with white & gold foils on the outside, gold foil inside, and embossing on the front of the tuck.

The cards have a vibrant green back coloration, with the same design as the originals - impeccable work from Anna Lukavska.

This is a new approach for our TGIF decks.

The deck is free with shippable orders of $100+ today through Thursday the 26th, or while supplies last.

However, the deck can also be purchased on its own for $25.

Or if you buy 4 of them, you'll get a 5th one for free as part of the TGIF promo. However you want to approach it.

More info & photos can be found here:

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/18200

Thanks!!
shunterino
White Whale: Wicked Kingdom
Decks Owned: 146

Re: Oaknut Green Edition

Unread post by shunterino »

If the card backs looked like the back of the tuck then I would consider it worth $25. As it is, scarcity isn't something I buy for. Nice to see you guys are making these decks available to buy for people who want them though.
Bikefanatic
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

It looks ok but I like the brown better.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

Here's a short write-up I put together, along with some of the promo pictures of this new deck.

The Oaknut Playing Cards (Green Edition) is the latest release from Penguin Magic:

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/18200

This deck is being released in a limited numbered edition of 500, and is included free with >$100 purchases as part of their current TGIF offer, and for the first time is also available for separate purchase at $25.

It's a follow-up to the 2021 Oaknut deck, which debuted Penguin's UltraLux stock. The artwork was designed by Anna Lukavska, and revolves around the acorn, which is the seed of the oak tree, and a symbol of life, strength, and more. Now in a green colour way, it's fully customized and yet has a semi-traditional look to ensure it is practical enough for use in the real world for card games or card magic.

--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Will there be a gilded release, like there was with the originals?
This space intentionally left blank.
Reylek
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Reylek »

No green gilded for now - but never say never!

The green are over 2/3 sold out, we don’t expect them to last too much longer.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

i like penguin magic so i dont want to be too mean but $25 for this?
Reylek
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Reylek »

An increasing number of decks are hitting the market with no special material features, in a much higher print quantity, for $15-18.

There are only 500 of these decks printed. As most of us know, quantity has a major impact on pricing.

The deck has a premium colored paper tuck with 2 colors of foil, foiling on the inside, embossing, and an individually-numbered foil seal.

We had a lot of requests on our various 2022 TGIF decks to make them available for sale. We're happy to still offer these as a free gift with purchase, but also wanted to make them available for those who just want to grab the deck and don't prefer the GWP model.

I don't think you'll find any other card dealers offering the same value at $100 that Penguin does with great pricing, free worldwide shipping, and free bonus gifts.
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

I got this deck. Really really liked the original edition. I think this one would be neater if the acorns on the green backs were brown.