Love Is A Smoke V2 Legacy Edition by Riccardo Conturbia (Velata Playing Cards)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Love Is A Smoke V2 Legacy Edition by Riccardo Conturbia (Velata Playing Cards)

Unread post by vasta41 »

According to the TaiPESTRY thread, you can order these by emailing Riccardo at riccardo.conturbia@gmail.com for now. I live in the US and he quoted me 17 euros/dollars for the deck and 17 for shipping as well. :( He also said a half brick would cost around 30 for shipping, which is obviously a better value.
AD59CEA5-C909-47AF-BEB0-B91012069D35.jpeg
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Love Is A Smoke V2 Legacy Edition by Riccardo Conturbia (Velata Playing Cards)

Unread post by vasta41 »

For people in the US, if my math serves, it'd be $34 for one deck. If someone like me ordered a half brick (at $17 each) and shipping was in fact $30, then the total would be $132, divided by six would be $22 each. Then it would probably cost around $4 to ship domestically, making the grand total $26 for anyone who wants one.
Might be worth it, assuming no 3rd party, US retailers will be selling it. PM me if you want one and if I get 5 bites, I'll probably pull the trigger.

EDIT: I just talked to Riccardo and he is willing to offer a half brick (and brick) at a discount so the grand total will be around $23. Please let me know if you're interested and I'll buy a brick/half brick right away.
kevork
Collector: Yes
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: Love Is A Smoke V2 Legacy Edition by Riccardo Conturbia (Velata Playing Cards)

Unread post by kevork »

vasta41 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:00 am For people in the US, if my math serves, it'd be $34 for one deck. If someone like me ordered a half brick (at $17 each) and shipping was in fact $30, then the total would be $132, divided by six would be $22 each. Then it would probably cost around $4 to ship domestically, making the grand total $26 for anyone who wants one.
Might be worth it, assuming no 3rd party, US retailers will be selling it. PM me if you want one and if I get 5 bites, I'll probably pull the trigger.

EDIT: I just talked to Riccardo and he is willing to offer a half brick (and brick) at a discount so the grand total will be around $23. Please let me know if you're interested and I'll buy a brick/half brick right away.
Sure, I'd be open to one if pooling together means saving money.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

At this point, I'm definitely getting at least a half brick. The only question now is if there's enough interest to get a brick. I'll wait a few more days then I'll keep anyone that wants at least one deck posted via PM.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

does anyone else keep seeing ''Velveeta" when the glance over the title instead of Velata?
Conturbia
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Conturbia »

Thanks guys, I'll do my best to provide you with this deck :)
Conturbia
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Conturbia »

STLBluesNut wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:06 am does anyone else keep seeing ''Velveeta" when the glance over the title instead of Velata?
Do you know the origin of the current name? :)
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

when i look it up a get a famous portrait, a battle and a fondue warmer lol. i am assuming with the smiley face you named it after the fondue warmer and the velveeta reference is cheese.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Plus one for fondue warmer.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

You mean you actually named your current company after a chocolate fondue and not Raphael's La Velata? :ugthink: :ugdance:
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

In Italian, the singular feminine of veiled or concealed
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

vasta41 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:00 am For people in the US, if my math serves, it'd be $34 for one deck. If someone like me ordered a half brick (at $17 each) and shipping was in fact $30, then the total would be $132, divided by six would be $22 each. Then it would probably cost around $4 to ship domestically, making the grand total $26 for anyone who wants one.

Vasta, did you ever end up purchasing the half brick/brick? Otherwise, Zurgery is selling them in his buy/sell thread, so I'll have to go with that.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

kevork wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:54 pm

Vasta, did you ever end up purchasing the half brick/brick? Otherwise, Zurgery is selling them in his buy/sell thread, so I'll have to go with that.
All the ones I bought are spoken for. Sorry!
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

vasta41 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:37 pm

Aw damn :( I had originally responded to your comment back in November. Alrighty, thank you!
Swiski66
White Whale: Playing Arts Special Edition
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Swiski66 »

What do these cards look like? Any images you guys can post here?
Zurgery
White Whale: DAVID BLAINE - Create magic

Unread post by Zurgery »

Swiski66 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:03 am What do these cards look like? Any images you guys can post here?
I've got the decks but I don't open cards sooooo
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

kevork wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:39 pm
vasta41 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:37 pm

Aw damn :( I had originally responded to your comment back in November. Alrighty, thank you!
You're right, you did. I just scrolled up and saw it. I'm so sorry I missed that! I was replying to my PMs and totally forgot to check the thread. I'll PM you soon and see if there's a way I can make this up.