Tattoo Playing Cards by Thanh Phan [KS]

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Tattoo Playing Cards by Thanh Phan [KS]

Unread post by hsbc »

Coming this month

P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
PiazzaDelivery

Re: Tattoo Playing Cards by Thanh Phan [KS]

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

Faces are gorgeous, backs are hideous. Scratch the Joker: it should be Two-Face.
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

oh wow! the art on this is amazing! the tucks, the courts.

i do feel like the 2 jokers are out of place in this deck with the other courts that are shown. maybe they will make more sense when seeing all of the cards.

it appear that the courts are different for each deck, which i love. so, for me, it would be worth it to get both decks. i am concerned that both decks may only be available in some sort of boxed set. i cannot tell if the first picture is a second type of boxed set or just some setting or display for the picture. either way, just the decks please. please do not gate getting the set or one of the decks behind having to buy a fancy box.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Jokers are shit. Tuck boxes could be better. Courts are chef's kisses.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
kasuma99
White Whale: Dynasty Black deck by Florey
Decks Owned: 666

Unread post by kasuma99 »

I was lucky to know the artist myself, let me try to drag him here for a better deck this time!
I mostly collect Stockholm17 and always looking for any S17 New/Opened decks/ accessories: Brick Boxes, prints, coins, Pins, ect... If you have some weird small thing and want to trade/sell please let me know! If you are also a fan and have free time to chat, feel free to send me a PM!
P52: https://portfolio52.com/profile/20009
Instargram: https://www.instagram.com/kasuma99/
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/kasuma9999
Up to date sale list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

I would go with this deck over Real Skin. Real Skin is like the Playing Arts deck or AoP's Ultimate deck; where it's a pure art deck. It's great for what it is, but not playable. This one is more playable as it's only 1 artist with a unified theme
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

this campaign is live and it seems pretty good. you can get one deck or the other or both together. there are box sets but not required. $15 each seems just what i would expect from these deck's features. i still think the jokers on the cool deck are out of place but i really like the art overall. will be in for these.
DestinationQ1
Decks Owned: 450

Unread post by DestinationQ1 »

A solid deck. I pledged for the 4 deck package. Plus he is Vietnamese, nice to support a fellow from the same country. I hope the quality of the card stock and tuck are good. Any knowledge of the company printing these?

I was a little disappointed with the Kingdom deck (by a different artist/creator) received a few months ago through their KS campaign. The tuck looks nice but I question the quality, looks very thin to me…
kasuma99
White Whale: Dynasty Black deck by Florey
Decks Owned: 666

Unread post by kasuma99 »

DestinationQ1 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:21 pm A solid deck. I pledged for the 4 deck package. Plus he is Vietnamese, nice to support a fellow from the same country. I hope the quality of the card stock and tuck are good. Any knowledge of the company printing these?

I was a little disappointed with the Kingdom deck (by a different artist/creator) received a few months ago through their KS campaign. The tuck looks nice but I question the quality, looks very thin to me…
I has the chance to handle his prototype in one of the recent meeting in the Local Offline event in HoChiMinh city, while it's a shame that i wasn't able to lure him into selling me his prototypes, i can vouch for the Cards and tuck quality :ugdance:.
While the earlier decks of his uses stock with not as good quality, the later one has been improving tremendously and now on the Tattoo deck (at least the prototype one) the stock feels awesome, exactly how the Notorious gambling frog of S17 recently, also the gilded deck handled just as nice as the non gilded! the smoothness is good as i can spring and fan without issue, can even riffle fan for almost 3 full circles with a handled deck.
The tuck i think look abit thinner on the campaign than in real life, it was thick black core matte paper stock which is thicker than standard USPC and almost as thick as a Parour tuck.

The man is doing great but he is abit shy, i will try to drag him here right now lol, he need to see all the suggestions!
I mostly collect Stockholm17 and always looking for any S17 New/Opened decks/ accessories: Brick Boxes, prints, coins, Pins, ect... If you have some weird small thing and want to trade/sell please let me know! If you are also a fan and have free time to chat, feel free to send me a PM!
P52: https://portfolio52.com/profile/20009
Instargram: https://www.instagram.com/kasuma99/
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/kasuma9999
Up to date sale list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Nice to see it hit it's goal.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
aardvarkgod

Unread post by aardvarkgod »

Hopefully, he's learned from his recent campaign (Rising Hell) and the complaints he's getting from that. I too, have complaints...the packing was so tight that one fo the decks got damaged, and somehow the numbered seal (inside the cello) was smudged beyond recognition.
288942621_421624913018364_1432595663030612346_n.jpg
289025429_557298329227944_6153243548815785735_n.jpg
djrosen

Unread post by djrosen »

You should open them (The Rising Hell) if you really want to be disappointed. The cards came out horrible, as much as I loved this tattoo deck when he first showed it, no way I would back this deck which is a shame.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

My decks arrived safe and sound. Thanh Phan did a great job, and on time as well.

IMG_0746[1].JPG
IMG_0746[1].JPG (204.79 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
IMG_0745[1].JPG
IMG_0745[1].JPG (61.92 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction