The Eye Of The Ocean - Stockholm 17

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
kevork
Collector: Yes
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: The Eye Of The Ocean - Stockholm 17

Unread post by kevork »

Bradius wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:01 pm Depending on what Lorenzo releases and such, I might put up one of my half-brick sets for sale that would include the wooden box, mini deck coin and bookmark. I kinda wish now I had purchased extra astrolabs for each set....
Yeah, the box would be amazing. I ordered the 3 decks second-hand but opened the two for the quest, but now I'm looking to complete the set with unopened decks, both standard and gilded, and the box seems quite fitting. I love the thought, time, and effort put into this campaign.
Bikefanatic wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:32 am
kevork wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:56 am Hopefully I can purchase some of the decks upon public release as I wasn't a collector back when the kickstarter took place. That wooden box looks exquisite! I hope it will be for sale too :o
I'll be hitting you up in the pm soon. I can get you up to speed on certain decks you want. :D
That sounds great!
Bikefanatic
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

krystalie wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:31 pm
kevork wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:56 am Hopefully I can purchase some of the decks upon public release as I wasn't a collector back when the kickstarter took place. That wooden box looks exquisite! I hope it will be for sale too :o
I'll be hitting you up in the pm soon. I can get you up to speed on certain decks you want. :D
Could you hit me up on some of the decks too please? I recently started collecting too and missed numerous campaigns so I'm hunting them down...
I saw your post of the decks you're looking for, I don't have any of those.

It's been awhile since I've updated my thread on decks to sell plus new stuff I have.

My general advice for new members will be to actually engage in the threads, being an active member instead of only looking for decks. Makes you seem suspect to other members, it'll be nice to build some type of rapport.

As a reply related to this deck, I got my Solis deck weeks ago. Though it's a lil' smaller, I really like the coin and how it's two toned.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
krystalie
White Whale: Gothik By Ian Daniels

Unread post by krystalie »

Bikefanatic wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:21 pm
krystalie wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:31 pm
Could you hit me up on some of the decks too please? I recently started collecting too and missed numerous campaigns so I'm hunting them down...
I saw your post of the decks you're looking for, I don't have any of those.

It's been awhile since I've updated my thread on decks to sell plus new stuff I have.

My general advice for new members will be to actually engage in the threads, being an active member instead of only looking for decks. Makes you seem suspect to other members, it'll be nice to build some type of rapport.

As a reply related to this deck, I got my Solis deck weeks ago. Though it's a lil' smaller, I really like the coin and how it's two toned.
Ah I see thank you, kinda new here so I don't really know the dynamics of the community so I daren't post anything yet except neutral ones like BUY/SELL and questions.
Sell/Trade | P52(WIP) | Buy | In sooth I know not why I am so sad
kasuma99
White Whale: Dynasty Black deck by Florey
Decks Owned: 666

Unread post by kasuma99 »

The peoples here are chill lol, no worry, just say what you think.
Of course positive inputs are generally viewed as better than negative one but to my experience lurking around only different opinions can spark up a good exchange session.
And if you are still worry about what is tolerable, you can look up some chat history in New & Custom decks area, there are some comments so aggressive that almost reach personal attacks lol.
I mostly collect Stockholm17 and always looking for any S17 New/Opened decks/ accessories: Brick Boxes, prints, coins, Pins, ect... If you have some weird small thing and want to trade/sell please let me know! If you are also a fan and have free time to chat, feel free to send me a PM!
P52: https://portfolio52.com/profile/20009
Instargram: https://www.instagram.com/kasuma99/
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/kasuma9999
Up to date sale list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Personal attacks are of course taboo - and kindness is appreciated :)

95217CE5-4EC1-4945-B02B-FFA6A2A75DC0.jpeg
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

My impression of this community is so positive two months into it. Pertaining to this thread, Lorenzo was kind enough to reach out to someone I bought my book and decks from, to verify forfeiture of his entry and give me a shot at the quest. Who goes out of their way to do that? What a kind-hearted dude. Granted I had no idea at the time that I wouldn't have been eligible, as the disclaimer wasn't specified in his KS.

Now I must be patient for the August raffle.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Lorenzo does it again. This will certainly be Deck of the Year for me.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

Capra! Great to "see" you again!
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

hey hey welcome back! i have missed your comments!
theCapraAegagrus

It'll be great to interact with a lot of you again. I've been around, just kept to the General sub-forum. I've only been interested in a literal handful of decks over the past 3 years, making it difficult to be interested in the other areas of this site. I think that I have a fractured heel now, though, so spending more time on the bench means that I'll have much more time to peruse the areas I've been missing.

And, well, tear decks to shreds when their design deserves it of course.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

theCapraAegagrus wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:17 am It'll be great to interact with a lot of you again. I've been around, just kept to the General sub-forum. I've only been interested in a literal handful of decks over the past 3 years, making it difficult to be interested in the other areas of this site. I think that I have a fractured heel now, though, so spending more time on the bench means that I'll have much more time to peruse the areas I've been missing.

welcome back. been missing your comments especially the shit decks which there are becoming more of.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Per comments above about Lorenzo: yeah, he's an absolute class act, and it is super easy to get behind his projects. Great guy, great designer, and one of the best at keeping his backers up-to-date on how his projects are progressing. This project started off seeming like an odd theme to me, and yet... wow. Just wow. Brilliant execution, and it has been truly a thrill to watch this project develop from idea to fruition.
This space intentionally left blank.
krystalie
White Whale: Gothik By Ian Daniels

Unread post by krystalie »

Not sure if I am qualified to say this but the decks are up on penguin and socal for any dudes who missed it like me! Does anyone know if the Teal/Blue gilded version will be sold on stockholm's official web site tho?
Sell/Trade | P52(WIP) | Buy | In sooth I know not why I am so sad
steampunk52

Unread post by steampunk52 »

krystalie wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:17 am Does anyone know if the Teal/Blue gilded version will be sold on stockholm's official web site tho?
He produced the teal/blue gilded decks to number pledged during the campaign and Backerkit. Per the kickstarter page:

• I will know how many gilded decks will be printed AFTER the completion of the surveys (approx 15-20 days after the end of the kickstarter campaign. Estimated end of June.

There is no limit at the moment. If via kickstarter the backers order 2000 decks, I will order 2000 decks plus a little more just to be safe.
    Numbers cannot be chosen, they are assigned randomly. Therefore no matching numbers.

It is possible that gilded decks can be ordered via pre-order store (Backerkit) for a limited amount of time after the campaign.

It is possible to add them during the surveys (with Backerkit)

I produce the number of gilded decks ordered via kickstarter and at the pre-order store (with Backerkit).
    The regular decks will not be numbered and have no seal.

Retailers might have them if they order via kickstarter or backerkit

He doesn't say he won't have a few extras to sell on his website, but if he does, it would likely be just a few
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

In looking at SoCal's website, I don't see any information that the decks are guilded, so most likely they are not gilded. However, you could email Henry and see. He might even have some gilded versions he will sell you. It never hurts to ask.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
GandalfPC
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

From Stockholm17 instagram: “The Eye of the Ocean. The 1st of June I release the leftover on my shop, including all the items offered in the campaign except codex and Quartermaster.”

Wounded corner has some at the moment as well:

Lunae Gilded:

https://woundedcorner.com/collections/n ... -1600-made

Solis Gilded:

https://woundedcorner.com/collections/n ... -1600-made

Astra Polaris Signature:

https://woundedcorner.com/collections/n ... 200-of-555
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

We also have a few of the Gilded Editions available still: www.jacksandjokers.co.uk
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Some additional thoughts on the rewards.

I was just noticing that the gilded Solis and Lunae decks only 1,600 issued. While this seems like a lot, for Lorenzo, it is a fairly small quantity. Just to put that into perspective, there were 4400 Heretic Lux printed and 4,100 Heretic Nox decks issued (standard numbered). I say that to point out that now, getting either of those decks is considerably difficult. While that is about as good a comparison as I can come up with, it is still apples and oranges. Who knows how these gilded decks will perform in the secondary market in the future. Also, given Lorenzo's statements, it appears he is willing to produce more of the non-exclusive Eye of the Ocean decks in the future and likely keep the price reasonable. If he does, would this impact theses limited decks price in the secondary market? I don't know. i could actually see it hurting or helping them in the secondary market. More available decks of his could actually increase interest in his decks and act as an entry point to collect his stuff that some will want to expand to get things like these gilded versions, or it could just flood the market such that people have little interest in spending a significant premium on these limited gilded decks. I don't have a crystal ball on this stuff. However, as a collector I do prefer to get limited releases. I think Lorenzo struck a nice balance here with having some regular releases and some limited. It is also nice the limited releases didn't break the bank - not even close.

I also really like the gilding colors. I am not sure what I like more, but they all look great. I am leaning toward the teal Lunae, but it isn't a clear favorite. I just can't get over how well Lorenzo can execute such a beautiful design and then package it so well and affordably. It is just a brilliance of execution.

I do find I am wearing out the tips of a few of the waves at the top of the tuck as I use some of the cards. While that isn't great for keeping the tuck in pristine condition, I kind of like having my opened deck show some wear that demonstrates this is a deck that is loved and used.

My banker is happy that Lorenzo can't put these massive campaigns together any faster. As an avid collector though, I can't wait for part two.

Also, I understand there are at least a few wooden crate boxes that will be sold on his shopify site. Patrons will get first crack at them, and I am guessing they will get what remains of them before the general release starts. If you are a patron and missed them, you really should consider picking up one if you can.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
laitostarr777
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

I somehow have a regret for not upgrading my decks to add gilded options, as I won't be using them for anything extreme XD
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Well, even if he mass produces a deck, there will be some variation to indicate a difference. Collectors will still value the original. Think numbered 52+Joker club deck vs. unnumbered, or HotRS V1 vs V2. Mass marketing HotRS puts him on so many people's radar, with the added bonus of people having the opportunity to enjoy his amazing work without the financial barrier.

I like that you mentioned a balance. He definitely seems to have struck it here, and continues to be a class act. I told him how much I paid for his signature decks of the series, and even though he had cited his store would reflect market prices, he is still going to keep it low and reasonable. I admire that a lot.
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

theCapraAegagrus wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:17 am It'll be great to interact with a lot of you again. I've been around, just kept to the General sub-forum. I've only been interested in a literal handful of decks over the past 3 years, making it difficult to be interested in the other areas of this site. I think that I have a fractured heel now, though, so spending more time on the bench means that I'll have much more time to peruse the areas I've been missing.

Fractured heels are the worst! Did mine (talus and calcaneus) ... 4 years ago now and it was a year before I felt right again.
theCapraAegagrus

portcullis wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:06 am

Fractured heels are the worst! Did mine (talus and calcaneus) ... 4 years ago now and it was a year before I felt right again.
I just provided an update in General that it's not a fracture. By suffering through the pain on Wednesday and walking on it, I gave myself an extreme case of Achilles tendonitis. Should be back on my feet this week. Let me tell you, though, my body gave me every indication that it was a fracture. Lesson: Always baby your injuries.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Fenrir
White Whale: No 17 Crown
Decks Owned: 475

Unread post by Fenrir »

I am still waiting on my shipment. USPS is killing me with this delivery timeframe. Hoping it arrives soon. From everything I have seen I am going to need to be sitting down when I open it.
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

I know I'm picky but I'm disappointed in Cartamundi's registration. I think USPCC is rubbing off on them.
AAB2B8B4-6495-4F14-A2EB-4A90C628BAA6.jpeg
C6CDCC8B-39A1-43E7-85BF-204E77E77318.jpeg
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Lel... this would be USPCC at their best day. And I can admit that while still preferring USPCC over Cartamundi overall.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Where am I meant to look re: registration issues? These cards look fine to me :o
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

kevork wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:00 pm Where am I meant to look re: registration issues? These cards look fine to me :o
Right and left borders...on the card backs, the right side is thicker than the left and on the faces, it is the opposite
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

kevork wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:00 pm Where am I meant to look re: registration issues? These cards look fine to me :o
The beauty of being sane.
When collectors get bored they tend to complain about something like the image on the card not being perfectly centered.
It was fun when USPCC blessed us with some indeed way-off and even slightly tilted cards (Rogue's Gallery) but once in a while someone complains about a quite normal shift within a millimeter when there is nothing else to do.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
laitostarr777
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

But on the bright side: at least Cartamundi's case is just a few, rather like USPCC's case that just almost every time
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
EndersGame

Unread post by EndersGame »

Of those who have these decks, which do you like the best: the Blue/Gold (Solis) or the Green/Silver (Lunae)?

--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=