Leaf Playing Cards - some new photography

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Tal

Leaf Playing Cards - Now Available *NO KICKSTARTER*

Unread post by Tal »

So just wanted to share more information about me and this project I was working on the past year
First of all altough not a part of this forum's community, I have been into cards for many years, before fontaines even came out.

I was always into minimal back design style along with the right eye-catching coloring, but I also enjoy discovering new details on customized face cards, so I wanted to create a deck I would love to own myself!
I was planning on starting a kickstarter, but unfortunately due to techincal limitations I was not able to, I decided to invest - and funded the project from my own pocket, I only got a very partially funding by wholeselling to magic sellers... but I was thankful I had the opportunity to get my deck out there.
So yeah - the deck is available in alot of magic sellers such as: Penguin magic, murphy's magic, vanishing magic, magic corner, trip on magic, magicshop and alot more, cant list em all here

I was also working to create my own unique web store - https://leafcards.store
so you if you like the deck, you can get it from magic sellers as I already mentioned, BUT - you can purchase it directly from me, why buy from me?:

- Cheaper price

- quantity discount - buy more pay less

- I did my best to get the best shipping rates I can get

- this way you support me the most

- exclusive coupons for email subscribers

Webstore - https://leafcards.store

Instagram - Leaf Playing Cards - Instagram

feedback is also welcome, Thanks!
george

Re: Leaf Playing Cards - Now Available *NO KICKSTARTER*

Unread post by george »

Good on you for venturing out and funding your own deck! You design it in a vacuum and get it printed, and now you're releasing it out to the world to hopefully a warm welcome! I wish you well. Was it a 1,000 deck run? I just placed my order for 1!

FYI, there's a typo on the "Quantity Discount" button.

George
george

Unread post by george »

Heads up Tal, it looks like your webhost may be down intermittently due to rising traffic on the server. I hope you can get setup to sell decks directly.

I peeked and I do see that Penguin has the decks listed via Murphys for less and withfree shipping, which is hard for small retailers like yourself to match. Again, best of luck!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 11.36.20 AM.png
Tal

Unread post by Tal »

george wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:59 am Good on you for venturing out and funding your own deck! You design it in a vacuum and get it printed, and now you're releasing it out to the world to hopefully a warm welcome! I wish you well. Was it a 1,000 deck run? I just placed my order for 1!

FYI, there's a typo on the "Quantity Discount" button.

George
Thanks for pointing out the typo - fixed... by the way if you guys spot any problems with the webstore please let me know...
you described it just right, designed, printed, but also created a unique webstore - which was alot of hard work and I do indeed hope for a warm welcome
it was abit more than 1,000 .. :) thank you for your support and kind words !

george wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:38 am Heads up Tal, it looks like your webhost may be down intermittently due to rising traffic on the server. I hope you can get setup to sell decks directly.

I peeked and I do see that Penguin has the decks listed via Murphys for less and withfree shipping, which is hard for small retailers like yourself to match. Again, best of luck!

I have made some changes which took some memory, refresh the page and it should be ok... I am aware of penguin magic price, It is a temporary discount and I am in contact with them its ok :) as long as the decks sells I am happy
Tal

Leaf Playing Cards - some new photography

Unread post by Tal »

Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Leaf Playing Cards - some new photography

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Nice concept and best of success with your deck. Just a heads-up but maybe you should rethink the picture in your signature here. You catch attention with that, no doubt, but I personally learn to hate stuff I see allover the place pretty quick.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Tal

Unread post by Tal »

Harvonsgard wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:56 am Nice concept and best of success with your deck. Just a heads-up but maybe you should rethink the picture in your signature here. You catch attention with that, no doubt, but I personally learn to hate stuff I see allover the place pretty quick.
really? I never tought about this... ill think about it, thanks
Strag
Collector: Yes
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

I agree. Having a large picture in your sig is very annoying.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I sent a PM about this before I saw this thread. Didn't mean to "pile on" lol.

Just for posterity: We haven't had very strict guidelines on signatures (or if we do, we haven't had a reason to enforce them much), but due to the nature of this forum having lots of pictures posted, a banner-style signature picture would absolutely look much better. We can have a discussion on what should and shouldn't be allowed if people want to, but that's for another thread in another forum.

Back on topic: It's a clean design in the same vein as OPC's fruit decks. Not for me, but my collection criteria have become super narrow :ugeek:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Tal

Unread post by Tal »

Tal

Unread post by Tal »

EndersGame
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

I don't think we've seen some decent pictures of the court cards and number cards posted in this thread yet. These are both from the creator's Instagram.

--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=