OATH'S PATREON -details

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
VXD
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: OATH'S PATREON -details

Unread post by VXD »

aznh wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:46 am ok here comes the trolls
Pot calling kettle black :lol:
VISIT OUR WEBSITE & SHOP:
https://vxdgaming.com/
Bradius
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

In the case of aznh, the definition of "troll" is the "troll" that defends Lotrek.

I will not defend Lotrek. I think anyone here knows Lotrek is often quite late in delivering anything not already made, and sometimes even stuff that is made. It is what it is. If you don't like it, just don't be a patron. Personally, I think Lotrek's work is worth the wait, but I can understand why others don't think it is worth the wait. Don't expect to change Lotrek. Either deal with it, or don't be a Patron. No one is putting a gun to your head to be a Patron.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

aznh wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:46 am … more fantastic then opening up more tiers right now
1) Opening up new tiers for the coming year does not effect the production of last years deck.

2) There is nothing more fantastic than opening up new tiers now.

3) If you want something in a hurry, buy something from a store - if you want to support an artist, pledge on kickstarter or on patreon and be patient
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
masagin303

Unread post by masagin303 »

aznh wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:46 am if only mr.oath knew how to create a deck in a year and ship it out 2 us would be even more fantastic then opening up more tiers right now

buddy pulls in over 10k/month min. on 180+ subs and still cant deliver in a timely fashion... hummm 1yr+ and i havent recd anything after $45x12months = $540/year and we have how many decks in hand

ok here comes the trolls to defend ur great leader
That was expected I guess. That's why I haven't joined Oath's Patreon in the first place. I support S17 on Patreon and the value is more consistent there in my opinion.
Remember Earth clearly.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

aznh wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:46 am if only mr.oath knew how to create a deck in a year and ship it out 2 us would be even more fantastic then opening up more tiers right now

buddy pulls in over 10k/month min. on 180+ subs and still cant deliver in a timely fashion... hummm 1yr+ and i havent recd anything after $45x12months = $540/year and we have how many decks in hand

at his going rates for decks, i would expect a deck per 2 months, 3 at most, if i were joining that patreon as a reward based sub and not with the intent of just supporting the artist. i know he does some pretty phenomenal foil work but most of the time, his style is just not for me. especially at the prices his decks get. is what i would say not having looked at the patreon.

having just looked at the patreon. the 48.50 tier specifically says a yearly deck x2 copies. so it is pretty straight forward that you will only get 2 copies of one deck per year for that price. that is definitely not the patreon for me. perhaps you joined mid cycle? so you weren't in long enough for the previous deck but the next yearly deck hasn't been finished yet? or it is just the widely known lotrek delays. i can understand your frustration. perhaps you didn't know of his reputation before joining. long delays and high prices are the name of the game when it comes to lotrek decks. that is the price one pays for what some consider to be the best decks out there. i am not one of those.
Sir Toddalot
White Whale: Delirium Signature Edition

Unread post by Sir Toddalot »

I just joined. Definitely one of the more pricey Patreons, but I decided it would be worth it. Maybe. :? Anyways, it’s not just about getting rewards, it’s about supporting an artist you like. :D If you’re wanting to join a Patreon just for rewards, I don’t think anyone can beat Thirdway Industries in terms of value for your money.
“An open mind is like to an open wound, vulnerable to poison. Liable to fester. Apt to give its owner only pain.”

-Sand Dan Glokta, The First Law
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Sir Toddalot wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:52 pm it’s not just about getting rewards, it’s about supporting an artist you like.
I completely agree with this statement.

I joined last year to support Lotrek in any way / shape / or form in his quest for madness to only find out the kind of madness he has requires a virtue of patience which many don't have/understand when it comes to Oath Playing Cards..

Every deck I've EVER own from Lotrek has NEVER disappointed. aznh, paying monthly is a small reward for what eventually comes and I'm sure Lotrek isn't here to disappoint..

Lotrek has delays but as he continues to mention, the delays are out of his control. There is also one positive note to all this; at any time you can cancel. It's that simple. It's not like he's tied ya' down and said "PAY ME for my MADNESS!!"

Anyways, keep up the good work Lotrek, the end of the tunnel is near.. Can't wait to see what's next..

If you haven't already joined, have a look.. Lowest tier is $5/month. 202+ Patreons... I mean, 202+ loyal supporters and counting..

https://www.patreon.com/oathplayingcards/
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Sounds like someone needs a hug.
shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

I believe we all need a hug tbh. I'm sure most of us agree with aznh to a certain/lesser degree, but remain patient and calm.

I don't see any issues with him voicing his dissatisfaction (even though it comes out as trolling due to his past style of communication).

Wishing you all a nice Sunday, cheers.
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Timing issues are certainly a valid point, I have complained about this in the past with Lotrek and he knows it :) Part of the package and in most cases they are worth the wait. On the positive side unlike a lot of others who have delays, he communicates about them and explains the why, and it's almost always around his relentless pursuit of perfection and continually pushing the edges.

In this particular case Lotrek actually has been updating with the stats of the annual deck recently, in fact days before the post on aznh.

But the real reason for the hug was the completely unnecessarily combative tone of aznh... but then if you look at their post history they have pretty much always been that way. Hence the genine offer of a (virtual) hug. Someone needs to clearly find more joy and happy in life. We all do better when we have that.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

VXD wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:00 am
aznh wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:46 am ok here comes the trolls
Pot calling kettle black :lol:
That's exactly what I was gonna say.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Well, 1 thing that has come out of Lotrek's Patreon is that he doesn't need to take outside work to support himself anymore.

He has said that he won't be offering his printing services anymore in the future in the Patreon posts. So we won't see anymore Lotrek printed tucks, but that also means less delays for his own projects and his customers. So let's see how 2022 fares for Lotrek now that he can afford to focus solely on his own work.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I am hoping he will still do tucks for Lorenzo. Lorenzo likes to do some crazy tucks, and I am not sure someone else will be able to customize it like Lotrek has done for him. That said, the firm that Jocu uses does some really quality work.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Bradius wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:38 pmThat said, the firm that Jocu uses does some really quality work.
Boschiero & Newton :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I am seriously considering upgrading from Golden to Asylum! :ugthink:
Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

I am really torn on the Patreon thing. I understand fully the allure of having something produced that is exclusive for the Patrons, especially from someone like Lotrek. The cost is enormous though, and am I correct in asserting that the higher tiers would lend themselves to needing to resell a certain number to offset expenditure?
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Thedissident001 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:23 pm I am really torn on the Patreon thing. I understand fully the allure of having something produced that is exclusive for the Patrons, especially from someone like Lotrek. The cost is enormous though, and am I correct in asserting that the higher tiers would lend themselves to needing to resell a certain number to offset expenditure?
You should go back to the 1st and 2nd page of this thread to see how the Manic tier came about, page 6 for Asylum. There were some who were going to create multiple Patreon accounts to get multiple Golden tiers. Lotrek eventually decided it was just better to create those 2 tiers for the people crazy enough to go that high. (hence the name of the tiers!) :D
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

I'm not sure if he really means no tucks anymore or just no other conplete projects like Tempest, Charmers, VXD collab and so on.
That said, I never saw an Oath produced tuck (for non Oath decks that is) that has done something other producers can't do. Aforementioned Boschiero&Newton, Clove St.Press and others are in the same league when it comes to tucks. So, I for my part, would love to see Lotrék indeed focus 💯 on his own stuff.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
brownsl

Unread post by brownsl »

I changed my patron level to Asylum. Curious if anybody else here will be in or already is in the padded room. It can get lonely in those rooms!
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Not me. I am sticking with Manic. That is crazy enough for me. Let me know how the meals are in the hotel.
GandalfPC
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

I figured Manic would be plenty, but the voices in my head, one of whom is a licensed doctor (or so it claims) insisted on the Asylum
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I'm also fighting with the thought of being with the Asylum too.

I'm in the Manic tier. The 4 Patrons decks should be the Red Royal Silk decks. As for the 2 Exclusive Patron decks will be whatever other deck. A Purple Royal Silk deck will be available for everyone to purchase.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Golden tier is good enough for me, I don't own any of the OG silk decks (sigh) so looking forward to getting these
HFMJ

Unread post by HFMJ »

If I would like to change from Golden to Manic tier all I have to do is select Manic from tiers? And that will automatically transfer me?
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

HFMJ wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:55 pm If I would like to change from Golden to Manic tier all I have to do is select Manic from tiers? And that will automatically transfer me?
Yep. Now is the time if you want to do it, before next year's tiers lock in.
brownsl

Unread post by brownsl »

I believe today is the last day to join or change tiers.
HFMJ

Unread post by HFMJ »

I just went MANIC. I hope I will not regret this🙈.
I am anxious to see this past year decks.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Welcome to the Manics. More than golden, less than asylum. Perfect. :D
brownsl

Unread post by brownsl »

Disregard my post, see below.

So, I updated my level from Manic to Asylum last week. At the time I was charged for the difference between these two levels. I was just charged the full amount for the month of November. Not sure if that is way it is supposed to work. Seems like I should not have been charged for October at the Asylum level as I think the year runs from November through October.
Pablo393
Decks Owned: 634

Unread post by Pablo393 »

I think the year runs October through September. At least that is how I was charged last year. Anyone else have their charge history?