Bicycle Glider Backs

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Reylek
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes

Bicycle Glider Backs

Unread post by Reylek »

Hi everyone. Hopefully the weather is turning towards Spring where you are. It's been warmer here in NC lately and I am delighted!

We just launched our latest design over at Penguin - Bicycle Glider Backs. We're also offering a 25% off sale for the first few days. These are 100% custom, and marked! Lots of photos & renders over on the product page:

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/15269

These were designed by first-time deck designer Gabriel Costache, who knocked it out of the park! I absolutely LOVE this back design. Marking system is by yours truly. It is coded, not openly-readable. But the code is not too difficult to learn or to see once you know it.

Printed by USPCC on Classic Stock, Magic Finish, Traditionally Cut. 2 different Jokers, 2 Gaff cards. Custom box with custom seal. 2500 printed.

Of course, I'm here to help if you have any questions! :)

Thanks!
Strag
Player: Yes
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Re: Bicycle Glider Backs

Unread post by Strag »

I would love to order decks from you guys but geez your web site needs major work.

Why is it I cannot filter decks by name or price? Why does it mix out of stock with in stock? Why does it look unreadable on mobile when going to "full site"?

You have some great prices, great deals on shipping and decent selection but the web site makes it very hard to do business with you.

I realize that playing cards are not your primary business but it sure seems like an after thought.
Reylek
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Reylek »

Hopefully the direct link to the page helps :)

Yes, the site definitely needs an update, and I'm happy to say that one will be coming later this year. With Penguin being one of the early magic e-commerce sites, the foundation of the site was built a long time ago. That, combined with the huge number of products we carry, and the large customer base we've built, switching websites (host, design, etc) is a major undertaking that can't be implemented quickly or easily due to how many factors are involved to make it a smooth process for our customers with as little down time as possible.

Beyond that, I just work on the production side of things so can't offer too much more insight to the web aspect, but I definitely pass this kind of feedback up to my bosses.

Hope you like the deck Strag! :)
Stud722

Unread post by Stud722 »

Strag wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:36 am I would love to order decks from you guys but geez your web site needs major work.

Why is it I cannot filter decks by name or price? Why does it mix out of stock with in stock? Why does it look unreadable on mobile when going to "full site"?

You have some great prices, great deals on shipping and decent selection but the web site makes it very hard to do business with you.

I realize that playing cards are not your primary business but it sure seems like an after thought.
Absolutely agree! I typically do not buy anything from them because the site is such a mess. So unorganized and hard to find anything. They need to do some cleaning of their site.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Reylek wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:55 am Yes, the site definitely needs an update, and I'm happy to say that one will be coming later this year.
I have been waiting to hear new like this for a LONG time! I would have purchased so many decks from you guys in the past if your website were more user friendly. Glad to know it will be soon.

As for these cards, they seem to be well detailed for the theme even though they're not exactly a style that tickles my fancy. However, $9 for one deck with free shipping is a good enough deal to make me pull the trigger. So I will be happy to add these to my collection!
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Reylek wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:55 am Hopefully the direct link to the page helps :)

Hope you like the deck Strag! :)
Helps to find the deck yes. I actually had to wait until I got out my tablet to see if I liked the deck or not as it was near impossible to see the pics on my phone. After some fiddling it worked on my iPad and definitely have an appreciation for this deck,

Unfortunately in order to get the free shipping to where I am I just cannot find decks that I want due to search and filter issues (and some pic loading times). Really glad this issue will be addressed later in the year, web sites are not easy, especially e-commerce ones.

Good job on the deck!
Entaro
White Whale: Delirium Signature Edition

Unread post by Entaro »

I'll say I usually never buy from penguin because of the website (guess that might sound dumb but oh well lol) but these were cool enough that I did for the first time lol
Kage X
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Kage X »

I also don’t buy from Penguin because my country is not listed in their shipping list. Really? They are able to fulfill my KS pledges but my country is not listed in their website?
aardvarkgod

Unread post by aardvarkgod »

I'd like to pile on to the "website bad" convo. Glad to hear that they might be revamping it. I get that playing cards probably isn't their main priority, but finding them doesn't need to be a chore either.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

I agree with everyone that Penguin's website is pretty bad, but I personally don't find it that difficult to find a deck I am looking for...I just use the Search box. I personally think it's worth a little extra time to look for the decks because Penguin consistently has some of the lowest prices for decks these days and when you get a bunch, those savings add up. But, that's just me.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Reylek
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Reylek »

Definitely appreciate folks taking the time to provide this feedback.

For those with shipping price concerns, we're actually offering all items with free shipping to all locations at the moment. It won't last forever, but now is a great time to stock up.

Any countries not available in the main shipping selector are usually removed to high instances of fraud. A quick note to our customer service team via email or our live chat feature can get that straightened out - though the upcoming site changes should address this as well.

As for the assumption that we're a magic company and don't take decks seriously, or that they're somehow an afterthought, nothing could be further from the truth. Cards are extraordinarily important in magic. We produce tens of thousands of decks each year for different purposes (some for magic, some for collecting) and we of course want it to be easy to find the items you're looking for.

Plenty of good things to come later this year in terms of website aspects as well as new deck releases. :)

Also happy to say that Glider backs are about half sold out, and are the #1 best seller on the site right now, so thanks to everyone who purchased so far! :)
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

V2 features new court designs!

P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J