Alpha & Omega Cards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes

Alpha & Omega Cards

Unread post by Fud »

Hi Everyone,

NOW LIVE
Header Image 2.jpg
Here are a few teaser snippets for you ;)
A&O - Reformation - Box Foil GIF.gif
A&O - Reformation - Box Foil GIF.gif (4.25 MiB) Viewed 5721 times
A&O - Reformation - Metallic Inks GIF.gif
A&O - Reformation - Metallic Inks GIF.gif (2.49 MiB) Viewed 5721 times
A&O - Reformation - Air Cushion GIF.gif
A&O - Reformation - Air Cushion GIF.gif (2.06 MiB) Viewed 5721 times
- Printed by USPCC with metallic inks on Bicycle stock
- Embossed gold foil tucks with optional upgrades by GWH
- Unique artwork

Check it out!
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Alpha & Omega Cards

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Junker Jörg would be proud.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

The front of the tuck is kinda boring but I'm assuming that was done on purpose. Either way, I'm nitpicking and that's not enough to make me disinterested. I love everything else and I can't wait to see more!
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

OK, here are some more teasers from the upcoming Alpha & Omega 3-deck Kickstarter!

Make sure to FOLLOW THE PROJECT page now to get notified on launch!

Deck #1: Protestant Reformation!

- Printed by USPCC
- Hand-drawn woodcut style artwork
- Metallic gold inks throughout
- Beautiful historical detail!
Ref 1 (Large).jpg
Ref 2 (Large).jpg
Ref 3 (Large).jpg
Ref 4 (Large).jpg
Ref 5 (Large).jpg
Launching on the 30th, FOLLOW THE PROJECT page now to get notified on launch!
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Absolute YES for me as a theology student, and you've got the three periods correct. Hopefully the three decks have different courts and backs!
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

Decknowledgy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:07 pm Absolute YES for me as a theology student, and you've got the three periods correct. Hopefully the three decks have different courts and backs!
Awesome! As an MDiv, I certainly hope I got them right!

And yes, courts are specific to each deck, 1 deck per period. Same style of back, but different elements.

I'm looking forward to the launch :)
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

This might be your best deck(s).
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

If you're using really shiny metallic gold inks, that will go a long way toward making these evoke the styles of iconography I've seen done well by others.

It's always fun to see talented designers / producers branch out and trying new styles. Looking forward to seeing more about these!
This space intentionally left blank.
EvilDuncan
White Whale: Heretic Gran Riserva S + Sb
Decks Owned: 1100

Unread post by EvilDuncan »

I was a bit on the fence before with the empty-looking tuck, but those courts are really nice.
I've spent way more than I care to admit on playing cards, but I'll still buy just about anything that Lorenzo, Jackson, or Gio make.
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

vasta41 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:03 am This might be your best deck(s).
Thanks!
rousselle wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:05 am If you're using really shiny metallic gold inks, that will go a long way toward making these evoke the styles of iconography I've seen done well by others.
As shiny as USPCC can do, I guess.
EvilDuncan wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:56 am I was a bit on the fence before with the empty-looking tuck, but those courts are really nice.
The front of the tucks are minimally foiled, but the starburst embossing really makes it pop nicely. The embossed + foiled back really sets it off as well - the whole box was intended to come together, not just be a nice front :)

And, here are some more teasers from the EARLY CHURCH deck!

Make sure to FOLLOW THE PROJECT page now to get notified on launch!

Deck #2: Early Church!

- Printed by USPCC
- Hand-drawn woodcut style artwork
- Metallic gold inks throughout
- Beautiful historical detail!
EC 1 (Large).jpg
EC 2 (Large).jpg
EC 3 (Large).jpg
EC 4 (Large).jpg
EC 5 (Large).jpg
Launching on the 30th, FOLLOW THE PROJECT page now to get notified on launch!
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

Last teaser before the launch on the 30th!

The 3rd deck in the Alpha & Omega series: GREAT AWAKENING

The Great Awakening (or the first among three evangelical revivals) swept through Britain, Europe and North America in the 1700's, giving birth to the strong traditions of Anglicanism, Methodism and many other foundational beliefs of the Western protestant church. Characterized by zealous speakers, passionate leaders and inspirational thinkers; this period left a theological legacy that continues to inspire and instruct us today.
  • The ACES are significant events of periods around this time. The landing of the Mayflower, the Westminster Assembly of Divines, the open air preaching and camp meetings were pivotal events which drove the movement forward.
  • The KINGS are the primary leaders of the awakening in their geographical areas. From preaching, to administration, government, grassroots revival and theological contribution; these figures shaped the religious revival of the 1700's: Whitefield, Edwards, Wesley & Wesley, Goodwin, Rutherford, Zinzendorf and Burroughs.
  • The QUEENS and JACKS are other significant contributors who, though their involvement both great and small, continued the movement of Reformation.
The JOKERS are the principal opponents to the great awaking: Charles Chauncy was leader of the 'Old Light' factions which vigorously opposed the new revival breaking out, and William Laud who was the archbishop of Canterbury under King Charles I, who persecuted Puritans and dissidents.

Launching on March 30, 6am PDT / 9am EDT

See you there!

GA 1 (Large).jpg
GA 3 (Large).jpg
GA 2 (Large).jpg
GA 4 (Large).jpg
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Alpha & Omega Cards - LIVE on KICKSTARTER

Unread post by Fud »

Alpha & Omega Playing Cards are now LIVE!

Come grab an Earlybird reward while they are still here!

- 3 Decks
- Early Church // Reformation // Great Awakening
- Hand-illustrated woodcut design
- Metallic golds inks throughout
- Embossed gold tuckbox
- Printed by USPCC
- Earlybird rewards available
- Tuck upgrades + unlockables throughout

See you there!
Ben
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

ALIVE! And well (updated OP).
Decknowledgy

Got a full brick for these, first time in my collecting career.
These are so well design and depicted it would be MAD STOOPID not to pick them up and use them as teaching tools/aids for seminaries and church groups!
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)

Portfolio 52
justplaycards
White Whale: Requiem Prototype 00
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by justplaycards »

I agree they are beautifully designed, picked up the set.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

They courts remind me a bit of Widakk, which is good. Selfish as I am, I would have wished for the three back designs being a tad more different but nonetheless a very nice mini series. Well done.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

Decknowledgy wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:30 am Got a full brick for these, first time in my collecting career.
These are so well design and depicted it would be MAD STOOPID not to pick them up and use them as teaching tools/aids for seminaries and church groups!
I'm going to use this in marketing forever. "MAD STOOPID"... Genius...

In other news, we hit 250% in roughly 24 hours, so gold foil seals for everyone!! Woo!!

Let's keep this moving to get to foiled inner tucks :)

Ben
Decknowledgy

Fud wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:02 am
Decknowledgy wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:30 am Got a full brick for these, first time in my collecting career.
I'm going to use this in marketing forever. "MAD STOOPID"... Genius...

In other news, we hit 250% in roughly 24 hours, so gold foil seals for everyone!! Woo!!

Let's keep this moving to get to foiled inner tucks :)

Ben
I shared this on my Facebook which has tons of friends in the ministry/church community and seminary education in Taiwan, and a good number is getting into groups to get bricks as far as I know. Hopefully more will be backing these, and a lot of them are first-timers using crowdfunding platforms and not even familiar with playing cards!
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)

Portfolio 52
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

Decknowledgy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:09 am I shared this on my Facebook which has tons of friends in the ministry/church community and seminary education in Taiwan, and a good number is getting into groups to get bricks as far as I know. Hopefully more will be backing these, and a lot of them are first-timers using crowdfunding platforms and not even familiar with playing cards!
If you hear of them looking to get 2 or more bricks, send me a message first and I'll set them up a better reward tier!
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

Hi Everyone,

We have just passed 500% Funded, which unlocked the foil interior box print (the stretch goal I was most looking forward to!)

To celebrate, I have organized a giveaway with Intricuts for a 1-of-a-kind Reformation cut deck:
Cut deck 4.3 (Large).jpg
Super simple to enter to win: just go to THIS CONTEST PAGE and gain entries to win. I'll be drawing the winner at the end of the campaign, and the more entries you have, the more chances you have to win!

If you want to see a video of this incredible cut, just check out my post on our IG HERE.

Thanks!
Ben
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Congratulations, my friend.

Of course, after you've done that once... it becomes easier to do it again.

Bwahahahahaha.
This space intentionally left blank.
EndersGame

Unread post by EndersGame »

Alpha & Omega Playing Cards (Kickstarter)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/el ... ying-cards

A set of three decks of custom playing cards featuring characters from the Early Church, Protestant Reformation & Great Awakening

Cost: ~US$13 per deck
Current funding level: over 800% funded!
Kickstarter ends: Tuesday April 20, 2021

The Alpha & Omega Playing Cards project currently being crowd-funded on Kickstarter consists of three decks, each corresponding to a different significant period of church history:
● The Early Church
● The Protestant Reformation
● The Great Awakening

This project will especially appeal to Christians like myself. But it will also have appeal to people who have an interest in history, or who simply appreciate high quality custom playing cards.

The person running this project is Ben Jones from Elephant Playing Cards, who is very well known in the playing card industry, and a successful and experienced creator of many wonderful playing cards. A few years ago I covered quite a number of his custom playing cards in a detailed pictorial review article entitled Elephant Playing Cards - home of the famous Pipmen. Ben's Pipmen World deck continues to be an all-time personal favourite of mine.

But his latest project is far from whimsical, and deals with very serious material: figures from church history. As Ben notes on the project page, Biblical themes are a deeply rooted part of our history and cultural fabric, and it was time to produce something without cheesy clipart, and that was a quality product. What's more, events like the Protestant Reformation have had a significant impact historically, and their theologically importance is profound and ongoing.

The series approaches these events from a Protestant perspective, which I personally happen to share. But you don't have to agree with Ben's theology to appreciate the quality of these playing cards.

Of the three decks included, for me the Reformation deck is especially of real interest.

It's a fully custom deck, where all the cards depict various Reformation-related individuals and ideas. For example:
● The Kings are the primary leaders of the Reformation in their respective geographic areas: Luther, Calvin, Knox, and Zwingli.
● The Queens and Jacks are other key figures who played important roles.
● The Aces are milestone events in the reformations (e.g. the Reformation Solas).
● The Jokers are the principal opponents of the movement: Pope Leo X and Tetzel.

The artwork of the court cards is very detailed, and in wood-cut style, e.g. Luther is depicted on one side of the card nailing his era-defining 95 Theses to the door of the church in Wittenberg, while on the other side he is confined to Wartburg Castle to escape the Catholic Church; a scene complete with the ink stain from his encounter with the devil.

The card backs revolve around a central cross that has an open book design to represent the Sola Scriptura principle that was key to the Reformation movement. The tuck box features Luther’s Rose in embossed gold foil signifying the hearts of the Protestant Reformation.

The other decks have a similar approach to their areas of focus. So the cards from the Early Church deck include influential leaders like Augustine, Ambrose, Jerome, Athanasius, Polycarp, Chrysostom, and early church fathers like Clement, Origen, Irenaeus, Tertullian, and Cyprian. The Great Awakening deck features individuals and preachers like George Whitefield, Jonathan Edwards, and Charles Wesley.

The playing cards from this project are being produced on professional grade playing card stock with shiny metallic gold accents. I have several other decks produced by Elephant Playing Cards, and the quality is terrific. These particular decks are going to be printed by United States Playing Card Company, makers of the famous Bicycle brand, so that itself is a guarantee of quality.

As a bonus, all backers also get a free eBook with 10 popular card games that can be played with a regular deck.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with this project whatsoever, but I'm just a playing card enthusiast that appreciates creative and quality playing cards. As a Protestant Christian myself, with an appreciation of Reformed theology, I'm very pleased to see a high quality product that others can also appreciate. And as a collector of playing cards, I have a real appreciation for any custom deck of playing cards that is well done all round.

I've enjoyed many of the high quality custom playing cards from Elephant Playing Cards, and these look to be one of the best yet. Ben Jones is an experienced reputable creator, with a proven track record for delivering on what he promises, so backers can pledge with confidence. The project closes in less than a week, so if you want to get on board, now is the time to do so.

Kickstarter link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/el ... ying-cards

--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

Hey Everyone,

We just passed 900% Funding, which unlocked the last stretch goal - gilded decks with hand-pressed real gold wax seals. Pretty cool :)

Here's a full list of awesome upgrades that these decks have now!
Campaign Upgrade.jpg
If you want to pick up a deck or two before the campaign ends, now is the time! We only have 3 days left, and trust me, if you are a collector you will not want to miss these decks. You wouldn't want to be overpaying on a secondary market trying to complete a set of something...

Ben
EndersGame

Unread post by EndersGame »

Amazing stuff! Great work on the Kickstarter Ben.

I'm so pleased for you that there's been such a terrific amount of support for this project.
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I am looking forward to the rewards. However, I have to wonder about the reaction of most of the reformers to ending up on a deck of playing cards. :shock:

:lol:
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

i think the gilded deck looks really good but $45 for gilding, wax seal, and upgraded seal is just too much for me. So many good KS projects, so many with gilding.
HFMJ

Unread post by HFMJ »

Have you received your decks?
My package shows that was sent in October, but didn't received it yet. I had delays for some packages sent in October, but received them after approximately 2 months, but this project unfortunately not.
I am curious about other backers from different parts of the world. I am in Europe.
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I am in the US and have received my pledge.
shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

Yes, received my three decks a while back, in EU.