Runaway W orld by anyone worldwide x B.Thom Stevenson

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Runaway W orld by anyone worldwide x B.Thom Stevenson

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Tobias Levin and Nikolaj Honoré Pedersen (the founding duo of anyone) are, at least in the cardistry realm I take strolls in once in a while, considered cardists on the highest level who have enough of a following to carry their own weight.
Dealersgrip was just fine after Tobias left to venture on with Nikolaj. And that was a duo back then - Oliver and Tobias.
So fear no more, your supply on decks is save for at least 2021.

So TL;DR: A duo. 3-1=2
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Decknowledgy
Collector: Yes

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Fair enough.
My view is that the content they produce is far less than their cardistry counterparts, and without the outreach, their legacy would be locked within the cardistry community and not being about to branch out. This, I give it to Fontaine who has been doing tons of marketing, so much that I'm impressed.

Hopefully from now on we can start talking like adults; no more unnecessary insults.
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
Harvonsgard

Decknowledgy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:30 amHopefully from now on we can start talking like adults; no more unnecessary insults.
Sure thing 🤘🏿.

And yes, your observation is correct in regards of the present. They were way more active in the past - knocked out CC Video of the Year 2018 and 2019 and stuff - but are extremely silent currently. Except for the Noel leaves announcement and the card sales, nothing noteworthy since Last Minute II, which is from 11 months ago.
Only time can tell if it'll be over or if it's just a hiatus.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Decknowledgy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:13 am Lotus in Hand: .... (2) Ultra limited + unique Dex Playing Card printing
Wait wait, they use their own printer??? Now I want to get a deck to see how it handles :uggrin:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
easyshuffle

Unread post by easyshuffle »

Just fyi, those courts you originally posted are from Purple Cap Logos, not Runaway W orld
Harvonsgard

Well, that's some news (for me). Thank you a lot for the clarification. Are the other Caps Logos full custom, too?
Or just the purple ones?

Harvonsgard

v1 gallery edition - should be online @v1gallery but the site doesn't work.

944C61A9-D2E9-49E2-AEB5-B5A51A7DD14E.jpeg
54F9B92F-3FAF-472D-9942-CF1EADA0020F.jpeg

easyshuffle

Unread post by easyshuffle »

Just purple ones :)
If you have any A1 related questions just shoot, they may be a hype brand with bad to mediocre designs to many people (especially here) but to me they're just a few guys that created some of the finest cardistry moves (and videos) in history so you could say I'm a fan. And I guess that's enough to shift my vision so to speak and make me really enjoy their simple designs. A lot of card designs marketed as "cardistry" look like a circus tent to me but A1s are mostly classy and just busy enough to look good without stealing ones attention from the card movement itself. People often call them boring or effortless but I call them just right for the job ;)
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Today solidifies the observations in my earlier comments.
Very interesting business model... or maybe no business model at all.

126168.jpg
126169.jpg
126170.jpg
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
Harvonsgard

Decknowledgy wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:04 am ... or maybe no business model at all
I'd say jackpot. Artofplay does their fulfillment and I bet neither Tobias nor Nicolai have any interest to run numbers when doing mindblowing cardistry is so much more satisfying, haha.
Unfortunate but it is what it is.

I sincerely don't get the UK criticism though. It's neither their fault nor their problem with Brexit.
As long as people long for masters 🙄...
🤷🏿‍♀️ *shrugs shoulders in voluntaryist/anarchist*
easyshuffle wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:25 am ... but to me they're just a few guys that created some of the finest cardistry moves (and videos) in history so you could say I'm a fan. And I guess that's enough to shift my vision so to speak and make me really enjoy their simple designs. A lot of card designs marketed as "cardistry" look like a circus tent to me but A1s are mostly classy and just busy enough to look good without stealing ones attention from the card movement itself. People often call them boring or effortless but I call them just right for the job ;)
+💯
Same boat here.
Most "cardistry" decks (I normally don't use that term at all since, every deck becomes a cardistry deck in the hands of a cardist - unless it's like cardistrytouch decks or school of cardistry and alike aka no faces; then the term makes somewhat sense) especially designed by non-cardists are meh.

phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

Is 46$ international shipping?
Harvonsgard

I guess. @madaboutcards is from Poland 🇲🇨.

Harvonsgard

Deck review

Harvonsgard