2020 Black Friday/Holiday Specials and New Releases

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Timmargh
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Re: 2020 Black Friday/Holiday Specials and New Releases

Unread post by Timmargh »

BaconWise wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:40 am
Timmargh wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:59 am I'm sat here refreshing Thirdway Industries like a mad man, trying to get an Eva Red Rose …
Gio is only releasing Red Rose in bundles today, apparently. From his newsletter:

"I've sold more Eva Red Rose than I thought, so I've decided to release just bundles on Friday."

I wanted to let you know so you aren't refreshing all day, my friend
Thanks, buddy; I did know that so if I need to buy a bundle then so be it. ;)
CPPCC
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by CPPCC »

Timmargh wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:59 am I'm sat here refreshing Thirdway Industries like a mad man, trying to get an Eva Red Rose …
New Eva Red Bundles are online.
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Thirdway Industries »

Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Timmargh

CPPCC wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:54 am
I saw; cheers. But thanks to PayPal, getting one was a nightmare.

I added a 3-deck bundle to my cart, went to checkout but PayPal insisted on sending me a text message to verify my identity ... but it never arrived, so I chose the "call me option" ... and my phone never rang.

I went back to the TWI website to try checking out again and it immediately told me that the bundle I had in my basket was sold out, as expected. It then took me a while to find a bundle in stock but, when I checked out, I had the same issue with PayPal. I restarted my phone, but to no avail.

In the end, switching browsers from Safari to Chrome fixed it - PayPal logged me straight in! :roll:

So, I ended up getting a brick instead of just three decks but, to be honest, it's my own fault for not paying attention last week when Gio released the single Eva Red Rose! :D The joys of being a Thirdway completist. :ugdance: At least I get a nice brick box, too.
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Thirdway Industries »

Timmargh wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:27 pm

I added a 3-deck bundle to my cart, went to checkout but PayPal insisted on sending me a text message to verify my identity ... but it never arrived, so I chose the "call me option" ... and my phone never rang.

I went back to the TWI website to try checking out again and it immediately told me that the bundle I had in my basket was sold out, as expected. It then took me a while to find a bundle in stock but, when I checked out, I had the same issue with PayPal. I restarted my phone, but to no avail.

In the end, switching browsers from Safari to Chrome fixed it - PayPal logged me straight in! :roll:

So, I ended up getting a brick instead of just three decks but, to be honest, it's my own fault for not paying attention last week when Gio released the single Eva Red Rose! :D The joys of being a Thirdway completist. :ugdance: At least I get a nice brick box, too.
I am VERY happy you managed to get one, Tim! Thank you and congrats :)
Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CPPCC
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by CPPCC »

Timmargh wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:27 pmI added a 3-deck bundle to my cart, went to checkout but PayPal insisted on sending me a text message to verify my identity ... but it never arrived, so I chose the "call me option" ... and my phone never rang.
When I know that it is going to be stressfull I open Paypal in a second browser window and log in in advance. So, you don't need to log in anymore during checkout. It works fine and you safe a few seconds. :-)
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

For those who want to get the Makers Private Reserve, but don't want to spend $250 at ArtofPlay, it's available for $35 at d&d's other other shop:

https://www.dananddave.com/makers-private-reserve
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

hikeeba wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:57 pm For those who want to get the Makers Private Reserve, but don't want to spend $250 at ArtofPlay, it's available for $35 at d&d's other other shop:

https://www.dananddave.com/makers-private-reserve
Thanks a lot for this one :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar:
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

Timmargh wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:27 pm

I had a similar experience Tim.

I added one of the bundles to the cart using my phone as I was on my home at launch time, tried to purchase via Paypal and kept getting an error message saying there were none left. Attempted this 3 or 4 times with no luck. Luckily I wasn't far away & by the time I got home and on the laptop the bundle I wanted was still available. :D
Timmargh

CPPCC wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:45 pm
Timmargh wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:27 pmI added a 3-deck bundle to my cart, went to checkout but PayPal insisted on sending me a text message to verify my identity ... but it never arrived, so I chose the "call me option" ... and my phone never rang.
When I know that it is going to be stressfull I open Paypal in a second browser window and log in in advance. So, you don't need to log in anymore during checkout. It works fine and you safe a few seconds. :-)
I can't believe I didn't think of this *smacks forehead* especially as I had the forethought to log into Gio's site beforehand. :roll:

I am not a smart man.
Timmargh

Thirdway Industries wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:38 pm
I am VERY happy you managed to get one, Tim! Thank you and congrats :)
Thank you, Gio! There's no need to send me the signed half-brick you promised if I didn't get one. Oh, wait ... I day-dreamt that, didn't I?
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

hsbc wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:51 pm
guru wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:47 pm Is the Legal Tender the latest iteration of the deck?
I'm pretty sure it is, yes

Thanks I secured a couple.

I was looking for the Ultimate deck's uncut sheet from AoP too. I think I should have pulled the trigger way before but now it is sold out :(
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

I think this is Riffle Shuffles Black Friday drop release: Secret Service Playing Cards
https://www.riffleshuffle.com/collectio ... et-service
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

All PCD decks are 50% off right now using code: PCD

https://playingcarddecks.com/collection ... e=omnisend
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Sadly says UK isn't a valid destination for shipping. Odd as I get the monthly PIp box. Oh well.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Strag wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:08 am Sadly says UK isn't a valid destination for shipping. Odd as I get the monthly PIp box. Oh well.
Same with Australia. I had to use a US friend's address for the order. The only valid shipping is to the US it seems.
HFMJ

Unread post by HFMJ »

In the shipping section it says they suspended for now the international shipping due to COVID/delays.
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Weird because I'm still getting my Pip Boxes.
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 15

Unread post by rjtomlinson1977 »

I have several sales going on at www.barclaymountain.com
All playing cards are Buy 2 Get 1 Free... this includes free shipping anywhere in the USA.
I also have my Titanic Tarot cards on sale for 20% OFF
The coupon code for the playing cards is... "Christmas"
and the coupon code for the tarot cards is... "Titanic"

I would really appreciate any sales. It looks like I'll be without a fulltime job soon. My department at the factory I work in is closing. I've already been demoted back to a regular production job that makes a lot less and is a lot more dirty and dangerous. In January it sounds like they might be laying off a lot of us. Which would be a step up from the work they have me doing now. It's very demoralizing going form a group leader to the least desirable job within the facility.
If anyone has any freelance design work they need done, don't hesitate to contact me. I work for peanuts.
Barclay Mountains Co.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Home Run Games is celebrating 10 yrs. 40% off storewide for 1 day only at : https://www.homerungames.com/home-run-games-store.html
We've been making games that make you happy for 10 years! We are so grateful for your support over the years. On Cyber Monday we want you to celebrate with us. Use the code 10YEAR at checkout and save 40% off everything for 1 day. From all of us at Home Run Games, THANK YOU!
Great deal if you want to pick up the original 8-bit decks or their amazing restoration decks. Also for those who still have $ left , the decks made out of real metal.
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

vasta41 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:28 pm
Strag wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:07 pm Was going to post the Riffle Shuffle one but it already sold out! They had two different bundles which were decent value. I got one of the cheaper ones (a brick for $99 which includes a Sirius B v3 Holographic Edition)
I'd be curious to know what you get.
Pretty decent haul for $10.92ea including shipping to UK;

Squeezers v.3 (Grapefruit)
Soundboards v.2 Red (x/199)
Furious Skulls
Secret Service
Watcher
Skateboard v.2 (Red)
666 Purple Inferno
Surius B v.3 Holographic Gilded (5/100)
Shark
Pop Stars
Monkey King
Jerry's Nugget Rose

Quite happy with their bundles.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Gotta say that's a better variety than I expected.
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

They really are good value and since I don't buy a lot of their decks elsewhere it means that I don't get a lot of duplicates of things I already have. Only the Jerry's Nugget did I already have more than 1 of.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

The 2020 Deck the Halls was released about an hour ago. According to Jackson he has 1000 currently in stock. Another 1000 should arrive soon and the remaining 1000 would arrive after the new year. With 3000 decks available, it is much more available than the 2018 edition. For $25 each, this seems a fair price with a cool embordered tuck. Free domestic shipping. A little more than half remain of the first batch of decks available.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Bradius wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:58 pm The 2020 Deck the Halls was released about an hour ago. According to Jackson he has 1000 currently in stock. Another 1000 should arrive soon and the remaining 1000 would arrive after the new year. With 3000 decks available, it is much more available than the 2018 edition. For $25 each, this seems a fair price with a cool embordered tuck. Free domestic shipping. A little more than half remain of the first batch of decks available.
I own the White Christmas edition and I like the colors on this one much better. If I buy this one I'd probably want to sell the White Christmas one if anyone is interested.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

vasta41 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:14 pm
Bradius wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:58 pm The 2020 Deck the Halls was released about an hour ago. According to Jackson he has 1000 currently in stock. Another 1000 should arrive soon and the remaining 1000 would arrive after the new year. With 3000 decks available, it is much more available than the 2018 edition. For $25 each, this seems a fair price with a cool embordered tuck. Free domestic shipping. A little more than half remain of the first batch of decks available.
I own the White Christmas edition and I like the colors on this one much better. If I buy this one I'd probably want to sell the White Christmas one if anyone is interested.
But the 2020 has a different back. Keep the White deck.
Move on, nothing to see here.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

RichK wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:35 pm
vasta41 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:14 pm
But the 2020 has a different back. Keep the White deck.
I didn't notice that, you're right. Looks like some foil on there. $25, shipped is a great price for this deck!
markzero
Decks Owned: 58

Unread post by markzero »

rjtomlinson1977 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:41 pm I have several sales going on at www.barclaymountain.com
All playing cards are Buy 2 Get 1 Free... this includes free shipping anywhere in the USA.
I also have my Titanic Tarot cards on sale for 20% OFF
The coupon code for the playing cards is... "Christmas"
and the coupon code for the tarot cards is... "Titanic"

I would really appreciate any sales. It looks like I'll be without a fulltime job soon. My department at the factory I work in is closing. I've already been demoted back to a regular production job that makes a lot less and is a lot more dirty and dangerous. In January it sounds like they might be laying off a lot of us. Which would be a step up from the work they have me doing now. It's very demoralizing going form a group leader to the least desirable job within the facility.
If anyone has any freelance design work they need done, don't hesitate to contact me. I work for peanuts.
Just got an email today that RJ's posted his new Oz tarot sets up on his site, too. I ordered stuff on the 16th when I saw this thread, and USPS says I should have it Monday, the 21st(!). So he's got a fast turnaround, if you're thinking about it.
relative newbie that loves transformations, vintage, and oddities. stuff on Portfolio52
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Riffle Shuffle is doing a mystery Xmas brick for $110 which includes;

Limited to 50 Bricks
1x Play Dead V2 Gold Gilded Edition 1 of 50
7 Sold-Out decks from our staff's personal collection
4 Unique Riffle Shuffle decks
Half Brick Boxes & Stickers

These usually sell out within an hour or so, be quick if interested!

https://www.riffleshuffle.com/collections/playing-cards
GandalfTheWhite
Decks Owned: 56

Unread post by GandalfTheWhite »

Isolated Thunderstorm by Marianne Larsen and majority of the art work/design by Nicolai Aaroe is having an 'winter sale' of up to 70% off. I had been waiting to snag Fenris playing cards (some discount) and Jormungand playing cards (no discounts on this one unfortunately). Rest of the decks have some decent discounts so I wanted to share this info here.