Atlantis Playing Cards by Riffle Shuffle @Kickstarter

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
masagin303
Collector: Yes

Atlantis Playing Cards by Riffle Shuffle @Kickstarter

Unread post by masagin303 »

Remember Earth clearly.
KingfisherZero

Re: Atlantis Playing Cards by Riffle Shuffle @Kickstarter

Unread post by KingfisherZero »

Looks like a similar design template to King Arthur for sure. Surprised to find it wasn't the same artist, actually.

Similar to King Arthur, I could do without the background line art on the courts and a less busy back design, but it's still really nice overall. I'll be backing.
AKA "The Card Guy"

Subscribe for deck reviews galore! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Y-CG ... 7GFXMmULWA

IG: @TheCardGuyYT
EvilDuncan
White Whale: Heretic Gran Riserva S + Sb
Decks Owned: 1100

Unread post by EvilDuncan »

They can pump out these designs all they want....and I will continue to buy them! I love designs like this.

That said, I still hate RS's "You need to spend x amount to be able to have the option to buy gilded/private reserve decks"
I've spent way more than I care to admit on playing cards, but I'll still buy just about anything that Lorenzo, Jackson, or Gio make.
NativeTongue
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by NativeTongue »

Been a huge fan of Pedro's artwork for a long time. Ever since we we did some work for a bandana company. IMO he's a really underrated designer in the world of cards. He killed it, once again, with this one...
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

NativeTongue wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:15 pm Been a huge fan of Pedro's artwork for a long time. Ever since we we did some work for a bandana company. IMO he's a really underrated designer in the world of cards. He killed it, once again, with this one...
Exactly... I also missed this awesome dude for some reason, although I've always been a fan of Dystopia and the Joker and the Thief series by J&T. Yes, he designed those, and the latest Wayfarers deck for J&T as well :o

https://www.instagram.com/pedroyarbide/
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Love Pedro's work. Courts are *chef kisses*. Tuck is shite though. Same same RS foil in, foil out.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

Why does the king of clubs look so different relative to his brethren? His features are reminiscent of classic kings, he kind of looks like a "find the outlier" puzzle. Also, the tuck is gaudy. Otherwise...

Love the concept. The courts follow the theme brilliantly. Customization is strong. The differences between the decks tell a story, classic yet intriguing nonetheless. The indices are legible (I see you Fes) and the pips are classic yet customized, all the while still espousing the theme.

In for a pair.
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
james001a
White Whale: Aurum Laser Cut

Unread post by james001a »

The artwork on the courts is really nice, and that AOS is super cool. Even the pips look great. This is why I am in for a set. I did not know this was the same artist from those excellent J&T decks. Much nicer than the tuck, which is a bit heavy handed on the green and blue foil. I mean, I LIKE foil, but I guess there can be too much of a good thing! Overall, RS premium has been putting out a quality product in the past year. I'm not as excited about these as the Devil's in the Details deck. That one looks incredible. Maybe they can just slow down their releases a bit so I can keep up. Also, not a fan of their "buy x amount, get an invitation to buy the gilded deck" model. But, I guess if it works for them they will just keep doing it.
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

-Mitch Hedberg
NativeTongue
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Decknowledgy wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:56 pm
NativeTongue wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:15 pm Been a huge fan of Pedro's artwork for a long time. Ever since we we did some work for a bandana company. IMO he's a really underrated designer in the world of cards. He killed it, once again, with this one...
Exactly... I also missed this awesome dude for some reason, although I've always been a fan of Dystopia and the Joker and the Thief series by J&T. Yes, he designed those, and the latest Wayfarers deck for J&T as well :o

Don't forget Seararers
andreac75

Unread post by andreac75 »

Backed a pair! Very good concept!
laitostarr777
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

Totally backed this because, it's Atlantis! I love the lore of it! guess Riffle Shuffle did it first
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
laitostarr777

Hmmm something I wonder
Why some of Riffle Shuffle thematic decks, they do illustration foils inside the tuckbox, but doesn’t offer people with unfolded tucks?

It's just a shame that the artists do all of these beautiful and detailed illustrations, glorified with metallic foils, only for it to be hidden. Only those who dare to unfold the tuckbox will be able to see it :/
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

laitostarr777 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:12 pm Hmmm something I wonder
Why some of Riffle Shuffle thematic decks, they do illustration foils inside the tuckbox, but doesn’t offer people with unfolded tucks?

It's just a shame that the artists do all of these beautiful and detailed illustrations, glorified with metallic foils, only for it to be hidden. Only those who dare to unfold the tuckbox will be able to see it :/
I agree. While I think foiled or otherwise detailed inner tucks look nice in pictures it's a waste of time and money IMO. I have never bought a deck based on the inside tuck design.
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

vasta41 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:16 am

I agree. While I think foiled or otherwise detailed inner tucks look nice in pictures it's a waste of time and money IMO. I have never bought a deck based on the inside tuck design.
Check the higher tiers of the NOC Luxury campaign; seems like Riffle Shuffle is offering flat (i'm assuming unassembled) tuck case souvenirs and, at the highest tier, "AN EXTREMELY RARE UNCUT TUCK CASE SAMPLE." Not sure what the difference between the two is, but like you two said, it would make sense to start offering this sort of thing if they keep advertising the inside of their tucks.
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
GandalfTheWhite
Decks Owned: 56

Unread post by GandalfTheWhite »

Jocu did offer "uncut" tucks as add-on on their ONDA project. More creators should start doing it.
laitostarr777

PiazzaDelivery wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:08 pm
vasta41 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:16 am

Check the higher tiers of the NOC Luxury campaign; seems like Riffle Shuffle is offering flat (i'm assuming unassembled) tuck case souvenirs and, at the highest tier, "AN EXTREMELY RARE UNCUT TUCK CASE SAMPLE." Not sure what the difference between the two is, but like you two said, it would make sense to start offering this sort of thing if they keep advertising the inside of their tucks.
Yes, you are right, they do offer unfolded tuckbox as part of the reward, but that only happened if you are on higher tiers, not below it. If only they can provide it as an add-on, then I consider having it
NativeTongue
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

NativeTongue wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:40 pm
Decknowledgy wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Don't forget Seararers

My bad, Seafarers wasn’t Pedro at all. It was estudiomiopia. Very similar styles though