Shadows Playing Cards: Depression Awareness Deck - KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Fes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Shadows Playing Cards: Depression Awareness Deck - KS

Unread post by Fes »

TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
KingfisherZero

Re: Shadows Playing Cards: Depression Awareness Deck - KS

Unread post by KingfisherZero »

Appreciate the depth of theme and I rather like the concept of the pips on the number cards.

But...

1. The back design leaves way too much white space.
2. I am bothered by the fact that the smeared pips are identical from card to card. Especially when it's as obvious as these.
3. Not a huge fan of using "famous" people on the courts. *Maybe* it wasn't the intention...but it weakens the theme and turns into feeling more about them than the cause.
4. I'm not clear...is this actually raising money in some way for causes related to depression? The creator description is pretty ambiguous.
AKA "The Card Guy"

Subscribe for deck reviews galore! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Y-CG ... 7GFXMmULWA

IG: @TheCardGuyYT
masagin303

Unread post by masagin303 »

Seems more like a Daniel Madison awareness deck...

Remember Earth clearly.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

masagin303 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:25 pm Seems more like a Daniel Madison awareness deck...

+💯
Lel... I love that you're killing it lately with the gifs.

Can't speak for the other people featured in this deck but nothing weakens the theme more than having a con artists that plays a persona to prey on folks with a questionable mental state... 🙄...
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

We all face our own challenges and I dig on the awareness aspect of the deck. I don't mind the pips at all. The number cards are quite nice and water colory. I really dislike this card back to me own eyes it's a skeletal pelvis crapping out an alien that stanks to high hell of muggers and would be murderers. I don't know, it's just what I'm picking up because that's what I think when I see it. The alien ain't saving no body here, least of all the poor person who's been turned into a pelvis. It's all actually pretty horrific to me. At least it's not skulls right? (I'm skull decksed out)

I'm sure some people are going to be excited and elated by the courts here, I'm not one. It's mainly because I'm not a fan of these courts. The designer probably see's them as a draw. I don't think they are. A few of the people depicted seem to suffer from mental illness though so that may be the point of using them. While I don't know any of these people personally I've seen enough of some to know they're probably not my kind of folks. (I'd rather they just used regular every day people than some of these. I think it would have made a far better point toward awareness.) That's what makes this deck, not my kind of deck. Best of luck though.
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.