TGW Presents "The Tale of the Tempest" designed by Lotrek LIVE on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
RichK
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 250

Re: TGW Presents "The Tale of the Tempest" designed by Lotrek KS LIVE on 10/30 12pm ET

Unread post by RichK »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:20 pm Hi all. First of all wanna extend my utmost gratitude and appreciation to all those who offered support and feedback!

Regarding the shipping issues. We have a plan to correct it at least partway. Some of the issues rise from the fact that I used Parlour as a template to prepare the tiers for this project. Those prices reflected costs prior to upgrading to European fulfillment. Truth is I hadn’t really decided on that until days ago (you can read about me asking UC members about their experiences with 52wonders just by scrolling up). Unfortunately I cannot adjust the prices of reward tiers after they have been selected by backers. KS just doesn’t allow it. However all new tiers moving forward will have better separation of shipping costs so that it’s more specific to the region. I. E. Europe, Asia, etc. This will reflect in lower costs for those closer to the fulfillment centers.

What are the new tiers? Well the Treasured edition will make its debut in about 10-14 days. After we see the jokers and ad cards and reveal the first series of stretch goals (inner tuck graphics, seal, brick box). When that happens new limited tiers incorporating the treasured edition will pop up. Yes they will be more expensive to meet the cost of the new deck addition but the costs of the shipping will be adjusted. This means little to nothing for those in US who will move tier to tier. But for those in Europe you would be in essence saving some money on
The cost it the treasured.

What about those in early bird tiers? Will switching tiers forfeit their savings? No. All future tiers will have early bird variations windows that will last at least 6 hours so upgrading to higher tier will not affect their discounts.

Now because the new decks are limited there is a bit if a timing issue. People should make the plan to be there on release. In that respect it’s no different then any other deck release. The good news is that if you were lucky enough to be a part if the Complete Tempest you are locked in and need not worry. You are getting your limited items. No need to change anything.

Finally the entire process will be repeated for the dynastinae and/or Black Fridays release. Still figuring this all out. But again Complete tempest reward tier backers need not worry. Everyone else will be vying to change their pledge to newly open limited tiers.

Now this leaves a few very minor loopholes and issues to work out. And we will do out best. This is an incredibly complex project because we wanted to offer the coolest most beautiful decks and pack them full of value!

On that note. Complete Tempest backers should not fret or worry. Even at the cheapest price offered for every item we intend to offer your reward is already at a significant discount. Value will be added and it will feel like the great deal it is. Especially when you see what’s coming. Lotrek is involved. That’s all I will say. Lol
This is my first brick pledge in my 7+ years of collecting. I appreciate the EB deal I got. What I don't like is this new "repledge" to get a new deck. I don't know how else you can do it but for me I'm offline 2 days a week so if these new tiers open on those days I'm screwed. (Yes I'm whining because I want all the decks. I couldn't pull the trigger on the Complete Tempest tier.)
Move on, nothing to see here.
PiazzaDelivery

Re: TGW Presents "The Tale of the Tempest" designed by Lotrek KS LIVE on 10/30 12pm ET

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

RichK wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:38 pm
TheGentlemanWake wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:20 pm Hi all. First of all wanna extend my utmost gratitude and appreciation to all those who offered support and feedback!

Regarding the shipping issues. We have a plan to correct it at least partway. Some of the issues rise from the fact that I used Parlour as a template to prepare the tiers for this project. Those prices reflected costs prior to upgrading to European fulfillment. Truth is I hadn’t really decided on that until days ago (you can read about me asking UC members about their experiences with 52wonders just by scrolling up). Unfortunately I cannot adjust the prices of reward tiers after they have been selected by backers. KS just doesn’t allow it. However all new tiers moving forward will have better separation of shipping costs so that it’s more specific to the region. I. E. Europe, Asia, etc. This will reflect in lower costs for those closer to the fulfillment centers.

What are the new tiers? Well the Treasured edition will make its debut in about 10-14 days. After we see the jokers and ad cards and reveal the first series of stretch goals (inner tuck graphics, seal, brick box). When that happens new limited tiers incorporating the treasured edition will pop up. Yes they will be more expensive to meet the cost of the new deck addition but the costs of the shipping will be adjusted. This means little to nothing for those in US who will move tier to tier. But for those in Europe you would be in essence saving some money on
The cost it the treasured.

What about those in early bird tiers? Will switching tiers forfeit their savings? No. All future tiers will have early bird variations windows that will last at least 6 hours so upgrading to higher tier will not affect their discounts.

Now because the new decks are limited there is a bit if a timing issue. People should make the plan to be there on release. In that respect it’s no different then any other deck release. The good news is that if you were lucky enough to be a part if the Complete Tempest you are locked in and need not worry. You are getting your limited items. No need to change anything.

Finally the entire process will be repeated for the dynastinae and/or Black Fridays release. Still figuring this all out. But again Complete tempest reward tier backers need not worry. Everyone else will be vying to change their pledge to newly open limited tiers.

Now this leaves a few very minor loopholes and issues to work out. And we will do out best. This is an incredibly complex project because we wanted to offer the coolest most beautiful decks and pack them full of value!

On that note. Complete Tempest backers should not fret or worry. Even at the cheapest price offered for every item we intend to offer your reward is already at a significant discount. Value will be added and it will feel like the great deal it is. Especially when you see what’s coming. Lotrek is involved. That’s all I will say. Lol
This is my first brick pledge in my 7+ years of collecting. I appreciate the EB deal I got. What I don't like is this new "repledge" to get a new deck. I don't know how else you can do it but for me I'm offline 2 days a week so if these new tiers open on those days I'm screwed. (Yes I'm whining because I want all the decks. I couldn't pull the trigger on the Complete Tempest tier.)
Is there anyone you trust enough on UC to give your kickstarter login info to?
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
Fes
Player: Yes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

RichK wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:38 pm This is my first brick pledge in my 7+ years of collecting. I appreciate the EB deal I got. What I don't like is this new "repledge" to get a new deck. I don't know how else you can do it but for me I'm offline 2 days a week so if these new tiers open on those days I'm screwed. (Yes I'm whining because I want all the decks. I couldn't pull the trigger on the Complete Tempest tier.)
Sounds like someone is probably going to start planning to be Online for five minutes in part of those two days. ;)
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:43 pm Regarding the Tempest in a bottle... that is a completely new edition.
I don't have anything against Impossible Bottle, besides the fact that I don't collect or want them. So this is just the worst thing you could add to the campaign. I'm in the Complete Tempest Tier, so with this I feel that the value you're trying to offer on that tier has significantly decrease... If you want to offer An impossoble bottle put there and existing edition and let people who want them add them to their pledge.
TheGentlemanWake wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:07 pm I think if we hit a high enough goal... Let's say 1100% funding -- we will make a display deck to go along with the bottle. Deal?
This is the worst possible outcome, so you want to make a limited edition less limited?? That's not the way to go IMO... But this has been done by others with excellent results (monetarily, KWP anynone??!!)

I'm not a tuck collector, so for me it doesn't matter if the deck is placed inside a plain white box or a full customized one, the true is that by offering multiple tuck swaps of the same design you're making that design less limited/exclusive (which is ok, but please don't try to sell the fake idea that this is a limited edition of 200 decks...)

Just my opinion, congrats for the great campaign so far.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

sms68x, I get your feeling. I am not an impossible bottle collector either, but I do like nice presentation items. However, if you really feel like you don't want this item, then you should really consider backing the brick set. Then you have a good chance of picking up the other two limited decks, and save a wad of cash.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

I must admit I'm not a fan of impossible bottles either.

I understand the appeal and certainly agree that this would tie in well to the campaign however I have to agree with sms68x here, to me it doesn't make sense to stick the most limited deck in a bottle.

Why not put the treasure edition in the bottle?
Have 500 Gilded for the Deck/Tuck collectors and 500 Un-gilded in the bottle (Nobody will ever know) and offer these in a separate tier.

Thus leaving 100 of the rarest deck to be fought over by those not in the Complete Tempest tier.

Just a thought :idea:
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

Here’s the interesting thing regarding the bottle edition. The tuck will be unique. The cards will be on the level of Dynastinae—same techniques. This is a Lotrek deck limited to 200. To be frank it would be a value to the premium members if I didn’t put it in a bottle. In fact I would save some expense in not having to bottle it. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that I could just offer folks the option of having their deck bottled or not. If that’s something people want. But the deck price is commensurate with any luxury deck printed by Lotrek in numbers of 200 or less.

And then what comes to mind is how many people never open their decks. Why not have a collectors show piece. Something so limited and so rare you can’t even look inside of it. It becomes like JJ Abrams mystery box. Somehow less valuable if opened.
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

What is funny, is that the decks in his Patreon program will get a Patreon exclusive deck that will have more than 200 printed. There are 160 Patrons and most patrons will get at least 2 decks, some 4 and some 8 of the Patreon only decks for the top 3 tiers. There is a basic and silver tier that will not get it, but I would be surprised if there were less than 400 decks made. The silver might be slightly less, but still well over 200.
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:35 pm Here’s the interesting thing regarding the bottle edition. The tuck will be unique. The cards will be on the level of Dynastinae—same techniques. This is a Lotrek deck limited to 200. To be frank it would be a value to the premium members if I didn’t put it in a bottle. In fact I would save some expense in not having to bottle it. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that I could just offer folks the option of having their deck bottled or not. If that’s something people want. But the deck price is commensurate with any luxury deck printed by Lotrek in numbers of 200 or less.

And then what comes to mind is how many people never open their decks. Why not have a collectors show piece. Something so limited and so rare you can’t even look inside of it. It becomes like JJ Abrams mystery box. Somehow less valuable if opened.
Just send me the deck and an empty bottle and I'll figure it out myself if I want to :D

*Cue montage of me just wrecking the deck trying to stuff it into the bottle*
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:35 pm I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that I could just offer folks the option of having their deck bottled or not. If that’s something people want.
Please do that!
TheGentlemanWake wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:35 pm And then what comes to mind is how many people never open their decks. Why not have a collectors show piece. Something so limited and so rare you can’t even look inside of it.
As I said before, have an add-on for impossible bottles... let people be free to choose if they want it or not. I'm not a tuckist, so having a deck that I cannot open is just a nonsense...
caniveski
White Whale: Bicycle Burton
Decks Owned: 800

Unread post by caniveski »

Wouldn't the deck in the bottle just get dinged during shipping ?
masagin303

Unread post by masagin303 »

caniveski wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:28 pm Wouldn't the deck in the bottle just get dinged during shipping ?
Hmm, this came to my mind as well!
Remember Earth clearly.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

I was wondering about that too - how do people usually ship bottles?
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I wouldn't worry about shipping. I have a couple of Edred the Gizzard bottles, and they arrived fine. It is quite easy to package them.

If I got my bottle sent separately, I wouldn't try to fit a dang deck in it. I'd just fill it up with something like cousin Jack #7 or whatever. No need to go crazy, even though this is still 2020.
how do people usually ship bottles?
...in ships?

I actually have bottle with a shipbuilder in it putting a ship in a bottle. :lol:
IMG_0585[1].JPG
IMG_0585[1].JPG (81.93 KiB) Viewed 4694 times
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Bradius wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:49 pm
how do people usually ship bottles?
...in ships?
Bottles are usually shipped by sea, obviously :mrgreen:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:07 pm I think if we hit a high enough goal... Let's say 1100% funding -- we will make a display deck to go along with the bottle. Deal?
Yes! Even Lorenzo has started offering display decks now! But if it's a new deck with new back, would you consider to give backers a chance to pick up the display decks as addon or in backerkit.
laitostarr777
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

Man, hearing about the TOO MANY variations - I think this is the time I will have blanks in the series
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

masagin303 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:33 pm
caniveski wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:28 pm Wouldn't the deck in the bottle just get dinged during shipping ?
I have three 'Anything is Possible' bottles by Jamie Grant and all three decks do have rounded corners of varying degrees from moving around in the bottle and banging against the insides. I would imagine that any deck inside a bottle would have similar issues unless it is secured and prevented from moving around while in transit.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

Packing peanuts, perhaps inside the bottle? :)
masagin303

Unread post by masagin303 »

shermjack wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:30 am
masagin303 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:33 pm
I have three 'Anything is Possible' bottles by Jamie Grant and all three decks do have rounded corners of varying degrees from moving around in the bottle and banging against the insides. I would imagine that any deck inside a bottle would have similar issues unless it is secured and prevented from moving around while in transit.
Well I think this reward should be definitely reconsidered.

Remember Earth clearly.
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

There’s 1 premium tier available currently.

aznh

Unread post by aznh »

^^^^

went to go grab it n its gone

thanks for the tip
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I just want one of each of the 5/6 decks and that's it. As for the extras it depends on what they are if I want them too.

Also put me in the group for the "no aip bottle". I can play with the deck and admire it in a carar case than a bottle. The only aip bottle I have and want is the Bicycle Seven Seas by Brain Vessel since it fits the theme.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

Bikefanatic wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:44 pm The only aip bottle I have and want is the Bicycle Seven Seas by Brain Vessel since it fits the theme.
Yeah, this deck should really come inside a teapot instead...
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
Bikefanatic

wingedpotato wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:22 pm
Bikefanatic wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:44 pm The only aip bottle I have and want is the Bicycle Seven Seas by Brain Vessel since it fits the theme.
Yeah, this deck should really come inside a teapot instead...
That should've been for the Charmers deck since the magician used a magic kettle.

I thought about getting a brick but why, if I can get the rest of the other decks. I don't like people like that to give away extra decks as gifts so it'll be good for new collectors.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Bikefanatic wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:20 pm
That should've been for the Charmers deck since the magician used a magic kettle.

I thought about getting a brick but why, if I can get the rest of the other decks. I don't like people like that to give away extra decks as gifts so it'll be good for new collectors.
Not sure I follow.... are you talking about the limited decks?

I can tell you that getting the limited decks will require moving into limited tiers at different price points.

Here is what i think So far they will likely look like(note that numbers might add up to MORE than limited runs in number only -- because they will be adjusted as new tiers open and close--for instance if 100 people move from the quad to the five set the quad sets disappear. They are not filled again. The cut off is 1000, 777, 200 for the treasured, dynastinae, bottle or whatever this ends up being)

Tempest Quad Set (Dusk, Ocean, Midnight, Treassured) Limited to 250
Tempest Five deck set (Dusk, Ocean, Midnight, Treassured, Dynastinae) Limited to 250
Tempest Six deck set (dusk, ocean, midnight, treassured, dyanastinae, bottle) Limited to 50
Tempest Brick + treasured edition (Limited to 200)
Tempest Brick + Treasured + Dynastinae (Limited to 200)
Tempest Brick + Treasured + Dynastinae + Bottle (limited to 50)

If at the end of the campaign any of the three limited decks remain unsold we will sell them 1 to a backer through backerkit.

The other option of course is simply opening up more premium tiers if there's enough demand. Those numbers would obviously cut into the numbers above.

Bikefanatic

Tempest six deck set (unbottled) is what I'm going for.

-Lotrek

RichK

Unread post by RichK »

PiazzaDelivery wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:45 pm
RichK wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:38 pm
Is there anyone you trust enough on UC to give your kickstarter login info to?
I've used one member before. Going to ask them again.
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

Fes wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:58 pm
Sounds like someone is probably going to start planning to be Online for five minutes in part of those two days. ;)
Believe me if I could be online I would. My disability and medical regime, changed by the hospital forcing me offline (sons of b*****), is really frustrating and I have no easy options. I can't use laptop/mobile since hands are bad.
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Gotta say, Lotrek is killing it on this project.
Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 8.20.31 AM.png
And am I correct to say that this version is to be gilded as well..?

Is this confirmed?

Also, count me in when this tier opens up.
KW

:ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: