TGW Presents "The Tale of the Tempest" designed by Lotrek LIVE on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
caniveski
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Bicycle Burton
Decks Owned: 800

Re: TGW Presents "The Tale of the Tempest" designed by Lotrek KS LIVE on 10/30 12pm ET

Unread post by caniveski »

at work and still managed to get in on the action.....
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Re: TGW Presents "The Tale of the Tempest" designed by Lotrek KS LIVE on 10/30 12pm ET

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Kickstarter has the worst search bar. You type in a campaign exactly how it is and it still won't show up.

I got in after 5 mins and it was already over $30,000. I just got the early bird for all 3 decks.

I was going to get the highest tier but didn't wanna do it blindly though we still could get whatever additional items.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

The top tier is seriously expensive at $415. However, it comes with a deck that is going to be limited to 200, so half are going to be tied up with the top tier. I think the next group that get a shot at this deck are going to be brick backers. Outside of the Collectors tier and maybe the brick backers, I am thinking that access to that deck is going to be very tough during the campaign. There is also a dynastine like deck that is limited to 777 as well. That said, I imagine some people grabbed a Collectors tier that will drop out at some point, so I am sure some will eventually open up for people that want one later that missed out.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

Want to extend my most heart felt appreciation for the tremendous amount of support the campaign received! Even if all you did was offer feedback or an encouraging word... thank you! To those who did put money towards our project I can promise we will work tirelessly to make sure you receive a product worthy of your contribution and attention. Many surprises to come.
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

I'm in for a early brick @ 140$ plus 40$ ! shipping to EU.

Don't get me wrong , i love the project/cards but i'm still very curious about the shipping..

US backers get free shipping.

EU backers have to pay 40$ for shipping.. for a brick
Cards are made in the EU (Belgium), Tucks are made in the EU (Greece)
At the campaign page it says "EU-Friendly Fulfillment No Customs" which means you have to ship them from somewhere inside the EU.
So how can it be that EU backers have to pay 40 $ shipping, while you can offer free shipping to US backers ?
For the backers in the US you have to pay for customs to get the cards from the EU to Gamblers Warehouse and you can still offfer free shipping ?

I love this project and i respect TGW but at the moment the math behind the shipping costs doesn't make sense for me right now.. (maybe i'm missing something ? )
Hopefully someone can explain that to me.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Azid wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:38 pm For the backers in the US you have to pay for customs to get the cards from the EU to Gamblers Warehouse and you can still offfer free shipping ?
I am pretty sure that there are no US custom fees for playing cards.

This is from faqs.org

HTS Number: 9504.40.00
Description: Playing cards
MFN Duty Rate: Free
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

TGW gets all the pretty, shiny tuck cases. Parlour decks are great, these are looking to be better. Keep the $urpri$e$ coming.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Azid wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:38 pm I'm in for a early brick @ 140$ plus 40$ ! shipping to EU.

Don't get me wrong , i love the project/cards but i'm still very curious about the shipping..

At the campaign page it says "EU-Friendly Fulfillment No Customs" which means you have to ship them from somewhere inside the EU.
So how can it be that EU backers have to pay 40 $ shipping, while you can offer free shipping to US backers ?
For the backers in the US you have to pay for customs to get the cards from the EU to Gamblers Warehouse and you can still offfer free shipping ?

I love this project and i respect TGW but at the moment the math behind the shipping costs doesn't make sense for me right now.. (maybe i'm missing something ? )
+1 - I'm curious as well.

That aside congrats to Lotrék and Omar for hitting it out the ball park. Nothing unusual for both of them 😃.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
aznh

Unread post by aznh »

boys, were taking about playing cards here

when did all of this turn into a car payment

getting a bit ridiculous no matter how you slice things
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Azid wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:38 pm I'm in for a early brick @ 140$ plus 40$ ! shipping to EU.

If he is not using 52 Wonders, then the other reason of high EU shipping could be that the GW is still doing the fulfillment but they (GW) have switched the international shipping option from USPC to Swiss Post. I could be completely wrong here, and I am sure you will see a response from TGW soon on the international shipping rate.
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

Can you tell us anything about the black friday thing?
1) is it an item/add-on? or just an announcement?
2) do we have to be quick to add it to our pledges?
3) do people in the premium tier get it automatically?
4) anything else without giving away the secret?
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

It is something they dreamed up called "52 Pick-up" where a random group of 52 of the Collector Tier backers get dropped, and the first 52 to get those tiers can keep them (which includes those that got bumped...if they are fast enough. :twisted:
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Hi all. First of all wanna extend my utmost gratitude and appreciation to all those who offered support and feedback!

Regarding the shipping issues. We have a plan to correct it at least partway. Some of the issues rise from the fact that I used Parlour as a template to prepare the tiers for this project. Those prices reflected costs prior to upgrading to European fulfillment. Truth is I hadn’t really decided on that until days ago (you can read about me asking UC members about their experiences with 52wonders just by scrolling up). Unfortunately I cannot adjust the prices of reward tiers after they have been selected by backers. KS just doesn’t allow it. However all new tiers moving forward will have better separation of shipping costs so that it’s more specific to the region. I. E. Europe, Asia, etc. This will reflect in lower costs for those closer to the fulfillment centers.

What are the new tiers? Well the Treasured edition will make its debut in about 10-14 days. After we see the jokers and ad cards and reveal the first series of stretch goals (inner tuck graphics, seal, brick box). When that happens new limited tiers incorporating the treasured edition will pop up. Yes they will be more expensive to meet the cost of the new deck addition but the costs of the shipping will be adjusted. This means little to nothing for those in US who will move tier to tier. But for those in Europe you would be in essence saving some money on
The cost it the treasured.

What about those in early bird tiers? Will switching tiers forfeit their savings? No. All future tiers will have early bird variations windows that will last at least 6 hours so upgrading to higher tier will not affect their discounts.

Now because the new decks are limited there is a bit if a timing issue. People should make the plan to be there on release. In that respect it’s no different then any other deck release. The good news is that if you were lucky enough to be a part if the Complete Tempest you are locked in and need not worry. You are getting your limited items. No need to change anything.

Finally the entire process will be repeated for the dynastinae and/or Black Fridays release. Still figuring this all out. But again Complete tempest reward tier backers need not worry. Everyone else will be vying to change their pledge to newly open limited tiers.

Now this leaves a few very minor loopholes and issues to work out. And we will do out best. This is an incredibly complex project because we wanted to offer the coolest most beautiful decks and pack them full of value!

On that note. Complete Tempest backers should not fret or worry. Even at the cheapest price offered for every item we intend to offer your reward is already at a significant discount. Value will be added and it will feel like the great deal it is. Especially when you see what’s coming. Lotrek is involved. That’s all I will say. Lol

gacktvam
White Whale: PIXEL LINCOLN [BICYCLE]
Decks Owned: 1800

Unread post by gacktvam »

Will any of the uncut sheets included in the Complete Tempest rewards?
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

gacktvam wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:38 pm Will any of the uncut sheets included in the Complete Tempest rewards?
No plans as of yet. But if we see a way that makes sense to include one perhaps. We like adding value. Lotrek and I have also discussed a signed deck as another method of increasing value for Premier tier backers. But all still being worked out.

bdawg923

How about TGW/Lotrek etched carat cases? That would be sweet
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

I'm all for multiple editions and all that, but seriously - over four hundred dollars??? :shock: I'm expecting it'll include at least a brick of the regular decks at that price, and it's disappointing that spending that much money is the only way to be assured to get one of everything. Where is the "I just want one of each" option? For $400+ there's way too much left unsaid (or left as a "surprise") even when it's TGW and Lotrek making the promises :?

Also I'm not a fan of an "impossible bottle only" deck - feels very gimmicky and IMO takes away from whatever that tuck will look like (because unless you want to break the bottle you'll be, at best, staring at a cello-wrapped deck through glass)
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
andreac75

Unread post by andreac75 »

I'm in with the standard pair!
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

hsbc wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:18 pm I'm all for multiple editions and all that, but seriously - over four hundred dollars??? :shock: I'm expecting it'll include at least a brick of the regular decks at that price, and it's disappointing that spending that much money is the only way to be assured to get one of everything. Where is the "I just want one of each" option? For $400+ there's way too much left unsaid (or left as a "surprise") even when it's TGW and Lotrek making the promises :?

Also I'm not a fan of an "impossible bottle only" deck - feels very gimmicky and IMO takes away from whatever that tuck will look like (because unless you want to break the bottle you'll be, at best, staring at a cello-wrapped deck through glass)
First things first A BRICK IS ABSOLUTELY INCLUDED in the reward tier. I thought that was clear in the description with "It will Include at LEAST fifteen Tale of the Tempest decks total" but perhaps I should make it more explicitly clear. Sorry for that. I'm sorry you feel that way Hsbc regarding the asking price leaving too much unsaid. But all I can do is to provide assurances that VALUE will be offered. In regards to the other limited offerings...

There will be ways to add those decks after all we are making 1000 treasured editions and 777 Dynastinae and there are only 100 premium tier spots. YES there is a premium to pay for a blanket guarantee--that's why people pay up front. For the peace of mind. For everyone else we will open tiers as the unlocks come but those folks will have to contend with others for those spots--there are no guarantees we can offer there unfortunately. But again VALUE is number one on our minds. We are not trying to do a one-and-done campaign--we are building towards more and keeping the trust of our backers is our foremost concern.

EDIT: Forgot to address the bottle... This bottle will include a printed and signed seal over the cork. It's a collectors item. Probably not too dissimilar to any display item. That's why there will only be 200. Obviously creating these bottles and putting a deck inside of them is not an easy or cheap undertaking. I don't even know how it's done. That's an industry secret. By staying out of the Premium tier backers can avoid the bottle and still have 900/677 chances at getting those limited decks (accross multiple tier options i will discuss in exacting detail in project updates to come).

hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:40 pmFirst things first A BRICK IS ABSOLUTELY INCLUDED in the reward tier. I thought that was clear in the description with "It will Include at LEAST fifteen Tale of the Tempest decks total" but perhaps I should make it more explicitly clear. Sorry for that. I'm sorry you feel that way Hsbc regarding the asking price leaving too much unsaid. But all I can do is to provide assurances that VALUE will be offered. In regards to the other limited offerings...

There will be ways to add those decks after all we are making 1000 treasured editions and 777 Dynastinae and there are only 100 premium tier spots. YES there is a premium to pay for a blanket guarantee--that's why people pay up front. For the peace of mind. For everyone else we will open tiers as the unlocks come but those folks will have to contend with others for those spots--there are no guarantees we can offer there unfortunately. But again VALUE is number one on our minds. We are not trying to do a one-and-done campaign--we are building towards more and keeping the trust of our backers is our foremost concern.

EDIT: Forgot to address the bottle... This bottle will include a printed and signed seal over the cork. It's a collectors item. Probably not too dissimilar to any display item. That's why there will only be 200. Obviously creating these bottles and putting a deck inside of them is not an easy or cheap undertaking. I don't even know how it's done. That's an industry secret. By staying out of the Premium tier backers can avoid the bottle and still have 900/677 chances at getting those limited decks (accross multiple tier options i will discuss in exacting detail in project updates to come).
Thanks for the reply! I'm the odd one out here - I don't like buying two of a single deck, much less twelve :lol: You've shown in the past and again now that you'll make sure the slot is worth it and I don't doubt that :D

Is the bottle deck the Treasured or Dynastinae? Or is it a separate edition?

I hope you didn't take my comment personally :lol: :oops: I'm in for as many individual decks as I can manage to grab :D

Don't they make the bottles by "just" taking apart the tuck and re-assembling it inside the bottle....?
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Yes the brick includes a split configuration; so 4 ocean, 4 dusk and 4 midnight.

Regarding the Tempest in a bottle... that is a completely new edition. White tuck case with black foil. Artwork will probably mirror the artwork on the Dynastinae.

Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

So, if the deck is in the bottle, how will we know it is a whole new deck without breaking the bottle and checking the deck? :?
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Bradius wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:54 pm So, if the deck is in the bottle, how will we know it is a whole new deck without breaking the bottle and checking the deck? :?
you won't! lol. But it will be. I might break one on stream to show everyone! But then there goes one of a precious 200!

hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:43 pm Regarding the Tempest in a bottle... that is a completely new edition.
The only part of the campaign I don't like :ugthink: :?
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I do not like impossible bottles. I would just break it to get the deck out.
bdawg923

Honestly I also would. I get the decks to enjoy the artwork. I don't want it hidden in a bottle. I wouldn't mind one of the other tempest decks in a bottle, but not a brand new one that I can't enjoy. Would much rather prefer the tempest ina bottle deck to come without the bottle!
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I would agree as well that I would not prefer some amazing deck by Lotrek to be locked in a bottle. However, I have a feeling there is a lot we are missing and a story is coming to explain this in more detail. The message in the bottle did make an appearance in the Kickstarter video...I'll wait for the storm to pass and see what happens after. Speaking of storm...over $91k in funding and rapidly moving north of the $100k mark... :shock:

Perhaps at least Lotrek could make a few extra cards to come with the package of the cards inside to at least sample the a few cards like he did with the GoG and GoB Oath decks....please!
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

I think if we hit a high enough goal... Let's say 1100% funding -- we will make a display deck to go along with the bottle. Deal?

Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just realized the Monogram "TGW" in the deck doesn't stand for The Gentleman Wake, but The Great Wilenti (or however you spell his name). I went back to check the video and it even ended in "All my love TGW."
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Bradius wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:30 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just realized the Monogram "TGW" in the deck doesn't stand for The Gentleman Wake, but The Great Wilenti (or however you spell his name). I went back to check the video and it even ended in "All my love TGW."
The Great Wylenti. :)